WW check in Saturday Oct 7

nsaeolian

Cathlete
Good morning! I am off to my early morning weigh in soon. I think I am finally regaining some control over things. Still a bit depressed but workouts are helping ( and I may go buy new shoes today....ha ha)It is amazing the way exercise helps my mood ! Hope things go well. But if it doesn't and I still gain or stay the same, at least I know I had a good week anyway even if the scale doesn't show it. It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, and I need to be more thankful for health, freedom and all the things I take for granted. My hubby and I plan to go out for Thanksgiving dinner, no leftovers to tempt me that way and no dishes! Have a great week everyone and I am also being thankful to Cathe for her great workouts and all you wonderful people!

Nancy S.:) :)

Good morning Nancy! I'm up early, too. I've decided to go give a swim training session a try, and it goes from 8-9:30am. So, I'm fueling up with some coffee and a light breakfast. That's a brilliant idea about eating at a restaurant! We're eating at a friend's house, but I supplied the turkey that she's cooking, on the condition that I get some of the leftovers. Leftover turkey makes the best tasting sandwiches. And the Simply the Best cookbook has a great recipe for turkey/chicken pot pie using phyllo pastry. But she can keep the leftover pies!

Where in Canada are you, Nancy? Have a great meeting!

Hello to the rest of the gang <big wave>.

Corrine - Quebec is one part of Canada that I haven't explored too much, but have always wanted to. I've been to Montreal a couple of times, and to Sherbrooke, but that's about it. I'd love to see Quebec City.

Kim - Pumpkin Spice Latte!!! Oh my! I may need to get one of those after my swim! So, did you do an IMAX or a CTX yesterday? I'm leaning towards doing BodyMax tomorrow morning. I sure wish I had BodyMax2!

Claude - what a busy day you had yesterday! Your mother must be so grateful to have you around. So, what workout did you end up doing?

Jane - another busy day for you yesterday! I've looked at that Butts and Guts rotation a bunch of times, but for some reason have never done it. I can't remember what it is that I don't like about it; maybe not enough upper body work. I can't remember. I'm glad it gives great results, though! I may have to look at it again :) How is Karen doing? I don't think she's checked in with us for a few days.

Amy - super workout yesterday! CW is such a versatile workout. One of my favourites, but so overused that I have to be sparing with it now. I get bored very, very easy with workouts. I'm sorry your DH has had such a difficult life. Have you been married to him since/before the Gulf War?

Well, I decided to switch from doing the old Points system to the new FlexPoints, and retroactively calculated my week. Turns out, it I count my APs (never usually do that), I still have 13 Flex Points to use up by the end of today. I don't think I'll try to stuff them all in, but I may let myself have a small treat (like a Pumpkin Spice latte!).

Have a great day!
Sandra

Good Morning!!!

Nancy, I've recently discovered that my mood changes markedly when I don't work out. I get very grumpy and depressed. That being the case, I try to work out daily (maybe one day off). Good Luck with you weigh in.

Sandra, Enjoy those newly discovery points. Pumpkin spice latte sounds lovely.

Well, yesterday was a great day. I did my morning and evening workout and ended up earning 7 AP's (I use a HR monitor and count 1 AP per every 100 calories burned). I went out to dinner with DH for mexican food. Had wine, chips and salsa and chicken fajita (no dessert) and I only had to use 1 flexie. Soooo happy!!!

Feeling good today. Legs a bit sore but I'm going to do a double workout again today. It's not easy but I feel good about it. Not sure if I'll run into an overtraining problem.

Have a great OP day.!

Buffy

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!!!

I hope that everyone has a great day....I will spent most of it sleeping;)

Buffy- Congrats on the dinner out!
Sandra- Have fun swimming. I don't like to swim, I have an issue with water over my head for some reason, that and I wore contacts for so long that I developed a phobia about water in the face (although I love standing with the shower on my face). DH and I have been married 7 yrs, so we actually met after GW I.

