Xers - Wed & Wickedly Tired!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning Gals!
What a differnce a few days make in healing process.... Still very difficult going thru all the "firsts" but I am so grateful we are "moving thru" our grief today vs stuck in the saddness like the last couple of days...Wendell still struggling greatly - I am starting to feel peace. Thank you all again for holding my hand & my heart so tenderly since Xmas Eve and thru the sickness.

Today will be day 1 of Phase 2 Lean- Will have to check & see if its still Core Syn..... Client at 630am & I am GLAD to have the diversion once Wendell goes to work....I'll workout after she leaves.

Hope Santa was good to all the Xers because you sure deserve it!

To Tracy & Sandra.... x( ............Isnt there a penalty of some sort for working out on Christmas Day? Are you 2 in a competition of some sort? Seriously- hats off to you both for the workout!!! ^5

Debra..... you just squeeze julia for me and tell her how honored I am she has a Sandy friend too!!! She put Wendell & I in those bitter sweet tears this morning.... How totally awesome! :*

Jeanette..... Ya gotta LOVE a DH that has primo timing! I am happy you are joining me today in Day 1.... We're 1/3 of the way there! YEAH

Much love to all- I will try & return later

XXOO

Hi all,

The holidays are so much nicer now that the kids have gotten older. I enjoyed them when they were small, but it was always very hectic and I never knew quite what to buy. Now I just ask them, and they get exactly what they want. I bought a few small things for under the tree, but the big stuff was done.

My back is still tight from Slo Mo legs the other day. I'm not happy about that. I have legs on tap for today, and I'm not sure what I'll do. I will definitely do some yoga.

Traci - I'm glad things are getting a little better. Idle time is never good when you have things on your mind. No I'm not in any competition about the workout. It is a good stress relief for me, so I usually try to get one in. It was actually a great workout and I stayed above Cathe's weights for almost everything through both workouts, well until shoulders, which I left until last and I was right with her. It makes me wonder about starting another round of the X or just continuing to do what I've been doing. I'm not doing the X lower because that didn't work for me.

Jeanette - I'm sure the shiney black 4 wheeler was a nice surprise. We rented some one year out in Brian Head Utah, it was tons of fun. Both DSs now have dirt bikes. They did buy them used though. That was the only sense I could talk into them. There just aren't many places to ride around here and anything will require at least an hour drive. Has DH ever seen Joe Dirt? That is probably the most watched movie of all times around here.

Sandra - I'm still contemplating the physique question. When I get a few more minutes I'll post my opinion.

Debra - Sounds like DD got more stuff than she could possibly know what to do with. I guess she'll be busy with all of the new stuff for a while. Sounds like Hanna Montana is making big bucks! Any visits to the Fundamentalists lately? Do they believe in lots of presents or so they keep it simple?

Lea - Hi and happy holidays.

Nicole - Happy Holidays to you too.

I have to go get some business bookwork done. I'll check back later.

Tracy

Wow! Did I sleep like a rock last night!!! I may end up taking a nap this afternoon...still feeling a bit weary. I, being the inherently lazy person that I am, did NOT work out yesterday. I did Squeeze on Monday instead of Eoin...I wanted more of a challenge..and also something I could stop frequently to check on my pies which were baking at the time. So, back to Slo Mo today. I will probably do chest, tris, and shoulders...just to mix it up a bit since Sargent Sandra said it would be good for me.

I may start taking down a bit of the Xmas stuff...But I will definitely leave the main trees up for a while. Still, of course, have that darn Hannah Montana stage to open up and set up today....also have to do a purge in DD's room to get rid of some old toys to fit in all the new. We had a great time yesterday with all of the gifts and whatnot. CB and I got along so well...and it was great to have him around for the holidays. I think he was glad to spend it with us too. I actually have pictures of him now...WooHoo!! I will get those on my picture trail later today...with some sort of password. DD also got to talk to her dad with the webcam yesterday morning...so all is good. I am starting to get more and more anxious about XDH's impending visit. I also talked to one of his best friend's last night, and he warned me that XDH may go kind of crazy when he sees the paperwork.....Great. Just something else to look forward to. I will be glad when we get to January 5!

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas...I guess Sandra is out shopping on Boxing Day...or dragging DH into the workout room!! Hope everyone had a fun peace-filled day with family and friends.

personals....

