Xers ~~~Sweatin' on Saturday

teddy16410

Cathlete
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phase 2/ Day 41 / Kenpo Recovery /Rd 2
***********Kenpo with weighted gloves – naked of course!
*******No doubles as its cycle day # 27- "DANGER ZONE!"
**********That’s code for :BAREFOOT to Cheryl & Mary!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Booty nice and tight from B&G - No DOMS tho as pretty much only Sneaky Lunges do that for me these days! Next week!

Will be working out early and then hitting the final AFPA writing- Tomorrow DH taking all the pics and then I can hopefully get it mailed off by Wednesday! I cant wait to just have it all off my mind:)

Back in a bit to catch up with Amy & Jeanette!

Quickie: Jeanette- if you read before you head out to Sacramento- KICK BUTT!

::::::::::::: Happy Good Morning Xers! ::::::::::::

ټPhase 2/ Day 41 / Kenpo Recovery /Rd 2
Kenpo with weighted gloves – naked of course!

Stupid OT question for you guys…. How are people able to get to use bold, italics, underlines in their posts? When I copy/paste it from word it always omits those things. Curious minds want to know! I‘d like to be able to use SOMETHING different than caps and exclamation points!!!!! To make all my points! (Sandra X needs some too!)

It appears we all have a few saggy knees! Maybe that should be our check-in name:
Saggy Parts Club!
I thought my elephant knees were yet another indication of my sun worshiping but I know a lot of you guys don’t do that so somehow I feel “better”!

NICOLE
Hope that finger isn’t throbbing this morning! Take care you don’t get infection! So does this mean you are ILx2 now? (Injured List) That might beat Debra X’s record for round 1!
Hope the Spring Program was loads of fun for the boys!
I’m STILL shaking my head thinking about your dad… Hope his hip is feeling better today. He may have to try Tracy X’s Magically Hips!
Thanks for kudos on the size 4- My weight doesn’t indicate it would fit but I guess that’s the real beauty of muscles isn’t it? I can see myself doing weights/functional work for life but never could see myself doing hours of cardio every day.

TRACY X
Oh you make me want to pull out my CTX’s! I have never done a full CTX rotation because I don’t think I could do the same 6 workouts day in and day out… Maybe when Cathe gets her new series out I can do something with alternating weeks.
I’m so sorry again about your friend…. There really isn’t anything people can say to make it any better. {{{{tracy}}}}
200.00 and no warranty ? I just think its dreadful the price we pay for fridge’s and then to have anything not covered for 5years is dreadful! Glad you have it up and running but man- that’s a lot of dinero!
Let me know about Alters of the Heart! At some point I need to venture out of Yoga for Happiness- I can almost do it by memory! I like the 30-60 minute mixes tho so that’s part of the boredom factor… I have a goal to do his 80 minute one before this X rotation is over.

Amy
Eating, napping, working out- Sounds like the PERFECT day to me! WOW on your calorie burn woman! I bet you made Tony and Crew look like Plyo beginners! Were you grunting and yelling? I tend to make A LOT of noise when I am really bringing it!
I am so happy about your guilt gift of new landscaping! I sure wish I had some rich relatives who want to ease their guilt!!! LOL
Mums the word on finale!!!! Last year I saved the TiVo finale so we could watch it right before new season! I didn’t realize they were going to replay finale the week before! Hopefully they’ll do it again….. It was pretty mind boggling last night… I couldn’t take potty breaks or I would have been lost!
Hope you caught some good zzzzzzzzzzzz’s

Jeanette X
Hope you don’t catch what your driver has! I love what Airborne but always seem to forget to take it before I fly-
I chuckled at your riding “stash”.. You can sure tell women who are moms!
Funny about the measurements… I did take them at 30 days but the lower half had no signs that smaller pants would fit… Maybe I should take them today- My cycle fell on very different days this X round so maybe that’s why …
Netflix- I don’t think theres a “contract” period…. If I recall that’s the only reason I joined. What other options are out there? Blockbusters program maybe?
So far Gin’s Intense Moves and Tracey Staehl’s Sweatfest Kick are the only 2 new cardios I really love. Unfortunately Sweatfest HiLo is just a waste of $ (to me) so I don’t think the cost is worth the DVD unless you are a KickBox junkie like I am. I think I am going to stop buying any new cardio’s and let lower workouts be my cardio for most part. My heart rate goes so high with most lower work that it may just work. That way I can do strength, Yoga, Lower, Kick and call it a week! That could all change of course as Cathe releases all the 2007 mixes!
Hope the Sacramento ride was well worth the drive time! Take a nap- you deserve it!

