Xers.....Super Bowl Sunday.......

blkblt

Cathlete
Greetings from Luxembourg,

Well I never came back yesterday for personals. We had a phone call from DD and without getting into details....well she needs her mom now, so I'll be flying Thursday or Friday and will spend next week with her. We were going to be there anyway for her show on the 16th. You know my grandma used to tell me "small children, small problems, big children, big problems" and it's true. The issues are always more serious. I am so glad I have this close relashionship with her that she trust me when she has issues and values my presence. It's not easy to see your children going through serious issues, but that's how ones grows and matures.
Yesterday we did (DH and I together) YogaX and had a good w/o. We went out for diner and I don't know if it was the wine or the food, but neither of us could sleep well. I think we are no longer used to drink wine and a bottle is just too much now for us. Anyway DH is taking a nap now and I might just do that a little later. We plan on watching Super Bowl tonight and this will take us quite late into the night.
Also, ladies a big thank you for all your encouragements and good wishes to keep me focused. It seems that's where a lot of folks who waiver at this stage, but I am determined to finish this program strong, not just finish it to be rid of it. I'll try to be really focused on logging my meals, calories and ratios of fat/carbs/proteins and analyse what I can do to improve.
Today is Day 2, Week 4, Phase 2, so Core Syn. and will do as planned.
I also plan to do the recivery week as planned with no subs.

On to some personals:

Debra~~ Please pass on my cudos to DD for their anniversary. Although she did not get on TV it's great that she was part of that experience. To you my friend, congratulations on your presentation.;) Way to go...but I knew you'd be blasting this one.:+ DS is finishing up at Oakland University in Rochester, MI. He transfered 1 year ago from Miami of OH. He is majoring in Business and Admin. with a major in Sales and Marketing. He plans on trying to find a job in Chicago after graduating. His dear GF is there and it's a great place to find a job. So much better than the market in MI, which is one of the worst in the country. As for yesterday's post, it seems like you got some food poisoning here. Take care of yourself, it will pass but you feel like s..... while it takes it's course.;(

Lea~~ So girl.... you did Eion.....! Ya, we all understand...:p Well yesterday when I read your ? about DD my answer was that she was doing fine, but as you read up there, no she is not. So mom will be with her next weekend.

Sandra~~ I hope you caught-up with your to-do-list. You should see DH lists....unbelievable... I think he's got like 3 different ring books, one personal, one for exercises, a few for work...But one thing I can say is that he's productive!:p I am glad to hear the feedback about Kenpo Cardio and Abs/Core. DH just came back with the new serie from the US, so I'm sure we'll be previewing then this weekend.

Nicole~~ Great job on shopping, laundry and KenpoX+.

Jeanette~~ Doesn't it bugs you when you have all these plans and realize it's already noon and feel you haven't done much? Happens to me too often.

Kim~~ Oh so sorry about DS. When they are little they cath stuff from eachother, so it's jsut a vicious circle. Hope they get better.

TraciX~~ WOW! it seems like training with your clients is going super well. I hope they stay motivated. I was reading this morning in Women's Health mag. that trying to motivate unmotivated customers is one of the things trainers hate to go through. But it seems they know what they want and willing to do the work to get there. Also thank you for the encouragement. I shall post even as you say if I don't have time for personals.

Latrese, Laurie, Traci, Wendy, Carol (hope I didn't forget anyone) .....HUGS....

I'll catch on later to see what's going on.

Hi all,

I just lost my entire post! I am so mad. Just know that I was thinking of everyone.

I did CST yesterday and felt really strong. Then Shiva live to open the hips. It's really good for that.

I'll be back later and try again.

Tracy

Good morning ladies. Happy Sunday. Today I am soooo sore from Eion(don't you hate when that happens) that I am definately not doing a workout today. And it is the SuperBowl which my DH's team is in(and they are not the favorites, so it is nail biting time), so junk food will be in place.

Christiane - I am so sorry to hear that your DD is going through some problems right now. Thank goodness that she has you to lean on. I hope that everything works out. What a good mom you are. I think it is amazing that you and DH can do yoga together. It's not easy.

Tracy - OOOh I hate that when you lose postsx(. How very frustrating.

I must be off to make chocolate and strawberry milk for the kids and coffee for the DH and possibly me. Talk to you all soon.

Lea

Goooood Morning X-ers!

