Xers.... Thank God it's.....Thursday........

blkblt

Cathlete
Greetings from Luxembourg,
Today is Phase 2, Week 2 Day 6: Kenpo
I am just getting us started. Running to my friend's house for a scrapbooking session. Will be back later to w/o (might visit with Cathe and sub for Low Max, we'll see) and do some personals. BBL :+

Hi all,

Today is my rest day because I have class tonight. Nothing exciting going on here except work and cold weather.

Christiane - LM is a nice sub. It's good to do after a leg day. APX is All Pump Extreme by Amy Bento. She's probably the only other instructor I have found that I really like. She does different twists on the same old weight work. It's a nice change and hits the muscles just a little differently. That leg work really seemed to work the glutes.

Traci - We just missed a convoy moving a silo one time. They had to pick up the wires everytime it got to a traffic light. I can figure out why they do that when there know there is a lot of traffic. What's wrong with early on a Sunday? Sounds like you still have Wendell going strong. Good for you. I couldn't do total body endurance for too long; even with the variety. You're right, I probably need to put my KB in later in the week. I like to do it after heavy legs though because it's my floor work:)

TG - I see you dumped the X. It will be interesting to see what upper results I get with this go around. I've pretty much scaped the lower work. I figure I'm going to workout anyway and I've been on overkill on Cathe's stuff.

Jeanette - How was the garage boys session last night?

Laurie - I guess you are almost one month ahead of me. I don't think I'll be doing the X a third time. Two will be the charm, but I may try the x+ workout for the summer. I'll have to see how things go.

Debra - I hope the attorney gets everything straight. I have 2 2" sleeping pads that I can bring. They are actually very comfortable and I have no problem sleeping on the floor. Heck, I just went back to sleeping in the bed a month ago. I tend to toss and turn all night and I really think DH was happier than he thought when I was sleeping on the floor.

Swifty - I probably will do the ACE cert., but I'm going to buy some of the study materials. I just don't want to wing it and a test is a test; somehow you have to learn the material.

Sandra - It is amazing what just the right light can do isn't it? I think you should be able to hang from the bar, at least on the off upper days. I am doing about 10 or so reps for each hanging exercise to try to build up my hang time. My form was better this last time. I don't think those will be easy for people who haven't regularly been doing pull/chin ups. Yes, that Tracy is in excellent shape. I'm surprised you didn't comment on the weights sales pitch. It didn't bother you? I think total plus is harder than it looks. Kind of like CS on speed.

Nicole - Hi as you fly by.

Later, have a great day.

Tracy

Good Morning Christiane & Tracy!! TGIT is so right! I feel like I've re-lived this week over & over... recall the movie Groundhog Day w/ Bill Murray? :7 Its not a bad week just seems to be on that "loop".
I think its the horrid dreary weather.... heading to tan again for 10 minutes today to de-funk;-) We are SUPPOSE to have 70's & sun this weekend but I am doubting that today.... We shall see.

New client starts this morning its a Fit Test hour but she says she has bad knees, hips & back so it may end up being more of a Flexibility Fit Test vs a strength...playing it by ear - I have both ready to go.... When I saw her walk the other day I definitely thought "zero flexibility"... Very interesting how the body moves so differently in a person who moves all the time vs an inactive person. She is 51- hasnt exercised in 15 years (had a personal trainer) and is about 20-25#s in excess...none of which helps her other conditions. We shall see what type of bond we can form & how far she is willing to go.... I do know that a big part of her process is learning to trust me & believe that I wont hurt her - that just takes a few weeks.

Rambling arent I? Sorry......