Happy day to all! I’ll be a studying gal for most of day!

Hi all,

I was going to do a bike ride today, but it looks like rain. I'll have to see how it is this afternoon. Otherwise, I will probably do PUB with a few extra push ups and yoga of course.

Traci - Congratulations on the size 4. Doesn't it feel good to see the results from all of your hard work? I love all of the added exclamation points, brackets, etc. that you add in, please don't stop.

Jeanette - Have fun today. My DH has a physically demanding job too and always reminds me that my job is a piece of cake.

BBL,

Tracy

Kenpo done and I must say my upper body is TOASTY! I think last week I did it without gloves so maybe that’s why….. I also did a few rear deltoid moves with the door gym… I’ll be giving those some extra attention the next few weeks and see if that pops the arms a bit more for tanks! BTW- got mine (Xers) and LOVE IT!
Tomorrow is last day of the “danger Cycle Days” so Monday I start with last weeks X schedule. I think this may be working guys- I am 1 day away from “starting” and I feel pretty darn awesome! No bloat, no PMS emotions yesterday or this morning… Feeling really fabulous! Maybe there is something to the Cycle & Training schedule - for me at least. Holy Halleluiah!

Tracy X;
-So sorry about another rain day there! Gosh its got to be challenging when you want to get outdoors on weekends! Enjoy PUB and do some extra pushups in my honor OK?
- LOL on my “creative” declaratives… Is that the right word???

Off to get cleaned up and then tackle the exams- Hold PRODUCTIVE THOUGHTS as it is GLORIOUS outside today and I so do not want to be stuck at the computer & DVD!
:7

Hi to all...Sorry I never made it back yesterday...but I was tied up on the phone ALL afternoon! I biked for about 45 minutes yesterday then did shoulders from SH. Today I am planning to do B&G...although I will have DOMS unlike Traci, the superwoman. And then I will do bis from SH. I am planning on keeping the one body part per day using SH until I have to take a break during my move week and vacation week following...then I will switch to another rotation.

Got some errands to run this morning, but I'll bbl for personals!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Debra X:

LOL on the B&G DOMS! I TOTALLY FORGOT to note in post Kenpo post- My Booty is so SORE! I worked at about 5pm last night so I guess they are REALLY delayed... but man they hurt BIG TIME! Hope you "hurt" too! }(

Happy Birthday to Phil!

I've got some last minute things to buy before he gets home from work! Just checkin in with you lovely ladies before I head out.

Traci, I think you have to use html for underlining and bold. Here, I'll try. Bold I have no idea why this isn't working.

BBS for personals.
Wendy

Good Morning!

Classic/Phase 2/Week 1/Day 3- Back/Biceps

Well, the neighbor that DH is good friend's with called and wanted to go out for dinner tonight, so we are heading to Pensacola Beach for dinner tonight. That's the "Spring Break" beach or "Beautiful People" Beach as my friend called it. We have a beach down the road from us that she called, "Real People" beach....i.e. very large people in bikinis and other inappropriate attire. DH and I haven't been out there for a long time, so this will be fun.

Oh, lats are still a bit DOMmy from Thursday, also have tiny booty DOMS from PlyoX yesterday....that's a first!

Off to have coffee on the back patio with the fam. Just wanted a quick check in and to wish Jeanette a great day on her ride today!!!

Hi gang,

I'm here. Still nit-picking, though, and boy is that time consuming!! I want my boring old routine back!! I did do Step Works yesterday. Combo#2 in that workout is one of my favourite of Cathe's, in terms of choreography. I love the full-circle turn down the length of the step, although I have a feeling we don't see it in any other workout due to the potential for injury.

I'm not sure what the heck I'm going to do today. Maybe SJP and Push Pull.

