Xers - Thrilled Its Thursday

Hi all,

Yesterday I ended up doing CTX & 4DS KB warmups and cardio only. I was glad I didn't opt for weights because my legs and upper body still felt tired. That was a nice workout combo, then DS did Daily Dose of Bliss with me.

I was hoping for a day off because of the snow, but I have to settle for a 2 hour delay. That's OK, at least it cancelled a silly meeting I was supposed to go to.

Traci - Thanks for getting us started. YOU have accomplished a lot this year and should be so proud of yourself. Getting certified as a personal trainer, starting a business, and being the leader of the Xers (and I'm sure other things we don't know about)! I hope the next few days bring some needed relief.

I have to go put the pork in the crock pot for the barbeque tonight.

Tracy

Good morning! Just popping on to say hi before I take the diva to school. (I typed pooping instead of popping!) Anyhoo, still don't know what kind of workout I am going to do today....yoga or cardio...we'll see when I get to working out....if it is before the hair appt, more likely cardio...if after then yoga. Don't want to mess up my new do...LOL!

Traci...Hope all is well with you guys this morning...Kisses to Sandy!

Tracy...I can't believe they didn't cancel school...here if there is a hint of snow they cancel! But at least you got out of the meeting! Hope you enjoyed Eoin with your DS last night. Sounds like you did the right thing by opting out of weights. Your body is telling you to take a day off, I guess.

I have to run for now...I will bbl to catch up with yesterday's posts...

Happy day to all who follow!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Good morning ladies....

Tracy: You have converted DS to yoga? What a wonderful gift to pass on!!! Glad you had extra time this morning- I cant iagine actually driving a 3000 pound vehicle in snow... BE SAFE! - Oh dear I smiled at your "Leader of the Xers" - I so am not my dear... its a collective leadership I'd say... Thats what friends do... each taking their turn to lead/guide/coach/scold! ;-) Xers dont exist in any form of value without the individuals.... We just have great synergy! :7

Debra: As always such a busy bee! So tell me what Xmas eve & Xmas look like for you & DD this year.. OK- I wanna know about CB too!;-)
Where is his family by the way? is he close with them?

Sandy Update: She is no longer throwing up her anti-vomit pills & antibiotics... thats good so at least we have a fighting chance now.... the big "hold your breathe" comes in 4 days when her meds are over.... we wait to see if problem is really solved or just being masked temporarily.... gonna be a long 10 days or so but we are ready for whatever.... Wendell being super wonderful.

Workout Update: Much to my surprise I stayed on track & got SH&Arms completed yesterday before my hair day.... Today is Yoga X but not sure.... Will be something that gets my heart rate up a bit but not too taxing on my mind ..... I think its Phase 1 / Day 11 ??? Where am I??? :+ Do I sound like Wendy or what???? - I'm kinda worried about her- no blog info since she left.... Carol- can you call Phil & make sure she's OK????? I dont think I have her #.

New hair on my trail..... dont look at style- OF COURSE I changed that as soon as I got home... Dont look at my face as I have been crying and no sleep for days.... Just look at the dam* color ok??? ROF! Its dark ladies- I love it but its a shock.... I scared myself silly at 3am walking past bathroom mirror!!! Almost pulled a "Sandra Story" right there on the floor! :eek:

Back with personals from yesterday in a bit.... cant do long bouts at puter but please know how ery much each of your thoughts meant/means.... I told Wendell I was the most blessed woman on this earth. XXOO

Happy Thursday Xers!!

Sorry to be MIA yesterday, I did to my scheduled workout, though (ARX and Shoulders & Arms) :D I also was babysitting for my friend who's in the process of switching jobs and needed some help in the transition. I was busy refereeing the kiddos, lol. We did finally get some snow, though :D :D :D It's enough that they canceled Bible study this morning. I'm sure the kiddos will be back out in it today. If only it would stick around 'til Xmas... By then it'll probably be 55 and rainy again, lol. Murphy's law and all. Today is Yoga X for me, and I'll be trying to like it. Actually, all the workouts that were new to me I've liked better the 2nd time around this week, so I hope that's the case today, too.

Tracy -- The taking off/landing softly in Plyo is definitely challenging in a good way :) It adds so much resistance right there. I'm glad you made it home without a wreck, too. It took DH almost an hour to drive the 5 miles from the train station to our house last night b/c there were so many wrecks. Stay safe!

Traci-X -- Giant (((((HUGS))))) to you. I hope the abx do the trick and Sandy doesn't need any invasive work-up. I'm glad you've been able to keep up with the workouts, though. I think that really helps deal with all the negative stuff. Sorry, but I REALLY don't have Wendy's # or address (the only info passed out to RT attendees is username and email addy). I have her cell # for here, but I don't think she even took her phone. You could try calling it to see if Phil answers. I'm sorry I can't help out more than that :(

Lea -- What a cool job and such a neat opportunity to help your friend get healthier, too!