Christiane:: Had to laugh as the time stamp for me on your post says 1:54am... yet Off you go to scrapbook!:7 Talk about a good friend! Hope she has LOTS of coffee too!!!:7

TRACY:: You somehow make me laugh in your early morning posts...:+ Why does "build up hangtime" tickle me?:+ Maybe it makes you sound like a surfer-dude!:7 ~~ On the Select-Tech pitch... I knew those would be in there as all the pre-hype had Bowflex & the DB's as part of the same hype... Soon enough you'll be able to turn off the chatter part;-) ~~~ ITA that you should get all the study materials available with whatever your first certification is going to be. It is material that you will (at least I do) reference over & over long after you are certified. Its not that much more to do it right. ~~~ No XXX for me...heck I tried XX twice!:eek: Its just not enough variety for me.... I think you could plan a good rotation (not the one in book) based on the X+... I think you could give yourself the variety without losing the benefits... also- If ya think about STS and assume it will work as well if not better than X theres variety in every workout each week.... That will be interesting to look at more indepth. It sounds similar to how I train my clients. ~~ ROF about KB being part of your "floor" work! Thanks for the chuckles today:7 Happy Class Day!

OK gang- not sure if I'll get back for all personals from yesterday but shall try- depends if DH made Half-caf coffee or full speed}(

It must have been Full Speed in the coffee pot today}( }(

Good Morning Again X team!!
Lets see what wacky things occurred across the world yesterday….

JEANETTE X :::
Your spin sounds like a great session last night!!! I agree that a garage is a fine place to spend a cold weekend morn vs. open road! ~~ ROF- yep as soon as I get caught in traffic my bladder freaks out! Its all in my head but it actually feels quite real! ~~! Good job on extra concentration on legs in your w/o yesterday! ~ Thank you for your kind words- I am not one to take a compliment but I must say that I do know I am very good at this & I have found my calling… I do appreciate your words.

TEDDYGIRL:::
Hope your workout ROCKED today!!!

LAURIE XX:::
HAPPY RECOVERY WEEK!!!!! WooHoo!!!! ~~~~~You must live in a smarter city than I, as the thought of announcing these jams PRIOR to you getting in them is a rarity! LOL ~~~ I liked X+ Upper a lot but then again I like the entire “feel” of X+… Good investment don't ya think???

SANDRA X:: AKA: Cathe Cat! :
What can I say except that you had me laughing really loud! That’s why I don't preview! I just don't need to see all that stuff! LOLOLOL VERY IRRITATED tho if Tony made a nasty comment about the English… I say theres no place for such things – I’m sure my English BFF wouldn’t find it amusing at all. Tonys first on screen blunder (well one that matters at any rate) I think Ab/Core is the same on all DVDs but its not the same as Full Body at all. It’s a GREAT replacement for ARX but 5 minutes longer;-) I can say I LOVE Upper plus but then again I don't have a pull up bar yet! HA! ~ You made me a believer in Phase 3 eating plan… I’m ready to follow the plan but using the planner not the recipes… I’m starting today if all goes well. ~~ GREAT NEWS on your choreography victory! That didn’t take long at all!!!

SWIFT AMY XX:::
Thanks for recipe!!! Always can use a good one to make turkey burgers taste better. ~ Hmmmm in a traffic jam I spend first 5 minutes yelling & cussing then I pop in a meditation DVD to calm my silly self down! LOL ~~ Hubbys name is Wendell Wayne – for some reason I call him BOTH! (in the same breathe!) I think Willow is just fabulous!!! I’d name my kids unique & beautifully descriptive names too.

LEA X::
Hope you got Eoin time & that it felt good! Be safe!!!

DEBRA X::::
Lol on the bald guy… enough said! I just keep my eyes on Tracy!~~ GOOD GIRL on the leg blast yesterday!!! Bye Bye OK legs – HELLO Hollywood! ~~ Glad the atty’s visit is at least over & you can start to get a game plan. Hang tough!!!

WENDY X:::
You're in my thoughts.... miss you terribly!

NICOLE X :::
Ok- This is getting out of hand! Tell that family of yours that you need at least 2 hours a day to chat w/ your X Pals! The demands of motherhood & wifehood shall have to wait! ;-) … Oh goodie!!! I see we’ll have scoop soon! Have a great lunch & ask lots of questions!!!

KIM:::
Hope your day is going great!!!

CAROL:::

Where oh where are you???? PLEASE pop in to let us know you are OK....

OK - Gotta jam & get busy!!
:*

Howdy Xers!!

