We're In This Together **Sept**

Natty, It didn't even occur to me until you posted this. Wow, its September.

Deciding if I will go tomorrow for the service in metro Detroit. Talked to my Mom yesterday and she told me she lost classmates too at this age. Had to check on Michigan's game schedule and already knew MSU's. These two universities can cause major traffic on the interstates. Plus, I will be there on Thursday night too.

Took a long walk this morning. My back really started hurting me, like can't breathe deep kind of hurt. My back hasnt caused me that much discomfort for awhile now. Cleaned up my eating yesterday and today except for a banana dipped in some homemade hot fudge. For dinner last night I just had some fresh veggies from the garden with the kalbi marinated skirt steak.

Colleen- I cant remeber which one of the HC I ordered, its either vol. 2-3.

Rebekah - My son is TJ he is turning 9, my daughters are Kate and Taylor they are 10. I have been doing Cather since about 2002-2003 when I found he on fit TV. I ordered butts and guts as my very first so that one holds alot of sentimental value to me.

Now I cant remeber what was written on the previous thread :eek:

Sarah

Oh my gosh, Rebekah I finally got around to reading your story!! How inspiring! :D I must admit, I got a wee bit misty...okay I'm a total sap! :eek: Seriously, that's so crazy what you went through! I love that you hear Cathe's voice "You get what you give, so give alot!" from Afterburn! I LOVE that line and it always pumps me up when I get to it in AB! :D

Hi everyone :)

Today I went shopping for a new dress for my cousin' wedding next Saturday (Bella will be the flower girl :)). This Sunday is a baby shower sans child :D. I had the option to bring her, and I was like NO WAY! Let me have my food and alcoholic beverages in peace please ;). I have some pretty busy weekends ahead.

Today's w/o was The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga 50min. I cannot describe how much I love that workout! Last year I did it religiously 1-2x/week. It's amazingly well put together AND extremely challenging to boot :eek:. I still can't get past the last 10min segment without coming out of my plank pose and taking a break! It's a very humbling experience, even more so because some of the contestants/exercisers are on the bigger side but extremely fit! It's like they are not even breaking a sweat. I love it :)

Jen
I didn't post on OD, but of course you know I'm praying for you.
How are you feeling today?
BTW, my cats hold grudges too. I consider them my little people :).

Sarah
I wonder what happened to your back? Back problems are funny because most of the time you're not sure exactly what caused them :confused:. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Happy 9th b-day to TJ!! :cool:

Colleen
Way to go busting out CCC :D. I should do that one next week. You know I avoid it at all costs :eek:. Congrats on the tuck jumps too! I'm glad to hear your knee's are feeling better :). The soft landing truly does help.

Rebekah
Warning!! Colleen is one of the best, worst enabler's EVER! You know what, just run far far away, and take your credit card with you :eek:.
Thank you for the compliments also :eek:.
I [HEART] Turbo Barre!! It's funny cuz' I literally suck at leg lifts, and I'm cursing the whole time! I think I even cry a little.
Yup, playing in the park is indeed a workout! It burns lots of calories and keeps mommies w/young kids healthy and fit :).

Ok guys, have a great night & weekend :)

Hello every one!!!

Jen- I hope the traffic in Detroit calms down for you this weekend if you decide to go. Thinking of you!

Sarah- I am so sorry about your back :( I hope it starts to feel better soon. Homemade hot fudge sounds amazing, please send us some of these yummy desserts you are making! Butts and Guts is a great one! Thank goodness for FitTV, I found her on there also with KPC :)

Colleen- I'm glad you enjoyed my story! It is a part of my life I try to forget, but I am so glad I have come a long way since then! The worst part was missing so much of Addie's first month of life, but it has made me grateful that I am able to spend so much time with her every day now. I'm glad you like the quote too! Cathe has a lot of good lines! She has good timing with them too!

Natty- I will watch out for Colleen :) lol
I remember once when I was doing some "friendly lurking" I saw some one on a thread joke about having a flaming credit card icon on here! :p I do love TurboBarre, I might be crazy but I feel like my lower back looks better every time i do it, such a well rounded low impact, low intensity option, my triceps are always sore after the UB! I could go on and on :) hopefully she will make another one! I definitely have moments of cry/curse as well! Any time I am trying a "new"
Cathe "You've got to be kidding me!!" is said quite a few times :)
I hope you have a wonderful time at the baby shower! Enjoy some time to yourself! I know that is much needed once in a while :) WTG on biggest loser yoga!

Have a wonderful weekend all!