Debra -- Hope you enjoy your new 'do. My vote is for yoga ;-)

Hi to everyone else. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Carol

Carol...... If you want to email me wendys cell maybe Phil will answer for her.... I just want to make sure she is safe & he's talked to her... Sad reality but if something horrid ever happened to 1 of us we'd basically just disappear..... Its kinda weird to think about isnt it... maybe in our wills we should all give instructions for DH/SO to post on Xer Check in!:7
[email protected]

Doubles/Round 1/Week 1/Day 4/
Workout: 30 min aerobic TM run + Shoulders & Arms

Good Morning Xers,:) :)

Just a quick check in, Thursday is our busiest day, we’re already looking at 4 reports that needs to go out before noon. Anyhoo, my workout was sweet :D I really:D really:D really like S&A it is a good well rounded upper body workout.

I need to focus more on me Abs lacking, big time. Tonight I WILL be pushing play once again going to do ARX. bbl.

Okay...back for personals...

***Traci**** The hair looks fabulous!!!! I mean it! What a big change...and it looks great! What does Wendell think? Glad you stayed on track yesterday with your workouts...I know how hard that it is to stay focus when all other things seem to be falling apart. Keeping my fingers crossed for Sandy's continued improvement. I am worried about Wendy too...Just in the wilds of Thailand with the Crazy Asian, probably! As far as Xmas goes...DD and I will go to my mom's for Xmas Eve dinner. Then we'll do Santa at our house in the morning...This is DD's last really good year for Santa...she is talking herself into believing...LOL. Then we go to a friend of my mom's for Xmas dinner. I have no idea what CB's plans are as of yet...I am sure he won't be spending it with his family. They live around here, but I guess there have been some issues over the years, and they are not very close. UGH. But, as of yet, not my problem to fix. I just listen and ask questions, but keep my mouth shut in any advice department! I'm sure he will see his daughter sometime around the holidays, though. I imagine he will come to my mom's for Xmas eve....but we haven't talked about that yet. Sending healing {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} to sweet Sandy. Where did you get the "Super Blue Stuff"?? My back is still aching!

***Nicole**** Hope you are feeling better this morning...It's a brand new day! Jeanette is out of town on a business trip. She should be back today.

***Carol*** What a good friend you are to watch someone else's kids! Glad you got a hint of snow...It is always nice this time of year. If you still don't like YogaX today, I give you permission to sub another yoga workout next week! I think that is a tough one to like...and there are a lot of great yogis out there to make up the difference. I do believe that the day of yoga is extremely important, though.

****Laurie*** Look at you go...running in the snow...What a true Northerner you are! God bless you cold little heart! I have no idea why car people try to cheat women...it should be outlawed. Maybe if we get a woman president we can lobby for that addition in the constitution! I cooked for CB last night...flank steak, squash, and basil tomato pasta...It was pretty yummy! Are you doing YogaX today...or subbing?

****Lea**** I am so proud of your new venture in preparing meals! Do you think this is something you would like to do more of once the boys are a bit bigger?? And a little less clingy..LOL!

****Sandra***Hope your shopping forays yesterday were successful. CB and I did a little shopping, but I didn't find what I was looking for...we may try again next Wednesday when he is off. Glad your neighbor can keep your little one so that it is less hassle for you.

***Teddygirl*** Hope you found that truck for GS...Nice that you and Ted were able to get some shopping done together. Glad you enjoyed SA...it is a great workout. Good luck with ARX tonight!

Okay...that's it for me now...I think I have time to get some cardio in before the hair appt..so I guess I need to go push play!

Hope everyone has a great day!! See you this afternoon.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Debra: Got it:) when I got off work, I didn’t feel like shopping, went home and I watched Ted play the games, I was tired then went straight too bed. I may go shopping tonight, who knows. Yep! I really enjoyed S&A don’t mind sticking with that for the next 3 weeks. I love DD pictures and I love the way she pose when taking pictures :)

Tracie: Nice hair-do;) looks very nice on you. How's Sandy doing today?

Good morning,
Round 2, Lean Rotation, Phase 1, Week 2, Day 4 Shoulders & Arms, AbX

Good to be back here. Got home last night around 6:30. It was a good meeting down in Redding. I got to meet all of the Camp Commanders (sounds like Hogan's Heroes, doesn't it?). Was able to sub a treadmill Cardio Coach workout for CardioX on Tuesday and then did a Bryan Kest VHS yesterday. Today was Shoulders & Arms (got the pump going now) and will do AbX tonite. Really brought it much better today and increased almost all of my weights/reps. Wish I could say eating was good during the trip, but I can't.