Traci...
Glad you guys are starting to move through your grief....It is so hard...even though you know it was the right thing. I am so sorry that Wendell is having such a hard time too....Good gracious...I think it would really bother me to see that bear of a man in tears...poor thing!! Good you guys are getting back into the swing of things and getting back into a routine. That is sure to help. How is baby Matthew doing?? WooHoo!! Core Syn...I guess you will have to listen out for Dreya moaning like Jeanette mentioned the other day...LOL!

Tracy...
I am so happy you had an enjoyable day with the family. The only thing I don't like about having DD at this age is the all the package opening. I will be glad when she can get those darn dolls out of the box herself...LOL! Yes, Hannah is making a killing this year!! And DD being an only child always gets way too much for whatever event is happening. Sorry to hear that you are still bothered by Slo Mo legs...I may bag that one this week and do one of Cathe's legs instead. I really don't have the time to hurt myself right now. DD spend the night with the fundamentalists the other night...I know that they don't do Santa..but I am not sure how much they do for the holiday. Hope DH has gotten over his snit from the other day so that he doesn't bother you while you are doing the book work.

Well, I guess that is it for now...Hope to see some of you today in between cleaning up after all of the Xmas craziness. I will get some pics posted in a bit. Does anyone know what day it is??? I am so off...it's Wednesday, right??? Oh, yeah...that's right it is at the top of the thread....DUH! I'm going to finish my diet coke and try to wake up a bit!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Debra: THANK GOD you changed your shoes! :* :p - Love your party girl Meez! I see you are getting prepared for heavy duty partying.... DH & I will stay true to our partying tradition...... jammies by 7pm..... toasting champagne at 8pm.... Traci sound asleep at 9pm and Wendell waking me up at midnight! :+ ~ I too am tired and unsure of the day of the week.... it appears with the rainy day I am destined to nap with you! I shall be checking your picture trail every hour on the hour to see CB!

TRACY: You are up at it early for a day off from work! Will you be joining the crowds at the mall today? I may venture out just to keep myself busy- I need a new carpet cleaning Bissell so I think they may be on sale today...Then I can keep busy cleaning carpets this week. ~ Glad the family enjoyed the holiday and that Santa gave all what they most wanted!!!

Shall be subbing Core Syn with Cardio Core from SSE + PHH;-)

Merry Day After Christmas Xers!

I hope you all had a great day yesterday and Santa brought you what was on your wish list! I had planned join the workout crowd, but after cleaning up and cooking for hours, I just wanted to sit down, lol. No workout yesterday. I DID workout on Monday, though. I did a HIIT run on my mom's treadmill and Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, too. The run was fine, but Tony not so much... DH and my sister's dog kept interrupting me, plus on the Scarecrow move I used too heavy weight and my rotator's cuff was sore the rest of the workout, so I had to modify many of the remaining moves. It's ok now, though. My hip is bothering me, though. I have no idea why. It started on Monday, coming off 2 days of no workouts (but not really "rest" days, IYKWIM). It hurts going up stairs and when I bend over or squat. I'm planning Plyo X tomorrow (making up from yesterday), but if it's still pretty sore, I might sub something else. Today I did the 2nd half of Imax 2 on the 8" step this morning (doing all extra cardio fasted) and later on I'll be doing Back & Biceps. Tomorrow I'll double up so I can catch up, so it'll be Plyo and Yoga X. *whew*

Traci-X -- (((HUGS))) I'm sorry Sandy passed so close to Christmas, and I hope you're able to work through your grief in a timely manner and get back to feeling like yourself soon!!

Hi to everyone else! I'll be back on later to catch up on personals. I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Hi...pics of CB are up...The password is

cbandme

And the title it

Xers

Please let me know if for some reason it doesn't ask you for a password...Trying not to get myself into any trouble...LOL!
Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Carol:
I felt the same way after cooking/cleaning & walking the boys 3x- That was my w/out! Hey girl- be very careful with that rotator... It was November LAST YEAR during phase 3 of X that the scarecrow move got me too! I had really increased my weights for upper body and never thought that the funky little move would do me in but I battle it to this day.... I hope you recover quickly...ice baby!
IYKWIM : WHATS THIS MEAN????
Thanks for the hugs.

Classic/ Week 6/ Day 3/ Back & Biceps; ARX (+Cardio Fusion, first 30 mins).

