++ Wonderful Wednesday MELTERS! ++

Hi, I'm back,

I am sure I will be posting the same time as Shelly and Robin!

Does anyone have any exciting plans for the holiday weekend? I have a high school graduation party to go to on Sunday, otherwise the weekend is "committment free", which is what I like! I hope to get to a nursery to get plants for the yard. I took off Friday and maybe will take Tuesday too to make it a longer weekend!

Robin"
Did you end up doing PUB yesterday?

Jennifer:
Good that the insects are gone! It sounds like you have your week all planned out for working out..cudos to you for being so organized!;-) Sounds like the kitties are getting good workouts too!

Lainie:
I love older homes that are quaint and pretty like yours! Our house was built in 1924! A sleep study sounds like a good idea...

Shelly:
((Hugs)) to you! Hope you are feeling better today...Isn't it cr**py to be sick on a day off? x(

Tneah:
Doing anything fun for your birthday? sorry the DSS is in town again..I hope the visit is better than last time. We need to see that bracelet...pics please! I'm with you on the circuit workouts.. just don;t feel like you do anything for your muscles..so in my mind I tend to catagorize them as cardio workouts. I can't remember the last time I did one..oh..that wimpy new I-Tread one the other day!

Kara:
I can just hear those cute little voices singing that song!:D

Shannon:
I can feel how good you must feel after doing those things around the house! My favorite vacation is staying home!

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Morning all!

Happy birthday, Tneah! I hope you get spoiled rotten and that the coming year brings you all you wish for.

Deb - love the sound of your "longer" weekend:)

I'm still feeling pretty crappy, but I'll be heading into work regardless.

Happy Birthday Tneah!!

Feel Better, Shelley.

Can't wait for the weekend, it's beautiful here now but cold.

Have a Great Day!!

Hey, everyone!

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to check back in yesterday. When I got home from work, I ended up getting started on grading and didn't get done until late. I need to check my email to see if some late essays got turned in to me, and, after I get those graded, I'll submit my grades on-line . . . and then I'll officially be on summer break! Hoo-RAY!

Later this morning, I'll also be making a trip to the dermatologist to get my supposed-to-be-yearly skin-check, which I haven't actually had for two years. (Naughty, naughty me.) Then I think I might celebrate the start of summer by stopping at the mall! }( I need some new, bright-colored T-shirts!

Tneah -- Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you . . . !!! (Please ignore the off-key singing!) Hey, chica! Happy, happy b-day! That bracelet that Mitch gave you sounds beautiful! Rose gold is so lovely. Has DSD left or will she be there today for your special day? I hope she doesn't get up to her antics again! Does she behave better when Mitch is there? You need to be sure to do some fun stuff today -- and at more than just one bite of frosting! What's your favorite dessert? Have a bunch of it! You've been working so hard, and you deserve it!}(

Deb -- Sounds like you have a relaxing weekend! I'm so glad to hear it! I haven't had a chance to check out Keegan's video yet, but will be sure to do so. We'll be relaxing this weekend, too. Glad that your derm. appt. went well yesterday!

Shannon -- Hope that you're continuing to enjoy your vacation! Your day skipping stones with DM and DN sounds so great!

Shelley -- Sorry that you're still not feeling well!:-( Can you try to come home early?

Lainie -- Your house really does look gorgeous! I also always thought that when you were dreaming, you were in a deeper state of sleep. Have you tried any sleep aids? I've been using a valerian root product for when I have really bad insomnia that works really well:

http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Silent-Night-with-Valerian

It puts you in a deep sleep, and I never wake up during the night if I take it. The last few weeks, I've been using that Bach's flower remedy, and it's also fantastic:

http://www.vitacost.com/Bach-Flower-Remedies-Rescue-Sleep-Natural-Sleep-Aid

Kara -- Yes, the enchiladas were SOOOO good! OK, now I've been thinking hard again about getting some kettlebells . . . . After all, it *will* be awhile before STS comes out, right?!}( How did Emma do in her talent show yesterday? I bet she was adorable!!

