We're In This Together (01/20-27)

mini-natty

Cathlete
Hello ladies!

I guess I will start this off before my little girl starts pulling on my leg.........

Yesterday I was at the Science Centre here in Toronto, Canada with my family. First time for Izabella. She went nuts!!! SO much fun!! Good thing was we were walking for a nice solid 3 hours. Bad thing, we went to eat dinner afterwards at this awesome burger joint called Licks. Could not resist the homeburger with EVERYTHING!! Dear heaven almighty :p. Of course, I felt guilty afterwards since this week has been pretty bleh for me workout-wise (TTOTM) and so I got my sweat-on when we came home (cardio supersets). Today I feel as though I can start pushing it again, so I am going to go HARD. I think a Hardcore Extreme is in order.........I have been avoiding that one :eek:

Have a good one! :D

Don't feel bad about a burger especially if it was delicious. I think you may have burned it off already.

I did the same thing last night except it was a yummy Mexican dinner out with my family! Oh man, I don't eat to the stuffing point too often anymore and I was really feeling it last night!:eek: I'm feeling a little off this week too but I think it's a little bit of pms unfortunately. Despite that, today I did the work out by Paul Katami called Burn and Build. It was my day off so I could really go for it. Since I wasn't feeling totally up to snuff I feel like the workout suffered a little but I still made it to the end! :D Now, I have very little energy to do any housework! Oh well. :) Tomorrow is going to be my day off and then Sunday will be disc 10 of STS. I'm so looking forward to be done with Meso 1 chest work...push ups are not my favorite!
Colleen

ttotm

After an hour, I finally figured out what this was short for. When I went to text my husband that I needed him to pick up tampons at the store for me. I realized all of a sudden. I already learned something from you guys.

Sarah

PS - I did ab ripper x, and sts disc 2 today.

I did the same thing last night except it was a yummy Mexican dinner out with my family! Oh man, I don't eat to the stuffing point too often anymore and I was really feeling it last night!:eek: I'm feeling a little off this week too but I think it's a little bit of pms unfortunately. Despite that, today I did the work out by Paul Katami called Burn and Build. It was my day off so I could really go for it. Since I wasn't feeling totally up to snuff I feel like the workout suffered a little but I still made it to the end! :D Now, I have very little energy to do any housework! Oh well. :) Tomorrow is going to be my day off and then Sunday will be disc 10 of STS. I'm so looking forward to be done with Meso 1 chest work...push ups are not my favorite!
Colleen

OMG Burn & Build!! Love it!!!!!!!! Paul is oh so dreamy.........and a good trainer too. Forgot about that :eek:

PMS gets me every time :mad:

I heard Meso 1 had lots of push-ups. That would not go over well with me. Hate those dreaded things! Good luck though. Just picture Paul beside you while you are doing them ;)

After an hour, I finally figured out what this was short for. When I went to text my husband that I needed him to pick up tampons at the store for me. I realized all of a sudden. I already learned something from you guys.

Sarah

PS - I did ab ripper x, and sts disc 2 today.

Ya, I just figured that one out last week :eek:

Ab ripper x? Sounds tough. Anything with the name "ripper" in it sounds scary :eek: Hate ab work, but I should do it more. I have that little pregnancy pooch that won't DIE.

STS, meso 1? Good luck. I heard the push-ups are KILLER!!

I know I said I was going to do a Hardcore today, but I did Imax2 instead (I wanted something fun). Wowee, loving that one! Dare I say, it's a bit on the easy side. That long 30 sec break in the middle just spoiled me. I was thinking "should I do jumping jacks or something?". Compared to Imax3, Intensity and even Imax1, that one is a cake-walk.

Tonight is bbq ribs made in my slow cooker. Ok, not the healthiest, but we love em'!! I only have 2 small pieces, so YES I CAN indulge. My sides are green beans and whole wheat couscous. Delish!

Have a great night ladies!

(I am undecided what tomorrow's workout will be. I have to fit it in when my daughter is sleeping. Maybe Turbo Barre. We'll see.....)