Monday, I got the good news that my promotion was signed off with an effective date of 11/30/07. Sandra, you were right and all-knowing!!! Anyway, thanks for all of the good vibes from the Xers.

Traci, ((((hugs)))) on Sandy's situation. My heart goes out to you and Wendell and I'm so hoping that she pulls thru this. Our pets are like family for sure. Hang in there. I'll be praying. Hope she shows more improvement today. Love your hair color, looks great on you. You have a beautiful smile too! Driving a vehicle on ice is one of my very least favorite things. Whiteout conditions are even worse. Be glad you don't have it where you are.

Tracy, no snow here yet. We did have a good rain on Monday evening. Nice soaking and very welcome. Nice that you are doing some yoga with your DS. He sounds like a great kid! I'm missing mine. Hope to see him this weekend. I just signed up for a Costco card so DH and I are hoping to go to Reno on Saturday. Will get there early to avoid the rush.

Debra, you are sounding chipper this morning. Love the cheerleader outfit on the new Meez too. Thanks for always being so positive! Hope the new hairdo goes well. Are you doing something different to your hair?

Carol, nice of you to be able to help out with the babysitting. I really enjoyed Shoulders & Arms today too. Sounded like a terrible drive for your DH with all of the wrecks. We have snow and ice during the winters here too, but not much traffic as we are pretty remote. Darn, I was hoping that you'd heard from Wendy. Sure hoping she is okay.

Latrese, isn't S&A good? I really enjoyed it this morning too. Will bring it good for AbX tonite. Sounds like you have a busy day at work.

Sandra, I will send out the Bryan Kest VHS today after work. It's the Sweat one.

Got to go now, will check back tonite!

Jeanette

Just left a voicemail on Wendys cell - told her and/or phil to call me as we were worried.... Thanks for the email Carol!:* Also sending you (carol) & DH safe driving vibes... worst part of winter I think.

Debra: I found The Blue Stuff at a high end regular grocery store... My Walmart, Kroger didnt have but my new HEB did... Its always going to be in the BenGay section. ~ WOW you guys are super busy this time of year... too cute that DD is "making herself " believe... tell her Auntie X said its WAAAY more fun when you believe!!! ~ Seems like family issues are a part of many of our worlds... I hope CB gets to spend lots of time with his child. ~ DD's pics are just too cute- I smile so big whenever I see her.... Look at that concert outfit!?!? Mama Mia!!!

TeddyGirl:
You work sooooo hard! At least you're too busy to eat chocolate!}( See earlier post about Sandy
:*

Jeanette: WELCOME HOME!!!! It is never the same when our circle isnt complete!!! Glad your Hogans Heros visit was successful! Great job on all your away workouts and for SH/A increases! You are rockin'!:7 :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ Happy Dance on raise!!! Zippity thats fab news!!! My sister (Bakersfield) That works for kern county just found out yesterday she got the job she interviewed with for a big move up.... BLESSINGS ABOUND in CALIFORNIA!!! ~ I am a firm believer that if it so much as THINKS about snowing all cities should shut down!!! LOLOLOL You be safe too!

Still not able to write about yesterday so I'll just say LOVE YOU & HUGS to all who I havent spoken with today.... Sandra, Lea, Cheryl, Amy, Swifty, Nicole & Laurie..... EXTRA hugs to our Nicole who is going thru a tough round right now.... This to shall pass.:*

Okay, another itty bitty change, don’t you guys say NOTHIN (Debra & Tracie)x( I can hear ya thinking. I was planning workouts for next week and I think for my own sanity:7 :+ I need to start chest and back on Tuesday instead of Monday, this way, I don’t have to work so hard figuring out which workouts I can put with the X through out the week. Monday allows for me too either get in a good cardio or/and legs or cardio or/and KB workout. Tuesday I can just roll with P90X flow:eek: :eek:

Jeanette: Welcome home:7 missed you:7 For the first time I can say I am looking forward to finishing P90X strong;) I’m glad you are back safe:D

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 1/Week 2/Day 3
Workout: Shoulders & Arms/ARX/30 min Run

Well I didn't get my workout in yesterday. I had one of these phone calls "Mom can you pick up", and of course as long as you are at the store - get the grocery shopping done. :D This is actually a good thing for me. I have been thinking of moving the days because I don't have a lot of time on Mondays. DD's dance class only allows for a 1 hour workout. I always got home and finished the workout up later. So now Mondays will be my Rest/Stretch X day.

