1RM / STS repeat question

Gobias

Cathlete
Hello all,

I am doing my 1st round of STS right now. I did not complete the 1RM ahead of time (I highly encourage everyone to NOT do what I did and complete the 1RM, although not doing it is still giving me great results).

My question is after I am done with my 1st round of STS and if/when I start another STS cycle, is there a way I can input my weights used from my current first cycle rather than do 1RM? I have kept detailed notes of all of my workouts, weights used, when I hit failure, reps, etc.

I am hoping there is a way I can take these notes and somehow input them in place of the 1RM since I truly did lift heavy for me and hit failure when I was supposed to. SInce I will have done all of the workouts by the time I am finished, it would be nice to use that data and not attempt to repeat 1RM again.

Thanks.

Hello all,

I am doing my 1st round of STS right now. I did not complete the 1RM ahead of time (I highly encourage everyone to NOT do what I did and complete the 1RM, although not doing it is still giving me great results).

My question is after I am done with my 1st round of STS and if/when I start another STS cycle, is there a way I can input my weights used from my current first cycle rather than do 1RM? I have kept detailed notes of all of my workouts, weights used, when I hit failure, reps, etc.

I am hoping there is a way I can take these notes and somehow input them in place of the 1RM since I truly did lift heavy for me and hit failure when I was supposed to. SInce I will have done all of the workouts by the time I am finished, it would be nice to use that data and not attempt to repeat 1RM again.

Thanks.

Hello Gobias,

Whatever weight load you have used and written down during meso 1, you will need to increase it on meso 2 and 3. The purpose of STS program is to progressively increase the weight from 60-65% of one rep max to up to 90%:D:eek: on meso 3. Now if you already started lifting heavy from meso 1, you might need to reconsider your approach as you could be training out of the purpose the program was designed for, IMO;)

Once you have input the one rep max for each exercise, the workout manager pre-load the weight load throughout the program.

Hope this help

Thanks Nathalie for the reply.

What I was hoping to do was take the data from the completed Meso 1,2 & 3 of my first round of STS and somehow put it in the 1RM feature and it would figure the weights I should use for the second round of Meso 1, 2, & 3.

So rather than do the 1RM test for each exercise (say, lift 20lbs for 10 reps for bicep curls), I would input what I actually did on my first round of STS (say, I actually lifted 25 lbs for 12 reps for bicep curls).

Not sure how accurate it would be because we know we end at 12 reps, for example, and maybe I could go a bit higher. It is just that I took all of that data down and there has to be a way I can input it for my next round of STS.

Easily Edit Your 1RM

This is actually very easy to do. We’ve made adjusting your 1RM very simple in our free Workout Manager. Just click on the Calendar tab in the Workout Manager and then select the STS workout that contains the exercise you want to adjust the 1RM for. Then click on “show Details” in the right sidebar and the select the “Edit Workout” button. Now scroll down in the workout card and find the exercise you want to adjust your 1RM for. Then click on the “1RM” icon on the right and you will see the following message: “Would you like to re–calculate your 1RM value for this exercise. Yes or No”?. Click on yes and then you will be asked to enter the weight you would like to use from now on for this exercise. Your 1RM will automatically be re-calculated for all future workouts that use this exercise. | Workout Manager |

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.