We're In This Together (02/17-02/24)

mini-natty

Cathlete
Good morning everyone :)

Woke up to step in cat poop :mad:. What a way to start the day @6:30am. Not only did I step in poop, there was massive amounts of kitty litter all over the carpet's in the hallway. All I wanted to do was sit and have my coffee and breakfast, but I had to clean poop off my feet and then proceed to vacuum the damn carpet. All while my daughter decides to harass my cat while pulling his hair :mad:. Toddlers and animals just don't mix.

On the upside, I am feeling a nice bout of DOMS in my UB. TBT never disappoints, especially those dive bomber's :eek:

Question for the die hard stepper's here, how is Rhythmic Step? I was looking at the clips and it looked fun! With the download special going on, I can get 3 older Cathe workouts for under $25. I am getting antsy.

Gotta run! Hope everyone's day is a great one :)

Jen, I am sorry I did not respond to your post on the other thread, so I brought it over here so I could :)

(quote)
"For myself, Detroit was a success. There is person in charge of recruiting/hiring who LIKES me alot. Him and I connect for some reason. I think I told him I was open to moving back home to metro Detroit. I think he will assist in my internship and possibly employment there. Also, my new "friend." No report on his car. Him and I need to talk but it must come from him cause I wont push it. Yesterday, it confirmed I must take care of myself and if he wants to get to know me, he must man-up about it.
In MI, there are more job opportunities in Detroit than in Grand Rapids."

I am so happy Detroit was a success for you! They always say, it's not what you know, it's WHO you know, so if the hiring guys likes you, then you have an advantage. I really like how honest and candid you are with your "friend". It's good you left the communication lines open for him to pursue things with you (if that's what you both want).

Gotta run to Wal-Mart! TTYL

Natty, thanks for starting the new thread.
It is snowing here in MI plus it's been a long day. I got a call for an opportunity to do what I was previously doing plus it pays bills but isn't what I desire to do. No workouts tonight. Shoveling in the AM to help a friend out on Saturday.

Good morning :)

Snowing like crazy here. I thought it was over :(

Yesterday's w/o was LIC. It's not often that I stop a w/o half way through (which I did), but I was just utterly exhausted. With practically no sleep and being TTOTM, I had nothing in me.

Today is another day. I have Imax2 on my rotation. Hopefully I can give it my all and burn off some of that pizza I had last night :eek:

Hope everyone is doing well :)

TTYL

Yah, it's Saturday and right now, no Shovel Max. Today, I am helping a friend out with her errands. I am happy to do it but I don't want it to become regular either. She just called and thought I would be available all day for her. Not.
My workout today should be STS-Total Body.
For work, I am moving forward with an internship in Detroit and applying to the State again where my friend might be able to advise me. Keeping expectations with him to the mimimum.
Natty-LOVE IMAX2!!! I heard the blast premix was great too. Sorry about stopping thru LIC on being tired, I've done that when I get burnt out.
Have a Great Day!!

I just ordered 4-Day Split!!! I was in sort of a crappy mood all week and this really lifted my spirits!!! Now all I need is a vacation to the Caribbean and I'm set...

Jen
That was very nice of you to help your friend w/errands. You made me laugh when you said the "not" part :D. I don't mind helping others, but I have also learned how to say "no" too. You can't do everything for everyone all the time. I think as women, we take on way too much. You gotta know when to draw the line, or risk getting seriously burnt out.

Enjoy STS Total Body. Are you considering doing another rotation of STS?? Maybe when I get STS (one day hopefully) we can do a rotation together. I would do the STS/Shock Cardio or STS/LIS. I can't imagine not doing cardio w/weights. I think I would seriously gain weight. That's my body though, everyone responds differently.

TTYL

Natty, Years ago, I got burned from helping others out to the point they expected me to be there for them for everything. No longer. Much of my own doing too when I realized it went from being helpful to being used. Coming back from the program, I give her a ride to her home all the time. Wasted about half the day already waiting to hear from her again when I could've been doing some much needed solo road therapy to other cities.
My next rotation for STS is planned after I graduate from my program in late April-not sure how that would fit into your plans. But, doing it together, would be fun.