I'm here, I'm here!! lol. Sorry to be MIA, just personal stuff going on and I didn't feel like spewing all over the 'net ;-) I'm back now, though :) I have to get going out the door, so I'll have to come back later this afternoon to catch up, but I wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive and kickin'. I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Well HECK! If I had known that all I had to do was ask "Wheres Carol - Please Check In" & *snap* its here...... Lets just say:

Where's the 100,000 dollars? Please appear today!

*shall wait patiently now*

Classic/ Week 10/ Day 4/ YogaX (yeah right!!)

I'm off to attempt Amy's Step Challenge II in its entirety. Wish me luck.

Christiane....Good morning, and happy scrapbooking!

Tracy....The sales pitch didn't bother me, because I didn't see much of it. I watched the first few reps of every exercise then skipped to the next one. I heard him talk about them once; he goes on ad nauseum, does he? I noticed many shots that cut away to the bottles with the recovery drinks in them. I'm glad Cathe's classier than that, and hopes she stays that way, despite the new fitness equipment/clothing line she's got coming.

Traci....Full Strength caffeine!! Good stuff! You're starting the eating plan? My, I'm impressed! I don't know if I'll lose much weight this week, as I'm not nearly as starving this week as last. But TTOM arrived unexpectedly today (4 days early), so at least I'll have that on my side. There really isn't much meat on the Phase 3 menu. I eat fish 3x/wk, chicken 2x/wk, beef 1x/wk, and pork 1x/wk. Lunch and breakfast are all vegetarian proteins, and there's some (not tons) dairy. I consider it quite reasonable.

Carol....Good to see you! I hope your life is settling down again.

I'm off to trip over my feet a few times. BBL for more chat.
Cheers,
CatheCat (aka SandraX)

Good morning. It is still raining out here. It has been raining all week. I am so ready for summer. Where is summer??? Finished Magically Hips today and it felt good, but I was very very careful. Thanks for the tips Tracy. Tomorrow I will do 1/2 hour walk on treadmill and some pilates(per Christiane's suggestion, it was Christianne right?).

Boy all of this talk about coffee makes me really want some. It has been almost a year since I have been off of coffee. Hmmm...

Christianne - Have fun scrapbooking. Can you help me with mine?? I haven't even started yetx( .

Tracy - Have a great rest day. And I agree to get ACE certified. You are so knowledgable.

Traci - I am sure that your new client will love you on her first day. Sorry that this week has been kind of weird for you. Victoria is working on a new green smoothie book that is set to publish in March. I am so excited.

Carol - She's alive...ALIVE.

Sandra - Good luck with Amy. You really made me not want to get P90X+. You sure had some hilarious reviews. Maybe we should all write to Tracy and demand she make her own workout video!!

That is all for now folks. Have a great day. Hi to Debra, Nicole, Swifty, TG, Jeanette and everyone else.

Lea

Slow & Heavy/Week I/Day 4
Workout: Cardio Coach #1 and S&H Chest & Back :)

Good morning Xers,:):)

Quick check in, Today is Thursday our busiest day, serveral reports that MUST get done. Any who, how is everyone this morning, me, I’m feeling good. My workout this morn, was a freaking blasts, Yowa!!! I am feeling the burn reeeaaal gooood. For chest I used 15 lbs DB and for back same, hm moving up to 20 lbers, really feeling it.

Saturday, I'm going to do BM2 doubles, that should work! I have to preview PUB haven’t done that workout in so long, I forgot, is that workout six count up and down, do tell……………

Sandra: Tony looking old in his new workouts must be the make up, isn’t he 47 now? Let us know how your workout went. Be back going to check out yesterday’s post……………… ;-)

Good morning,

Today was the w/u and first 3 combos of Lowmax, then DVD player froze on that DVD so I pulled it out and finished with HIS. I used 2 risers and got a good workout, though my heart rate never gets even near where it does while doing a Spinerval. I think the top I got today was 132 and I was really squatting and trying to get more intensity. Anyway, I feel like I got a good workout and sweated a lot. Have a little fleece top on now and it feels good.