Jennifer -- Glad that the bugs are under control. What part of IN is that town in? We lived in Bloomington, IN, for three years. It was beautiful there, but much too cold for us! ;-)

Robin -- How have your knee and back been? Are they still giving you problems? Hope not! DD's gardening stuff sounds like so much fun. Is DH helping more now that he's off on vacation? When do you leave for Yellowstone? Are you doing some hiking this weekend to prepare?

Happy Wednesday, Melters!

Tneah - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you have a blast and do something really fun today. DH is going to take you out, isn't he??? And yes, my dear, you deserve a really scrumptuous dinner out tonight. After eating those icky rice crackers last night, I think you can afford it. ;) I sure hope you're feeling better than last night. I know what you mean about circuits. I toss one in every now and then for variety, but mostly avoid them. If you have the Terminator trio, try the Gauntlet. I think that's the toughest circuit and makes use of the heaviest weights.

Deb - no plans for the weekend here, except to continue my vacation. :7 I hope you take off Tuesday too - that would be great! Have fun at the nursery!

Shelley - I'm glad you're on the road to recovery, even if it is slow. Hopefully you'll be all better by next week!!!! You'd better be!

Leanne - NOW are you done with the grading? I'll bet you've been counting down the hours until you're a free woman!

Let's see. Yesterday I did Tracey's Step Sweatfest and feel pretty comfortable with it. I think I finally got the moves down pat. I messed around with my budget, trying to squeeze out a few more dollars to cover gas expenses. Sigh. No luck, not unless I want to have a diet of cheap white bread and mac&cheese. I think not!

I got up at 5:15 this morning and took the dog for a walk, ate breakfast, put a pot of beans on, and baked bread. It's in the oven right now and is starting to smell yummy. After it gets done, I'm headed to the barn to weedeat. I can't get a mower into the barnyard, so I get to weedeat the whole mess. It sure would be helpful if the horses would EAT it. But they don't hang out there much.

Today's workout will be the 4DS upper body premix, and I'm gonna work! I need to do some abs too. Not sure what else the day will bring. Maybe a bit of puttering in the yard. I love it when I don't have to plan every second of the day, just to fit it all in.

See y'all later!!!

Morning All!:)

Thank you for all the Happy Birthday's...of course I had to mention it yesterday...I decided this year to remind everyone, since they all forgot last year. I could care less about gifts, I just like hearing Happy Birthday.:7 So thank you so much! I'm all smiley right now.:) It is the first birthday I am actually happy about, I have a new hip, I am pretty good shape and a great life with hardly any wrinkles to boot. What's not to love about 42 right? ;) I think I might buy a carrot cake with tons of cream cheese frosting...:9 It's been a cheat week for me, PMS, and the carb cravings that go along with it...back on the wagon tomorrow...

Deb, you don't like circuit either huh? I just do not get them, a waste of time...are you getting some seasonal flowers to plant? I love roses, but they have such a short life here in the heat!

Shelley, good to see you sweetie, hope today has you feeling, better and better...go home and crawl back into bad ASAP.

Shannon, I think I have done the Terminator a long time ago, will have to try the Gauntlet...is it high impact? I can smell your bread all the way over here...yum...:9 enjoy your day..

Leanne, have fun shopping for brightly colored clothing items today!:7 There are a ton out there right now, I love color, but for some reason wind up wearing more neutral stuff, but summer is the perfect time to experiment.A few more things to grade and thats it! You surely deserve a shopping trip!

Jennifer, you are having some strange weather huh? Cold? I would take it over hot anyday...

Hi to Robin, Lainie, Kara..