Nobody told me I was up on the rotation to have sick kids again. I had my two daughters home yesterday. One had been up since 4 on Friday morning vomiting. I too hadn't been feeling well all week and tryed to push through, because I didn't want to scew up the STS/LIS rotation. It caught up to me Friday and I couldn't stop coughing. So at that point my husband (lovely day off for him) was annoyed with me, and made take cough syrup, 2 different kinds that we had tucked away from previous illnesses. I was dizzy and felt slighty high. I decided not to write you guys under the influence. I also didn't work out : (

Today I woke feeling much better, except for my neck has a pinch in it. Im hoping I can pop a few advel and be good to go for Athlectic Training. Who am I kidding, I think LIC would be more doable today.

Nat - I'm glad you got 4-day split. I thought there was a chance of me gaining with STS as well. The first meso (endurance) was where I lost like 8 pounds. and I was down to a weight i hadn't been at since early high school.

JT - It's nice of you to help your friend, hopefully you can get some stuff too, and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I'm such a loner most of the time. Maybe I would grocery shop more if I had someone to go with. I only go about once every 2 weeks which for a family of five is a long time.

Sarah

Natty-Thanks to Sarah for noting it, CONGRATS ON 4DS!! You WILL Love it. There are technically 8 workouts before premixes so you will find what you like.
Sarah-Hope you're feeling better.

Sunny and warm for MI today. One of my cats got sick when I was gone plus one got sick last night. No doctor yet.
My friend's errands ended short cause we went to a local cafe and ate huge then to the library and a loud kids program was on then to a shoe repair store that had a strong armoma.
Moving forward with Detroit, I did some correspondence last night to get things going for an internship. Jobs, my friend could help me with one but he hardly knows me so the risk factor will be there unless we sit down and talk...so other things will do.
Also, the person whom I took for errands informed me I no longer have to give her a ride home from the program which means I might be able to work out those nights. Yahoo!!

Good evening everyone!
I hope you guys had a better Saturday than mine. I had bad news at job,came home from work pretty stressed and willing to workout to steam off and instead Ds didn't nap so no time to get my endorphins and ended up eating too much and too much carbs too :(
This makes me feel so miserable....I hate when I can't workout and really know that I need it more than everything else...Hope to catch up tomorrow,or at least to wake up in a good temper.
Sarah : so sorry about you and your family still hit by flu and illness! This year flu has been particularly nasty here in Italy too, lots of people still fighting with high fever, vomit, cough and cold and we can't see the end of it.You are in my prayers, no more illness for you this year, you've already paid the toll!

Natty: congrats on your new purchase! I have rhytmic step too and I like it a lot, the coreography is a bit tricky but also fun to do! About the rotation, I'm enjoying it a lot even if it's really demanding for me, I really try to commit to that but a 5 days lower body rotation would be easier for me to follow

JT: how are your cats? I haven't got pets but used to have dogs and remeber how I suffered when they were ill,they were part of the family.From what I read you have a lot of stuff going on...Hope to hear from you soon great development...I'm so excited for you,so many changes, new relationships...keep us updated

Time to go to sleep now, night night everybody!

I didn't do Imax2........I DID IMAX1!!! Woweee!!!! That w/o is some serious, insane, step cardio. For some reason, Imax2 is not that hard for me, but Imax1 gets me every time. I think I burned off my pizza from last night :)