-Rebekah

Hi guys!!!!

I hope you are all having a great Saturday! The forums are lonely today!

Today I did Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible Lower Level 1&2, then finished up with the floor work from Cathe's Lower Body Blast. Wow are my glutes and hammies sore! It was my first time trying a trainer other than Cathe, but it was free on YouTube so I figured why not, there was nothing to lose. I like Cathe's personality much better, but Pauline is effective!

I look forward to hearing from you all!

-Rebekah

Hi everyone :)

Ghost town on the forums today.

I needed some pre-damage control for tomorrow's baby shower food and beverage feast :p, so I did the entire Step, Jump & Pump workout (70min).
OMG what a gem that one is! It almost feels a little too fun :D. Something about Cathe's older stuff just has this magical feeling to it. I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps it's the amazing music, her cheery & laid back personality, her funny comments, the fun step moves. I'm definitely fond of her older 90's era workouts.

Rebekah
I've never done a YouTube exercise video. I heard Body Rock is awesome! Have you done? I will check out the video you did though :). You can never do enough legs & glutes ;).
I agree with you on Turbo Barre. I hope Cathe makes more too. IMO, she hit that one WAY out of the park! :eek::eek:

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :cool:

Natty- Hello!! So happy to hear from some one :) I have been "friendly lurking" far too much today! Haha
I will have to check out Step, Pump and Jump. I am just now starting to explore some old Cathe's, I want the first Imax, it looks like a lot of fun! Incredible how she consistently looks amazing through the years, that is reason enough to exercise! :)
Today was my first go round with any YouTube exercise, i just couldn't resist a full video for free! She is a little repetitive, and at times obnoxious, (insert eye roll) haha but I am still burning and she did make me laugh several times which is always good! I have never tried Body Rock, I will have to take a look at that as well.
Have fun at the shower tomorrow! Enjoy your yummy food and beverages, you have certainly worked very hard this week!

Miss you Sarah, Colleen, and Jen!

Checking in to let you all know I made it home safely from metro Detroit. Memorial service was beautiful done by daughter. Saw lots of classmates today, good to reconnect with them although one or two was never on great terms. Did the construction weave on 275, weaving from lane shifts continually. Construction on 75 just south of downtown Detroit.
Was gone approx 12 hours.
Got a call from the guy from CA about doing biz in MI.
Two more scheduled trips back. Thursday is Novi, one week later is Livonia. Both posh hoods in the big city.
BBL on Sunday.

Morning ladies!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday! I was working until 1:00, then had to go to a one year old's birthday party, then wen went out with my sister, her husband and some of their friends to this "rock party" that this local radio station puts on every year downtown. It was fun, but since I'm not a big drinker these days and we got there at 5:30 I was ready to leave by 9:30!:eek:

Oh man, my upper back, traps, delts and forearms are super sore today!:eek: I was enabled again on VF:eek: and bought this new dvd set called Delta Fit metabolic conditioning. It actually wasn't too expensive...I wound up spending about $50 but there are 8 DVDs with 2-3 30 minute workouts on each disc and most of them that I previewed were actually quite good! The guy's name is BJ and he is REALLY silly though! Oh my goodness! lol He says the absolute goofiest things! I did the cardio kettlebell routine yesterday morning which was basically all variations of swings. I love swings! I didn't feel like the workout was that hard but now I'm feeling the DOMS big time! :eek:

I think today will be the standing portion of Lower Body Blast and one of my HC workouts...if my upper body can handle it! ;)

Rebekah- I totally agree on how amazing Cathe looks all through the years! Exercise is definitely the fountain of youth! :D I'm with Natty, too, I work my glutes and hammies like crazy! I can't get enough! It's so funny because it's almost like I've beaten my lower body into submission this year...I'm having a tougher time achieving DOMS status lately! :p

Natty- way to go on SJP! The choreography is tough on that one! It's funny because on VF those ladies that are hard on Cathe are the ones that still love "old Cathe". They are always mourning the loss of those 1990's step videos! lol I'm a weirdo/oddball on that forum in that I actually prefer "new Cathe":D Hmm, I may have to check out TBL weight loss yoga. I wasn't crazy about Bob's yoga for the warrior, although I like Jillian's...I just never seem to bust hers out.

