WW Check In- 10/1

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Can you believe it, it's October 1st already!!!! Yikes, where has this year gone?? Oh, I don't mind really, that just means that Hurricane Season is almost over!!!

Nothing much really to report new than what I posted on the other thread. Imax2 felt good, even though my body was wanting to grab another few minutes of ZZZZZZ's

Check with you all, later!

Ok weekend so far. Eating not too bad. I've used all but five of my flexies which is fine. Considering I went out to eat both Friday and Sat. I'm just happy not to have used them all or (gasp) gone over.

Did MM yesterday. I feel it today. I think this one is well on its way to being a favorite.

I may run later or take a rest day. Off for a day of shopping after church so I'll have to see how I feel.

Have a great day!
Buffy

Happy October all!
Buffy & Amy; Already done w/ workouts??? Oh my! HIGH 5:eek:
Great day yesterday did wonderful w/ eating my APs fairly cleanly... except for WW Chocolate snack cakes}(

Jennifer: Happy to hear you already had the important tests ran... I'm just a worry wart

Today is Cardio Coach (woohoo) Ab Hits & NOW Power Max since I just have to try it! Cannot keep a new arrival all bundled up in the video closet!

Thats about it for me... starting to look at perhaps my workout goal of "lose weight" is getting stale... may have to shake things up again after another 2 weeks of circuits and go back to heavier lifting....not my fav ya know but do love what it does for the bod!

I'll check in later... Enjoy your Sunday!!

Keep up the good work, Buffy. Don't be so hard on yourself! That's what the flexies are for! For the longest time I didn't ever use but about 10 of them a week and when I started using them all up (before I met Cathe), I did better on the scale!

Traci- Sounds like another pretty stale workout scheduled for you;-) I just don't now how you keep at it doing all that boring stuff!!! It's a wonder that you even keep exercising!;-) :D

Work was really good last night, only had one patient all night (which hardly EVER happens!!)

Off to meet my boyfriend...his first name is "Sand"!

Good morning ladies. Wow, sounds like everyone is off to a great start. :)

Today is a bit of a recommitment for me. I figure October 1 is better than never right? September was a rough month both WW and exercise wise and my body feels it.

No workout for me today... I have to clean my house and getting up all the dog and cat hair is a workout in itself.

Breakfast is all I have consimed. Now I am planning my shopping and meals for the week, then I will plan my workouts. As I am returning it looks like it may be more FIRM than Cathe but I hope to really get back on the ball.

Y'all are great, I am thoroughly enjoying your daily updates. Again, thanks for inviting me. :)

Hi Kirsten & All to follow!
Kirsten: You're absolutely right! OCTOBER 1 is a great day to start anew... the FIRM are not easy workouts so you just do those if thats what it takes to get you to feel more in the groove! Shoot I do Firm, Kathy Smith, Turbo Jam, Beach Body stuff plus all the miscellanious stuff out there. I like to think that its good to keep the body guessing w/ different styles & intensities...
BTW: We're really glad you're here with us checking now too!

AMY: Hope you and Sand have a great day and do something incredibly fun! You know I'm gonna ask... Where did a name like Sand come from??? Is it like Sven???? Anyway, tell Sand the WW ladies would like to know what workouts he has planned today too!:+

Good morning,

This morning I did Mega Step Blast, and the pushups from GS Chest. MSB was perfect after LL and CTX Kickbox yesterday. Oh hey, there's a song playing on the radio right now that Cathe uses in the HardCore Series. I think it's called "Human Nature"?? I don't think I've ever heard the original version before. Right now I keep thinking that I want them to speed it up.

Amy - High Five on getting through all the plie jacks in IMAX2!! And who says we're *all* trying to stay sane? :p

Buffy - MM is a great total body workout. I think it's her best, personally. Don't you love that second round of push ups?

Traci - PM is a huge favourite for many people on the forums. I can still remember how hard I used to find the lunges in the warm up, the scissors in the first segment, and the 360 turns in the third segment. Little did I know what my future would hold....Heavy lifting is awesome. Do you have the gym styles? I think I'm going to do the GS Timesavers this week. Can't believe you did all those workouts yesterday. With all this time you have, will you finish writing my thesis for me please? :D

Jennifer and Traci - I would think the frequent urination associated with diabetes would be a result of the unquenchable thirst that people have, no? I hope you figure it out, Traci.

Kirsten - may I suggest that you put the 0-point WW Garden Vegetable Soup on your menu plan for the week? I live on that soup. Very satisfying and easy to make.