The shoot went well yesterday, today they go through the footage and decide what to use, etc...DH's daughter and I will be running around the strip looking for a dress for her, she is attending the wedding with us in June as well. I sorta "got it out" with her last night, cleared the air as much as I could...I needed to do that, carrying resentments isn't good for your health or your head right?:) I will probably ride my bike again this morning, try and make time for weights tonight, but probably will not fit a weight workout in until tomorrow.
I think I might just go back to my normal weight routine, it obviously works for me right? I am bored with Cathe's Bootcamp and it is hurting my body in bad ways!:p So starting tomorrow, will go back to the weights, maybe I will do a Gym Styles rotation with cardio...bbl, and thank you all once again, your friendship means alot to me, even though its "online".

Oh! And in case I forgot to mention it, Robin, I am just thrilled you found pretty dresses!

Hoooooooray! I just got my grades turned in on-line! I'm still waiting on a couple of students to email me their essays (so I had to give them incompletes), so will have to deal with those later this week. But, otherwise -- I'm a FREE WOMAN! And I'm on sabbatical in the fall -- which means that I'm off from teaching UNTIL JANUARY!! Wooo-hooo!!!

Shannon -- Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned! Mmm . . . that baking bread smells heavenly!:)

Tneah -- Happy, happy b-day, chica! I'm so glad that you decided to tell us so we could wish you a wonderful day -- and encourage you to indulge and treat yourself! Life really is wonderful, and I'm so glad that all is going well. How great, too, that you got things off your chest with DH's daughter. It's not good to carry those grudges around with you. And it also sounds like a great idea to get back to your usual workouts since those circuits haven't been good for you -- esp. after your knee gave out! We don't want any more of that!:) Hope that your day shopping is good! Yes, I always wear neutral and dark colors, too, so I thought it would be nice to get some bright T-shirts for wearing around the house this summer. Enjoy that carrot cake, make DH take you out for a nice dinner, and treat yourself to a few new goodies while you're out shopping today! Enjoy the day today and do all the fun things you love!!:)

Hi all! Sorry I never got back yesterday. I have been a bit overwhelmed trying to decide where to go from here. I need to decide today about taking the required summer coursework for the Dietetics Certficate program I am considering. I wish I knew the right path to take. Oh well, enough about me. I had to check in to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Tneah!!!!!! Yea! Enjoy the day! I wish you the best!

I will check in later this afternoon after I get things decided. Thanks ladies.

Kara :)

P.S. Hooray for Leanne's freedom!!!! :7 :7 :7

Hello everyone. Another busy but tired day. Did some Pilates this morning (Ellen Barrett's Crunch: Pick Your Spot Pilates). Had to go to my dermatologist and found out I have psoriasis--have to get light treatments twice a week for a while, starting tomorrow. Oy.

Isaac has a T-ball game at 6:30 (if it doesn't rain) so I have to go clean up a bit and give them an early dinner at some point. Brian is out of town so at least I don't have to feed him as well.

Hope to bbl this evening for personals; we'll see.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Tneah - ummm, yeah. Gauntlet is high impact. The cardio is from Imax 2 and Bootcamp. Oh dear. Your bracelet is lovely!

Leanne - HOORAY!!! You're a free woman!

Kara - just take your time to decide and do what feels right. I know you'll get there.

Lanie - I'm glad the doc found out what's wrong and that there's something to do for it! You know, I think LauraMax has psoriasis too. Maybe you could check with her for someone with experience in it.

Today was another lovely day. After I weedate the barnyard, I visited my Granny and aunt for a bit. They also live on Dad's property. Then I came back and worked in my flower beds for about two hours! I couldn't believe where the time went. Did my workout as planned, but I had to back off of the shoulder work a bit. In fact, I'm thinking I just need to stay lighter there and forget trying to work up. It causes too many problems. Then back down to the barn to feed the horses, and here I am. Oh yeah - I had lunch in there somewhere....

Tomorrow morning I'm going to help my aunt build a rock flower bed. We're going to get started early, before it gets hot, so I don't know if or when I'll check in tomorrow.

It's early, but I'm hungry. Maybe I'll start planning dinner now. I hope everyone has a great evening!

