xoxox C & T St. Patty's Hump Day xoxox

I woke up on time to workout - YAY ME!

No St. Patty's Day celebration for me - in college, I would go out to drink but I'm not Irish and I just don't see the point....

Clintonya, it is supposed to be sunny and gorgeous and warm here too for the next few days. Sorry for the knee issues - maybe you could at least get out and walk...?

Angie, Disney today, right? Have fun!

Kate, how is the haircut? Can you walk today?

That's all I can remember from yesterday - oops:eek:

Off to burn up some legs....

Good Morning & HAPPY ST. PATTY'S Day !!!:)

Today is leg day.

Kate- CAN you walk today ??? :p Hope you have the DOMS you strived for !;)

Katie, no green beer here either. When the kids were little I used to make them green food , and we'd all wear green. But we're not Irish either. ha

bbl......

Morning

No green beer for me :p do they sell green wine?:D

Becky, Katie burn those legs...luv it leg work

I was sore all day yday and still am. Those kbells swings really work your hammies, calves, butt, upper back. I think I need to buy another one:rolleyes:

bbl after I drop off kids.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Taking Nevena on a field trip to the fire station this morning:) Then back to babysit, workout and take Danica to dance-the mom I carpool with is taking her daughter to Bon Jovi! All this on a crummy night's sleep. Tummy issues before bed, then Darrin was sawing sequoias so I came out on the couch and didn't fall asleep til almost 2 am. Good thing my workout is a run/walk today-nothing too tough. And I finally managed to get back on the STS train yesterday-feeling it a bit today. Eats have been good-not much in the house to indulge in! Plus I've been stressed so I don't eat as much and when I do I get issues:( Anyway.

Kate, glad you got your workout in! No beer-green or otherwise for me either. We used to get up at 7 am in college and get in line for the bar!

Becky, how's the pup adjusting? We're all wearing green today-the girls won't not let me!

Robin, kb swings are such a great exercise!

Gotta get going! BBL:)

Top of the mornin' to ya!! :D:D:D

no green beer here. ive actually never even had a beer!:p

i can walk today - must be rested, hydrated, etc...:rolleyes: i want doms! its not even 24 hrs yet tho, so hopefully later!:p my ub was soooo sore last night from disk 1. gonna repeat wk1 next wk!:D

katie, hc was just a trim. but julia got her first haircut & its so sweet!!! just evened up the back - she was growing a mullet - lol!
wtg w/ the wo! i overslept again today!

becky. have fun w/ leg day!

robin, im jealous of your doms!

kl, i was having major tum probs last night too! whats up w/ that!? sorry for bad sleep.

lisa, awesome on not having to cook!
-
groceries this a.m. and then we're making shamrock sug cookies. im going to try hard to not indulge. im doing so good & feel great - dont wanna ruin it! kpc later for wo.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I am Irish, but no green beer here either.

Kate, J's haircut sounds so sweet. I'm sure you'll get DOMS soon.

Klaudia, sorry for your issues, but I hope you have fun at the fire station. Let me know if there are any single, hot firemen. ;)

Robin, green wine sounds good! Let me know if you find some.

Becky, what leg work out are you doing? Your new dog is so adorable! How could you *not* keep him?

Katie, how was your work out? You sound like you're feeling better; I'm glad to hear that.

Lisa, how was dinner at your parents?

Colleen, any word on your job hunt yet?

Wendy, is JJ feeling better? I'm so sorry he was so sick. That's no fun.

Clintonya, are you busy-busy at work this week?

Who did I miss? I'm not fully awake yet. Angie! Have fun at Disney today.

Yesterday was meeting madness at work and then I had a bunch of phone calls last night. I talked to my sister and she told me my dad is doing much better. He was on a new medication which has side effects of dizziness and memory impairment. So she took him off that and now he's doing much better. I talked to him last night, too, and he sounded good. We're all very relieved. My sister also spoke to my parents housekeeper who is at their house 3 days a week now (1 day she cleans and 2 days she spends time with my mom) and she said my dad is back to his old self. Whew! I was pretty worried there for a bit.

