We're in This Together (March 2013)

JT

Cathlete
Just did my taxes and miserable but know they could be alot worse. Getting things done today. Please post on Friday, March 1st here. Thanks.

Morning girls!

Yesterday I did Ultimate Yogi: Detox, aka the twisty one , aka an awesome one! I felt SOOO good after doing this one. My hips, hamstrings and low back felt wonderful. What a great one to do after a lower body day! It made a big difference in relieving any soreness from Cardio Leg Blast Wednesday. Today is my day off and then I think I'm going to do some circuit dvd tomorrow.

I already preordered this morning! :eek:

Gotta run and get the kiddos ready for school. They are moving like snails this morning!

TTYL

Hey!

I'm on my new phone and just getting used to touch screen so this may be short.

Colleen- Detox sounds great. I have UY cardio on Sunday. Excited already!

Jen- Love the updates on FB.

Hi Natty and Sarah!

Last disc of Meso 2 this morning. It's going so fast.

I've been busy today. I did XT Ride, XT BS Chest, Triceps, and shoulders (yes, I gave up on the one body part a day). Then I took a 2 1/2 mile walk. I'm spent!

I haven't preordered. I wasn't in any hurry to either because I wanted to figure out what to order with it so I can take advantage of the free shipping. Now I have read that if you order in the month of March is when the GH is free. Yes, I know I have a whole month to figure it out but you guys know me, I can't make decisions to save my life!

I made some cranberry pecan muffins that I haven't tasted yet. They smell super good. I will save 1 for myself and take the rest to Bunco to get rid of. I read one super good tip from the Jillian Michaels book about will power being finite. So while you have it, ruin whatever it is that may be tempting you. So last week when I went to dinner (Middle Eastern one of my favs.) and I felt full. That very minute I ruined the rest of my dinner by dumping salt over it.. That way III didn't have to wait for someone to take my plate away, as I am a picker. Not nose!

Nat - Jerk Chicken was delicious. Whole family enjoyed , thanks.
Sorry it took me so long to get you this recipe.

MAKES ONE 10-INCH TORTILLA, SERVES 6 TO 8
We like to use russet potatoes here for their earthy flavor; however, Yukon Gold potatoes can be substituted. Using a 10-inch nonstick skillet here is important; do not use a smaller or larger skillet, because the cooking times will not apply. The tortilla can be served warm or at room temperature. Serve with Garlic Mayonnaise or Romesco Sauce (see related recipes). This recipe was published in our cookbook The Best International Recipe.
INGREDIENTS
1/2cup extra virgin olive oil
1pound russet potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
1 medium onion, halved and sliced 1/8 inch thick
Salt
10 large eggs
1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 425 degrees. Heat the oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the potatoes, onion, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and stir to coat thoroughly. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and onion are soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Whisk the eggs, pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt together until uniformly yellow. Pour the eggs over the potatoes, stir gently to combine, and continue to cook until the eggs begin to set, about 1 minute.
3. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs are cooked, the top is puffed, and the edges have pulled away slightly from the sides of the pan, about 9 minutes.
4. Return the finished tortilla in the skillet to medium-high on the stovetop until lightly browned on the bottom, about 1 minute, using a spatula to peek at the crust as it cooks. To unmold the tortilla so that the browned side faces up, simply slide the tortilla onto a large plate, then place a serving platter over the top, and, firmly grasping both plates, flip the tortilla onto the serving platter, browned side up. Slice into wedges and serve. (The tortilla can also be made up to 4 hours in advance and served at temperature.)

Hi everyone :)

Just so you know, I replied to everyone in the last month's thread :).

For some reason I thought I checked-in yesterday, but I guess not :eek:.
Thurs w/o was LEGS & GLUTES (FIRST TIME!). OMG :eek::eek::eek:. Can you say legs & glutes o'fire??? What an awesome LB workout! For those have have not pulled that one out in awhile, I would encourage you to do so. The Body Blast series totally rocks :cool:.

Yesterdays' w/o was HS (cardio only). I'm still waiting for my gloves :mad:.

