Xer's Monday Madness

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Greetings!!! It's just shy of 1a here, so I thought that I'd let TraciX sleep in a bit and start the post.

Work is uneventful tonight. It's been a pretty nice weekend. I only had one patient Saturday night who just wanted to sleep! I can do that!!!

Anyway,
Classic/Phase 2/Week 2/Day 4

Yesterday was "Glamor muscles" day....Back and Biceps

I always like working my biceps because it makes my veins "pop", which for most people isn't a big deal. It is for me because for years and years, my veins weren't hardly visible, much less palpable due to so much fat layers!!! Of course, there is still some fat there, just not as much, thankfully!!!

Tracy- That's one thing I have learned over the years as a nurse is that you need to have the guts to question your doctor and not just take their word for gospel. I always tried to get my patients to take responsibility for their own healthcare when I was active duty....too many were just willing to let the doc take care of everything "because they are the doctor".

Jeanette- I am super glad that Tilly is doing good. It's still a shock that it happened! What did your niece say afterwards? Congratulations on the triathalon! I think that I'd like to try something like that some day, but since I don't do well in water...aka don't swim well, I would only be able to do it the way you did.

Traci- I hope that you had a great weekend at the Bay! I missed you lots!!!

Today is DH's birthday. I was polling co-workers about where I should take him for dinner and I was about to settle on The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant that we enjoyed 2 yrs ago. Well, someone mentioned a local tapas bar that's new and has received very, very good reviews. Trouble is, they aren't open on Mondays, so we will be heading there on Tuesday night for dinner. Of that, I am glad, because I don't do well on Monday nights;-) .

Enough rambling! Today is yoda, I haven't decided if I am going to do YodaX or Xflowsion, or something else. We'll see!

HAPPY MONDAY
Xer Chicks!

جججججججججججج جججججججججججج جججججججججججج جججججججججججج
Phase 2/ Day 50 / Chest & Back /Rd 2
`````````````````````````````````````````
10 days to pics- UGH! It falls right after Memorial Weekend! No beer for me
Cycle Day 8: Push it baby!
Doubles: Brand New Butt

Morning Amy and all to follow!

Had a great high energy weekend- really took advantage of the “cooler” 88 degree/low humidity temps!

Got Absolute KickBox done on Saturday – really liked this one- both the moves & the instructor.. Did Power Hour Upper & Abs as well- I only have 8# DBs at bay so it no big strain on the muscles.. .. used soup cans :D for times I needed lighter weights.

Sunday was a 5.5 mile cardio coach run… Felt great to run without the mosquitoes chasing me! I was energized when it was all said and done! :D

~~Amy:
Oh girl I’d LOVE to see popping veins! Mine just look more like varicose! x(
Glad you are back in the saddle again and ready to have a fabulous X week!
Happy Birthday to Dave! :7 Give him an Xer hug from me and tell him to eat 2 of “whatever” in my honor!
Oh PLEASE do X-Flosion and give some scoop on that!
Enjoy your day of sleep my friend!
:D :7

Be Back with personals after I catch up on everyones weekend! :7

Hi all,

Today is upper body, 20 minutes on the bike, and yoga.

I did some more of the Shiva Fluid dvd yesterday and it is really good. The standing sequence was 27 minutes and it flew by. It is such a refreshing twist on the same thing; very few static poses. I ended up doing 90 minutes of yoga and it was wonderful.

Amy - Wish Dh happy bday and have fun at the tapas restaurant. I've only eaten them once, but it was a fun night. Yes, you do have to be an educated consumer of health care. Unfortunately there are a lot of doctors out there who are either incompetant, been doing the same thing way too long, don't get to know you well enough, or for a host of other reasons, don't prescribe the correct medical care.

Jeanette- I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy the traithalon. I though your Tillie would bounce back fast. Dogs are resiliant and I guess they aren't quite smart enough to worry about just having one eye, so they just continue to enjoy what they have.

Traci - I thought you were going to be gone today too. We missed your enthusiastic comments. Glad your workouts went good. Soup cans? You are being so resourceful.

BBL,

Tracy

Some Weekend Personals~~

~~Mary:
All I can say is that our Tony is a MONSTER by making people do core syn on day 1 of Lean rotation! Its not right at all and I give you 1000 ^^ 5’s for not just throwing the manual in the trash after that! Did you realize that in Classic you don’t look at Core Syn until recovery week?

~~TeddyGirl:
Welcome back to the world of technology! I do enjoy my time away from computers – just because I can lose 2 hours quicker than I can say “weekend fun!”