CHRISTIANE {{{{{{big old bear hug}}}}} I am so sorry you are in midst of a crisis w/ DD! The saying about problem size certainly seems true doesnt it. I am so glad you & DD have each other as well... Be safe in your travels & secure in the thought that all will be well again soon. ~ Congrats on getting YogaX done yet again! That deserves some sort of Y after your name as well as X!;-) ~~ Cant wait to hear your thoughts on X+ DVDs.... Its all I can do to stick w/ lower today & not do Kenpo+ again.

Well ttom surprised me this morning on day 26...It seems no matter how mych my hormones are increased to prevent this day 26 is my magic #!- Whats the real harm? ~ Explains why my body is so tired and dreams so vivid past 3 days... Wendell closed the doors to bedroom when he went to let the boys out to potty and I woke up THREE hours later @ 7:45! Holy Moly that was cool!...Fighting cobwebs now & sun up fully & I feel like the day is gone but at least I got great rest! ~

I am opting for Glute Camp vs B&G today based on the body fatigue & muscle soreness. Glute Camp is still challenging but easier on my joints so I'll go there later today.... Superbowl start @ 3:30 I think here so I'll be pulling for LeaX & Tommys team....GO NY!!!! Making Wendell Hooter Hot Wings
:eek: * Deer Sausages - I'm eating Salsa Chicken wraps....

Back to catch up from yesterday in a few....

Quickie shout out to DEBRA:::: How ya feeling?????????:* (from behind a mask- just in case it wasnt food poisoning) :* - I heard Dr Phil say once that you should NEVER marry someone until you've seen them hugging the toilet & you've held their hair back for them.... I remember thinking how very very true that was..... I never felt such love for someone as the night Wendell did that for me...Crazy!!!

Back in a few!

Traci - Hey there. Yay! You were able to sleep in. Good for you. I have a question for you, are you going to wear the Hooters outfit along with making the hot wings;-)? Thanks for rooting for the Giants. It is really hard to come by these days with the Pats and their winning streakx( . So Wendell held your hair back while you were praying to the porcelain god? How sweet is that? Sorry about ttom. I hope that you have a good day.

Lea

Tracy!!! LEA!!!! Look who snuck in!!!

Tracy: Sorry about the post- I'm thinkin of you too! Have a great day- relax & take it easy...

Lea: ROF on Hooters Outfit! Well I'll be in a sports bra & shorts - does that count? LOL its my regular attire but I figure Wendell will just think its special for him;-) I have my issues w/ teams that win after coaches pay fines for cheating...call me weird:7

Off to read yesterday.....BRB

Saturday chit-chat:::

:* SandraX
OY on the 30 second warning! What if a slow moving geriatric person is using the darn thing?:+ Good thing you are fit as a fiddle:7 Wendells walking taller this morning & being very good about the ice/heat alternating... I convinced him last night to keep a 2-3X per week "appt" w/ me & we are focusing solely on stretching & lower back conditioning for a month. He's getting afraid of how he will (is) aging and says he doesnt want me leaving him in 10 years because he's "an old man" & I'm in great shape. I thought that was sweet. Thanks for asking!!:* IS HSM as wonderful as GREASE was for our generation? I could watch that movie & belt out those songs all day! I really think its fabulous that HSM is getting kids involved with a different type of movie...I think it must also re-connect the generations...Perhaps this new generation will learn to love our oldies as well. ~ROF about the SJP Circuit repeated 4 times! NO NO NO that would NOT be the one I used to do!!! It was something along the same lines in format but I PROMISE you there was no repeating ANYTHING 4x! }( I think BB just plain old lost my order... usually my credit card gets charged immediately & it wasnt & the 1st & inly email I got "confirmation" was blank for order #! I think the sustem was on overload w/ X+ orders the day I bit the bullet;-) It all worked out tho as I think Cathes version will be good quality & perhaps more ingenious too. ~ WOW I think your 3 month timeline AFTER filming may be right but GOSH!:eek: I think that the way Cathe will put together each Meso wont be as straight forward (dull) as AFPA so I may just start in & go to Cathe Meso 1 as soon as it arrives. ~ And btw: From reading your posts for a few years now You ALREADY are very in tune w/ yourself... I think what we women must work on is actually heeding our intuitive knowing and not doing the "same old same old." :*