Christiane, did you get some scrapbooking done? My DD likes to scrapbook and has invited me a few times for all day scrapbooking sessions, but I really don't care to start doing that at this time. I think the scrapbooks are really cool though. Enjoy Lowmax, I did! How is your DH's pulled neck muscle?

Tracy, enjoy your rest day today. Garage Boys went well and I feel like I'm getting stronger. Could be that I'm eating more food with WW than before so have more energy. I may do another session on Saturday morning with the GB's. Depends on the weekend weather, but looks like that may be the plan.

Traci, LOL re: Groundhog Day. I just recently in the last couple years saw that one and enjoyed it. You are probably working with your new client right now. Hope it goes well. I'm sure you will put the "fun" in it. I don't see how she can go wrong using you as a trainer. Wish you were mine :7. Christiane's posting time was 11:54 pm yesterday! Crazy, huh? Enjoy your tanning session today. Be sure you hit the bathroom before you go. Don't want to get stuck in traffic.

Carol, glad you checked in. Hope you can come back soon. We can't wait to hear of your results. Hope things get better soon.

Sandra, bet you'll get thru the new Amy Step just fine! I couldn't help but notice how poorly Cathe cues HIS as compared to Lowmax. Oh well, I made it just fine. I'm not quite as starving this week on WW as last week either, but still am enjoying more food and less bloat and blah.

Lea, love your new meez. Glad the yoga was good.

Latrese, glad your workout was so much fun for you. Hope you have a good day at work today.

Jeanette

Jeanette: Sorry to hear that, I tell you I really don’t care much for DVD's some of my workouts are starting to skip, stick and freeze x( x( “mainly in premix section” Just the other day when I did B&G leg blasts the last two exercise my player froze or DVD stuck I had to return to main menu and then go back to mix & match or where ever I was duh! Nice work

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 2/Week 4/Day 1
Workout: Core Syn (but I must confess that I wanted to do Interval+ so bad, that I went ahead and did that workout instead) }( Guess I didn't follow the recovery concept very well did I.

Awesome workout this morning! Got that heart rate pumping. To me this was easier on my knees, than PlyoX is. I promise to not do power workouts anymore this week. ;-) Think recovery! But after that workout I feel that thin feeling, do you all know what I mean!! :7 :7

Dang cold this morning!!!!! Got in my car and the temp was at -10, notice I didn't include the wind chill. And then I was wondering why my hands where practically frozen when I got back to the house this morning, after walking the dog.

Oldest DD took a fit test for phy-ed yesterday, and apparently there where only two girls that where able to last. DD and her friend that was also in Xcountry. It is so nice to see her smile when she talks about doing crunches over and over. :D :D

So who is going to answer all of Cathe Cats questions on X+. :D :D

Christiane, Sub Low Max for KenpoX, now that sounds like a great idea. I have KenpoX on tap for Saturday, and I have been wanting to get LM out. Have a great time with your scrapbooking.

Tracy, I want see how I would do with an X+ rotation also. I don't have a bar, so I would have to work on my hang time. :D I need to talk to DH tonight, and see if that engineering brain of his can come up with something that I can use down in the basement.

Traci, Hope you and your new client click. I agree with you on the smart investment of the X+. Even just having the Kenpo and Interval workouts was worth the $. I can't wait to try a rotation with the weight work. I feel like I want to scrap my last phase so I can try X+. :D Will you share the wealth if that 100K magically appears. :7

Carol, Glad to see that you are still kicking around. :D

Cathe Cat, I just love saying that! :D Had to LOL at YogaX (yeah right) LOL :7 :7 :7 Yes I do believe that our beloved Tony is starting to show his age, but at least this time we actually get to see the stomach. :D :D I want to be Tracy some day, she really has a great body. Don't want to have 6 children though! :D Yup the Aerobox workout isn't really instructed by KS, but she is in the workout. She does the warm-up, and then Michael does the rest of the workout. She does talk some throughout the workout. This one is boxing related, and he does some really quick combos. I still have a hard time keeping up with them.