~~Amy:
LOL on the 3 day vegan patient! That’s MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

~~Nicole:
I am so sorry that you were feeling no love for Tony & Legs this weekend! The best guess on the diet – The sodium content in any pre packaged foods… I know when I have just 1 a day I have an issue with water retention… Even 1 diet soda a day can do that too me- My body is VERY sensitive to it. I guess the real question becomes more about what lengths you’re willing to go to with your diet? Most of us I think, learned that we are not willing to give up 100% of our little favorites to attempt to have the “perfect body”. That was a huge takeaway from the program for me. Your eating is 80% clean- is that enough for you? Perhaps sub out the SBeach meals for 2 weeks with clean food and just see what happens then decide if that little tweak is something you can live with based on results. …. LOL on Kenpo being your source to beat up those tight jeans! LOL

~~Wendy:
Oh gosh that’s great you got to go spend some wonderful time with your FIL! I think its interesting how many of us tend to lose short term memory… I know your FIL has brain cancer – how do doctors know what actually causes the memory loss? I wonder how much of growing old and all the ailments is incorrectly diagnosed…. I just hope I don’t become like my mom who’s favorite hobby is doctor hopping! I am not saying that this is anything at all like brain cancer!!! Just the talk of our aging parents and what happens inside the brain makes me really think. I avoid Drs like the plague because I think one plant of an “idea” that you are sick with this or that is enough to make the human brain actually create it. There has been research for years & years that when Cold/Flu Season advertising hits the TV’s there is a verifiable increase in the # of medical calls/visits for colds/flu immediately following the start of those ad campaigns. Interesting the mind/body connection… DH laughs at me because whenever TV ads come on for ANY type of disease or illness I mute the TV or leave the room! Anyway- Just some of the things that make me go hmmmmmmmmm.
Get back on track today girl! You are in final phase- time to get the game face on & keep it on! Think about it- You can finally say Plyo X 4 more times, Legs & Back- 4 more times… ANYONE CAN DO THAT! Don’t ya want your Xer Tank???? I'll be your wosrt nightmare- The Followup Queen is on the warpath!!

~~Cheryl:
Oh no- Where was our gal this weekend????

~~Jeanette X:
Oh my gosh I am crying reading about Tillie! I cannot believe how quickly all things can change. What a horrid thing to have to go thru! I am so happy she is home with mom and already playing … I worry so that those incidences can change our babies forever. ~~Triathalon: WOOHOOOOOOOO!!! What an amazing accomplishment! I LOVED reading the details- I could actually see it all happening in my minds eye! LOL on the identifying the Jersey for hand-off! I’d be the one handing it to wrong team! FLAWLESS execution of the transfers! Flawless follow thru on your plan to keep HR under control first half! I am so proud to be a fellow Xer… I’m standing taller today because of all you have accomplished and after such an emotionally draining Friday/Saturday! I am once again AMAZED at what the human spirit is capable of!

~~Tracy X:
92nd birthday? WOW! At that age I think its amazing that your FIL is well enough to be at any party! Inspiring to see people live that long… I always say that I want to live as long as I am healthy and independent.
Nice walk & leg work Sunday!
I received my other Shiva DVDs over the weekend… Yoga Shakti & Sun Salutations… Now I’ll get to play with those a bit this week… maybe do 15 minutes a day until I see what they are all about…. Thanks for all the recommendations!

~~Debra X:
Hope you are able to get into Doc today and get this cough under control! Good to see a chest cold cant keep our #1 Shopper down tho!

~~Laurie X:
Hope all went well at your mini Faire!

~~Sandra X:
Glad to be able to read about your weekend but sorry your out of town trip was postponed! Thanks for talking a bit here and there about ETL. I am so intrigued by anyone who can successfully cross over if not living as a single person! I am waiting to receive the Longevity Diet which is said to be very very furman like but it shows you various stages of eating clean vs. all or nothing. I found ETL very intimidating to read and challenging to try to modify a little at a time. I do believe that unless I can afford to eat organic poultry & meats (which I cant) that I need to eliminate them for the most part from my diet. My hormone doc is really big on the fact that hormone injected food is one of the greatest reasons women are facing bigger & bigger hormonal issues and at such young ages…. Hormonal issues lead to cancer…. Etc…. anyway- just my beliefs not the only path for sure!
On to exercise…. I am so happy that Tony’s talk to us about Cheat Like Hell was of assistance! It’s so funny how we NEED to hear those things from our coaches!!! I found that I heard his words in my head each time as I was fatiguing on my run this weekend… almost like once I was given permission to slack a bit I no longer felt the need to! Congrats on your decision to do more leg work for a bit! You’ll see that I am doing quite a bit more- focusing more on Butts, Thighs, Legs as separate entities and working it that way- more a freestyle approach.

Hope everyone has a super fabulous TONY focused day!