I also talked to my friend who lives up north--the one who gave me the makeover. She and her family are going to be down my way this weekend and I'm going to get to see them on Saturday morning for breakfast. What fun! I'm looking forward to that. Then I have a baby shower to go to Sat. afternoon, which will also be fun. Okay, I *should* get some work done.

anne

Last edited:
hey everyone. i read yday afternoon but never got around to posting. wo yday was 60 min swim and some yoga. eats were spot on. and we had the greatest time with my brother and his family. my boys loved seeing their older cousins. amazingly, i got myself out of bed this am and had a good 10 miler. i am feeling better, for sure. caught up on some bills, now a few errands with aidan.

anne, package coming to you soon! thanks again!!

klaudia, good for you with the eats. i know you and the kids have been sick - that is enough for anyone.

kate, glad you got your wos in and haircut. i scheduled one for next week. hope dh can watch the boys.

angie, have fun at disney.

katie, yeah for your am wo. you are on a roll!

colleen, thanks for the smoothie link.

becky, love the pic of your new addition!! how sweet.

robin, enjoy your doms and a day off from work today

okay, will catch up more in a bit!

Happy St. Patty's Day! I am Irish and I am wearing green today but no green beer either. We are having an Irish stew for dinner. I thought it was a good idea when I was planning our meals for the week but it turned out to be a little more work than just throwing some food in the slow cooker. Hopefully it will be good. Workout was M3 Disc 37 Squat Rack legs. This was my first time doing this workout and I don't think I liked it. I didn't like the 4 sets of exercises so I only did 3. I also have a hard time getting the weight right for my legs.

Nina, glad you are doing better and were able to get a good run in.
Anne, nothing has panned out for my job search yet. I got calls on a couple of positions but the salary was too low and it was too junior for me. I have an interview at the end of the month. Glad to hear your dad is doing better.
Kate, that's so cute that J had her first haircut. How adorable. Enjoy baking with the girls.
Katie, yeah for getting up on time and getting your workout done.
Klaudia, sorry about the lack of sleep last night.
Becky, cute puppy! How is he doing?
Robin, I miss kb's. I can't wait to do them next month.

Kate, good you are getting your w/o in no matter what time :) Sorry for the tummy issues, we all need to feel good for at least a week straight!

Becky, have a great leg w/o :)

Lisa, hope you had a great dinner at your parents! I also find it much harder when it is hot! I wish I did have somewhere to swim, but right now I don’t :(

Katie, no green beer for me either :) I know, I can’t wait for this afternoon, crazy it was 32 this morning, but going up to 71!! If my knee isn’t feeling better by the next cardio day, I will try the walk since it is so nice outside.

Robin, yes, I love the kb!! They are great for that all over body soreness.

Klaudia, sorry for your tummy issues too :( I want to go see Bon Jovi! How’s Milla?

Anne, work is in between this week. Trying to get some people’s taxes done in the evenings – I do a couple of people’s taxes for some extras $ during this season. Sounds like another fun weekend ahead for you! That’s great news about your dad!

Nina, glad you are feeling better! Glad your visit went well!

Colleen, I have not done the squat rack legs either, I did the plyo before. I hope the stew turns out good, I am sure it will :)

Angie, hope you all are having a great time at Disney!

Managed to do the warmup and first part of LIC before the blast, a little abs (but nothing w/the knees bent) and the stretch yesterday. Today is weights so that is good. Sun is out and bright! bbl.

Clintonya

hi ladies, im just back from groove, boy did i miss that class! JJ stayed with DH because he is still pretty low energy and just not quite himself yet. and its a good thing because i got there and found out the lower level was flooded so the weight rooms and locker rooms and childcare are all unavl. blurgh.

well i am NOT irish but i WILL be having a green beer and a boiled dinner tonight =) we are going to the bar around the corner with MIL. hopefully JJ will be ok.

clintonya, glad you got some wo time in. sounds like you're doing the right thing and being nice to that knee.

anne, thats great that dad is doing so much better. yes, JJ is better but its such a shock to their little system, it takes a few days to build up to eating normally and having more energy again.

colleen, sorry the job search hasn't been fruitful just yet.

robin, LOL! i've never seen green wine...

nina, are you still feeling super tired and just pushing through it? it sounds like you've had full days and good WOs too.

kate, no DOMS? whah???? pics of the 'do, please! lol@ Js mullet =)

becky, katie, what leg wo are you doing?

yes, katie, I will be having a green beer this evening! just to say I did =)

klaudia, yikes on belly issues. is this carry-over from being sick or a totally new thing?

quick pop in - boys are busy!!

someone asked about us moving - we are only renting in florida s we hope to move within 2 yrs. we signed a one yr lease, and the owners want to put the huse on the market to sell - therefore no 2nd yr lease and we need to move:(

clintonya, what did you do to your knee? i do not remember you saying you had knee issues. swimming is so good, but not if you cannot get to a pool.

wendy, your evening sounds good. i detest beer, but dh more than maeks uo for me:p

colleen, 4 sets sounds like a lot! i end up shorting rest periods if i have too many sets, which probably defeats the purpose:confused: hope your dinner turns out well.

yoga time soon. tenderloin in crockpot for dinner!