Dang cold this morning, we where at about 2 deg. My fingers just warmed up so I could type. And they are saying more snow is on the way for tonight. Well at least that means that it will be a bit warmer. :7 :7

Tracy, Great combo for the workout. I have been thinking of doing the same. One Christmas present I am going to get both of my DD's is their own yoga mat. I'm hoping that when I say I'm doing yoga, that I will have company too. ;-) I know both of them have an interest. Did you get a lot of snow? Do you make your pizza dough with whole wheat?

Traci, Love the color!!! Glad the meds are working for Sandy, and that whatever is ailing her clears up in 4 days. I'm also wondering how Wendy is doing. Way to go on getting those workouts in. Our last snow storm, (which was just a couple days ago) the police in our county stopped counting the number of cars that went off the road when it hit 55. It took DH 1-1/2 hours to get to work yesterday.

Debra, Your dinner sounded really good. As you can see no yoga until tomorrow. I plan on doing the Trainers Edge Long & Lean workout tomorrow though. Hope that back of yours starts to feel better soon. Your DD is a beauty, and just loves the camera.

Carol, So glad you are enjoying your round of the X.

TG, I agree with you on S&A, it really makes the muscles pop when you are done. Hope you get your reports done on time.

Jeanette, Yay you are back! Missed you, and glad that your meeting was a good one. And congrats on the promotion being offical. ;-)

Lea, Way to go on the new work venture. That is a great way to start a business. I had that same idea many, many years ago. But my meals would not have been the healthy kine. :7 :7 My intent was for the single people, who didn't want a frozen dinner. Life just happened to get in the way, and now there are business out there that actually do that.

Sandra, It almost seems that you and I are on the same type of 30 min workout picks. :7 I'm going to be doing the Shape Transforming Circuit workout tomorrow. I'm guessing that you don't have that one. ;-)

Nicole, Sounds like you need a big {{{{{{HUG}}}}}} Oh yes the JH building is very scarry. You can actually see it sway when you are staning under it. I won't go up because I'm afraid of heights.

Have a great day!

Laurie

PS, well it is a good thing I did a copy of my post, because it never showed up when I hit the button. Wonder what is going on with Cathe.com this morning.

Classic/ Week 3/ Day 4/ YogaX (+Pump & Jump class at Y tonight)

WTH??? I opened the thread and did a double take. Somebody's chatty today! :) I have a headache and feel like a deflated balloon. It's either hormonal crash (TTOM arrived yesterday), lack of proper sleep, the onset of a cold (DH has one), or a deadly combination of all three.

DAY ONE of "Sandy Watch." How's she doing, Traci?....Ahhh, I've just read down. Good! A step in the right direction!!

Tracy....Mmmm bbq pork! I'll bet you're not eating it, though. What will you have? That's a very nice kickbox combo you did. What are you going to do with those 120 minutes of free time??

Traci....How'd the hair appointment go?? Are there pictures?....Again, I see you've anticipated my nosiness. I shall check out your pics in a bit. What? Not going to do YogaX?? Didn't you blow it off last week, too? If I can do PlyoX at least once this round, you can do YogaX! :) I'm sure Wendy has just gotten swept up in the Thai world, and all of her Western life priorities have become less significant. It's probably a big pain for her to find a place for internet hook up.

Debra....If you do yoga, I'm guessing it will be Eion. Does CB know of your video affair? The shopping went really well yesterday. I've gotten the majority of it all done!! I'm hoping one more trip to a store next week, one or two online orders, and I'll be done.

Carol....Don't make me the only one to do YogaX today. Come on, give it a go!

Teddygirl....Hello! I hope you're enjoying your first week of the X!....Oh, I see there's been a blip. Okay, I hope you enjoy your first full week, next week LOL!

Jeannette....Nice to see you!! And CONGRATULATIONS on the promotion!!! Don't thank me, thank my Starbucks Barrista. Your Christi tape is still sitting here, naked. I need to package it up and get it mailed, but it might not happen for a few more days.

Laurie....LOL, no I don't have that workout. How'd ya guess? Are you going to stick with P90X workouts for the recovery week, or change things up a little? I've got my RW planned, and the only P90X workout I will do is Coresyn, on Friday. Let's see, it goes something like this:
Mon: LowMax
Tues: DrillMax
Weds: Low Impact Step; Shiva Rea's Creative Core Abs
Thurs: Shiva Rea's Fluid Power: Hip Opening Flow
Fri: CoreSyn
Sat: Circuit Max
Sun: XStretch or StretchMax 1-3.

Nicole....Hello. I hope you're having a better day. Take care.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can buy my brother and his GF? I'd like to mail them a gift certificate to somewhere, worth between $50-100. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Sandra

Sandra: Oh my, hope you are not coming down with anything serious, :-(maybe a good days rest or two, is in order, huh! Yep! I’m enjoying P90X tweaking a bit, so it can work for me. Just think, after Stretch X and Kenpo X I completed a full week, lol Take Care! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.