Nancy- thanks for getting us started this morning! Good luck on the WI! I have also noticed that if I don't get my workouts in, I get a little grumpy. I have also found that I am better able to handle my stressful job when working out (and in fact, have switched from drinking wine for stress relief to working out, I now drink wine to enjoy it and drink far less!)

Today is a cardio day. I hope that the weather stays as nice as it is this morning (63 degrees) this afternoon so I can go for a run.

Morning everyone!

Nancy - good luck at WI today - sounds like you've got the right attitude however it turns out. I too get grumpy and generally uncheerful when I skip my workouts. Guess those endorphins make a huge difference.

Sandra - have fun with the swim. I never counted my AP's while I was losing - but since joining this checkin, I tend to look at them more often. Enjoy the Pumpkin Spice Latte!

Corinne, Nancy, & Sandra (and any other Canadians I may have missed) - have a great Thanksgiving!! :9 :9

Buffy - I'm glad you're enjoying the double workouts. Your body will let you know if you're overtraining. Joints and muscles will start to ache and bother you all the time. That's when you know you have to back off a bit.

Amy - sleep well! I hope you get your run in!

Well, I think Traci must be channelling me because today I did - GS Chest & Tris, S&H Biceps only, Coremax 1 PLUS the hi/lo section of MIC. Don't know what got into me but I just felt like doing it. I was worried I wouldn't have any strength left for Biceps after the GS workout, but I actually increased my weights from 7's to 8's! All I can say is Thanks Traci for inspiring me!!!!!!!!!! :7 :7

OK - off to the showers, then a quick stop at Mom's to drop off some Turkey stew followed by a few errands. Last but not least I have Billmax to do x( - no AP's there, but lots of aggravation cuz it means I'm sitting at a desk instead of doing something fun!

Happy Saturday!!!!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Yesterday was a lazy day for me. By the time I got all the stuff I had to do done; it was time to pick up DD from school(and I can't workout with DD and DS hanging all over me and the equipment--have you ever tried to use a step with two little people jockeying for a position too? It's not fun--for me at least, they have a blast). So we actually went for a walk for an hour--lame, huh?

Have a great weekend!
Kim

Kim - Lame?? No way - you got out there and did the best you could with the circumstances. So many other people would have skipped the workout entirely. You got your kids to walk for an hour too - that's so good for them as well. I think you should be proud that you got a workout in, even if it wasn't what you had planned. Besides, crosstraining is good for the body!!

You go girl!!!!

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hello everyone!

I worked 10 hours today and just got SJP done. I'm off to shower and go out to eat. Need to get in the bed early, working again tomorrow.

Sandra - Karen had a couple of busy days at her son's school the end of this week, she does a lot of volunteer work, grade-mother things..... She and my brother took his two boys and her son fishing at the beach this weekend. She'll be back Sunday late. She'll be on here next week.

The B&G rotation does lack in the UB department, but my LB is my biggest problem/concern so if I've got the minimum of UB and working my LB hard, I'm happy.

Gotta run.. will try to bbl...

Hi everyone, I'm back from my work trip!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! It's the start of my WW week, so I'm trying to be extra good. But, since I am going to be doing two half-marathons in the next 3 weeks, I don't want to skimp on fueling my body, so I'll probably gain a few pounds here. At least I'm preparing myself so I don't get disappointed (well, not TOO much) when I look at the scale.

Sorry this is so quick--I'll check back in tomorrow and try to do individual shout outs :).

Jennifer

Hey girls. Wanted to pop in and say hi. It looks as if everyone is doing really well.

Had my 1st WI since recommitting and as expected, I gained 2lbs. Really considering my 2 week hiatus from being OP and it being TOM, I expected more. I'll take it and work from there.

Yesterday's exercise was part of LowMax (still learning it) and a short run. I was a runner in high school but like many things quit doing it after collage. It felt really good as the temps are starting to drop a bit here in GA.

Today is a rest day as I met a friend after WW for lunch and then had errands to run. Tonight my beloved GA Bulldogs will play the Tennessee Vols at home in primetime and probably get mutilated. Sadly, I plan to watch the murder.

I'll check back tomorrow.
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.