Hey all,

Just got back from running a TON of errands! The dermatologist said that my skin looks good (he actually said how great it was -- b/c I'm pasty white, which I'm sure is a good thing in his book!) and gave me a cream to help with those dang chapped lips.

I hit the mall after my dermatology appt., and found a bunch of cute things! Hooray! :) You know those adorable cargo pants that Tneah had? They had some at Gap Body on sale for about $21! I tried to find a photo of them on-line, but can't seem to find them. I also got a pair of pants at Loft for $3.88!! It was some sort of fluke (I think someone must have returned them) and they're super cute. Of course, they aren't the Big Butt Cut so they fit a little tight in the tuckus, but I was thinking of taking them to my tailor. I also picked up some smelly new lotions and Bath and Body, and a Kiehl's SPF 30 lotion to use on my arms everyday. I also stopped at Ross and got some Jari Love workouts for $5 each. All in all, it was a productive day! Woo hoo! Summer feels like it's officially here -- even though it's gloomy and miserable, and we're getting thunderstorms on Friday!:)

Shannon -- Sounds like you're having a fabulous vacation so far! It also sounds like a good idea to stay with lighter weights for the shoulders.

Lainie -- A friend at work has psoriasis, and the light treatments really helped her! Don't you love Ellen Barrett?! I miss doing her workouts. Oh, do you have a rotation to use with the Jari Love workouts? I was thinking of using them once I finish up my S&H rotation.

Kara -- Let us know what you decide about the Dietetics program! With your interest in health and fitness, it seems like you'd really love to do something like that!
:)

Hi all! How’s the day goin’?
Deb—Thanks for the info on the iTread. I will look into #2! I understand not being into yoga. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I can’t stand holding poses for a long period of time! Nope, no exciting plans for the weekend. Enjoy your long one!

Lainie—Try the kettlebells!!! They are fun! The school you attended sounds neat. Your house has so much character. I absolutely love it. We used to own a home built in 1920, but now live in one that blends in with the rest of the neighborhood. I love old homes! Colin is 15 and will be finishing his sophomore year tomorrow. Yea! I just read about the psoriasis. Sorry. I hope the light treatments help!

Tneah—So, how has your birthday been? That bracelet is absolutely gorgeous! Have any frosting? It seems very wise to go back to what was working for you. That bootcamp rotation is brutal on the joints!

Shelley—I am so glad you are feeling better, but wish you could have stayed home! Take care of yourself. ((((((HUGS))))))

Shannon—How is the puttering going? You sound very happy and relaxed. I hope your vacation goes very slowly!

Leanne—I am so glad you like the recipe! Do you have any plans for your sabbatical? About the kettlebells…they are wiping me out! The DOMS in my inner thighs and hamstrings have been so bad that I can barely walk! Yesterday I tried one of my new ones “ Newport “ with Anthony DiLuglio. It has 8 rounds and I made it through 3!! That guy is crazy, but I love him. I started out with a 15 lb. bell. It was much easier to learn the moves with the lighter weight. I still use the 15# for turkish get-ups and snatches. Some say that you can substitute dumbbells for the lighter kettlebells and just buy a heavier kettlebell to begin with, but I found the “feel” of the movement to be so different that I am glad I got the 15#er. Do you have an Academy Sports near you? I found that they have the best prices although muscledriverusa.com has good prices as well. I also think I gave you the wrong web address for Anthony’s site. It is artofstrength.net. Sorry! I hope I am making sense. I tend to skip over details when I post online and leave many very confused! Did you do any shopping?

Robin—I need to learn to relax! How did you? Emma and I are completely different because she doesn’t want to bother with preparation and I tend to overdo. She loves “winging it” and if it works out then great, but if not, who cares? I *so* wish I had that gene! How is the knee feeling?

Jennifer—Glad good things are happening for you!

OK, I need some help. I am not used to working out in public and don’t really have appropriate clothing for the roadtrip. I can’t find anything anywhere! The tops show everything and make me look like a boy, and the shorts are too poofy. It is also incredibly expensive! Do any of you have some advice?