I'm also trying to pick a rotation to start on Monday, and am stuck. I can't decide what the heck I want to do.

JeanetteX - I'm thinking of doing Fitnessfreak's Get Ready for Summer rotation. How are you doing? Are you seeing good results? I might do her original version for 4 weeks, then do the updated version for the next 4 weeks. Or just commit myself to it for 4 weeks, and pick the workout from each version that I prefer to do on that day. I'm concerned about the lack of cardio? I know you are doing well with less, but I'm not so sure I will. BTW, when you say you are eating only 1 portion of carbs a day, does this count fruits and veggies? Or just grains and starchy veggies?

I've spent too much time staring at hair shafts and nits, my eyes are bugging. I'm going to do my workout and give my eyes a rest, then get back here for personals.

Cheers,
SandraX

Classic: Phase 1/ Week 4/ Day 6/ Round 1

YogaX

Hi Ladies,

I just finished up with YogaX then took some after pictures. I don't know if I see a huge difference but I guess even a little in a month is o.k. My scale was down 5 lbs. this morning so I'm back where I started which is good because I was going to chuck it out the window if it wasn't:) I unlocked my P90X pics on my Picture Trail!

Thank you all for your concern about my dad and the congrats for my brother. I posted pictures of her on my blog: http://onemomsdreams.blogspot.com/ . Take a look if you want!

So here's the full story for Miss Wendy even though it won't be have as lively as her's:)

My dad was sitting halfway in his car talking to my brother on the phone while his gas was pumping. All of the sudden this guy jumps in the passenger seat and starts saying nasty things about gay sex and what he was going to do to my dad, so my dad jumps out of his car to get around to the guy then the guy jumps out and comes toward my dad. My dad punched him right in the jaw and layed him out flat:) Then my dad jumped on him and grabbed his throat and told me he probably would have killed the guy because his adrenaline was pumping so hard. Just then the guy's friend comes out of nowhere and kicked my dad in the hip and runs off with his friend. This whole time there are several people in the gas station, none of whom came to help, except one lady who said she was going to call the cops. Needless to say the police were never called so they are out there loose ready to do it again, I'm sure.
I just fnished a Bible class that I have taken for the last four months and I went to that gas station every Tuesday late at night. I am so glad it didn't happen to me.

I'll have to come back for personals later because today is cleaning day and my DH and boys are off fishing and if there is not a noticeable change when they get home I may be in the dog house:)

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hi, everyone!

Nicole, love your day 30 pix - I just checked them out. You look awesome!

Gearing up for that Tuesday start date - oh dear, oh dear.

Traci, good luck with all that studying!!! I hope it goes well and you get the whole shootin' match all packed up and sent.

Amy, sounds like you're having a great weekend!

I'm still getting to know everyone else. Went on a killer long run this morning - 2 hour 15 min - killer in that I've looked back through my logs and realized I haven't run outside in nearly 3 weeks. Also it was trails and mostly steep uphill. My lungs were burning! Still are! That'll teach me.

Have a great Saturday afternoon, everyone -
Cheryl

Okay...I'm back...I feel like every time I try to plan something, things go awry! Today I ended up taking DD to the doctor...her cold is still lingering..and got worse again yesterday...so we end up at the doc's for an hour and a half!!! She had DD on a nebulizer and listened to her lungs fr quite a while...Her chest cleared out a bit after the neb, so the doc prescribed albuterol, an antibiotic and claritin. What a sick pup my little one is! We have to go back on Wednesday so the doc can listen to her again! Poor thing! Anyway..we are finally home...and I got to tell you I have kind of lost the desire to exercise today. I think I will take a rest day....I think the last time I took one was Sunday, so I guess I'm due. I will do B&G tomorrow, I guess. I do have some DOMS in what I am guessing are my rear delts...did I have a muscle there before?!? I'm glad to have DOMS in my shoulders since I don't normally get them there.

On to a few personals...

Traci...First of all congrats on the size 4!! WooHoo!!! And no sucking in?!? How wonderful for you to reach your goal pants. And just wanted to say that I was glad to hear you had DOMS from B&G..I was thinking, "Wow, she must be like Wonder Woman!" Good luck on your studying this weekend. You're almost done with another goal...What is next for you now? After you take a bit of a breather of course!