Lea, Your workout sounds great! I have to say that I am curious to see what your meez will be doing on any given day. I really liked the one that was swinging from the vine. :D This one looks like she is having a great time, but I hope she doesn't fall off that bull! :7

TG, It sure does appear that you are back in the groove with your SH workouts. :D To tell you the truth it has been such a long time since PUB that I don't remember what count she does. :D

Jeanette, Sorry to hear that LM froze up on you. Just hope it needs a little cleaning. ;-) As you can see I feel like flubbing off the last phase of P90X, but I have been having a good time working with Tony. Will see how I feel after the recovery week. :D :D

Debra, Hope that you can sort out all the legal information. Feel for ya girl! I'm going to be at the retreat, and will be heading into Greensboro.

Swifty, Keep up the great work with your ACE cert. You will do great, I'm sure. ;-) Thanks for the recipe, looks good.

Nicole, Sorry to hear that the B'day boy is sick. What a way to turn the big 3. :D Yes you need to give the dish on that friend of yours. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Just received a call from DH. One of our faire members just passed away. He had a heart attack on Monday. He was a wonderful person, and I just loved talking to him. ;( My DH always referred to him as our resident curmudgeon, and that is what made him so likable to me. Told you the truth if you liked it or not. I know my DH will miss his advice.

Back for more!!

When I said I was off to trip over my feet, I didn't mean it literally, but that's what happened. Ouch! My right ankle twisted under me and I hit the floor. The exercise mats cushioned the fall, so it's just my ankle that's feeling a little funny. Not painful, just over-stretched. I was able to stand up and shake it off quickly enough, and finish the workout, but only time will tell if it swells or stiffens. I took some ibuprofen. I'll be fiiiiiiiiine! x(

Anyhow, the workout was a lot of fun. I've got combos 1-3 nailed down. Combos 4 & 5 were still quite rough, but I did suprisingly better than I thought I would. More practice is required. I didn't do the "power up" she tacked on at the end, because I'd run out of time, what with having to pause and rewind 4 & 5 a few times. I think on Saturday I'll do Kenpo Cardio+, then pop in this dvd and go from combo 4 through to the end. That should be a nice hour-ish cardio. Provided my ankle cooperates. I'm sure it will. I'll be fiiiiiiiiiiine!

Debra....I don't think I offered you any moral support yesterday! I'm so sorry about that! It sounds like you have good reason to be worried about the garbage that XDH might pull, especially when lawyers become involved. I hope your own lawyer is a bull dog. Did you end up writing a test yesterday? How are you legs after that screaming match yesterday? If your legs are so sore that you can't type, well then, that's bad. I'm glad I could give you some chuckles yesterday. I do my best :) I'm personally not thrilled with the Mark guy in the new videos. He's rather scary looking all around. Then at the end of KenpoCardio+ he says to Tony, "What, no hug?" and Tony replies, "Later". WTH does that mean?!?! LMAO. Keep in mind that Tony mentions twice that he's wearing a shirt given to him by Mark. Forget about Dreya! We've got Mark now! Then there's Tracy standing there, and Tony points out that she had 4 children come from that core, and the camera zooooooms in on her abs and pelvis. Good lord, get away from the woman's privates! We don't need to imagine that! (not a stretch mark in sight, btw. I'll bet her babies were 4 lbs each).

Nicole....The sick DD was the one who had his birthday, was he not? What a terrible way to end your birthday! A 51 year old man and a 32 year old woman; maybe their libidos will match up :)

Tracy....You got the impression that Tony might be injured too, huh? Notice how he barely joins in on anything, but spends most of his time coaching? I wonder what's up? Maybe your approach to the core work is what I'll try: attempt 8-10 reps of each, then move on. There's no doubt that doing that hanging core work will improve my ability to do pull/chins, and vice versa. I haven't previewed TB+ yet, but the thought of CS on speed sounds dreadful :p