Jen- I'm glad the funeral went smoothly. Bummer about traffic and road construction. Yuck. :(

Have a great Sunday girls! I think today is a Packers football day...although I don't really pay attention to the game. I just make the snacks for the boys! :eek:

Good morning gals :)

Yesterday's baby shower went really well. The food was phenomenal! The appetizer's included BBQ pork sliders, coconut butterflied shrimp, calamari, mini quiches, chicken and lamb mini-skewers. The main course was butternut squash risotto, grilled chicken leg, seasonal vegetables. The dessert table was great and my cousin's Dolce De Leche cupcakes were a hit! There was also a candy bar, which I'm not a fan of because I don't really like candy. A few people commented on how good I looked. Another cousin of mine asked if I was going to the gym. Although I'm starting to accept compliments with a "thank-you" now, I still feel a bit uncomfortable and modest sometimes. Is that normal? I just don't know how to handle myself in situations where women question what I'm doing health/fitness-wise.

Today's w/o will be the start of my new rotation with STS Legs W4. The reason I'm picking that disc every week is because it contains the bonus leg section w/drills on the stability ball and I want to really focus on my hammies :eek:.

Jen
I'm happy to hear you made it home safely. I'm glad the memorial service went well and you got to connect with your former classmates. I have some classmates from elementary school/high school on my FB.

Rebekah
If you like simple choreo, you'll LOVE Imax1!!! I find it to be extremely tough (intensity-wise), more than Imax2 and almost, if not the same as Imax3 :eek:. I think this week I will pull it out and give myself a good butt whipping!
I checked out Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible. She is a bit annoying for my taste. Her workouts look effective no doubt, she just makes cheesy comments. She looks awesome though and I love her accent :cool:.

Colleen
Oh great, now I'm going to have to see what Delta Fit is about :eek:.
I was at Bed, Bath & Beyond the other day and saw RushFit and almost got enabled there! I had to gently walk away :eek:.
I understand why the ladies mourn 90's Cathe. I am a fan of her older workouts too. Her new stuff is incredible, don't get me wrong, just her old stuff has a certain "spark". I can't explain it. Anyway, people need to get with the times, move on, and get over it. Times are changing and so are the workouts! Cathe is moving right along providing seriously effective and challenging up-to-date workouts, that *tries* to please everyone from staying true to her roots with high impact and now including high intensity low impact. With Xtrain, she is listening to her fans and adding an abundance of pre-mixes, STS-like split routines, 1RM, oh the list goes on. I'm surprised people still find a way to dislike her.
I think you would ADORE TBL Weight Loss Yoga. I don't say that lightly. 80% of it is in a plank pose [insert green throw-up smiley dude here].

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited:
Good Morning Friends.

Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday. Needed some recovery time from all the adult beverages that I was treated to on Saturday, its good I ate what I did.

Colleen-Used to attend those kinds of parties when I was younger, but not anymore. Enjoy your new workouts. Packers?? Sure they won. Lions pulled it off too but Steelers lost.

Rebekah-Do you like Butt Bible? I am once again learning about people I never heard of.

Sarah-Hello. How are you doing? Hope things are going well.

Natty-When someone questions/compliments you, take it!! When it happens to me, I thank them then tell them about Cathe. Yesterday, after the service, at a bar on the island. A conversation came up about how young and great everyone looked. I think we are all physically active. Once you hit my age, everything you did in your past catches up to you and it starts showing everywhere. There was one classmate, apparently she quit drinking and lost a lot of weight, too much, and she looked old.

Tonight, I will be on PBS local station for pledge drives so I maybe on TV for a few seconds.
Hope to walk this week. It's getting colder here.

Have a great day.

No workout today. :) Yesterday's workout was great! :D Horizontal Conditioning volume 1 (39 minutes-minus cool down) then LBB standing portion only (49 min). I got a little too ambitious with going heavy on the weights during Lower Body Blast, though. I tried to do 2 25lb dumbells for the static lunges at the end and by the time I was totally fried. I stopped halfway through the reps. :eek:

I just love Sundays and being able to workout marathon style...as long as I want with no time contraints! My family finally knows to leave me alone on Sundays when I workout! :eek: During the week it's all about trying to fit it in the morning and I am lucky to get an hour in. It's usually more like 30-50 min depending on the day. Thank goodness for premixes! :)

Natty- that shower and the food sounded amazing! :eek: Wow! I know what you mean about being shy and self-conscious when people compliment you. It's like I put all this hard work in...of course I want people to notice! Then I get all flustered and discombobulated when they actually compliment me. :rolleyes: I'm finally getting better at accepting compliments with a simple smile and thank you, though. :) I'm still shy about my video and Cathe obsession, though. My family gets it and some close friends, but anyone else I keep it on the downlow. It's so silly of me! :eek:
You want the link to the Delta Fit site?? :p It's originally 79.95 but on VF the kind folks on there shared a coupon code for 20% off so I couldn't resist. :D I gotta warn you though, BJ is really goofy! Sometimes I found him hilarious, but honestly by the end of the cardio kettlebell workout I was sort of like "shut up shut up shut up shut up" :cool: lol

Jen- cool about the PBS pledge drive! That's awesome! It is definitely getting cooler here, too. Unfortunately, someone was telling me that because of the drought conditions there isn't enough moisture for the trees to turn their beautiful colors before the leaves fall, especially the red ones. They are expecting them to just turn brown and fall without the spectacular color show we usually get. Bummer. :(

Have a great Monday ladies!