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph2/Wk7/Day5/Rnd2
Workout: Legs & Back / ARX / 3.5 Mile Run

I did not manage to get the Yoga in on Saturday. Had to make sure that everything was packed and ready. We had a great time at the mini faire. I am grateful for our larger faire, because you have a lot more to do. We managed to spend money on a tea set for the girls, and a beautiful green dragon for DH. My DH has it on the mantle of our fire place. I'm thinking he likes it alot. :) The only problem was time seemed to drag a little too much. :D Got home Saturday night, and I went from driving the car to my head on the pillow within 5 min. :)

Yesterday we went to see Shrek the Third, and it was very funny. Our girls really enjoyed it, as did DH and I. :)

This week will be very busy, our youngest DD is standing up in a wedding on Saturday. They have the rehersal on Thursday, which I found unusual.

BB for More later,

Laurie

Good morning ladies...no time for chatter since my diva is already dressed. I ended up doing NY pilates last night...and coughed like crazy when I was done! I am still feeling out of sorts this morning...so I guess I'll call the doc.

If I am feeling better this afternoon, I will start in week 3 of my SH rotation.

Hope everyone has a great day...will bbl to catch up!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Happy Monday,

How is everyone doing today? Me I’m good. I had a wonderful weekend. I tell you, lots and lots of eating. But, don't you worry my plan of attack this week is lots of WATER;) ;)

Sat: 1 jog + PUB add-ons (bi’s are starting to pop)
Sun: GS legs

This morning, decided I wanted to sleep in a bit. I am a little tired from Sunday festivities. Tonight, providing it doesn’t rain I would love to walk for 2 hours, really looking forward to that.

But if it is to cool this evening, I’ll be doing PUB & abs. But, really looking forward to walking, I will check back.

Teddygirl~

Good Afternoon Ladies!

:eek: I didn't get yoga in yesterday either!!!;( I know! x( Today is game face day as soon as we get back from music lessons! :)

Phil spent Sunday building a pantry and coat closet in the kitchen. He tried finishing it, but packed it up around 1 in the morning. He might try to finish it tonight. Time's almost up before the cabinets arrive. Once those suckers get here, I want them installed, not sitting in my dining room taking up space! Yes, I have a whip and I'm not ashamed to use it. :p }( :7 }(

I tackled oldest ds's bedroom in between doing laundry. I didn't feel like waiting for him to clean it when he got back from his father's house! He's such a pig! (That's being nice!) I feel for his future wife!!!

I'm still not finished with laundry. Got about 5 more loads of sheets, blankets and delicates. I hate finding a clean area to lay everything flat to dry. Since ds is at his father's, I'll use his clean bed! :7

We didn't get to bed till 2 AM. I know dh is tired today. He had to get up extra early to meet his boss at one of the jobs. I, OTOH, slept in this morning. :D

I've caught up on reading this morning. :)

Gotta open up another window for personals.

Wendy

Good morning!

I have a friend about to arrive, so will type until I hear the doorbell. We're going to the greenhouse up the road to buy plants. She'll be getting flowers, I'm going to buy food plants that I can grow and harvest on my porch. Tomatoes, herbs, lettuce, whatever is growable in a box. I had a fantasy this morning about turning our entire backyard into a vegetable garden. It's a tiny piece of land. The kids can play in the front yard, right?

I had a nice workout this morning. It's the holiday monday here (raise a glass to old Queen Vic, if you can), so I had more time to play. I did GS Chest & Triceps. Then threw in Tony's "Fat Burning Express" workout from the P90 series. It's a live 36 min workout taped outdoors in Hawaii, with P90 grads. You all would recognize quite a few of them from the P90X infomercials at the end of the workouts. Since I'd only briefly previewed this workout when I first got it months ago, I really had no idea what to expect. That actually made it quite fun. I got a nice little sweat going. I like using the medicine ball for some of the moves. After the cardio workout, I gave my Pilates Quick Fix Abs segment #2 a whirl. I've never even previewed this workout, so hadn't a clue what to expect. It was great! I really liked it. I should use this dvd more often. I've had it for years.

JeanetteX - wow, thank you for the detailed synopsis of your relay! That sounds like a really fun, rewarding experience. Are you happy with your time? Was that better than you were anticipating? Congratulations on such a great race. How well did your team place? On to more distressing news, how is Tillie doing? Has she lost that eyeball altogether? It's amazing how fast dogs and cats can adapt to physical change. It's more heartbreaking for the humans than the animals, I think.

TraciX - You had a great weekend, didn't you? 5.5 mile run - wow! That's intense. As always, it's great to see your smiley emoticons around here again. How do you get those fancy characters in your postings?

TracyX - I forgot to send warm wishes to your FIL yesterday. 92. Imagine what he's seen in his life time. Sugar is very addictifying, I agree. Are you able to eat organic fruits & veggies?

Oops, guests are here. BBL!