Jeanette....I drank a cup of water and the line disappeared. Success is fleeting LOL! So you all finally did the No Slackers, hey? I'll bet that 47 minutes felt as tough as 90. That's probably a workout that made a difference. Good work! Of course we have hardwood floors throughout the house. I love it. We have an expensive red birch on the main floor that we paid a fraction of the price to purchase and have installed. If we ever sell the house, the floors will be a big feature. Yup, Wendy went to Thailand last Friday. I don't remember when she'll be returning. Cathe's cuing in HIS doesn't bother me. I think that given the speed she throws some of the footwork at you, she doesn't have time to spit out the words beforehand. But if you think she's lack in HIS, get ready for Amy in SCII! I don't recall her ever saying the words "left" or "right", and she only occasionally says, "front" and "back." She never counts out the tempo for you, the way Cathe does, so when you're trying to figure out the sequence, remember to do an 8-count in your head. I wonder what happens that makes us less hungry? I hope our metabolisms aren't slowing down? On 1600-1800 calories/day, I can't imagine my body's going into starvation mode.

Traci....Did you get some tanning in yesterday, too? It's the "January Blahs". Good luck with your new client today. Again, don't let her talk to Wendell :) How's he doing, btw? Still turning up for his sessions with the sexy PT? If you want more of my "observations" on the new workouts, check out my post to Debra above. I don't think Tony's comments were meant to be nasty, and I'm not even 100% sure that the expression means what I think it means. I have a feeling it's a slang term that been used so much that no one's even stopped to question the meaning. But still....someone should have caught it. One day Cathe mentioned "wife beater shirts" in an AC post, and I almost fell off my chair. That's a boxing term, for sure, but the professionals really need to be more conscious of what they say. I'll try to preview TB+ today and see if the ab work looks sub-able for ARX tomorrow. What leg workout should I do tomorrow? I did 4DS Lower Body on Tuesday. I'm thinking I should do that one again, with the pull/chins inserted. Or something else? I've got time for something a bit longer. Why are you asking for only $100,000? I WANT $1,000,000Cdn!!!! *waiting more patiently than Traci, 'cause it takes longer for things to get to Canada.*

Lea....Oh, I turned you off of P90X+? Drat! I didn't mean to do that! The real test of these workouts is in whether they actually work. I don't think they intended to put them in for Oscar contention :) And yes, Tracy Morrow came across personably enough for me to want to see more of her. Can't say as I ever wanted to see Dreya come out with her own videos. Your workouts are sounding very sensible. You'll be back into P90X before you know it.

Teddygirl....Are the reports done? Busy busy! PUB is 2 count, and single-count. No slow counts. I suppose you could adjust it and do it that way if you wanted to? Oh, you could do the pryamid up as Cathe does it, then on the down pyramid, stick to 8 reps, 6 count. So for biceps, for example:

10lbs X 12 reps, Cathe's pace (2/2 count)
12lbs x 10 reps, Cathe's pace (2/2 count)
15lbs x 8 reps, 2 up, 6 down (opposite of SH biceps)
15lbs x 8 reps, 2 up, 6 down
15lbs x 8 reps, 2 up, 6 down

Something like that, anyway.

Tony's got to be at least 50 in these workouts. He ranged between 45-47 in P90X, and that was made a few years ago now.

Laurie....Ooooh, I'm glad to hear such a positive review about Interval+. Isn't that thin feeling also called "dehydration"? That's what I always figure, anyway. -10F is -24C. That's cold enough, for sure! We're at -11C right now. Want to come to the balmy north? :) I'm still waiting for some answers LOL! Don't make me have to go to Beachbody dot com....If you like, I can finish up my Round 2, wait a couple of weeks for you to finish Round 3, then we can start Phase 1 of the new Classic+ rotation together? While I'm waiting for you, I'd enjoy doing a few weeks of Cathe's 4DS, GS and SH work, with my new Amy cardios. Then I'd be ready to get back to Tony, I think. That Aerobox workouts sounds really intriguing. You have me tempted to track it down. Oh my, I'm sorry about the death of your faire member!!!! How very sad for his family, and friends.