Jeanette...You ladies and your knees! Mine are sneaking down as well...Although, I think it's just my skin sagging. What could be more attractive? LOL Good luck today...Ride like the wind woman!

Mary...Welcome to our growing group! Good luck with your start of the X...you are in for an adventure!

Cheryl...Glad you had a fun (?) run this morning...Are you psyched to start on Tuesday? I will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the program.

Nicole...Just checked out your pics...You look great! I can see a lot of improvement in your abs and shoulders. Way to go! Glad those pesky pounds fell off...Probably just a bit of water weight. I get that sometimes for no apparent reason. I'm lucky (or not) since I have kidney stones I actually take a diuretic now and that really helps keep extra water at bay! Glad your dad is okay...It's just amazing to me that no one helped him at all...What is this world coming to? It's bad enough that he was attacked, but that no one came to his aid is appalling. You new niece is a cutie..and she does look just like her dad...I know you SIL loves hearing that...after carrying a child in her for 9 months to be told it looks like the dad is a little disheartening! LOL

Okay, back in a couple of minutes to finish up...

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

oh my we are a BIG group and i am lovin' it. i am going to learn everyones name workouts. i love the energy here!! i have to do a quick pop in because i am off to a bbq. i will check back in tomorrow
enjoy your saturday:) :) :)

jeanette:you are so funny...my name is mary and i am addicted to cathe and have been for almost 5 years. i ove to run and do kickboxing and my baby weight is crazy glued to mt butt and thighs oh and lets not forget my belly. i am determined to burn it off some how:) :)
traci amy cherly and debra

traci:i love your energy chiquita.. i missed you over in the other check -in

amy:i missed you too..i have been brain washed by all of you and its not my fault;-)

cherly:my familiar face...you are crazy girl, i would love to run with you some day

debra:thank you for the welcome ..you are such a great group

i will be back:) :)

Okay...back again...Mom called and I didn't want to lose my post!

Tracy...Glad you enjoyed CTX yesterday. And, of course, happy to hear that your injury is continuing to improve. You have done a great job nursing yourself back to health! Hope your weather improves a bit.

Mary...Have fun at your bbq tonight!

Wendy...Happy birthday to Phil!! Hope you guys have a great celebration tonight! How is Waverly doing? I will try to get some adult to take pics of me...I just don't like many photos...I have people tell me all the time, "You are so much prettier in person" I don't think that's a compliment. LOL I promise I would happy to sponsor an Xer get together...sounds like a wonderful idea! Just let me get settled in the new house first. And as far as NMM goes, remember my husband is in Russia for months at a time!

Amy..Hope you are having fun with the family and friends today. Have a nice batch of seafood for me! And couple of cocktails too. I wonder which beach I would have to visit..the beautiful one or the real people one...I imagine, probably the latter...LOL!

Sandra...So sorry you guys are still dealing with the nits! Are you red all over from scratching yourself? I am itching just reading about your travails. I think I did the rotation you're talking about before...I am going to look back and see and I'll let you know. Hope you get to do more tomorrow than pick nits...not really a good way to celebrate Mother's Day!

Jeanette...I also have to add that using the bike shorts is helping me toughen up my buttocks. I don't like them, but I was so sore after the first couple times riding that I need them for now. I'll change to some with less padding soon...I guess my bottom has less padding than I thought...LOL

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Happy Mother's Day to all of you nurturing ladies out there. I'll bbl to check in with you guys...Hi to Swifty, WendyX, Katie, Teddygirl, and whoever else I have left out...I am sure there are many, but I am losing the power to concentrate anymore.

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

OMW! OMW! I just saw Nicole's Progress Pics. LOLOLOL You are sooo funny! The Cover of Downward Dog is THE BOMB! :D :D :D Congrats to you for 1. wanting to do the crane and 2. doing it for a full minute!!! You crack me up! I just love you!

Okay, I drank 1/3 glass of wine with dinner. Haven't had wine in almost two years! Gots lots to say while I'm tipsy and giddy!