SandraX

Phase 3/ ARX & Yoga-X make-up & maybe CS/ Day ??/ Week 8

Maybe my guilt will induce me to do the entire Yoga-X dvd.

Quick question: Talk to me about the P90Master series. How does it compare to the X? Was it intended as something to do pre-X or post-X?

Jeanette-X: WhoooHooo! You did great! Great timing, great strategy, great attitude considering your lack of sleep and Tillie's surgery!!! So, is the Ironman competition a go? Have you ever ridden 56 miles in a competition? Will this be your first? I never knew dogs could bounce back so quickly!!! I don't have a lot of experience with dogs. So, I was so happy to hear your report! Give her a pat on the head for me! Have fun shopping for the CC! Aren't you and dh getting rid of the woodstove today? Wanna borrow my whip before Traci uses it on me? I'm sure you have one already! }(

Sandra-X: Yesterday's post was a little lack luster. I wasn't feeling all uppidy since I was dreading laundry and ds's room. I'm still not fully over it! ;-) You're a sweetie to pass forward the kindess. It's what makes the world go round. Geesh! I sound like a cola commercial! Ewww! Too syrupy and sweet for a Monday morning!!!

Debra-X: Okay, let's make a deal. I'll pick up your laundry and drop off mine next time! :p Unfortunately, I don't get much help with laundry. I don't trust my whites coming back white, stains treated with Shout it Out, or my delicates done correctly. I'm a bit anal when it comes to laundry and packing groceries for that matter. That's another story. Anyhow, put down the heavy weights and CALL the doctor!!! This has been going on for as long as my rest days have! Don't make me us the whip! Your little drama diva doesn't need to learn how to use it yet. She's got plenty of years ahead of her to use it on her future dh! ;-)

Tracy-X: Thank you for your encouraging words. I can tell my body doesn't do well with these long breaks. I quickly feel old and DOMMY for no reason when I don't keep up with the program! Although, inlaws pillows could have contributed to my sore shoulders. I'm used to a bunch of fluffy pillows, not one. How does Shiva's Fluid compare to Shakti? No doubt that Shiva's 90 minutes flys by quickly. There's something about her flows that really makes time fly!!! If I wasn't feeling so guilty with my multiple rest days, I'd do Shiva instead of Yoga-X today!

Traci-X: So nice to have you back!!! LOL on the varicose veins!!! You're so silly! I've seen your legs! I've used soup cans at the inlaws before! My girls joined me when I did The Bar Method with Leonard Burr. They, including Grandmom, were so cute trying to workout with me. Don't worry. Don't hurt me. ;-) I'll finish the X. I've come this far. I just gotta push play today! I think I'm delaying my recovery week so I don't have take progress pics!!! About FIL, well... His memory was really bad right after Thanksgiving. He couldn't remember how to get to his corner of the house, the garage. He got lost in his own house!!! They had moved there about a year prior. It's one thing to forget a word or appointment, his memory loss was something altogether alarming. Anyhow, he finally went to the doctors the following week and stayed overnight in the hospital. They thought it was a brain bleed. They kept telling him he was fortunate since he bled in the one part of the head that wouldn't cause him to die. Fast forward, he'd been getting monthly catscans and MRIs to monitor his brain and make sure the blood was absorbing. At his last check-up in Jan, the blood was gone, but they saw a mass. A week and a half later, during the biopsy, the cancer had grown noticeably from the catscan. His memory got better prior to Jan, but never returned to normal. His memory is still not the best. He remembers everyone. But, concentrating on puzzles or reading is very tiring for him. He does have an optimistic outlook. He thinks that since his energy is returning that the doctors will let him drive again. He can't wait till he goes for his MRI in a couple of weeks to see how the cancer is doing. He doesn't consider the odds and thinks that he won't have to go back for more radiation. We don't say anything because he's so hopeful. But, I hear you! When my mind starts going, I wonder if anyone will notice or think I'm just acting normal. ;-) I asked FIL if he noticed it or if he was clueless to his memory loss. He said it's frustrating because he notices it.

Amy: Happy Birthday to Dave! Do you have any plans for today since your taking him the tapas restaurant.

Oh! Shoot, I just noticed the time! I've gotta get dressed for music lessons. BBL for more personals and an update on pushing play!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Good morning,
Today is the first day of my Fitness Freak 1 body part a week rotation. GS Chest and Lowmax premix 1-4. Good workout. Also, I stepped on the scale today for the first time in like 2 weeks I think (I used to be a daily scale watcher). I was down to 119.2 and BF% 24.7 (lowest I've seen on this Tanita scale). I'm pretty happy with that, though I haven't really watched my eating so well.