This week I decided to enjoy the entire Intensity series. This has been my week so far:

Mon: Boot Camp and Pyramid Upper Body
Tues: Imax 2
Wed: HIIT 30/30 and Total Body Stretching
Thurs: Muscle Endurance
Fri: MMA Boxing (heavy bag) and MMA Kickbox

Tomorrow I plan to do Cardio & Weights and Pyramid Lower Body. I get so excited about my Saturday workouts because there are no time restraints. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Today, Saturday, I plan to do Shovel Max in the morning (next hour or so) then BMX2 later tonight. Sunday, Cardio Fusion (havent done either in a longtime)

JT

Sorry about all that snow :mad:
Why do you keep trying to do BM2 when shoveling is harder than any tough Cathe video?? Why not a "light" workout like........ummm........what Cathe video is easy again???? :confused: Oh I forgot NONE :eek:

Nikki

Your workout schedule scares & impresses me. Who am I kidding? If I had no time restraints and could fit in 2 workouts in a day, I would totally do it. Oh well, maybe in like 5-10 years :(

Have a good one!

As I sit here this morning my whole body is one big DOMS mess! Note to self: don't do Burn and Build while you are doing an STS rotation. Too much! :eek: I was a little leery that I might be pushing myself into over training by doing that and it turns out, yup.:eek:

Nikki- I know what you mean about days off being so fun for working out with no time constraints. I am constantly trying to squeeze my workouts in during the week and it's so tough to get up early. After two years of training myself to be an early bird it's still a huge struggle! I am so dang groggy in the morning it takes a good hour and lots of coffee to work up the energy to workout!

On the happier side I made a to die for Chicken, sweet potato chili/soup thing last night! It's not too often I attempt new recipes and my husband actually likes it! He's very much a meat and potatoes (read: boring) eater!

okay, gotta hobble to the shower. :)

cokonkel said:
As I sit here this morning my whole body is one big DOMS mess! Note to self: don't do Burn and Build while you are doing an STS rotation. Too much! :eek: I was a little leery that I might be pushing myself into over training by doing that and it turns out, yup.:eek:

Nikki- I know what you mean about days off being so fun for working out with no time constraints. I am constantly trying to squeeze my workouts in during the week and it's so tough to get up early. After two years of training myself to be an early bird it's still a huge struggle! I am so dang groggy in the morning it takes a good hour and lots of coffee to work up the energy to workout!

On the happier side I made a to die for Chicken, sweet potato chili/soup thing last night! It's not too often I attempt new recipes and my husband actually likes it! He's very much a meat and potatoes (read: boring) eater!

okay, gotta hobble to the shower. :)

Sounds like a much needed rest day for you today. That sweet potato soup sounds really good. I like sweet potato anything.

Cokonkel, hope you're feeling better. Doubling up workouts can cause those DOMS for sure.As I shovel and workout in the same day.
For those of you who need to see snow, in my profile, I took some pics this morning of snow and sunshine in my neighborhood.

Colleen

How you pulled off Burn & Build AND STS is beyond me :eek: Holy Cow !!
Should I give you a high 5 or feel bad for ya? DOMS is a sweet misery.

Crappy cold day here :mad: Sunny but too cold to go for a walk like I had planned. Quiet day in the house with just my girl and the cats.

Wanted to share a yummy easy & fast breakfast I made. You can also eat this as a snack pre/post workout:

1 package cream of wheat
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbs peanut butter or any nut butter

you mix the cream of wheat & protein powder in a bowl. Add boiling water until desired consistency is reached. Add the peanut butter and stir. Very yummy :p

approx 250 cal

26 grams carbs
18 grams protein

One time I did this with dark chocolate chips and it was sooo tasty :p

I am undecided what my workout will be tonight. I am leaning towards TB since I didn't to a LB workout this week.

Actually Natty I'm leaning toward self pity! LOL Seriously, though, I know I over did it. Lesson definitely learned! I'm going to try and stick to just regular cardio on my off days from STS from here on out. It's so tough because I have so many great circuit/metabolic conditioning with weights workouts up on my shelf that I'm starting to miss them. Burn and Build was calling me! ;)

If anyone is interested in the recipe for the chicken/sweet potato soup it really was awesome. Here it is:

3-4 cooked chicken breasts (diced)
2 cans white canellini or navy beans (I happened to have 1 can of each in the pantry)
1 can diced green chilis
2 sweet potatoes (diced), or about 2 cups
4-5 cups chicken broth
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
1 tblsp cumin or chili powder, or to taste (I used Emerils southwest seasoning)
1/2 tsp chipotle powder
1 small onion diced
1 10 oz pkge chopped frozen spinach
1 tblsp olive oil

simmer all ingredients until sweet potatoes are tender and flavors are nicely blended. Nummy! With the spices I kind of just dash away until the flavor seems right to me so the measurements are sort of an estimate.
Have a great day ladies! :)