After I posted my pathetically short post, I drove to a yoga studio to shop for my Mother's Day present. My boys helped pick out the outfits. My girls will think it's a surprise since the boys snuck the bag into their room. Little do they know how I hate surprises, especially when it comes to clothing!

Next, I drove to Dicks and got Phil some 30 and 35 lb dumbbells for his bd. He was using those short barbells with plates before. It was taking too much time switching the plates. So, now he can set up for 40's and 45's on those.

Then I went to the market to buy some fresh fish and crabmeat for stuffed flounder and tilapia. Next, to the liquor store to buy white wine for white sauce. Came home, cleaned and cooked. Sat down to eat and saw I forgot to turn on the steamer. So had to keep everything warm while the rice cooked. Needed a glass of wine to calm my nerves after that. It sure worked!!! ;-)

You should have seen the look on Phil's face when he opened his presents. He asked if I got the Cathe dvds for me! I'm shocked! Of course, they are for him post-X. He just laughed. Wait till he trys to do them. He won't be laughing then!!!! }( :7

Oh! As for ME! I'm got a cute Lululemon pink waisted reverse groove pants and matching spark tank. My oldest thought that the Be Present pants were cool, so I HAD to get those. And, thinking of Tracy, I got beautiful Shiva tank top. Man, Shiva has expensive taste! But her clothing material choices are baby soft and comfortable!!! I'm going to be extremely surprised tomorrow morning! ;-)

Okay, I gotta open another window for personals.

Blessings,
Wendy

:) :) :) ~~~PERSONALS~~~:) :) :)

Jeanette-X: Oh! I missed you before you left. Well, just in case you have internet connection where you're staying... Here's a Huge Ballistic HUG to you!!! I hope you did GREAT!!!!

Traci-X: I'm confused. It doesn't take much! Why are you mailing pictures? Is that part of your writing assignment? Are these your progress pictures? You must be able to bounce quarters off your butt to not get DOMS during B&G!!!! I'm jealous! :7 Oh, I see there's no need for me to be jealous. I feel better now that you're feeling some pain. In a good way!!! :7 :7 :7 I blame my saggy knees on too much DDcoffee without enough water during my 30's. I've wisened up and drink enough water now. Don't know what I was thinking back then! Do you realize that we are the same size!!! :) :) Too bad we didn't live in the same town.... We could go shopping together and fight over who got to buy the last pair of size 4 low rise jeans on clearance. And, since you have more muscle than I do, you would end up getting them. But, I'd get you back later by embarrassing you in public by getting in an argument with a stranger. sigh... I need to get a life! :D

Debra-X: You're a better woman than me! You're busier and still manage to get your workouts done!!! I'm still waiting for my food to digest before I eat some CC. Then I've got to wait till that digests before I can do the workout for the day. I can't remember which one it is. It's the one right after CST. LOL Gotta check the black book.

Amy: I don't know if you remember, I grew up in Fort Walton Beach. My mom still lives down there. I forget which town you're at. It's lovely, beautiful down there!!! LOL on the real people beach. That would be Jackson beach on the bay side. The gulf side of the island is the spring break beach. Now, everyone's going to Pensacola instead of FWB these days. So sad. It's coming up on my 20 year highschool reunion. My gf is threatening me to go or she'll post pictures of me with my white lace "like a virgin" gloves. She's EVIL! :7 I really doubt that I will be able to go. We've got so much going on here. And, I've got the Cathe Roadtrip to attend in August.

Sarg Sandra-X: Ewwww! Your eyes must be crossed from having to search and destroy them nasty critters!!! I'm guessing you did PP. Did I guess right? I'll have to toggle and scroll down to find out! ;-)

But, that will have to wait. I've gotta drop the boys off at the mall. I'm NOT drunk. I only had 1/3 cup of cheap white cooking wine with dinner! LOL And, looking at the time, that was over an hour ago.

I'll be back to post the rest of todays and yesterday's personals.

Love to All, especially Yourself! :p }( :7 :D ;)
Wendy

ETA: MY NAME!!! LOLOLOLOL I'm fine! I'm fine! Like I said, I didn't drink all that much! I'm just acting, dare I say, normal. LOL

O.K., I 'm back. The house looks much nicer and the boys are home from fishing. DH is taking a nap so I thought I would tackle my personals:) Don't worry my finger won't put me on the IL!