Amy, I haven't heard from my niece yet since the incident. That would really help our feelings a lot, especially my DH who is still pretty mad about the whole thing. I've considered giving them the bill, but not sure if it's worth the family trouble that will no doubt result. I can see both sides for sure. I'm hoping they will step up and take responsibility. Thank you for asking about Tillie. You would never know (except to see the stitches and such) that she had anything happen. She's one happy dog. Enjoy your yoga today. I'd love to have a bicep vein pop out.

Traci, glad you are back from the Bay. Hope you had a really relaxing time. Which CC did you do? I'm thinking of doing one on Tuesday, not sure though. LOL re: the soup cans, hey whatever works. I know DH and I humanize our dogs so much, when really, I don't think she's thinking about her eye at all. I really don't think she even has any pain now. It's amazing. I recommend doing a relay triathlon sometime. It's fun!

Tracy, you are sure getting a lot out of your new Shiva DVD. Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for asking about Tillie. She's great.

Laurie, so Shrek III is good? Will have to see it. Glad the faire was good this weekend. Does your DH collect dragons? I love stories about them.

Debra, hope you are feeling better. I think you should take a complete rest from any tough workouts. Maybe a little walking, if anything.

Teddygirl, glad the weekend was good. Lots of water today? I need to get back on the big water drinking thing too.

Wendy, dang it, you've done a ton of laundry! I remember when we were kids Mom would make us iron pillow cases. Can you believe it? Do you iron your sheets too? What kind of cabinets did you order? Would love to have new ones sometime. I've never done a 56 mile race before, though I've done that distance and more many, many times. Maybe someday I'll get to be on another relay and do the 56 mile distance. You just have to pace yourself, but still push at a higher heart rate. DH said he would take out the woodstove this morning, but he went to the store and hasn't returned yet. I may need that whip yet. Think I'll get the lawn mower out too and do the yards while he's working inside.

Sandra, the garden sounds fabulous! If I didn't have a job, maybe I'd have more time for a small one. Never heard of Fat Burning Express before. Glad you enjoyed it. Tillie had her eyeball completely removed and they sewed the lid shut. The stitches will come out in about 10 days. It was VERY heartbreaking, but we are doing better. Tillie, she doesn't even act like it bothers her one iota.

Got to go,

Jeanette

Hello All Fellow Xer's!!

Day 9/Ph I/Kenpo X

I did Chest/Shoulder/Tri's yesterday by mistake! I thought I was on for that yesterday, but it was actually Chest/BackX again.

Anyway, I LOVE Chest/Shoulder/Tri's! I really feel it today. I listened to all of you and pushed myself on the poundage yesterday. Makes a difference!

Still working on the diet, but I am doing better. Difficult this weekend, as I had a graduation in NH so had to eat out most of the weekend. Tried to make healthy choices - bouillibase (sp) and salad (with a few bits of fried calmari!) one night and chicken and veggies the other night. What was growth for me was no dessert. Usually going out to dinner always means dessert!

It sounds like everyone else is on track. I am really starting to like this.

Lily

Phase 2/ Day 50 / Chest & Back /Rd 2
Cycle Day 8: Push it baby!
Doubles: Brand New Butt + Totally Hot cardio
جججججججججججج جججججججججججج جججججججججج

All workouts completed…. I’m tired! Really like the music in Totally Hot Cardio and I was able to easily modify for low impact needs today…. Theres an ab segment that I didn’t have time to view. Did just about 20 minutes of BNB as my butt is plenty sore still from last weeks focus on glutes…. Chest & Back aka: pushup hell was as usual VERY VERY tough. I did make myself do more than previous weeks and managed to accomplish that majority of time.

Also got some new plants in the ground and some weeding done in back yard… If it doesn’t rain I’ll tackle mowing tomorrow. One of DH’s great aunts passed away this weekend so viewing is Tuesday night and funeral is Wednesday so our schedules will be a bit off. She was well into her 80’s and quite a hoot- She was the only reason I kept my sanity on the annual in-law Xmas party I host… We don’t serve alcohol mainly because no one brings/buys/contributes to the party cost (theres over 30 of them!) so DH and I aren’t about to foot an alcohol bill too…. Anyway I digress- Aunt Helen would sneak into the kitchen with me and ask me to exchange her soda for straight Jack Daniels! We’d stay in the kitchen for 20 minutes just talking and boozing it up all by ourselves! LOVED that lady!!

On to personals!

Lily:
So happy to hear you are starting to enjoy the X experience! Too funny about the workout tho! At least you did one and enjoyed it! How will you ever go back to Chest/Back now??? Lol

Jeanette X
Funny about CC- My ipod & are still not “bonded” so my CC run was a mish mosh of whatever Mr. ipod played! If I were anal about that stuff I wouldn’t have enjoyed myself at all but I kind of enjoyed the mish mosh of CC 1, 2, 3! LOL
I’m very happy that Tillie is adjusting so well- she will forever be given extra love and leeway for all of her long healthy life I’m sure!!