I need to make up my menus and grocery list for next week. I'm still undecided about whether I should repeat the P90X meal plan for a 3rd week, or follow the block plan. The meals in the plan are so easy and quick to prepare; I love that. And they taste good. But I don't want us to get burnt out on the same old thing every week. Maybe I'll just sub a few dinners to shake things up a bit. Oh, and in case you're worried about my ankle, don't be. I'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiine. :)

Have a great day!
Cathe Cat/ Sandra

I'm getting ready to do Kenpo but I wanted to say hi!!

I am not going anywhere today so I'll be able to post personals once DS #3 goes down for a nap:)

Starting tomorrow it will be a busy weekend as DS #1 has a basketball tournament:p He plays until the afternoon tomorrow then I have my much anticipated lunch date before returning home.

Tomorrow night my SIL is flying in from Sacramento so we are going to dinner to catch up. Saturday DS has 2 games ranging from 9 in the morning and the next at 3 in the afternoon. They are too far away to come home in between so I'll have to stay in townx( If they win their games Sunday brings two morex( It may be mean but I hope they lose;)

Boy, now that I type it all out, I better get personals in today or you will all forget who I am;)

See you in a bit!

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Sandra: Thank you, Nope, were not finished, we have three more reports to do. That is good news, look like PUB is going to work as a sub. I just didn’t want to add another workout with 6 counts, two counts I can tolerate.

Back to try to catch up with personals before I leave again:

TG - Sounds like a great workout today. And congrats on the weights! You must be really proud of all your accomplishments.

Jeanette - Sorry to hear about the dvd. I hate when that happens. That's when things start getting thrown at the tv and hopefully the kids are out of ear range so they don't hear mama trucker. But I am glad that you had a good workout anyway. And so I read that you are doing WW? That is great. Are you liking it? I am glad that you are getting a lot more energy, but to be honest, how much more energy do you need you are constantly on the go!!

Laurie - So sorry to hear about your friend. That is really sad news. And wow, the weather. Ouch. I also forgot to say sorry about the Packers. We are Giants fans in this household(don't shoot), but it is ALWAYS hard to root agains Mr.Farve. I am glad that were able to make it through Interval +.

Sandra - OUCH on the ankle. I am glad that you are all right. I hope that there is no swelling in your future. You really didn't turn me off of P90X+. It is always so interesting to read your reviews. You had me cracking up. But I probably won't get it, because doesn't a lot of the dvd's use chin up bars, which I don't have? On the Tracy comment on having 4 kids, didn't she birth 2 and adopt 2? Hmmm....And I don't think I would do a Dreya dvd either, though she is in shape, Tracy has a nicer way about her.

Nicole - Is this my future when the boys get older? I feel for you. Where is Nicole time? It is not fair. You didn't sound mean in the least. I hope you had a great workout with Kenpo. That should get some agression out.

Ok, off I go. Hi to Debra, Swifty, Wendy!!!! Talk to you soon.

Lea

Hey guys... Client session went really well.... Its a good fit:7
Got my workout completed... 4DS Bootcamp focusing on legs & core - yeah- I feel every bit of all the leg work these days;-) Today was a "lite" day as tomorrow is a heavy one.....
I'll try to sneak back later to chat - I'm HUNGRY! With following Phase 3 eating I already identified one of my bad habits of YEARS ago that has re-appeared... I eat way to few calories in early part of the day. About 120 calories in meals 1 & 2 x( No wonder I carbo crave late in day.... gotta plan better.
Hugs to all:7

Traci - I am so glad that your new client loved you. Of course she would. Now what do you consider "lite" when doing leg work? 35-45 pound dumbells? And what plan are you following that you are doing Phase 3 eating? And what are you eating drinking that you only get 120 calories in meals? Gotta take care of yourself. I am glad that you are identifying what is going on. I hope you ate a lot and really really good. Time for me to go make a huge salad!!

Lea

I just finished previewing TB+ and IntervalX+ . I don't have much to comment on, just a few thoughts came to mind.