Wendy- HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHIL!!!!!! OMGoodness, I can't believe your husband went out there just at the right time. My husband had the same thing happen while we were on vacation. he decided after we went to bed that he should put his gear in the truck since it looked like it was going to rain and he caught two kids in the back of the truck going through his stuff. The nerve of people anymore. It's like they're not scared of anyone and they don't have any qualms about stealing, maiming and pillaging other people's things. What is the world coming too?
LOL about no surprises when it comes to clothing. As you can imagine with three boys, I feel the same way:) Sounds like you are going to get lots of great stuff!

Mary- Welcome! Can't wait to hear what you think about The X! We are a fun group. Everyone gets along really well!

Traci-X Everyone keeps talking about B&G and I'm bummed I can't do it yet. Two more months and I'm all over it or maybe if I'm energetic I'll do a double one day:) LOL thinking about my dad doing yoga! I love, love doing weight training but I wonder sometimes if it's because it's easier or if it just holds my interest longer. I think that's one of the reasons I'm enjoy P90X so much. Hope you took a break to enjoy the beautiful weather. Have fun sitting on those sore buns:)

Tracy- Good job getting your workouts in after such a long day! I hate it when I cut my finger for the same reason, you can't get it wet! Good luck with that, I've been wearing a latex glove on that hand all day and I hate the smell of latex. Did it rain or did you do PUB and yoga?

Amy- Way to bring it with PlyoX! I hate being interupted during a nap but it seemed to "workout" for you:) Of all the things to be slicing when you cut your finger, OUCH! My vote is for the "Real People" beach. Have fun whichever you choose.

Jeanette- Hope you made it to Sac o.k. My brother lives up ther but I've yet to visit him. He has the bucks so he flies down here:) I was bummed because I didn't make it to the chiro yesterday. I had to pick up my mom's presents and before you know it, it was time for dinner then the program. My back is feeling better though because I am limiting my time on this computer:)

SandraX- Hope you had a fun workout, which one did you decide on? I thought the May 07' rotation looked fun and plan on doing it when I'm done with P90X.

Cheryl- Thanks, I've been working hard. I hope to see more changes next month. Wow! 2 hrs. 15 min., that's a doozy. My best friend runs for that long and I don't know how you all do it.

Debra- Your poor daughter. She sounds like a tough one though putting up with all of the poking and prodding. I know what you're saying about the comparison. I didn't mind it though when people said that about my kids but I love my in-laws to pieces so it never bugged me. We do get along with our SIL so I hope she likes the comparison, after all my brother is a handsome little devil:)

Well, that's all folks. I'm going out to finish up last minute MD gifts. Have a great weekend!

Nicole

-Earl of Derby-

I'm baaaack! Didn't run over anyone, run any red lights, or encourage any road rage!

Just took a quick scroll. Sandra didn't post a post workout for the day. So, Sandra? Which workout did you push play? Did you decide which rotation you'll try? Why aren't you doing a faux X with Cathe dvds? Are you looking for one with more cardio before you do another X rotation? Where's you mind? Fill me in. :)

Nicole-X: Phil is taking a nap right now. I suggested we go upstairs and watch his new dvds. LOL He's really tired. His body got used to working night shift, and he woke up at 5 this morning to work some more overtime. I'll take a peep at your neice later tonight. I'm sure she's a cutie! Oh! My! That is WEIRD! So, are you saying that this guy wanted to sexually assualt your father? Or was this guy drunk or on drugs and not thinking clearly? I'm constantly amazed when people ignore stuff like this. That's why Oprah's safety guest would always tell women to yell "Fire! Fire!" instead of help if they were being attacked. Apparently, people will respond to fire but not help. That's so messed up! Your father should consider filing a report. Maybe, the gas station has cameras installed for drive offs. Just a thought. Glad your dh caught the kids before they stole anything. It's such an invasion of privacy. Someone broke into my car the night before my birthday last year. They only took my cd carrier and $20 worth of change. Pissed me off! They took the Beetles, Bach, Vivaldi, gregorian hymns :7, my entire collection of Hymns for a Kid's Heart! and dd's Latin cds. Well, alls I gots to say is that I HOPE they learned something from my hymns! My friend asked, "Learn what? That they're going to hell?" :7 :7 :7 She can make me laugh in the worst of situations! Well, I hope your dh appreciates you. If Phil took the kids fishing, I wouldn't be cleaning up!! I'd be shopping! LOL We'd do a family bonding night of cleaning up together! I'm spoiled that way! ;-)