I can’t believe how little you’ve gotten! 119? That’s where I’d love to wake up and be… maybe in my dreams… my body seems stuck at 125 unless I get serious about clean eating I won’t be able to break that plateau. Congrats my dear!!! 24% on tanita is like 17% on a caliper!!! AWESOME! Great workout! I cannot wait to get back to a 1 part per day again!

Wendy:
NO GUILT OK???? Just start up today and forget it! We all get to skip a few here and there! 90 days at 90% completion = 81 workout days… That’s enough to become an Xer! (as long as the 9 you miss aren’t the last 2 weeks! Lololol) If the pics are really a mental block then lock them and don’t show anyone until post X ! You don’t owe us any pics dear!!!! On your FIL- that’s pretty amazing that he actually regained some memory skills … I think his positive outlook is better than any medicine! Keeping you guys in the prayer circle!

Sandra X
LOL on the smiley emoticons… I type in word and sometimes things show up and sometimes not! Its all a cr* shoot! GREAT workout today! Sounds like you are back full swing! Any baby news yet???/ Enjoy planting and the holiday!

TeddyGirl:
Glad you got in your workouts this weekend! Drink up dear! (water!)

Debra X
I’m with the gals- REST you are playing with fire! REST

Laurie X
No worry on Yoga X- Sounds like your weekend was OVER-filled as usual.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi, everyone! I'm still here! Went to a big life improvement seminar on Friday and Satursay and spent Sunday primarily with family and kids.

Two days off of Tony, though - First hour of BM2 yesterday followed by Rhythmic Step plus the BM2 UB and abs for this morning. Felt good. Will try to pick up the Tony mantel again tomorrow morning with legs.

Sounds like everyone is having a great day so far.

Lily, so glad you're lovin' the X.

Jeanette - so glad Tilly is still hanging in there, bless her little heart!

Have a great Monday, everyone!
Cheryl

Classic: Phase 2/ Week 7/ Day 1/ Round 1

Chest,Shoulders & Triceps + ARX

I worked much harder on this workout today than I did last week. My arms will be sore I know:) I love being sore! I have decided to really buckle down on my eating the next two weeks. With vacation coming I need to lose a few pounds knowing that I will gain a few while I'm gone. I have already allows myself to take a break from calorie counting then because I have been doing it for 1-1/2 yrs now and I'm getting tired. I hope a break will renew my determination to never be fat again. Now on to personals.

Jeanette, I am so glad you had a wonderful experience at the triathalon! It sounds like it went smoothly, aside from the sleeping. Maybe now that you've done it next time you won't be so jittery inside and hopefully next time you won't have incidents with your poor dog the night before. I know afetr this entire rotation is over I will be able to whittle away the bulk but for now I'll whine about it:) 119!!! I could choke you:) Why can't I be 119? Just joking, if I was 119 they would check me into a hospital! When I was anorexic I weighed 111 lbs. and never took a single picture of myself and thought I was fat so I don't remember being that thin. Way to go!!!

Amy, Happy Birthday to your husband. Tapas, yum:9

Traci-X, I have really been considering going vegan for the next two weeks to see if that helps my bloated feeling. I know I eat less sodium then I used to but I think it's the sugar that is making bloated right now. TTOM came full force today and I know that is NOT helping me feel better. My DH took me out on a date this weekend and I ate horribly but knew I would and let it go. So you can imagine I'm not setting foot in those darned jeans today:) Sorry to hear about Aunt Helen:( I love people like that. I had a few aunts that had quite the personality and it was sad when they passed away because a lot of the time they were the life of the party:)

Debra, I hope you were able to get to the doctor for your cough, they can be so dibilitating. I'm proud of you for exercising through it!

Wendy, How nice that you get a new pantry and closet. What a nice husband you have:) I sent some questions to Beachbody about the Matsers Series so I'll let you know what they say:) Hope you pushed play!

SandraX, The P90X Cardio DVD sounds fun! I'll have to check it out. How fun to get outside and get your garden going. I started mine a few eeks ago and it's doing well. Everything is growing fast and the seeds all sprouted.

Lily, Glad your sticking with it! Good job mking good choices eating ut, I'll have to try that:)

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

I'm feeling like a bloated pig right about now, so much water had to un-button my pants x( x(

Tonight's workout, hoping to get in 2 hour speed walk, nothing under 1 1/2 followed by hot bubble bath and cool bed. Have a wonderful evening.

Teddygirl~

Hi ladies...I'm finally back. Went to the doctor and I have a bronchial infection. Not really any cold symptoms...no runny nose, no sneezes, etc...just a hacking cough. Anyway...I now have an antibiotic, so hopefully I will be on the mend soon since I am just too busy the next couple of weeks...well, for the next month, really to be sick! I could barely hold my head up this morning and took a nap after I took my diva to school. I will probably take today off of exercising again...which I HATE to do, but it's really hot outside now..and makes me even more uncomfortable...so no walking...maybe tomorrow I will try an easy bike ride...we'll see.