Sarah
Glad you and your fam loved the Jerk :p. I'm a big fan of all ethnic cuisine, but Caribbean tends to be one of my favs.
I agree about the will-power and food thing. We all have our "weaknesses" when it come to food (or anything, really). I have never tried the dumping salt over food thing at restaurants, but I will pack up 1/2 or more of my portion to go.
Thanks for the recipe! It looks super tasty :p. I will make it next week and let you know how much I loved it :).

Colleen
I just watched TWD last night. The episode was ok, but IMO this season is including a little too much foreplay for my liking! Just go kill the Governor and get it over with :mad:. Lol, but then the season would be over, right? :p

Marie
STS seems to be going by fast for you! You are doing such a great job sticking to your w/o's post-partum :).

Jen
Sorry to hear about your taxes being a let down :(. Hopefully you don't have to owe money.

Have a good w/e ladies!

Nat - I just did L and G a couple of weeks ago and forgot how much I enjoyed this one. This was my fist Cathe off of FitTV. I did this then went on Cathe.com and from there I was hooked.

Sarah

Happy Sunday fit ones :)

I have my sister's b-day party today so I'm posting now. Hopefully I have time to do cardio when I come back.

Yesterday's w/o was GYM STYLE CHEST & TRI'S :eek::eek::eek:. Seriously Cathe? I'm not worthy :eek:. My entire UB is in a severe DOMS state today -- even my back. I love Gym Style so much that I think I'm going to do an entire month of it! I'm also going to incorporate some XT 100RC's. I have not been very good these past few month at sticking to a rotation :eek:. Hopefully I can get back on track. I have my cousin's Baptism in a few weeks, so I want to look good ;).

Have a great Sunday everyone :)

Hello Friends.

Just lost my last post. : (

Big Favor PLEASE. Although, I will remind myself on my DROID and Laptop. The day after I (we) move to Texas, Tuesday April 9th, I must file unemployment to get my benefits for that week. Please remind me to look for my jobs, my passwords and to file. Working on stuff ahead of time to reduce worry. I'll have my laptop to job hunt the prior Sunday. Remind me by private messaging me or on FB. Thanks for your help.

Natty. Congrats on Gym Style. One series I don't own. Have fun at your sister's birthday.

Colleen. Yay! on the preorder. Hope to investigate all of your workouts online post move.

Marie. Good job on getting done with Meso 2 already! Thanks for reading my posts on FB.

Sarah. Love your recipes. Thanks for posting them.

Happy Sunday ladies!

Yesterday I did Mike D's Extreme Metabolic Burn and then 100 rep hip thrusts with 40 lb barbell. I realized it's been weeks since I did that! I had planned to do those once a week and then soemhow got sidetracked :eek:. I remembered why I loved them so much as my glutes were burning...gotta incorporate those more! :eek:

Today, I am torn about which workout to do...To the Max? Plyo legs? Afterburn? I keep changing my mind this morning! I guess I won't decide until I go to pop the disc in. ;)

Jen- I will try to remember to remind you! You will have so much going through your mind it will be tough to remember everything. I am such a list person. I'm constantly writing and rewriting my to do lists. If it isn't on the list, it doesn't get done!

Natty- have fun with your sisters birthday! I read someone on VF I think it was wrote how they were planning to combine Gym Styles, STS and XTrain. They were going to alternate weeks of each for 90 days to keep things interesting and fresh rather than trying to do a rotation of just one of the systems. That sounded really cool to me! I'm glad you like Gym Styles!
Regarding Walking Dead, I've been loving this season so far. I do wish and hope Rick gets it together though, since I like it more when he's in charge and control rather than falling apart like he has been. Love Merle being in the mix now! :D Andrea needs to kick it soon, though. They have really wrecked her character, imo. :(

Marie- Great job on Meso 2! I'm curious what you'll think of the UY: Cardio. That one and Vitality were the only two so far that I didn't totally love. Which is funny, since I figured I would love the Cardio one the most! The end of Cardio was good but the first 28 minutes or so were really repetitive, I thought. Did you ever get Short and Sweet, too?