Tracy-X: I thought of you last night too while in Borders. I was tempted to get Shiva's yoga dvd. If I didn't already lust after the Eion Finn one, I probably would have gotten it. I still may. Did you know Shiva has a clothing line? You probably do. It's the softest fabric I've ever felt! The only thing with the seamless halter tank is that it runs a bit too long for my liking. As soon as I'm able to wear the Shiva top I got, I'll post a picture for you. What does your dh do for a living? Phil has a physically demanding job too. I'm always telling him how thankful I am that he wakes up every morning and goes to work. I would dread having to work so hard all the time. Thank you for explaining your elimination diet. It makes a lot of sense to go clean and add one thing back at a time. But, then I have to ask the same question as Sandra -- is it the medicine or the food that's working?

Traci-X: Now that Lea is no longer around, what are we struggling for an X Xers going to do once we graduate? Can we order the t-shirts ourselves? You and Tracy are right! Phil should have been more cautious when he discovered two youths rummaging around in his work van for pocket change. I guess when they ran instead of pointing a gun at him, he must have concluded that he was safe. But, he should be more careful the next time it should happen.

Cheryl: I love your picture you have for your posts. You are so pretty!!! LOL about lungs burning. Mine would have burned after 15 minutes of running. I don't really run. My run would be considered jogging to the rest of the world! So, your rest day would fall on a Monday. That'll really throw Traci off as everyone usually takes Sunday as their rest day. Are you getting in as much cardio as you can before you start? Which rotation are you going to do? Classic? Doubles? Lean? I'm doing the classic one. Well, trying. ;-)

Debra-X: Oh! Poor thing! I hope she feels better soon!!! We used to have to give the twins nebulizer treatments with albuterol when they were toddlers. They needed the treatments when they contrated RSV at 16 months old. After they recovered from the RSV, they would need treatments for colds. Cleared them right up if they were sick. Man, RSV is nothing to mess with though! Shelby had a partially collapsed lung from it. It's NASTY! Hopefully, the nebulizer will knock that cold outta her FAST! LOL about DOMS in muscles you never knew existed. I'm discovering new muscles every week! Well, let me just say that until I KNOW for a FACT that you're not some middle aged, overweight, wacko-weirdo MAN, I am NOT going to attend the first Xer's get together that I'm pushing to be at your house! LOL I want PROOF! I want PICTURES! And, I want them NOW! :7 :7 :7 Temper tantrum has now ended. ;-) Oh, honey. I don't care what you look like. If you're pretty and built like Wonder Woman, we all get to gush over you forever and ever. If you're uglier than me, I'll only love you even more. :p So, you see! It's a WIN-WIN situation!!! ;-) I'm betting you're gorgeous! How else would you and your dh be able to celebrate NMM while living on two different continents! I bet he's got bikini pics of you on his nightstand! ;-)

WELCOME MARY!!!! It's so exciting to see our fiesty group having babies!!!! I think I've got the yoga lady interested in the X. After I told her about it, she asked for the name again and wrote it down! LOL I should call her up and tell her to join our checkin too! When will you be starting the X? Tell us all about your plans. Which rotation? Yay or Nay to the X diet? Yah or Nay to Cathes or running in the next 90 days?