Happy Boxing Day! I'm so shocked to hear some of you have to go to work today. Don't you get the 26th off, as a matter of course? It's a national holiday here. Good thing, too, because we're suffering holiday hangover. The house looks like chaos. If I had sharp elbows and lots of patience I could be out shopping for Boxing Day deals. But I'm tired of spending money, regardless of how good the deal.

But I will go shopping some time soon. On Dec 22, my 3rd nephew was born!! Owen Alexander! Owen is the 5th child.

Traci....It sounds like you all are doing as well as can be expected. How did you spend Christmas Day? I think you've said before that Wendell's mother comes over? An actual PENALTY for exercising on Xmas day?? If 90 minutes away from the chaos and junk food is considered a penalty, then I guess so! :) If you ever get a chance, can you go back and read my post to Tracy on Dec 24? Or maybe I'll come back and paste it in a new post. I was asking her opinion about physique training, based on what Tosca says in her new book. I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about it.

Tracy....Oh geez, it's too bad your back is still feeling tight. You seem to take 2 steps forwards and one step back. I think it's amazing that you persevere with this pain in the back.

Debra....Excellent decision to do CST! If I have to suffer, so should you! :) Nope, no shopping for me today! I have to catch up on Mon & Tues housework, and do Wed to boot. Clean bathrooms, clean hamster cages, make up a week's menus and grocery list, etc. And figure out where we're going to put all the new toys that Santa brought. We'll start taking the Xmas stuff down, too. I'm going to miss the glowing lights from the Xmas tree. CB spent Xmas day with you?!?! Well, things are definitely serious!! Does DD call him Uncle?? I downloaded Skype yesterday, to do a webcam with my family. We were having trouble with MSN, which we usually use. We also had tons of problems with Skype, and finally gave up. We concluded that everyone in the world was videocaming yesterday, so we'll try it again today. I don't envy you the forthcoming visit from XDH. By the time the kids are old enough to get the dolls out of the boxes themselves, they're too old to want the dolls in the first place!!! It's ridiculous, isn't it? I LOVE your Meez! However, it's midnight. Is the fact that she's not kissing anyone a triumphant shout of independence for 2008? And will you be wearing that outfit on NYEve?

Have a great day!
Sandra

OOOOHHHHHHHHH-LA-LA Debra!!!! What a hunky honey you have!!! I was still expecting a 20 something "boy toy!" :eek:
My goodness - you look like a child next to all that braun!

Good morning everyone. How is everyone today? Yesterday I had family over and my poor DH was really sick, he still is. I didn't get much sleep last night or the night before, so it looks like I will be taking a nap with you guys this afternoon. The kids really enjoyed themselves.

No workout today or yesterday, but will meet up with Tony tomorrow. If I happen to get some energy today, maybe Eion will do.

Traci - I am glad that you are feeling a little better.

Tracy - Sorry about the back

Debra - Woohoo on the CB.

Sandra - Happy Boxing Day to you too! Congrats on the new nephew.

Have a great day to the rest of the Xers. Talk to you soon.

Lea

Hi all!! I have done nothing but put together the HM stage...but it is actually pretty cute...I talked to my mom for a while...and I guess that is about it. I will be taking it easy today. My goals are to clean the kitty litter and exercise. Wouldn't want to push myself to hard...LOL!

personals..

Traci...
No, CB is my age...just acts younger....lol! I am assuming you had to use the password to get into those pictures. Keep in mind I am a little thing....I am only 5'2" and weigh (on a good day!) 112...I look small next to most everyone. "IYKWIM" is If you know what I mean, by the way.

Carol...
Glad you had a good run....sorry about all the interruptions with Tony, though. I actually hurt myself during my X round by doing Scarecrow with too much weight. Take it easy on that one...either use lower weight or just skip it altogether. What's up with your hip?? Be careful...don't overdo...we don't want you on the injured list!!

Sandra...
No way would anyone get me into a mall today. I am planning on staying as close to home as possible! And, no, funny lady, DD does not call CB 'uncle'. She calls him Mr. (insert last name here). I'm not into the whole 'uncle' thing. If things continue on with CB, at some point I will allow her to call him by his first name. Congrats on the new nephew!!!! We actually didn't have any problems with Skype yesterday...everything went really smooth. I am not quite sure what I am wearing on NYE...probably not shorts though...LOL!!! I will be asserting my independence this upcoming year....school is just around the corner for me! I am sure your forearms are going to be burning after your workout today. Is DH going to do it with you??? Will he be crying like a baby?? LOL! Good luck getting that house back into order...I am assuming there are no errant lice hanging around.