Signed up for H & R Block U which I need to pass at 80% to get a job. My perk is that a VP for the company is an old neighbor and his family member is teaching the class.

I was just so busy this weekend with TJ's b-day party. But thats over :) On Wednesday we will be heading over to Eastern Oregon for a week. You probably won't here from me. Sorry :( However, when I get back, I am going to start a new rotation (not sure what yet) and clean up my eating habits back to clean 95% of the time. Although my husbands b-day is on the Friday right after we get back. I will start posting everyday again, you have my word of honor. It helped me so much when we first started this check-in group and I know if I just get in and get my butt in gear again it will help me again.

Nat - You work hard for how good you look, so be proud. Have a great time at the wedding next weekend.

Jen - Sometimes reconecting with people from the past can be fun. Theres not to many people from my past that I care two hoots about. I do have a tendency to be a complete loner. My husband is my best friend, and I went to high school with him. We never dated in school, but once we graduated it was on. He feels the same about the people we went to high school with, thus the reason why we haven't gone to a reunion.

Colleen - I just don't know where you find the time to do all those exercise DVDs???? I can't even remember the last time I had DOMS in my lower body :( I gonna completely change things up when I get home.

Rebekah - You might as well try different things, specially if its free. Thats what I did with FitTV. I have checked out bodyrock numerous times. I was really considering trying it out for awhile (just for the chang-up aspect). But then I turn it on and all I see are boobs. Sorry I covet what I do have :( I may change my mind, if you want to be the guinea pig and try it out first:p

I will jumpstart my next rotation with getting in atleast 35 miles of hiking while I'm gone. I also went for a walk this morning.

Sarah

Good morning ladies :)

Yesterday Bella and I enjoy the beautiful fall weather by taking a nice walk and then spending one hour at the park. She always makes a friend while she's there. It's so darn cute :).

My w/o was STS Legs W4. Kid you not, during the leg lifts on the ball, I made a crying face :eek:. How is it that I can squat & lunge an impressive number yet the simple action of lower and lifting my leg just has me begging for mercy!

Ok, so I broke down and set up a Pinterest account. I just couldn't take it anymore :eek:. I have found so many great recipes and useful idea's :D. Some stuff is over the top, like the hair and nails :confused:. It would seriously take like 10 people to perform that type of "hair surgery"! If anyone wants to add me, I'm under my full name Natascia Savona (Rebekah, that's how my name is spelled, it's just too darn complicated to explain so I just go by Natasha).

Sarah
Have a great vaca at Oregon. We'll be here cheering you when you come back, don't worry :).

Colleen
I don't know how you spend Sat/Sun doing those marathon workouts, but I AM IMPRESSED! I poop out at 60min, and if I manage to do 70min (lol, like I just did Sat) I can feel my stamina taking a serious nose dive. You are awesome-crazy :eek:.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels a little self conscious about stuff like that. Reality being, how can I discuss workouts with people who are not interested in exercise?

Jen
Good luck with your PBS local station pledge drive!
I'm crossing fingers for the H&R block job!!!

Have a good one ladies!

Last edited:
!

Hello every one!!!!

Sorry I did not post yesterday! I had an eventful day with Addie, went to the park, then to Wal-Mart :confused:, unfortunately her "alter ego" came out and it went downhill fast. When do the tempter tantrums end? Geez! I will be ready to not be "the lady with the screaming kid" everywhere I go anymore, lol. Oh the Terrible Two's :confused: I only did Yoga Relax yesterday I just wasn't up to any cardio, but I did carry a weeks worth of groceries up three flights of steps, and cleaned :) Addie and I will be staying indoors today, it will be nice to have a day without a headache :)

Jen- I'm happy to hear the service went well, but am sorry the traffic was bad and there was road construction :-/ That is awesome that you were on PBS! I hope it went well! Yes, I did like the Butt Bible, as Natty said Pauline is a bit annoying, but I hadn't had DOMS like that since the first time I did Afterburn! I am STILL feeling it this morning, maybe I will do it again today :) If you decide to try it out, I would finish with one of Cathe's stretches though, she doesn't stretch as long as I think she should. Also, good luck with H&R block! I hope the class goes well!