1. Tony looked better in IX+ than he did in KC+. That's reassuring.

2. IX+ looks like it could be fun. I really like the way they went through all the moves, then did them all again, backwards. Nice! I had to come back and edit this statement. For those who haven't seen the workout, they don't actually do the moves backwards LOL!! They doe them in reverse order! I hope that makes more sense.

3. TB+ doesn't look as far out of my reach as UB+ did. I think I might actually like that one.

4. The answer to my question about TB+ having ab/core work that I could use to substitute for ARX is "No." The core work is integrated in all those compound moves.

5. Someone asked about the music. Yes, it was specially written for these workouts, and no, so far it hasn't jumped out at me as being anything noteworthy (pun intended). Maybe I'll feel differently when I'm in my basement with the sound pumped up, not in my office, with children's tv shows playing in the background.

6. At the very end of TB+ I believe I heard Tony quip to Mark not to grab his hand. Trouble in Paradise already?

Nicole....You've just given me plenty of reason to be glad my family is not into team sports. For your sake, I'm rooting for the other side, too :)

Teddygirl....Ahhhh, I see. If you *don't* want slow-count work, then yes, PUB is the way to go.

Lea....So far no swelling. Just mild annoyance. The new workouts use the pull up bars extensively, for all sorts of things. There's a sequence in UB+ where you monkey your way through all 7 hand positions. Seeing as I only have a bar straight across my doorway, I'll have to just do the best I can. Probably switch grip pull ups, or something. They also make extensive use of the push up handle bars, turning them all sorts of ways for different hand positions. I might actually use my Walmart-version push up handle bars for these workouts. Tracy apparently has 6 children, 4 of which came from her tiny frame. I didn't know where the other 2 came from, but apparently you say they're adopted.

Traci....I'm glad you and your client are a good fit. Would you ever turn anyone away because you didn't feel a connection, even though she was ready to pony up the money and get started? Errrr, how is it possible to only get 120 calories in 2 meals??? Are you living on sugar-free jello??

Cheers,
Cathe Cat

Hey all!

I'm back :D For those of you who don't know, I'm a recovering co-dependent (it's a personality disorder stemming from a "less than nuturing" childhood that results in all sorts of issues like depression, anxiety and low self-esteem). Most of the time, I'm fine, but every once in awhile, I feel really overwhelmed by life. That's pretty much what happened this past week. No real reason, either. Things have been pretty normal. DH and I had some issues, but nothing out of the ordinary. Just crud. But, I'm feeling more like myself again now! My recovery week turned more into a rest week, but as hard as I worked in Phase 2, I don't feel too guilty. I am hopping back on the workout bandwagon again, though, with Core Syn today. Tomorrow I'm planning a fun cardio (maybe CF, that's a favorite) and yoga on Saturday. I'll rest again Sunday just to get myself back on track and start Phase 3 on Monday :) My eating has been crummy, too. I've been eating (mostly -- 90%) clean, but WAY WAY WAY too many carbs. Comfort foods and all. Not nearly enough protein. That is getting back on track, too. I need to plug my numbers for a week or 2 to make sure I'm back on track. So that's the deal with me.

Traci-X -- You should buy a lottery ticket!! lol. I haven't even been online in days, either, but I hopped on this morning at my normal time and wanted to check in.

Sandra -- I'm glad you survived Amy today. I haven't done ASC2, but ASC was enough to make me run screaming from the room, lol. I just don't do complex step. My feet won't let me ;-) I hope your ankle feels better tomorrow. I've had those types of falls myself (and glad I workout at home so no one sees me! lol)

Lea -- Did I miss something? Are you on the IL? My hip is still not 100%, and it's been weeks. It got mostly better in a week, but it's been stalled out ever since, even with lots of rest. It's not very sore but stiff, especially when I do forward bends.

Jeanette -- I hear ya. Even doing HIS with 2 risers, my HR only barely makes it into my cardio zone. I like the workout and the coreography is fun, it's just not that much "high intensity" to me.

Laurie -- How do you like Interval+? Is it like Imax? Like Plyo on speed? I haven't read much about that one and inquiring minds want to know ;-)

Hi to everyone else!! I hope you're all having a great day!

Carol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.