Nina, LOL, I put another package in the mail for you yesterday! Enjoy!

Wendy, have a green beer for me. I'd love to join you, I bet Boston is hoppin' today!

Clintonya, it's so beautiful here I can't believe it. Sunny and almost 60.

Colleen, let us know how the stew comes out.

Hi to everyone else! I have another webinar this afternoon; I can't believe I scheduled so many of these things. Oh, well, it will be fine, right?

Oh, and I'm thinking of doing the One Hundred Push Ups (http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html) after Meso 3. Has anybody here done that? I know there's a new check-in for it, but I was wondering if any of you have tried it. bbiab

anne

oh UGH Nina! I hate moving ! I feel sorry for you ! I'm sorry you don't like Florida too. What don't you like about it ?

Anne, where are you again ? Our weather is the same. It's 60 and sunny.
DD and I just walked the dogs...........really nice with short sleeves and capris on ! :)

I did disc 29 (I think) STS week 2 of Meso 3. My quads are feelin' it already !
That's a good one !

Want to do some stretching or yoga this afternoon to loosen up a bit.

Oh Anne, I did the One Hundred Push Up challenge. I got to somewhere in the 80's and quit. Sometimes I wish I hadn't but it was extremely tough for me.
I think 80 some pushups is fairly decent.
Good luck if you do it !!!

Klaudia I'm glad you are back on the train.

Kate enjoy your cookies. Want DOMS buy a 20#kbell...;)

Anne I'm glad your father is doing better. 100 boy push ups:confused: wow

Nina good eats

Colleen quat rack meso 3...miss it

Clintonya how are the girls?

Nina sorry about the move, that' always stressful

Had to get 2 new tires on car before inspection....hate it.

bbl after swings

becky, i love small town, quiet safe living. this area is very busy, tons of bad people around, and just so fast paced. not how i want to raise my kids, kwim? still love the beach. we played there with my brother and his family yday. we dug a humongous hole and all the kids jumped in and out (aidan rolled:D) . it was lovely. the beach is fab for sure.

anne, you know i love pushups - go for it.

kate, what else are you cooking???:eek:

robin, we just bought new tires too, gulp.

so, dilema for me. things are stressful right now with my parents and sibs. my parents divorce goes before a judge at the end of march. eatser is coming. i was thinking of a little vacation over easter weekend with dh and boys. the thing is, i know my mom will be sad if we are not with her. not sure what to do. advice?

Nina, lol! I'm not making those pancakes! Just thought of Katie!
Re your dilemma - my vote is take care of your family. You can support your mom over the phone. Hang in there.

clean eats and WO done - and I have successfully avoided the cookies! Not a lick or bite!

Nina, take the vacation. Get one of your sibs to spend Easter with your mom. You and yours need the getaway.

Robin, how were those swings? I would love to get some kettlebells.

Becky, 80 push ups is fantastic! I'll be happy if I get to 50.

I'm off to Target to get a gift for the baby shower. Somehow I let it slip my mind that I need to take a present for this event. Sheesh, you'd think I had been preoccupied or something! Tee hee!

anne

Wendy, glad you had a good w/o and enjoy that green beer :) Is your elbow feeling 100%?

Nina, I didn’t do anything in particular that I know of to hurt my knee. It will just act up from time to time. Sometimes it is really bad and sometimes just in between. If you can go w/your dh and sons and not be too stressed out, I would say go for it. I know it’s hard though-I often find myself caught between my mom and my dh and dds.

Becky, 80 pushups is great!

Anne, we started it – my dh and dds and then stopped, just didn’t follow through for some reason! Probably lack of discipline!

Robin, they are both doing good. As I hear some of the stories of what others are going through w/their teenagers, I realize that their little issues really aren’t that bad! Sorry about the tires, I always dread car inspection time! How are your two doing?

Kate, good job on avoiding the cookies :)

Knee was feeling a lot better, then all I did was bend down to move a space heater and it started hurting more again! So, I just did a leslie sansone w/o w/the stretch band, still had to take it easy w/ hamstring curls and knee lifts, but needed some kind of w/o for the day. I am going to try to get into work early tomorrow, so I am going to try to get to bed earlier tonight. Hope everyone is having a good night!

Clintonya

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.