Last edited:
Sweet potatoe

Colleen, you read my mind about the sweet potatoe soup recipe. I was so all over that the second I read it. I too have a meat and potatoes man. Add pizza, and Burger King to the menu and thats what I have. Last night we had rock cod, I decided not to fry it because we always have it fried and it kind of defeats the purpose of the fish being healthy. So I put a asian style glaze on it and steamed it. I thought it was good, everybody else was less than thrilled. Fish is so expensive I can't play with new recipes anymore. I have been getting such bad doms from STS that I've been having to postpone the next disc for a day later than it calls for. Walking helps me get rid of the soreness.

Nat - I LOVE peanut butter in my oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, and on my apples, and also on my finger. I recently got some vanilla protein powder to add for the protein boost. But I don't like it, what brand did you get?

Jen - We just got rid of our snow. We got 13". For where I live, is pretty unusual. I know, thats just the tip of your avalache. After the 13" inches and shoveling our drive way(1/4 of a mile) my husband was whinning about getting a snow blower. We have only ever seen that much snow maybe 3 time in 10 years. He's whimpy, on your behalf I will tell him to suck it up.

Nikki- Your obviously in kick butt and take names mode. Send a little of your mojo this way. You go!

I'm doing something today, not sure what. I was suppose to Zumba this morning with my mother, but couldn't take the kids, and couldn't leave the kids, so decided to stay home and do a video.

Sarah

oh, oh forgot to tell you guys!!!

This amazing Cathlete wanted to know if I wanted some Shock Cardio DVD's!!!! She was not a fan of them. Of course, I was psyched!!! How could I pass that up???? So now I have the whole collection!!! Here is what I got from her:

Step Moves
Athletic Step
ALL MMA's

The rest I have on downloads :)

As soon as I got them in the mail, I rushed home to preview them. Holy moly am I lucky or what? :eek:

She refuses to take money from me, so I am sending her a gift. Who can refuse a gift right?

Ok, so I tried a little of Step Moves, Athletic Step & Boxing. Step Moves seems to be out of my league until I practice more. I am not good at complex choreo. I was confused, but not discouraged. The rest looks like a lot of fun!! Oh happy day!! I feel like a little kid at Christmas :D

Colleen

recipe looks to die for! Thanks!

Sarah

the protein I have is called Pure Protein 100% Whey Vanilla Cream. Maybe a Canadian product though. I got it at Wal-Mart.

Last edited:
mini-natty said:
This amazing Cathlete wanted to know if I wanted some Shock Cardio DVD's!!!! She was not a fan of them. Of course, I was psyched!!! How could I pass that up???? So now I have the whole collection!!! Here is what I got from her:

Step Moves
Athletic Step
ALL MMA's

The rest I have on downloads :)

As soon as I got them in the mail, I rushed home to preview them. Holy moly am I lucky or what? :eek:

She refuses to take money from me, so I am sending her a gift. Who can refuse a gift right?

Ok, so I tried a little of Step Moves, Athletic Step & Boxing. Step Moves seems to be out of my league until I practice more. I am not good at complex choreo. I was confused, but not discouraged. The rest looks like a lot of fun!! Oh happy day!! I feel like a little kid at Christmas :D

Colleen

recipe looks to die for! Thanks!

Sarah

the protein I have is called Pure Protein 100% Whey Vanilla Cream. Maybe a Canadian product though. I got it at Wal-Mart.

Step Moves is much harder to learn than Athletic Step. I had to do that one about 4 times before I got it down. Once you learn it, it's alot of fun.

Sarah-are you in Seattle? Yes, I shovel snow sometimes twice a day. It is easier when its not so wet. More snow coming this next week. I took two or three days recovery on STS strength and my eating changed too.
Natty-You are SO blessed, I've never gotten through Step Moves but I LOVE every workout in that series. It compliments STS Strength very well. I think Cardio Core Circuit is my fave. A gift would be perfect.
Nikki-Congrats on getting Step Moves down, after two times, I gave up.
Colleen-your recipe sounds great. My Dad would love it.

Hope to do some Body Max 2 in a bit, need to turn off Guy Fieri.

On Body Max 2 after the final power circuit, Cathe says "We're In This Together," so cool.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.