Claude - the first time I did GS Legs I felt the same way you do. And the second and third day DOMS were just awful. The good news is that it's not nearly as bad if you do it semi-regularly.

All this talk yesterday about Thanksgiving! In Canada we have our TGiving in early October. That means that NEXT SUNDAY is our big turkey dinner, cranberry sauce, gravy, stuffing, sweet potato, pumpkin pie and whipped cream smorgasbord. Oh my, I'm so excited. Do I intend to keep it sane? No!!!

Just realized that I didn't even mention my eating yesterday. It was quite fine. I made a homemade ground beef stew last night, and have no idea what the points would be. It was with extra-lean ground beef, onion, tomato soup, mushrooms, seasonings, a can of kidney beans, and a can of baked beans. I ate one cup at supper. I'm thinking maybe 4 points for a cup? What would you estimate?

I don't think I gave a proper WELCOME to the newcomers. I'm a bit new to this group, too. Still haven't taken the tags off.

Have a great day,
Sand-ra (not currently dating Amy)

Happy Sunday, ladies!

I weighed myself this morning and I am down a 1/2 pound! I know it' not much, but it moved in the right direction and I'm happy LOL.

I'm back to my weight-loss points total this week and next to try and get myself "recalibrated" and I actually managed to do well yesterday. Granted, earning 7 AP points helps LOL, but still, I haven't been on a 20-point week in so long, and it's not easy for me anymore (those 4 extra points a day that they add for maintenance make such a huge difference).

I can't really snack when I'm on a 20-point week--well, I can, but I use up those flexies pretty quickly. I read Ellie Krieger's "Small Changes, Big Results" (I HIGHLY recommend this book, btw), and she says it's important to not go more than 3 hours between meals, so I really rely on those snacks. I make sure they're healthy snacks, of course (I'm addicted to cottage cheese with fruit, honey, and walnuts, and string cheese and crackers is always a good standby), but they still tend to be around 3 points, so they can use up my points easily.

Plus, I am really trying to be better about getting enough calcium, so I'm going for 2 servings of dairy a day (3, if I can manage it and not go over my points), which is 4 points (more if it's coming from something like cottage cheese, for example) to begin with.

Anyway...

Taking it easy today (aren't Sundays all about taking it easy? :)), so I'm going to do some yoga. Not many AP from that, but it'll help relax me and I need the stretching!!

Jennifer

Jennifer,

An idea: can you remove the honey from the cottage cheese, and just let the fruit be the sweetener? After a couple of days, your taste buds will probably adjust.

I also begrudge using 4-6 points a day on getting my calcium, so I usually just drink one cup of soymilk, and take two calcium/magnessium/vitamin D supplements a day. I will also drink calcium-fortified orange juice if I'm in the mood for a sweet drink.
1/2 cup of plain yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup of blueberries is a great snack, and a good serving of calcium.

Sandra

Today I'm heading out for a 3 mile run(as soon as I finish typing actually).

I can't believe it's Oct. 1 already--the holidays will be on top of us before you know it!

Have a great Sunday!!

Kim

(thanks for the welcome everyone!)

Sandra: I would so love to be able to remove the honey, but that's actually my favorite part of the snack LOL!! What can I say, I have a wicked sweet tooth ;).

I'm definitely going to get the frequent urination thing checked out, though. Last night was another "get up and go" night for me. Ugh. Hope it's nothing that can't be fixed.

Jennifer

October 1 - oh no, I'm not nearly done with Xmas shopping yet!!!:eek: OK, so I'm never done by Oct 1, but I do like to start early. I HATE the stores after Thanksgiving. Just way too crazy.

This morning was GS Chest & Tris. I know I'm going to feel it tomorrow. It took quite a while to get my muscles to stop shaking; I had to be extra careful pouring my cup of coffee!

Eating - well, let's just say that it's high time I threw out the PB. I just can't seem to control myself when I open that darn jar. I do so well otherwise. I swore that today was going to be a good day and the first thing I did was grab a spoonful, then two of PB. OK, I know I've got the rest of the day, I just hate to start off on the wrong foot.

Jennifer - every night is a get up and go night for me. I get excited the few times a year I make it more than six hours straight. My sugar's been checked, no diabetes. My Dr. said I just have "an efficient bladder" - yeah, try dealing with an efficient bladder at 2 in the morning for a while, doc!

Buffy - hope you buy good stuff!