Sarah- Those cranberry pecan muffins sounded sooo yummy! :eek: That recipe sounded awesome, too! Maybe I could hire you as my personal chef? :p

Have a great Sunday ladies!

Colleen, I have a list plus reminders on my phone and laptop. Realized this morning I had to do it.

Today was my yoga day! In love with Sundays. I did UY Cardio today and 10 minutes of meditation. Like you said Colleen, it is very repetitive. I found if I didn't focus on my breathing and stay in the moment I got bored. I found it funny though how Travis said we are going to sweat profusely. Yeah not so much for me. Has he ever done Cathe ;) Speaking of sweating I did Intensity yesterday for the first time. Oh my, that one is killer. Perfect name for it :)

B and I went to the library today and got a bunch of new books. We read everyday and I was getting so sick of the ones we had.

And guess what?! He rolled from back to front :) ....but mama missed it :( He just had a up-the-back blow-out so I was in the other room pre-washing his clothes. I come back and he on his tummy chewing on a toy. I was in shock. I went up to him and of course gave him love and was telling im how proud I was and how much I loved him. He was probably thinking yeah no big deal quit freaking out mama. Love my baby :)

Colleen- Ummm ok fire breathing. I though it was something else when you first mentioned it. As you know we did it at the end of the Cardio workout. I thought I was going to pass out lol. I do not like it. Way to get your preorder in. Not sure why I'm waiting. I should just get it over with as I know I'm going to do it. I didn't buy short and sweet. I am loving all the longer ones though so it may be a possibly in the future. So which workout did you decide on?

Natty- YAY for getting a Target! I'm stoked for you! Nothing better ;) B and I spend way too much time there. I LOVE that place. Dork alert ;) Tony and I have been together for 15 years. So hard to believe. We met right after high school in our first year of college. MN is in the north. It borders Ontario and Manitoba. I had to look up where Betty White was from and she is from Illinois, which is close to MN. I hope you're feeling those DOMS from L and G :)

Jen- Sorry about your taxes. That is a bummer. Tony and I still have to get ours done. We keep putting it off.

Sarah- I love that idea of putting salt all over your food. I need to remember that as I am a picker too. I'm always am like well I might as well just finish it now cuz a to-go bag is going to be pretty much useless. I need to ask for one right away.Your muffins sound amazing! Hope they were tasty!

Last edited:
Update on Tony's fast. He was craving protein super bad one night and had some cashews. Then he splurged and had a few potstickers. He is back at it now though and feeling good. I am soaking some almonds for him overnight tonight so he can juice those tomorrow. Hopefully that will help with the cravings. Everyone needs protein in some form. I'd be starving without it. He has lost some weight already. He doesn't weigh himself but he can tell with the way his clothes fit.

Hello everyone :)

My w/o yesterday was Cardio Leg Blast minus weights (a mix I made in my blender). My hope was that it would be like a 30min hiit w/o, and YES IT WAS!

I'm calling the school this week to get Bella enrolled. I'm excited, but nervous and apprehensive at the same time. She gets along great with other kids, but with adults (non-family) she tends to become super shy. My head is spinning with all the "peanut/nut-free" rules we have in our schools. Now I heard that eggs might be banned too! UGH! I understand the need for precaution (nut allergies are no joke), but it will make preparations for lunch/snacks a bit difficult for me. Bella loves snacks with nuts (almonds/pistachios) :(. I'm just waiting for the day when our schools become gluten-free :rolleyes:. Anyhoo, wish me luck this week!

Colleen
I like the idea of mixing STS, XT, GS :eek:. I also have a problem committing to a series for longer than 1 month.
I saw the article about Pink from the blog you recommended. It really pissed me off! I think she looks absolutely fabulous! And not "too" muscular at all, just nicely sculpted. I would die to look like that! Does that mean there is something wrong with me :rolleyes:.

Marie
Oh ya, Intensity is BRUTAL! I absolutely love the hiit high/low section!
Glad to hear Tony is doing ok. He has amazing willpower OMG.
Love the pics of your lil' man :). Congrats on him rolling too! Bella was a "late" roller (I think :confused:) but a very early walker. It's like she totally surpassed the crawling phase :(.
Mark and I have also been together for 16yrs. We met at a very early age though, 10yrs old.
I had no idea MN bordered Manitoba and Ontario! That's pretty cool :cool:.