Lea...
So sorry that DH is under the weather. Is he a big baby like most men?? It su**s to feel bad on Xmas, though. Hope you get that nap in....and I am sure you will be right back on track with your workouts tomorrow!

Okay...I have procrastinated enough...DD is asking to get on the computer to put her new webkinz on...Back later to say hello...and hopefully to report workout and kitty litter complete!

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

A little procrastinating is going on here too. I should go out and get some sale wrapping paper because I'm completely out, but that is not going to happen.

Debra - CB looks like a sweetie. Interesting camera angle on all of those pictures. Ahhh.... you will be a school girl soon. No more days of just changing kitty litter and workouts for you!

Carol - Sorry the scarecrows got you. I hate it when that happens. Hopefully by next workout you'll be feeling back to normal. What is up with the hip? I still have some issues with my left once from the disc problems. That is taking a long time to go away.

Sandra - I can't workout with my DH. He runs too, but I don't think as far as I do. He is so competitive, he commented the other day that I probably couldn't keep up with him for a shorter run. I'm like whatever! DS ran with him not too long ago and said he felt like he hadn't even gone running. Of course that info was not conveyed to DH. After thinking about the physique question, here are my thoughts and I could be totally wrong. I think that ALMOST everyone is born with the same muscles, some of us tend to have larger muscles that develop more easily, and others leaner looking muscles that probably will never get too big. Then we all are born with a certain skeletal alignment, which impacts muscle development, and of course, a predisposition to deposit fat in certain places. Take all of that, in combination with eating habits, movement patterns, lifestyle etc. and you get your personal physique; on some people fat is on the hips, some on the legs, some have better developed delts, some triceps, etc, etc. Still underneath all of that, for ALMOST everyone, is the same foundation of muscular anatomy. So, I do think that people can change their physique. Do I think that many people are willing to work THAT hard, and are THAT knowledgable to acheive changes in physique; probably not. I think that the more fit you are, the harder it is to make gains, and even some of the fittest people don't have perfect physiques, but the look, is probably not as important to them as the function. I don't believe in spot reducing. To get the perfect look, I think you have to work to get really low body fat, so that you can get rid of those problem areas and get down to the real muscle unless of course you are lucky enough to just deposit fat in a consistent layer all over your body. I also think that some people might have to work really hard to develop a certain muscle just because they are predisposed to having that muscle be smaller, or even vice versa. I just don't think many people are born with misshaped muscles and here is one reason why. If you look at kids and even kids in middle school (13-15), there are very few oddly shaped kids. Some of them that have started to put on extra weight, start to look different, but most of the kids, who are of normal weight are fairly well shaped. It's when we get older, that all of the skeleton/lifestyle etc. start to have a major impact on the way we look. There are no girls in middle school with really broad hips, etc. unless they are overweight. Obviously abdominal girth size is dependent on rib structure etc, but is also a direct relation to fat JMO. So overall, I don't think if everyone engaged in the perfect workout that we would all look the same, but we could look like desirable specimins of the human body (and IMO that is not obese or morbidly obese), but to throw physique changes out as a means to get people to engage in a healthier lifestyle could very well be misleading. If I was out selling books, I probably wouldn't use that theory and would look at health benefits etc, because the goal of changing the physique could be riddled with potholes, in addition to being long and hard. Of course it all depends on where you are starting and what your expectations are. And finally, I could be totally wrong about all of this, but under that last bit of fat on my outer thigh is a nicely shaped quad and hamstring:)

Tracy

Well I am joing the procrastinators club today too! Went shopping tho & found GREAT deals on a Bissell Carpet Cleaner & Space Heater... Virtually zero crowd - everyone must be avoiding the rain....

Forgot to tell ya'll the FABULOUS news! I got a call about 7pm from my niece... Matthew Daniel was allowed to come home last night! It was a TOTAL shock to her & the dad as the day before the DR said- 2-3 more weeks.... WTH???? I fear the early discharge is more due to insurance than optimum health but we shall all keep good thoughts.