JEANETTEX
Happy GB Day!!!! Good girl holding out & making the boys to "wimp out 1st!":+ :+ :+ ~ Sorry about Gramma- Research "Visiting Angels" in your area...They provided me with amazing services caring for my mom in Bakersfield until she was capable of being totally on her own again. Its a franchise service but if the Bakersfield team is anything at all like the rest I WANT THEM to take care of me if I ever need it... Its a variety of services & you pick & choose what you need. Very reasonably priced.... http://www.visitingangels.com/?utm_...visiting+angel&utm_extra=phone/1-866-660-7384 Thanks so much for asking about Wendell... see post to Sandra aboove for "scoop".... Isnt it hysterical how we can recall the silly things like "splits/ho" from 40 years ago but cant recall where we put our keys! :+

Gang! Wendell ready to hang my mirrors!!! Gotta go help before the mood passes!!!!!! Shall return with remaining personals later!!!
LUV!:*

Hi there ladies! I am definitely feeling better today...Thanks for all the healing vibes. I am not 100% but I should be there by tomorrow...as long as I don't eat anything yucky today. What a horrible feeling!! Anyhoo....Have lots of CleanX to do today as I can't remember the last time I did....The floors are really gross. And the laundry is to the ceiling! I am also planning on doing LG today....although my tummy is a bit queasy right now..I may take it a bit easier and do some pilates today and then legs tomorrow. I am not sure I want my heart rate to spike today like it normally does when I am doing legs.

personals....

Jeanette...
I love having my laptop in the family room...I will have wireless from here on out!! Sorry to hear that Grandma is being such a bear. I know that is tough on your parents. I don't know if they have this contraption already, but when my dad was sick, my mom got a shower chair for him. It sits part outside and part inside the shower so that the person can sit on the seat and put their legs over the tub one by one and then sit on it to take a shower. It gives the person a lot more independence. I know it might be a little expensive, but I am sure well worth it in the end. I had 'Grease' on 8 track too!!!! My mom mentioned that perhaps I now have an allergy to shellfish, too. I hope that is not the case...since I really love it!! I seem to be okay if I only eat it as a side, but if it is all I eat for dinner, I have a tendency not to feel well the next day. I guess I just need to take it easy with it and just eat a little instead of a lot. I will be vacuuming with you today. I must clean this dirty house!!

Christiane...
So sorry that DD is having some problems. Once your baby, always your baby...I have been trying to get that across to my 6 year old lately...That I am always going to think of her as my baby. I am glad you guys are close enough she can share with you...and that you are able to rush to her side when she needs you. I am sure you will finish up strong with the X...Have fun with Core Syn today (insert evil laugh here...lol). Chicago is a great area...I am sure your son will be able to find something he wants there. Lots of opportunity and growth. We lived outside of Chicago for a total of 3 years or so (divided into to stints) and always liked it. Michigan is really suffering right now with unemployment, so I am sure Chicago will have some great things for him.

Tracy...
So sorry about the lost post...I hate it when that happens!!! any exciting plans today? Are your boys into the Superbowl?

Lea...
I am sure you will have a great time with all of your men today. I will be watching the Superbowl tonight too with CBL. There is actually a local guy on the Giants team...His family lives about 5 miles from here...so everyone around this area is really excited about it. I am sure one day of junk food won't kill you....Well, I say that...but considering my experience yesterday, I may be wrong...LOL!

Traci...
Dear soul....So glad you got to sleep late today. I hope since ttom has come for you, I will be next. My boobies have been aching for 2 days...Isn't that more info than you wanted??? Salsa chicken wraps sound yummy! CBL is smoking a pork shoulder while he is at work today and bringing it over tonight. I just have to make the sides and snacks. LOL about the Hooter's outfit....I am sure Wendell would LOVE that! Wait...do you have that outfit on right now, since Wendell is hanging those mirrors?? I am pulling for the Giants too since there is a local boy on that team...and XDH's favorite team is the Patriots. LOL about Dr. Phil and the puking....I wish I had heard that before I married XDH...He would have NEVER held my hair! I remember once early in our relationship, I had too much to drink on NYE....well, the next day, I still felt bad...puked all day long, in fact....I kept telling him that it was more than just too much to drink.....I was really sick, but he acted mad at me all day. Finally he took me to the hospital at 10 o'clock that night (keep in mind I had been throwing up for about 20 hours at this point) and the techs at the ER rushed me to the back (in front of all the other folks who were waiting) because I looked so horrible and was on the verge of passing out from dehydration....Turns out I had some sort of gastric bug. I don't think he even felt guilty for not taking me to the hospital earlier....I guess I should have known then! CBL was so great the other night...literally holding my hair back....I guess he is a keeper after all! I keep meaning to ask you, how is sweet Matthew doing??