I suppose I should start dinner…I hope y’all have a fabulous evening!

Kara

Hi melters.

Deb, I had to postpone PUB to today. I had a churchy thing after work and didn't get home until late. No exciting plans here. I have to work from tomorrow through the following Thursday. My SIL, her DH and my niece are coming up from VA Beach for the weekend.

Shelley, sorry you had to drag yourself to work. Are you feeling any better?

Leanne, yahoo for summer break! My DH has been doing very well this week. He's been keeping everything tidy and doing lots of chores. Yesterday he cleaned out his closet. I'm not sur he ever did that before! My knee and back have straightened out. I think I just worked out a little too hard. We leave a week from Saturday.

Shannon, it sounds like you are having a delightful and productive vacation. Enjoy!

Here's another happy birthday wish, Tneah! Mmmmm, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I think you are smart going back to your old fitness routine. If Bootcamp ain't working, ditch it! I love that bracelet! I have several bracelets I bought over the years on trips to St John. My favorite is a "St John Hook Bracelet."

http://www.caravangallery.com/caravan art/Silver5mm.jpg

You wear it with the hook opening facing you if you are "taken." Wear it with the opening facing out if you are available.

Kara, I hate making decisions. Good luck with yours. I think after I heard my DD sing solo the second time, I relaxed. She sounded so wonderful. I was entranced that such a voice came from someone like me, who can't carry a tune in a bucket. Good luck shopping for workout clothes. I think I got most of my stuff from Target, TJMaxx and on line. I wore long pants and tank/bra tops all weekend. Don't fret too much. It was so exciting meeting everyone that I didn't notice what anyone had on!

Lainie, how much longer is T ball season? Will Brian be gone long?

I think I'm all caught up. I'm not sure how much working out I'll be doing through the weekend. Friday we are having lobster-fest with friends, then SIL and her family arrives about 9pm. I'll just have to play it by ear.

Hi all!

Leanne--So glad you had a successful shopping trip with good deals to boot! :)

Shannon--It is wonderful that you have such a close relationship with your family! Enjoy tomorrow!

Robin--How cool that your DD has such a wonderful voice! I envy her! :) Thanks for your thoughts on workout clothing. I don't really care about looking fashionable, just modest. Do you ever watch Seinfeld? I am trying to avoid an "Elaine" Christmas photo! :7

Thanks for your kind words about my decision. I really appreciate it. You guys are wonderful and I am so glad that you welcomed me into your thread!

Kara :)

Hey all!

Well, I got carrot cake with cream cheese frosting...and yep, I ate it, yes I did!}(

I shuttled the boys, DH (he has to go to SLC for a meeting tomorrow morning) and his daughter to the airport this afternoon, so its me and Georgie tonight. Will watch the finale of American Idol...go David Cook!

Robin, I love that bracelet, and the symbolism! How beautiful. Lobster-fest sounds delicious and exciting!:)

Leanne, whatta great day you had with cute pants and I love that word you used "tuckus":7 I think my dad or grandpa used to use that word. Great news on the skin too.Good for you for taking such good care of yourself! What is your favorite Bath and Bodyworks fragrances? I really like the amber one...and anything vanilla of course, don't all girls?:p

Kara, workout clothing is expensive isn't it? Have you tried Target? They have the line called Champion and they have cute pieces? Also, you can find Nike stuff on sale at sporting goods stores, or do you have an outlet? Keep looking, you will find some flattering pieces!

Shannon, you are supposed to be on vacation silly! Whats with the work?:) It is very sweet you are helping your auntie with her yard. I might have to skip the Gauntlet, my knees are crying.

Lainie, sorry to hear about the skin condition. It must be so frustrating, but I have heard that the light therapy really works. Also, look into natural herbal stuff that might help too.

Well, I think I am going to go do some elliptical training to burn off some of that cake...and this weeks worth of overindulgence!:+ I am not worried about it, because tomorrow is another day right? Thanks again guys for your well wishes, it was awesome of you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.