Tracy: You are so right about idle minds.... I feel pretty good this afternoon considering..... I think having my early AM client put me back into a much needed groove. I have no doubt your day will end up super productive! ROF on the running DH thing! How do you keep your lips zipped! Thats priceless.... I sense a tad of jealousy at your fitness... Its good for him! LOL

DEBRA: I am a webcam idiot! You'd think with DH in the tech business we'd have all that stuff but he's in the software end so we both are a little challenged on the other end. ~ Gosh I forgot what an itty bitty thing you all are! Am I going to be your Jolly Green Giant guest? I'm 5'5 and on a good day I'm * #s! }( YES on the password...

SANDRA: Happy Boxing Day to you too! I shopped FOR you so no need to go out & about. WELCOME to Owen Alexanader!!! What a year for all our little guys! Is this a nephew that you live close enough to visit regularly? ~ MIL did come over yesterday for about 4 hrs... I cooked a huge spread for her birthday / Xmas.... It was a much needed diversion from tears & I think it helped DH & I to start moving thru the sadness and into the healing process. I cracked up at you thinking of a workout as a "break" from the craziness! must be yet another reason you are in far superior shape than I! LOOK OUT THO- I am motivated because of our retreat! :+ I did go back & read your post and have also read Tracys well thought out response... I cannot add anything at all to her logic... I totally 100% would have said the same thing except in a less well written way;-) I do believe we are far more in control of the shape of our body based on nutrition and how hard we work it.... I think theres the genetic part that really only accounts for how "easily" we can get there. ~ What are your NYE traditions? We use to bang pots & pans as kids and tick my mother off!:+

LEA: Hoping DH is feeling better today! I think its hard to watch the world feel so celebratory when you are sick or sad or whatever.... I am much more sensitive now to the fact that not everyone can/will embrace the "joy" of a particular day... We all have a lot in life to go thru... I was in tears last night hearing about 4 houston children that died senseless & needless deaths on Xmas Eve & Xmas Day here... another one in San Antonio & across the world I'm sure... I wonder how those poor people will ever again be "jolly" at holiday?. Sorry for the downer personal! LORD where is my head at. Just give DH a big hug & kiss! :7

Hugs & kisses... time to do more laundry. XXOO

Traci...
OMG!! First of all, this must be the biggest procrastination of all...searching the web for Dreya! Second of all, now we know that she was just practising her moaning in the X for the movie!! Thanks for giving me a laugh today!!! Thirdly, I bet you Tony got a major boner while watching her and the other gal go at it!! Wait, can I say that here?? All lurkers, close your eyes.

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Good evening,

How nice to see some chattiness happening today.

Carol....Boy you've been working hard trying to stay caught up! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't attempt PlyoX and YogaX on the same day. PlyoX and BathX, maybe.

Debra....Well, would you look at your gorgeous self and that hunk of a man! You have a trophy boyfriend! Yes, I was asked for the password. How big is this HM stage? Is it Barbie-doll sized, or life-sized? Does DD pretend to sing?

Lea....Nice to see you! I hope DH is feeling better?? We had a Xmas like that 7 years ago, and I still remember the misery. Next year will be better! Seriously?! She calls him MISTER?? Geez, my kids only call their teachers by Mrs., Miss, Ms, or Mr. I thought that was too old fashioned in today's world. You're strict! The Skype problems yesterday continued today, and MSN didn't work as well as usual, either. We've concluded that my brother has a slower connection speed. We'll try it again when my parents can use their own computer at their house. DH didn't shed a tear during BB, so perhaps I should have made him work harder? ;) My forearms were rock hard, though. So far so good on the lice situation. My friend hasn't found a live one on her kids in a week, so hopefully we're safe. We were as cautious as possible.

Tracy....Thank you for the long reply!! So, do I understand you correctly that you think we can change our body shape, but it would take more effort than most people can muster? And if one is going to extol the virtues of exercise to beginners, they shouldn't focus on physique carving, but general health benefits? Fortunately my DH is very non-competitive. "Laid back" probably describes him best.

Jeanette....So, how did the first attempt at the new Christi go? I plan to do the Bryan Kest tomorrow morning, after CardioX. I'll let you know how it goes.