Okay...think I am caught up for now!! Hope everyone is well today. I should bbl to catch up with everyone before the Superbowl starts.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Debra - I am glad that you are feeling better. Take it easy today. Sorry that DD was not on the news. So.....you do have to tell. Who is the local Giant guy?? Curious minds want to know.

Lea

Mirrors on hold! LOL
DH had bought the wrong hangesr so he says he'll go back to Walmart after he reads the paper.... We shall see- the story continues!!

DEBRA X::::
Maybe you don't see a lot of results from leaning phases because you are already LEAN!!!! ROF on the OLN Candies! I had them in every imanigable stule & color! The plastic top ones? ~ Your leg day today sounds a lot more challenging than mine! Good girl!!! ALL leg work actually gets my HR pretty darn high- I have no cardio fitness to speak of..constant state of HIIT ! You’d think I’d be a skinny Minnie! ROF- Uncle Woody was indeed real! Maybe he was the FIRST to ever coin the “woody” word! ROF ~ Our SB Party is just a 4-some (us & the dogs!) – WHY do they make it so late in the day on a “school nite?” I think SB should be at 11am West coast time so we could ALL party hard & still get to bed before midnight. – Take care of yourself today… Save some cleaning energy for Xer Retreat! Personally I wouldn’t do a thing between now & April!~ Hope I didn’t squeeze “the girls” too hard when I gave you your huggies earlier! ~~ WHAT a story about XDH / NYE! I swear these are the signs that we ignore for years…I really don't like to call people names but goodness he sounds like a class A Jerk! Was he heartless like that while dating & you were just taken with his good looks? TG you are almost out of that era! ~ Bless your heart for asking about Matthew! (& Wendell!)… Matthew is finally off of 72 our Dr visits and seems to be doing well. I get fewer details as my family is ticked off that I didn’t cancel all my clients & rush to be with them… I told them it would be a spring visit at the earliest & I have been snubbed ever since… After 45 years of that I still get my feelings hurt & feel guilty- the real kicker is that in 15 years of living in Houston & 6 years PRIOR to that of living in a different city from them I have had 4 visits from my family…. But at least Matthew is now growing like a normal healthy child. Drs say he will probably always have lung related issues but hopefully he will be healthy that nothing will be severe…If that child ever thinks of touching a cigarette w/ those lungs I’ll deal with him PRONTO!

Off to get productive in some way..... Have a great day ladies! I hope to be back soon.

Hi all,

PS legs, interval X, and core+ done. The best thing about the new X stuff is looking up every so often and seeing Tracy’s cut abs which prompts me to tighten mine up. I love interval X!

Debra – Glad you are feeling a little better. I guess you and CB are ready for the alter now that he’s seen you hugging the toilet! I just read the story about XDH. In my lost post I commented that XDH probably wouldn’t have been so helpful during your close encounter with the toilet. From everything else you’ve said, I had my doubts that he would be that compassionate when you were sick. I guess it’s reason number 1569 why the divorce was a great idea!

Lea – Sorry you are sore. I’m usually really sore right after, then incrementally better the next day. I guess it’s different for everyone.

Christiane – Sorry about the problems for DD. I hope it can all be fixed. Keep plugging along with the X. Just think of the Nike slogan when you are feeling less than motivated.

Traci – You are so funny! Been there done that with the hangers! It’s always something to slow progress or yet bring it to a grinding halt. At least Wendell was thinking about it. Family issues will get quite ugly on DH’s side before they get better. DH is having a hard time knowing that they are so cold hearted and his siblings. His brother who is in charge of the estate, didn’t have the balls to say anything to DH or the other brother who saved FIL’s life. Instead, he goes and tells DH’s sister, who is struggling with severe chronic depression, that this will be the year FIL will go in a home and they’re going to sell the property, which she happens to live adjacent to.

Jeanette – Happy workout with S&H, that is today isn’t it? Did it call for core work? I think FIL gives his nephew a hard time too. I guess people still have to feel like they have some control over their lives. I hope cleanx is happening for you because it is not happening here. I had a short burst for about 30 minutes then that went away. I am content to live with the dust because no one else really seems to care. We have lived with fixer uppers for years and yes they are money pits. Five or so years ago Dh spent a fortune on a new engine and transmission for an old truck and the engine never did run right because they couldn’t get the carberator to work right and finally the truck disintegrated under their eyes. Now they are going to extract the engine and put it in something else. I’m like why, it never did run right, which they seem to forget.

Laurie – Nice idea with the BC. I’m so unimaginative when it comes to that stuff. I just push play and go with it. Has is warmed up there?