Okay enough about me and my problems!!

Jeanette....So glad to hear that little Tillie is doing well! Did she lose the eye? Poor girl! I am so excited that you did so well with your relay triathlon! Sounds like you had a great time. It's a good thing that you went and did the route the weekend before. That probably made you feel much better. Have fun with your new rotation...You're using SH and GS, if I remember the rotation correctly. I have seen a lot of gains with using SH...I'll be glad to get back to it later this week.

Cheryl..Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Good luck with Tony tomorrow!

Lily...Glad you are enjoying the X...I am sure you will see some nice results with this rotation.

Amy...Veins, hunh? That's great! I can see some in my forearms, but that's about it...except the large varicose one in my leg...I don't think that counts! One of those nice leftovers from working in retail for years and then having a child. Glad you had an easy night at work. It makes it easy to transition back after being off. Happy bday to DH!!

Traci...You crazy woman...Your pics are going to look great! I could already tell that you arms are more defined!!!! I got some DVDs from Collage today and thought about you! Let's see, WillPower and Grace, with Stacey Krauss, More than Mat Pilates, with Sarah Picot and Absolute Kickboxing, with Kimberly Spreen....So we'll see how I like them...I certainly liked the clips, but it is a different story once I actually do them.

Tracy...Glad you enjoyed the Shiva DVD...I have that one coming soon!

Laurie...Glad you enjoyed your weekend. I guess I'll have to take DD to Shrek...I didn't want to brave the crowds this weekend.

Teddygirl...I am sure all the water you drink this week will wash out all of the toxins you ingested this weekend!!

Wendy...Thanks a lot for doing my laundry!!LOL Get back on that Tony-horse today! DD tries to crack her whip on me, but it doesn't work as well as she would like, but the little boys at school seem to respond well!!

Sandra....LOL about your kids playing out front...of course, the first thing I thought was you could just let them play in traffic! Speaking of child abuse, did you see there was a guy in Texas who put his 2 month old baby in a microwave and turned it on for 10-20 seconds!!! The mother said that "the devil" made him do it. You think?!? How crazy are these people? How are they allowed to propagate?!? On another subject, I would love to have a vegetable garden...I think I will do that next year once we are settled into the new house. There is a GREAT farmer's market about 5 minutes from where we are moving that is open all year long. I can't wait to start getting my fruits and veggies from there. They also have unusual grains that you can't find in the regular grocery store....at least not around there. Their okra looks amazing...and last year they had watermelon day where you could try the watermelon from all the different vendors! They also have tomatoes in all different colors...yellow and purple and pink...They have plants and flowers for sale, as well as local wine and juices. Can you tell that I am excited about this?!?

Okay...Hi to everyone else....Mary, Katie, Lea (if you're lurking), Nicole (hopefully you burned all your jeans)..and who else am I missing?? If I missed you, please accept my apology since I'm a bit fuzzy from all the coughing!

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

0101_10009001662.gif

Nicole...You snuck in while I was posting...Glad you enjoyed your workout today...Bless you little heart...there is no way I could constantly count calories...I can keep a diary, but not do all of that...I think it would make me more obsessive! Have fun with your DOMS tomorrow!

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

0101_10009001662.gif

Good Evening Ladies!

Felt good to push play. 1st half of YogaX is DONE!!!! :) :) :) Apparently, I don't feel quite as guilty as I thought! Ha-Ha

Sandra-X: When I was growing up, our entire backyard was my mother's garden! As a four year old, our suburban backyard was HUGE. To make matters worse, my mom had a greenhouse in the center of it all and tall poles of green beans and hot peppers blocking my views. I remember dragging my radio flyer wagon full of stuffed animals, and going on adventures trying to find my mother. She sold her vegetables to all her Thai friends. She still does. She supplies her friend's restuarant with the veggies she grows. Your kids can play in the garden! :) The P90 FBX dvd sounds good. Do you know how the masters series compares to the P90 series?