Amy: Your MIL is such a sweetie! She has to be to have gotten such a unbelievably great price on a sprinkler system. That's the one thing I wish my kids would experience. The joys of growing up with automatic sprinklers and getting out the slip and slide with friends. Us folks up north don't commonly see sprinkler systems. Oh, dear... you don't have to compete with me! You win! You can have longer posts than me this entire week! I've got to get the girl's paperwork ready to show their school evaluators! Nothing like waiting till the last minute! Oh! Yeah, I'd be sore too if I brought Plyo on like you did yesterday! 785 calories is like Nicole Richie's calorie count for the day if not two!!! ;-)

Jeanette-X: LOL I'm only taking one rest day a week! Well, that's my goal! I did take an extra one last week. *blush* I'm checking out your link as soon as I post. GOSH! I hope you did awesome! I hope you are proud of yourself for just doing it! I know I am!!! You ROCK! Girl! Would I LIE to you! What kind of Xer would that make me? It's not like I'm telling you to do the first half of Yoga X!!! (Sandra!!! or was it Debra? I'm thinking it was Sandra!) Just so you can see what the CC should resemble, if going to take a picture of it before we cut into it!

Well, I'm going to check out Jeanette's and Nicole's link. Then I'm going to take a picture of Phil's celebratory cake just for Jeanette. Traci, you can sneak a peek if you want too. I don't have any tracking software on my picture trail account. LOL

Katie, Swift Amy, Debfer, Laurie, Wendy-X, and Jess-Jugs hope y'all are having a great evening!

Static Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Wendy,

You know, I just searched in the back forums to find your Picture Trail so you better post a picture of Phil eating his cheesecake:) I hadn't seen pictures of the girls but Shelby getting her hair cut was the funniest:)LOL It was probably a lot easier to deal with. They are such talented girls. Do you homeschool them? Sorry if I'm out of the loop on that one. I was homeschooled from 5th grade until I graduated. I really enjoyed it but I could never teach my own children. NO patience:)

Nicole

-Earl of Derby-

Hi Nicole,

Just eating a slice of CC. I should have waited since it needs to set up a little longer. That's what I get when I wait to the last minute to make a dense CC. Oh, you might want to edit your post. It'll help Traci if we mention CC as CC instead of its real name. LOL

I really need to edit my account setting to include my picture trail link. If you didn't see my progress pics, the password is tonydidhelp I hesitate to end that sentence with a period just in case you want to copy and paste the password.

Yes, I homeschool. Only my girls though. My two younger boys go to a private school. My ex pays for their tuition. I homeschooled my oldest the last two years of highschool. I blame him and my engineering professor for having to spend a small fortune on coloring my gray hairs!!!

Anyhow, Lord willing, I will homeschool the girls all the way through highschool. I would put them into the public schools before I would put them into the private Christian schools around here. Just a personal preference of mine. There are several reasons why actually. One small one is that I honestly cannot tell the difference between your typical private or public schooled teenager as far as academics or behavior. But, I digress.

That's really cool that you were homeschooled. What curriculum did your mother use? Hopefully, not Abeka or straight out BJU!!! LOL I feel for you if she did!!! ;-) Did you ever wish to go to public or private school? Tayler did when she was 5. She thought school was a long playdate though! Her non-homeschooled friends have straightened her out! LOL Were you in any homeschool co-ops? I avoid those like the plauge for several reasons. Phil tells me it's because I can't stand being around a group of people for extended periods of time. LOL My gf, who has her masters in piano performance and education, tells me I'm too much of a rebel to join! LOL My other gf, who has her masters in mathematics, thinks I can never send my kids to school because all the freedom I have. They're both right! I'm too ornery and controlling. :7 :7 And, can you blame me? I have friends I can go to if I need tutors!!!

My twin's viola and cello teacher, Bethany, was homeschooled. Her mother is Tayler's harp teacher. (You saw their pictures on my picture trail.) She homeschooled her four children. Her oldest, Racheal, just graduated from BJU with a degree in violin performance. She's going on a missionary trip to the Phillipines to help with a music program this summer before heading off to Carnegie Mellon for a dual masters degree in music performance and education. Dd's harp teacher's oldest son is at Piedmont this year. Her youngest is still home. He's finishing 11th grade this year. Bethany is the second to the oldest and is teaching viola, violin and cello at home and at the local public high school. They are a wonderful family!!! The girls and I help them with a Bible Club at the local public elementary school.

Anyhoo, it's more of a lifestyle than an educational choice for us.

Blessings,
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.