Traci....Thanks for the congrats on the new nephew! No, that family lives in northern Ontario, so we raaaaaarely see them. The last time we saw them, their third child was an infant. She just turned 5 on Dec 15. Times flies. I AM NOT in better shape than you!! We are different body types, I think. And mine is fatter. I'm an inch shorter than you and probably 15lbs heavier. Okay, 20lbs after the way I've been eating this week. And last week. And, ah, let's face, how I'm going to continue eating until next week. Thanks for saying you agree with what Tracy said. Do you think I got your point(s)? Do you think Tosca's workout ideas will actually do what she says they will? My NYEve traditions are the same as yours. Since we're two hours behind the west coast, we watch the ball drop on telly in Times Square at 10pm, then go to sleep.

Boy, that scarecrow move in CST seems to have brought a lot of people down in round one, didn't it? I had no idea. Note to Self: don't push the scarecrow move.

Wasn't it Lea or Monica who found that Gymnast information last year? What a hoot to actually see a clip!!!!

Cheers
Sandra

Core Synergistics

Too much sugar, too much salt, too little sleep! That about sums up my Christmas. I never buckle down until after New Year's so I have a long road ahead of me. I am so bloated and tired it's not even funny.

I feel like I've been MIA for too long but you all know this is what happens when my DH is off of work and at home. He goes back tomorrow so life will be a bit normal except that the boys are off school until week after next.

I didn't get a workout in Monday or Tuesday unless bowling counts:p I will do CardioX doubled with either YogaX or L&B. I went to PT today and they did ultrasound on my back again. It is still sore and I'm getting the spider feeling again everyday.

My DH purchased an Ipod for me:D I am so glad to be on the up and up with everyone else. Now I'm ready for the Workout Blender! Also, my friend of 31 years is a flight attendant and she said she can get me a buddy pass for $200 to fly into Greensboro:) Yeah! It's nice to have connections. She asked me if I was crazy to fly to North Carolina and see a bunch of women I've never met. I told her I know them better than most people I see around here:D

Traci-X, I was so sorry but relieved to hear about Sandy. Big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you and Wendell:* Life will once again return to normal for you. It must be a relief to know she's not in pain anymore.

Tracy, I'm glad your Christmas wasn't too hectic. I'm sure I will enjoy it better in a few years too. it's fun because they get so excited but all of the batteries and assembly are a nightmare! I'm with you on the body composition and shape having a lot to do with daily lifestyle and nutrition. My body shape changed a lot the last round of P90X. My waist was actually getting smaller than my legs which never has happened before.

Debra, I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas. OMGoodness! CB is such a handsome man! He has beautiful eyes. Good choice:D It must be great to have a special someone to share it with versus XDH non-existence. I sure hope your XDH is a good boy when he comes in January. He has to realize he's the reason for this whole mess anyway. Look how long it's taken him to even come visit for goodness sakes! I am feeling a bit slow lately too. Do you think it's the cruddy food?;) That was a nice little X scenario you had there! LOL, I think I blushed:D

Carol, Please don't kill yourself doing YogaX and PlyoX on the same day!:D Let us know if you're still alive when you're done.

Sandra, Happy Boxing Day! I bet they made that holiday to excuse another day off work;) Happy shopping and Congrats on the new nephew! Babies, babies everywhere:)

Lea, A sick DH means you're working your butt off! Take it easy so you don't get sick too! Glad you had a nice Christmas sick DH and all.

I'll have to finish up in a bit, must go make dinner!

Nicole

Bring it!!!

01_10036401102.gif
[/url]

Hi all! Finally back for a chat...I can hear DD upstairs singing with her HM stage...LOL! She can hook her MP3 player up to it and listen to whatever she wants...and have whatever dolls she wants to stand on the stage and sing. I took down a lot of the Xmas stuff today...mostly the table top stuff. I will leave the trees up until after the 1st and CB has offered to come over and clean out my gutters and help take the outside stuff down in a couple of weekends.

I did Slo Mo chest, shoulders and tris this evening and my upper body is feeling pretty fatigued. I will do cardio of some sort tomorrow plus core. I only have one observation/note about the "spot reducing" issue. I think sometimes people can fool themselves into thinking they have reduced a particular area of their body...simply because they have never really worked that part of their body before. Example....when I first started my quest to lose weight/eat healthier/exercise more I had not worked out in years...and even then I never lifted weights. Fast forward to about a year into my new found fitness when I found Cathe and did more strenuous cardio workouts and added a very little bit of weight training. Also at that time I added in ab work...mostly with the ab stuff in CTX and Kari Anderson's Curl. I did ab work almost everyday (keep in mind I was pretty uneducated about over-stressing your muscles at the time). I noticed a significant flattening of my tummy during that period...Yes, I was losing a little weight...but not in comparison to the new found smaller tummy. I truly believe it was from all of the ab work I was doing...I finally after 37 years of life worked my abs and toned them for the first time...which led to the perception of the spot reduction of my tummy. It was just that I had NEVER worked those muscles before. So my tummy flattened...I am assuming that people who have never worked parts of their body before would also have the same perception...even though it is just the toning of the muscle that is creating that effect. I know now that it is not actual spot reducing...but I can see how someone could have that perception. Okay...I have rambled enough about that now!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on CB...He is a cutie...and I kind of like him...LOL!