Colleen- What is VF? Good job on Carido Kettlebell, LBB and HC! That is awesome! I hope you like the Delta Fit, it sounds great! That is awesome that you get to work out on your own time and enjoy it on Sundays! I have a harder time exercising on weekends if Heins is home, he is so distracting and tries to talk to me, I like to be left alone as well when I'm trying to work-out :)

Sarah- I hope you have a great time in Oregon, and celebrating your husband's birthday! I haven't looked at BodyRock yet, but your comment about all the boob's doesn't make me want to any more lol you should try Butt Bible though, esp if you haven't had lower body DOMS in a while, i did level 1 and 2 one after the other and I killer DOMS the next day :) it had been a while for me too!

Natty- OMG all the food at the shower sounded amazing! You do look awesome, own it girl! You work very hard for that bod! I know what you mean though, it can be uncomfortable at times, especially when it puts you on the spot, especially with people who do not care about fitness. Just curious, do you own the Imax DVD or do you have the download? Any other oldies you recommend? I'm so glad you had a good day with Bella at the park, the weather was beautiful here also :) Natascia is a beautiful name! I hope you enjoy Pinterest, I haven't joined yet, for fear of getting to caught up and staying up late pinning recipes and things :)

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!

Rebekah
First off, thank you very much for the compliments :eek:. You are too sweet.

For Imax 1, I downloaded it. Here it is if you are interested:
Cathe Downloads | Interval Max Workout Video Download :eek:

I'm sorry to hear about Addie's temper tantrums. I know about those all too well unfortunately :(. Bella is still going through them and she is 3 1/2. I would categorize her as more of a difficult child, as opposed to those kids who are more laid back, easy going, eat, poop & sleep well kids :(. As far as public places and containing temper tantrums, I would suggest a few things. 1) Try not to go out when Addie is tired/needs a nap. I usually based my shopping outings around Bella's naps just to avoid a pending meltdown. 2) Don't linger for too long. Try to get in/out as fast as possible. 3) Bring snacks to distract her in the cart. 4) If you are at Walmart, go to the toy section and let her play with a few toys while sitting in the cart. 5) Kids at that age get stimulated & frustrated way too fast. Do not bring her on several outings/shopping trips per day. Those tips usually helped me out tremendously, as I was never the mom in a public place who had to drag out a screaming kid. At home however, is a different story :(.
Hang in there! No matter what, you are still doing your best, no one is perfect, every parent has s**t to deal with.

TTYL :cool:

Hi Natty!!

Thank you so much for the link,
I am downloading it now :) I can't wait to try it!

As far as Addie goes, thank you for the tips, but believe it or not I follow all of them 90% off the time. Yesterday I did push it a little as far as being close to her nap time. Her problem is not so much tired, hungry, and the usual. She just wants to be able to run free, she hates riding in any stroller, shopping cart, etc. She wants to walk around and get into mischief, it would be okay if she would hold my hand and listen to me, but that is a definite no go, she just runs off like there is no tomorrow lol she has wriggled her way out of her stroller and sprinted off on me several times leaving me to run after her and then carry her back kicking and and screaming :-/ I would literally have to put her on a leash :-0 don't worry i won't! Lol but I now understand why some mothers do. Addie is not a good listener in general but especially defiant and stubborn out in public. Every one keeps telling me to keep taking her out and not to give up, that eventually she will get better, but if anything I feel like it has gotten worse. Her behavior has brought me to tears before. Sorry to vent, I'm just having a hard time with her lately. With her I can't try on clothes, or browse, or go to lunch with friends and even if she has just napped, has a kids meal, toys, books you name it, she is still bad. I can literally do everything I know to do to ensure good behavior, but it never happens. My friends that don't have kids don't understand that I really can't do anything/ go anywhere at any given time, they seem to think I am making excuses! My friends that do have kids, their children are well-behaved and are great out in public, so I can't win with either, I rarely get invited out any more :( its a bummer! Once again, sorry for the rant! I think she's a lot of the reason why I haven't had the good attitude about working out that I usually have. By the time she goes down for a nap, my nerves are so fried, and I have such a headache that exercise is the last thing I want to do. I try to remind myself that "This too shall pass." and like you said every mom has had crap to deal with, at least we have sympathy for one another :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.