Jeanette-X: Excuse me! You are not allowed to take the lazy Xer title! Until I can bike around my block, much less 56 miles, I win the title! :p You can take runner up! How's that sound? ;-) BTW, I find it funny that you're conversing in a foreign language with me! Pace myself for a 56 mile distance??? First of all, my mind can not process 56 miles unless I'm in a car. Speak to me like I'm me. Ha-Ha Now, if you said to turn on the cruise control, I might have gotten your meaning! ;-) ;-) Whooo Hooo! 119 pounds and 24.7% bodyfat!!! Good Job! Must be from all the biking you do!!! :D Now, do you use your Tanita to monitor your bodyfat? I have the tanita scale that measures bf based on hydration level. I don't find it reliable though. One time it said I had 17% bf and I KNOW I've got more than that! I must have had to pee! }( I can't believe your neice hasn't called yet if for any reason to at least to ask about Tillie's condition! Sorry, but that's just plain rude! She best have a good excuse! I'm one to hold grudges for lesser incidences. Not saying you should. Just saying. ;-) When oldest was 5, our neighbor's dog came into our yard and bit him. She offered to pay for the doctor's visit. I didn't accept since our insurance covered most of it. Just offering made me feel forgiving! I still find it amazing how well Tillie is doing! It's a blessing for sure! Ohhhh! Pluzeee! I've never been tempted to iron my sheets! I'm not that anal; close though. ;-) My grandmother ironed everything, even underwear! I don't have time to put on underwear half the time! }( :7 }( LOL I know. TMI!!!!

Lily: Put CST away! If I had to wait till Phase 2 to enjoy that DOMMY dvd, so do you!!!! ;-) You still time to work on your diet. I'm going to start Phase 3, I think now would be a good time to start! ;-) So, if memory serves me right, today was Plyo for you. That means tomorrow you will be doing Shoulders and Arms plus Ab Ripper X.

Traci-X: Doubles does sound tiring! I like pushup hell more than Yoga!!! I'm sorry your Aunt Helen passed. My favorite! JD and diet coke! :9 You'll have to excuse yourself at future family gatherings and have a drink in her memory! Okay! NO GUILT! Got it! See, I only did the first half. ;-) Oh! You are sooo sweet! I'll most likely share my non-progress pics with y'all. It's not like I gained 10 pounds. It's that I don't see any change. But, we'll see. My 30 day pics suprised the hell outta me! Maybe, my 60 day pics will too. I doubt it as I've been BAD this phase! Thanks for keeping Phil's dad in your prayers.

Cheryl: You have such a good outlook! Maybe, I should attend a life improvement seminar! I pushed Tony aside this weekend too. Have fun with Legs. It's one of my favorites since I can out last Phil on that one. ;-)

Debra-X: About time you went to the doctors! Take your medicine and rest! You've got to pack and move and paint and organize and, most importantly, post here!!! ;-)

Nicole: I'm glad your feeling better about your body today! Sometimes, all it takes is to freak out and then breathe. ;-) I like your game plan to lose weight so you can gain it back while on vacation! I tried counting calories on Sparkspeople. It lasted for a week. Kudos to you for doing it for years!!! You can probably calculate your daily intake in your head by now! It will be nice to finally have a coat closet! Our home is a 167 farmhouse. I have no idea where the previous owners put their guests' coats, outdoor shoes, and other junk! Everytime I walk by the pantry, I always think of Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice when she sarcastically comments to her cousin, "Shelves in the closet. Happy thought." Cracks me up!!!! I know, my world is so small. :7 Oh, copy and paste any reply you get from BB. Don't hold your breath though. From what I hear, their customer service SUCKS! But, I could be wrong. If you don't hear anything from BB, I double downward dog dare you to ask Tony on his blog! ;-)

Teddygirl! Now, will that bubblebath include anyone else? Say an friendly ex? ;-) I loved reading your sexy post. You're so right. I hope I feel as good as you when I'm in my 50's!!! BTW, my mom's boyfriend is 15 years her junior. After she divorced my dad, all her boyfriends were younger than her. Come to think of it, my dad was even younger than her!! My dh is only 9 months younger than me. He knows better to call me his old lady though! Depending on how he says it, it could be grounds for divorce!!! ;-) Enjoy your bubble bath! Don't drink tooo much water. We don't want you floating down the drain!

Laurie-X: Thanks for the Shrek 3 review! My eldest dd has been dropping hints that she'd like to see it. I might suprise her this week with a matinee. The joys of daughters! Tea isn't the same with boys! Girls can never have too many tea sets. We use our extra teapots as vases. Makes for lovely centerpieces on the dining room table.

Oh! Jeanette, I'll take some pics of the kitchen when it's finished. Don't hold your breath! Remember, Phil's doing it himself! We got maple, arched recessed cabinet doors from Kraftmaid in an oatmeal glazed finish. Didn't want to spend a couple more thousand on raised panels!!! Anything is an improvement from what we did have. Words can't even describe the country blue sponge painting the previous owners thought looked good. I'll include a picture of the old cabinets if I remember before we throw them out.

Okay, duty calls. I've gotta put another load in the washer. Hope your day was good! Hi to all our non-checking in Xers. Maybe, y'all can post a quick update Tuesday. You don't have to write LONG personals. Just check-in and let us know you're still breathing. ;-)

Sweet Dreams!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.