Sandra – I don’t think getting through core+ is an issue. I think it is the quality of the moves. You had a pretty tough workout yesterday. Today is a rest day isn’t it?

Kim – Sorry about the sickness.

Hi to anyone I missed.

Tracy

Hi ladies,
First let me thank you all for your encouragments about DD. I feel so blessed that we have this close relashionship and she trust she can share everything with me. It's going to be tough for a few months, this is not an overnight situation, so I'll make sure I am as well as DH is there for her. And yes, once your baby always your baby.
Today we took a lovely walk, in fact the same route I take for my run, except that I do the park twice before heading back home. DH got a better appreciation for the run. He once said that I bailed out the easy way of PlyoX when I subbed for the run, not anymore... ;-) Then we did Core Syn. together. It's good because we keep eachother in check. I think he was surprised how much stronger I've become.:+
We also had a chance to preview Kenpo +. Is it just us but we feel the quality of the production is not the same? Having said that it is a good cardio, no stopping so your heart rate stays up there the whole time. And WOW....Traci's abs... This girl had 4 kids...:eek:

Some personals:

Traci~~ Poor you, don't you just hate it when you loose a post? Especially when you're almost done with personals....}(

Lea~~ Not too much junk girl....:+ :+ :+

Debra~~ I am glad you are feeling better. Just don't overdo it with the w/o. Pilates might be a good alternative.

TraciX~~ How lucky Wendell is to have his personal trainer. I am sure he appreciates your devotion.:9

Well tonight is going to be a late one as we still have 2 more hours to wait for Super Bowl. But DH is taking the morning off tomorrow. He was supposed to leave for Paris late afternoon but he'll leave Tuesday instead so we can be together one more day. Since I am leaving for Pittsburgh Thursday we will not see eachother until February 15th when he joins me from Brazil.

I'll probably catch with more P tomorrow when I start us up (if I don't wake up too late...;) )

Well got KenpoX done and a half hour of brisk walking delivering ds's flyers for him as he is still sick. He seemed better yesterday evening and then through the night he was up sick alot. He still can't keep anything down and has quite the fever. Poor little guy.

My body is definitely tired from a doubles week! I'm gong to relax the rest of the day, took dd to see the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie this afternoon.

Thanks for all suggestions on my doubles rotation. I think I will keep up a little running as I don't want to stop the P90X as I'm enjoying it and I do want to do a little prep work for the half marathon. I'm just going to keep them fairly short runs 2-3x/week.

Laurie- Did you get the christmas stuff put away?

Traci-X Sounds like your client's are keeping you busy! Isn't SJP fun! I'm sure missing my Cathe workouts! Glad you got to rest this morning.

Debra-So sorry to hear about your illness! Wonder if it was food poisioning? I've had a similar episodes twice while eating out, we're halfway through the meal I just become violently ill. Once I was pregnant with ds so DH took me to the hospital. I always wonder if it's some weird spice or oil that I don't cook with at home that I'm allergic to?? I'm sure it was scary for you!

Jeanette Did you do the extra 15 minutes on the bike?? you sure have your hands full helping out with your Grandma and parents. We have government home care (which is free) to assist seniors with bathing and stuff is that something that you have?

I'm thinking of getting some more CC, I have 2, 3, 6 (Candace) any suggestions for other ones?

Tracy- How frustrating to lose your post!Sounds like the next year may be a stressful one for DH's family. When I first started my career after university I worked in geriatrics and did lots of home assessments with seniors. Some families were so great to work with and some aren't.

Sandra- The kids got me to watch HSM a few months ago, I was kind of dreading it and I ended up loving it! What a cute movie! Did you like it? I remember describing it to family member as an updated Grease. LOL

Christiane- So sorry that your dd is going through hard times but what a great mom she has to fly out and support her.

Lea Hopefully all the DOMS will be gone by tomorrow and you'll be ready to back in the swing of things.

I might try and post some pics. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Kim

Hi all,

I updated my avatar with a picture of the buggy DS made. I don't think it is totally finished in that picture, but almost. It may be missing the transmission.

Kim- The kids are cute and so is the dog. How old are they.

Tracy

Thanks Tracy!

He actually built the whole thing from scratch! WOW!
DS10, dd7 and Bandit was 15 on Thursday

Hi, am getting ready to go off to the Garage Boys spin session. Will write personals when I get back. Lazy day today, but I did get some housework done.

Kim, cute, cute pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Tracy, nice buggy!

BBL,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.