Jen
You don't own Gym Style??? I'm really surprise to be honest. That series kicks major booty :eek:.
Wishing you a smooth transition and move to TX :).

Quickie check in...

Yesterday I did my usual Sunday marathon and today is my rest day . I did XTrain Bi's and Tri's (express premix rounds 4-9) and Burn Sets (shoulders only). Then I did To the Max. I swear, weights tire me out so much more than cardio! After the doing the weight work, I almost felt like taking a nap. I made myself go on though since I really wanted to do TTM. Once I finished, I felt more energized then when I started!

Natty- I read that article about Pink, too and I think I saw RED! :mad: Some of the comments crawled under my skin big time, too. :( How is society going to change when people keep reinforcing these types of body negative stereotypes as in "women need to be skinny with no muscle" aka "weak is sexy". Pi$$es me off to no end! :mad: The way these magazines like Star and other celebrity rags pick apart women's bodies just makes a little part of me die each time I read about it. I could go on and on with this rant but I gotta get going!

ttyl!

My poor baby is sick. He was up every 2 hours last night. He has a cough and stuffy nose. The Dr said RSV is going around. No fever. Clear lungs. Gave him Tylenol. I can just tell he doesn't feel good. My poor baby. I called in to work. Just can't leave him when he feels like this.

No workout for me today. B is sleeping in my arms so I suppose I could put him down and go workout but he need me right ; )

Natty- 10 years old. Wow! That is so cool :) Good luck with Bella. That is going to be hard with lunches. Makes sense but still limits what you can pack. Anything is better than the lunches the school offers though I bet. Maybe they have gotten better but I remember hating school lunches. Much healthier to bring your own. Good luck to Bella. She seems like sweet girl.

Colleen- Marathon workout is right. Nice job!

Hi Sarah and Jen.

I didn't read that article on Pink but I'm sure I would be blazing. As one of my past favorite fitness instructors used to say Strong is sexy!

Hello Friends.
Is it Friday yet?

Natty. Didn't buy it since I had MM and others. Glad you like GS. Thanks for your well wishes.

Colleen. Hard for me to nap post-workout. Easier beforehand. Congrats on the marathon.

Marie. Love the pics of B on FB. Love his smile.

Sarah. Love your recipes.

Update:
Packing is fun and frustrating. About 5 boxes with TV are going UPS while others will be on moving van. Cats are freaked out by everything. To avoid massive debt, came to the realization I need to use part of my IRA. But, I will still have lots of money in there and my unemployment.
Signing property rental agreement today for my home since a friend is interested in it. Tomorrow is Travel Agent. Two weeks, I go out to lunch with 2 of my former supervisors away from the building. I believe some honesty on changes will occur. Plus, dinner with a singles group. Hope to see my family before I leave.
Packing burns 222 calories per hour.
Will be posting sporadic. On April 8th, Lord-willing, you'll know when I get to my new place. Seems far away but isn't.

Hi everyone :)

I got Bella enrolled at school yesterday! Her school looks really nice, and the staff seemed very friendly. I have decided that when Bella starts school, I will be looking for a p/t job, just to keep me busy while she is there. I can't just stay home, relax, workout, take nice leisurely walks all day (although that would be pretty awesome if you ask me ;)). Her school is full day, 5 days/week, but I think that might be too much for a 4yr old, so I am going to start her out with 3 days and see how that goes. Wish me luck!

Yesterday was my rest day btw. My whole body was DOMS'ing, and I needed the rest. Today was a different story :eek:. Mark is off work and went swimming with Bella, so I got to workout at a very glamorous time :D. I just finished hiit 40/20 + 3 mile Leslie walk/jog intervals. I muted the workouts (both Cathe & Leslie) and played Songza instead: Hip Hop Cardio, 90's & 80's Hits, Rock Classics. Great workout today!!!