Sarah
I am so sorry to hear about all the illnesses going on in your house. It sucks when kids are sick (even worse is when your DH get sick. Damn babies). You really made me laugh! The "high" part just killed me! Don't feel bad about not working out. Hey, s**t happens. We are not here to judge anyone, so don't feel guilty. BTW, you should have checked in under the influence. That would have made for some serious funny reading let me tell ya! I really hope you and the kids feel better soon.
Regarding STS and weight gain/loss, did you do strictly weights or did you add cardio?
Ellie
I am so sorry to hear about your stress at work and your son not napping. He is 2 right? I found that around that age, there are lots of sleeping disruptions w/naps and bedtime. Try putting him on one nap after lunch (if he still takes 2) and no late napping or else they won't want to go to sleep at night. I tried my hardest to keep that one nap (and I mean HARD) but Bella dropped it at around 2 1/2. This sucks cuz' I know she still needs it but as the saying goes "you can lead a horse to water but you can't force them to drink". I know so many kids at 2 who stopped napping, it's not uncommon. But of course, only YOU know what's right for your child, no one else.
I find the rotation very demanding also. I have been fitting in 6 days faithfully, but like you, 5 days is more realistic. We all try our best and do what we can right? I know so many people who don't even workout. Hope next week is better :).
Jen
Your poor kitties :(. I know exactly how you feel. Two years ago my boy cat almost died from severe pancreatitis. He was days away from death. I knew something was not right and so we brought him to the vet asap. $1000 later (oh man I still cringe at that) he was brought back to full recovery. I just could not see him go out like that if he could be saved. I love that little guy. But I am sure your cat will be ok. You will instinctively know if something is not right and requires medical attention. Please keep us posted.

Have a good night everyone. Off to make myself a small martini.....;)

Seville and Madrid are doing fine, they were my emotional support during STS-Total Body. Between Adrian before he passed away and Seville and Madrids vet bills totalled about 5K. Adrian passed from kidney failure and both Seville and Madrid had feline bronchitis or kennel cough. Madrid was on a feeding tube for 10 days due to dehydration and starvation, I almost lost him within one week of him coming home at 12 weeks old. Seville got better when Madrid was in the hospital.
Natty-Congrats on IMAX1, I think you burnt off everything for the past couple days. I don't even own this workout.

Next week, I start LIS solo but have two more weeks of the actual program then things are different through April 24th.

I'm back girls! We went to a indoor waterpark/resort in Warren, WI for sort of a mini vacation. It was fun but boy do I feel bloated and yucky. We totally binged on every food/drink you can imagine that'll make you retain water. Pizza, chips/fritos, cheeseburger/fries, beer...I feel like the sodium queen! Ugh.
Time to get a workout in! I'm thinking maybe CCC and STS disc 19...we'll see if I manage all of that!

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday!!
Colleen

No dual workouts here just Turbo barre. I had a great nap today. No program till Tuesday so I have time to get stuff done.

Welcome back Colleen! Sounds like you had a great time at the indoor water park. We have a huge one here in Niagara falls, but I have never been. Perhaps this year :). Going on vacation always ensures you eat like crap (well I do anyway). Burgers, fries, ice cream, chips, oh man it's mega calorie city! That's ok, it's not like you do it often. What the heck, you gotta live life too. If you did CCC, you burned lots of it off. That w/o is craaaazzzyyyyy. BTW, I was doing Imax1 the other day, and was thinking of you (ok awkward). No really, I was thinking "man, Colleen would really like this one ". The step choreo is super simple (more athletic based) and the blasts are TOUGH. It's harder than 2 but not as hard as 3 IMO.

Today I went for a lovely lunch with DH (sans child yay!!!) at my fav Thai restaurant in downtown Toronto called The Green Papaya. I feasted on a fried spring roll, mango salad, curry Pad Thai and a Lychee Martini. I was in foodie heaven! Even though I ate all that food, I did not feel sick or stuffed, just very satisfied. Perhaps it was from all the walking you are forced to do while downtown. I rarely observe people closely, but since I don't get out much anymore, I was "checking out" all the people walking. The majority were fit, good looking, healthy. It's winter too!! Lot's of runners, people walking their dogs, mom's out with strollers. I wonder if anyone works out to Cathe?? :D

Jen
It's so sweet the way you talk about your cats. Animals are so loving, emotional, caring, honest, loyal. More than I can say about human beings sometimes. I know how attached you get. When these little buggers go, my heart will be broken. I hope Seville and Madrid are feeling better.
How did Turbo Barre go? Man that workout slays me left, right & center.

No workout today. I am tired as heck.

Good night everyone!