Traci - know how you feel about new workouts. I tried both of my new GS workouts this weekend.

Amy - is your boyfriend's last name "man" by any chance? I think I know him.

Kirsten - I agree, Oct 1 is the perfect day to recommit - even if I do it at noon instead of at 9 am, right?

Sandra - Your signoff cracked me up :p! My Canadian relatives don't actually do anything on the Canadian Thanksgiving - they treat it like just an ordinary day. You're the first person I know who actually makes turkey on that day!

Kim - shhh! don't say the H-word - I'm not ready yet!!! Enjoy your run!

Have a great day everyone - I'm off to a family gathering - ohh the temptations, yummmmmmm... :9

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Ok Guys-
I will be back in a bit to answer personals but I gotta tell you THIS GROUP IS FUNNY! You all have such a lovely wit about you.... Love the mid afternoon juckles! I'm so glad we all found each other in catheland.
Back later

LOL Claude! I hope that's all it is :). The only thing that worries me is that I've noticed the frequency increase in the last 2 weeks or so. Before, I could sleep through the night no problem without having to get up and go.

Methinks something is up!

Jennifer

LOL um... no :). Unless it's the world's second ever immaculate conception ;).

Actually, all jokes aside, a few years ago, this happened to me too, and I had no idea that it was because I had an ovarian cyst that had grown to the size of a football (yes, you read that right). I had a friend at work who was pregnant at the time and she and I would go to the bathroom all the time. I remember her making that comment that she'd never seen anyone who went to the bathroom as much as she did! Anyway, my doctor felt it during my pelvic exam, and an ultrasound confirmed that it had indeed grown large. I ended up having surgery to get it removed, and now I get checked up every year to make sure there aren't any new cysts (my doctor says I'm a "cyst former").

I just had my annual exam a few months ago and my doctor didn't detect any cysts, so I don't think it's that (it'd have to be pretty big in order for it to put pressure on my bladder the way the other one did, and she definitely didn't see/feel anything). I do, however, wonder if it's some kind of bladder infection :(. I don't feel any stinging, though, or any kind of pain, for that matter. I just really do have a lot of fluid to get rid of LOL!

Jennifer

Jennifer: SCALE VICTORY!!!!!!!! Way to go girl... I have found that eating every 2=3 hours is a wonderful and necessary component for me losing at 43. I eat 6-7x a day. I Get up- drink coffee ... and lots of it, workout then take my 20TPs + APs earned and divide by 6. Thats about how I do points... I use my flexies for extra hungry day snacks (when lifting usually). I try not to go below the points per meal even if I over did it because my metabolism stalls quickly. BTW: Love Elies show... didnt know she had a cookbook...

SANDRA: You are so right about PMax! I cant believe that I didnt start Cathe last year w/ that... I could have saved myself much torture in those early days! I envy you about the 360 degrees... I get so danged dizzy I just dont try those crazy things anymore!
Yes I have GS and love that series more than any so far... Great results. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! You just endulge and enjoy... Do you have lots of family / friends that come over?
And finally- YES 4 points sounds reasonable for your dinner last night. Sound great

KIM: Hope your 3 mile run was exhilerating!

CLAUDE: LOLOLOL... I have just 2 Xmas gifts left to buy! I always complete it before the end of October... not into crowds or late internet shopping! My guest room cannot be used for guests until I get the gifts wrapped and under the tree. Be careful lady- you may have to stop working out if you can no longer hold your coffee mug! Nothing comes between a woman and her coffee:+
BTW: Thanks for the Peanut mention... I got up from computer and went and fixed myself a peanut butter chocolate protein shake YUMMY! Only 6 points.. not too bad for a heavy workout weekend.

> BTW: Love
>Elies show... didnt know she had a cookbook...
>

It's actually more a book on how to live a healthy lifestyle through eating right, exercising, and keeping balance in your life. I really love her approach, particularly to eating, because she looks at food as "usually, sometimes, and rarely" foods. She says not to demonize any food because that just sets you up for guilt when you eat it. If you're going to eat a "rarely" food, go ahead and eat it--but really savor it and DON'T feel guilty. That way, you get your craving fix, and you'll be ok not to eat it again for a long time.

Jennifer

Before I call it a day, just want to let you all know that the DOMS }( are hitting big time already from GS Chest & Tris. I hope I'll be able to lift my arms to reach the keyboard tomorrow!!

Why do we love this feeling so much? I'm sitting here , happy as can be, sore but very happy!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.