personals...

Traci...
Yes. I said boner...I actually thought something else first (h-o) and deleted that particular phrase...so that I wouldn't sound like such a potty mouth...LOL! So glad to hear that sweet Matthew is home. I am sure that he is breathing well and taking in enough nourishment...and really that is most important. I am sure they will have lots of doctor checkups for the first little bit. Somehow, I don't think that 5'5 is the jolly green giant...LOL! You silly thing...You look great...I am just a peanut. My BFF is the only person I know over the age of 12 who is shorter than me. I say that I am 5'2...but I think I am down to 5'1 now...LOL. I am shrinking. I haven't gotten on the scale lately...I am going to do that first thing in the morning so that I know exactly how many vanity pounds I need to lose before XDH comes in on Saturday evening....LOL! How much do you think I can lose in 3 days?? I am going to email you tomorrow about a lean rotation for me...I have ideas...just not sure if I am thinking of it right. No rush, though, since I have 2 more weeks of slow heavy and a recovery week of mainly yoga...so 3 weeks altogether. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Tracy...
It was very interesting to read your post to Sandra....Very well thought out...I haven't really thought about how kids are shaped these days...I mean, my DD is a thin thing (XDH is a bean pole) and I haven't really noticed other kids unless they are overweight. I will start to pay more attention to other kids' overall body shape. I guess a lot of the broadness of hips comes after puberty and especially during childbirth. Mine didn't broaden out as much as others since I had a C-section...and had a premature birth with DD too. My trouble spot has always been abdomen...even younger, but especially after the c-section...if you see me in a bikini one side is tighter than the other from the actual surgery. CB is a sweetie...He has a good heart and that is just what I need right now. How did the bookkeeping go?

Nicole...
Poor tired girl! Do we ever get picks of the darn GB house??? So sorry your back is still acting up. When do you have that MRI scheduled? Take it easy and try not to overdo until you find out what is really going on. I didn't eat to many sweets and I have been pretty good with mealtime...but I ate a whole bag of Cheerios Chex mix stuff in 2 days...probably not the best idea. I will remember not to buy that again...LOL! WooHoo on the Ipod! You will have lots of fun playing with that. That's wonderful that you can get a buddy pass to Greensboro...great news!! I know...I talk to you guys more than my BFF some weeks. CB made our Xmas more like a family than I have felt in a long time. I was telling him last night that this Christmas is the first one that I can remember not getting into a huge fight. XDH always had some sort of nastiness to impart during the holidays. CB also put together DD's drum set from Santa. I have NEVER had any help getting Xmas ready for DD...I have always had to do it all myself.

Sandra...
I think all the chattiness today is due to a whole lot of procrastination! I kind of like having a trophy boyfriend...LOL! Yes, I can use the 'boyfriend' word without cringing or second guessing myself. Look how much progress I am making. The HM stage is Barbie sized...and DD sings along the whole time. It is actually kind of cool she can hook up her ipod so that she gets to do different songs. She can put her Cheetah Girl dolls on and play CG songs if she wants. I think you put part of your post to me under Lea...She will probably be confused when she reads it. I don't know why I started with DD calling CB Mister...I just knew I didn't want her to call him 'uncle'...That is reserved for a couple of REALLY close friends...and at the time I didn't know how long he was going to be in the picture. I guess I didn't feel right with her just calling him by his first name...And I was not inventive enough at the time to come up with anything else. Glad to know there is no infestation! It sounds like you should have made DH lift a bit heavier. He should be in pain when he is done...LOL!

Okay...I guess that is it for now. I hope all of the MIA Xers are having fun with family and friends today. See you all in the morning! The countdown is 3 days until XDH arrives. UGH.

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.