TB was a bear with Madrid being my support.
Natty-Your dinner sounds delicious!! Toronto is a good walking city.

IKEA is calling my name today plus I am considering applying to General Motors, I'm sure my Grandpa would be rolling in his grave since he was an engineer at Ford. Very strong loyalty in the auto industry. This week and next of program then my internship starts with my 3 day simulation which will cover most of March. Hoping to work for a company in Detroit online here at home.

VERY long chat with my friend tonight on FB. We get along pretty well. Time will only tell.

Morning ladies!
Sunday night insomnia hit again last night to sabotage my plans for a Monday morning workout.:mad: Plus my kitty was stalking me under the bed last night and startled me awake several times. If a hand or foot fell off to the side of the bed he would jump up and attack it! Then this morning when my husband was in the shower I woke up to the little stinker right by my face sleeping and purring away. Brat!;)

I finally tried the CCC cardio only premix. It wasn't too bad, although I take a lot of the high impact moves to the rebounder. I'm not sure if that makes it easier or not...but it sure is easier on my knees and fun too! I do the tuck jumps, air jacks, t-hops (little t though, not much room on that thing!), high jogs and regular jumping jacks on there. STS gave me some pleasant DOMS too. You know the kind where you can feel slightly sore but not so crazy that you can't do normal activities? :D

Natty- I checked out clips of IMAX 1 last night after reading your post. I can't wait to get a cardio club step now to try out these routines. I can't decide if I should get that first or the turbotower. I was really wanting the tower yesterday for the barbell. It's hard to go too heavy for some of those exercises without it...plus I promised myself I would do a real pull up before I turn 40!
I saw Cathe quoted you in her weekly newsletter/email thing that gets sent to my blackberry!! Congrats! I was geeking out for you big time!:D I also saw your thread about Target coming to Canada. You are going to love Target! It's so much better than Wal-Mart, sort of more upscale and just plain nicer.
Jen-good luck with your friend! It sounds like it's coming along nicely;).
Ellie- I hope your Sunday and Monday are going better than your Saturday!! Hopefully this awful winter will let up for you guys soon. Nothing like sunshine to lift the spirits. Even when things aren't going perfectly well I always feel better when it's nice outside!
Sarah- I hope your feeling better!!
Talk to you all later!
Colleen

Good morning to me!!! Ahhhh my quote is in this weeks newsletter!!! I feel so giddy right now, holy moly!!!! I can't believe it, seriously. I know it's just a quote, but still :eek:

Today is Family Day here in Ontario. This means an officially paid holiday for anyone who is employed (like any other paid holiday like Christmas). SAHM's don't get paid time off..........but we should damn it!!! Some Ontario residents/employers were pissed when this holiday came into effect about 4 years ago, yet some love it. Financially, Ontario is not doing great, we have a huge amount of debt, and our premier totally screwed us when he got elected (I think that's the equivalent of your mayor or something like that). I hate politics, just talking about it makes my blood boil :mad:

Today's w/o is Hiit 30/30. I may add on 30min of something else too depending on how much I get slayed.

Colleen
I had a rebounder too, and yes I am going to have to say that you are somewhat "cheating" ;). The impact on the floor vs the rebounder reduces some of the intensity from moves like tuck jumps, air jacks ect. If mine had not broken, I would have taken this route too, especially since my knee's are temperamental. But CCC on the floor would wipe your booty out!!! As for getting a tower or step, what do you think you will use more? I use my step almost everyday. It's not only good for step aerobics, but it serves as a great bench too for chest presses. You like AT right? Try doing it on a full cardio club step on 10 inch! That workout is a force to be reckoned with. But only you know what you will use more.

Jen
Ikea is getting a visit from me this week ;).
Happy you are talking with your "friend". Yes, only time will tell. Patience is definitely a virtue.

TTYL :)

Today it's sunshine and warmer weather here. Went to bed really late then woke up too early so my errands are behind.
My workout today is Athletic Training.
My conversation with my friend last night involved lots of stuff. We got along well, not perfect.
Long week with the program with meetings and mixers. Hope to land a job soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.