Colleen

It's funny how certain workouts affect everyone differently. Cardio just kills me! And my appetite goes through the roof too (I'm anticipating a hunger surge very shortly :p).
Loved this SUnday's episode of TWD :eek:. It looks like Rick might be getting it together again! I absolutely love Michonne! Her and Daryl are my fav character's now! If either of them get killed off :mad::mad::mad:.

Marie
B is such a happy baby, OMG the cuteness is just too much! But I'm so sorry he got sick :(. I remember Bella getting sick around 6 months, and then she got a really high fever at 1yrs. Luckily, the majority of the time, they bounce back so quick!
BTW, there are no school lunch programs in Catholic Elementary Schools. You must provide snacks and lunches for the kids everyday. I think 1X/week, they have a pizza lunch catered-in.

Jen

Can you believe I have moved a total of 7 times in 15yrs! IT SUCKS BIG TIME!!! And we want to get a house again soon, which means this will be our 8th time!!!! UGH :mad:. The cats will hate it, but they'll get over it. Mine would hide for days while the house was in shambles. While they were being moved, they would pee/poo in the carrier. When they got to the new place, the girl kitty took longer to adjust then my baby boy (the one who died :(). They NEVER had an issue with spraying once in the new place (thank goodness!). Hope things go as smoothly as possible for you!

Have a kick-butt day ladies!

Last edited:
So sorry, I have been so busy. I can't believe I let that many days slip away without posting. So Saturday was an all day wrestling tournament, but before I left I got up and did Hiit 30/30 in my PJ's. I was probably an awful site. Sunday was my rest day so I took a walk with the dog/hubby. We also took a partial (2ft wide) wall down that was kind of dividing the space between the kitchen and family room. Monday's WO was TTM and I made it all the way through, that's what I'm talking about! It was great. I also took a 3 mile walk with the pooch (my belly and the dog). Today I have already been on a 3 1/2 mile jog and just ended my favorite part of the day. Coffee and chocolate oatmeal (thanks Nat). I have been eating it every morning for breakfast and it's really helping with not feeling deprived. I will also do some UB today. I also have to go help mummify bananas at school, I do it every year.

What is your guy's opinions on the High STep DVD's of Cathe's? I have none, I also don't have a high step though. Am I missing out? I'm trying to figure out what to by with the upcoming pre sale.

Jen - I love GS and am so surprised you don't have those. Packing fun? I hate moving! If I never move again I would be a happy lady, unless it's to Alaska.

Nat - I was thinking you would probably get a PT job. I know staying at home isn't for everyone. I really have no desiree to work, TBH. I would like to have my own business of some sort. Often I feel lonely though because there just aren't to many SAHM left. School 7 days a week? No school lunches? Did I tell you guys that is how I punish my kids. That is the very worst thing to them. I make them take hot lunches when they hit each other. I have very strong opinions on the peanut allergies and not being allowed to bring peanuts in lunches. They would never be able to make up rules like that here. It's a pretty poor community and if families weren't able to pack PB that would eliminate an entire food group. I am down with doing GS for a month. Let me know when if your going to. I will with you.

Marie - Aren't they pitiful when they are sick. My boy still is. I love childrens books. I felt kind of sad when that was over. I still like to look around at the picture books. There are some great ones. The True Story of the Three Little Pigs. Stinky Cheese Man. Diary of a Worm and the sequels are great. Pictures of B are so cute, thanks. I have been friends with my hubby since 1989, we didn't start dating until 1991. We got married in 1998. This year will be our 15th anniversary. The famous poop right up and out the crack. I tried to patent an idea for diapers. They need a pocket in the back. If you make a fold about 1" in the back before you put it on it helps. It creates a "little poo pocket".

Colleen - I agree about the weights. They exhaust me as well. The cardio almost energizes me. I did the same thing with those 100 rep hip thrusts. I had super good intentions of doing them once a week, then I got sidetracked. Oy vay! I also really want to get on the ball for doing the rear delt focus.

Sarah

OOO, I forgot also I made (meatless Monday) Bobby Flay's oatmeal pancakes with maple glazed roasted apples. It was really good. I let my batter rest for about 30 minutes so they would bake up lighter and not as dense. With a little whip cream on top it was good.

Sarah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.