Weight Watchers THURSDAY!!!! 11/9

Well shoot guys look like I missed the party last night! What an awesome thread to read first thing this morn... you have made my day with all the uplifting and wonderful news!

Amy: I sincerly am humbled by all you have accomplished! I am motivated and determined to achieve my goals because of your story. I cannot wrap my mind around 70#s lost and what that must be like for you.... Your NSV is SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT! I went out to dinner last night and put on a pair of booty hugging low waist tan (not slimming black!)pants that I bought 3 years ago and tags were still on them. I wore them w/ great pride and felt like I could conquer the world! Your joy and pride must be 1000X greater than that. I am so proud of you and for your coyrage to share your long struggle/victory. Many people accomplish something like that I think but choose to never speak of those painful days again... your sharing has helped a lot of people! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{amy}}}}}}}}}}}
Please be my friend and stop mentioning all these new things to buy tho'. As soon as I leave catheland I will be surfing for a Cuisinart grille :+ I really cant afford all this new stuff with Xmas coming....

JANE: I too have been famished the past two weeks but only on Cathe cardio days... I think the P90 strength training is really making my body work much harder than I think (although my muscles feel it!). I have really had to be saintly about clean eating because I am needing to eat so many points just to keep functioning.
One week to Lifetimer.... MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT! You must be feeling very powerful! How incredible will that be?? I so wish I could just throw you guys a huge party and we can stay up all night talking and laughing in person! You guys realy are the best!

I'll end this one now- go grab java and come back w/ my game plan for today :*

Coffee is sooooooooo good this AM.

My chest & back are EXTREMELY sore this morning... My obliques are talkin' to me as well and the only part not talkin' is on the workout today! Plyometrics which is a legs w/o with cardio benefit.
I was amazed at myself yesterday because push ups are so not my forte' but somehow Tony got me to do so many in so many different ways that for the first time ever I have DOMS from push ups! Mentally P90 makes me feel very strong and capable.... I havent figured out why exactly but I'm just enjoying the process! Cathe is definately my fun factor which I MUST have but P90 is more of a mental.spiritual challenge I was missing. More of a "Do you have the courage to be the best you can be today?" kind of a feeling.

Anyway.... I told ya all about my NSV in last post, told ya I"M HUNGRY this week.... What else??? Oh yes- un-official morning WI shows me down 2#s this morning... Thats a good thing because with official WI tomorrow I was worried ttom was gonna move me up to a 3# gain. No worries today! Clean Eating is on my plate (teehee) and I need to get in more protein mid day... I think the easiset is just do an egg white veggie omelet for lunch/snacks.

Feel like I'm forgetting something here but cannot for the life of me think what.... Oh well. HAVE A GRAND DAY & I'll BBL to see ya all!

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for remembering me, I'm still here and plan to post update a little later. Missed you all, I was away over the weekend (arghhhhh) and getting back into the swing. I'll check in once I have a moment at work.

Hugs,

X

Traci- You go, you HOT MOMMA!! Strut yo' bad self in dem pants!!!:D :D :D :7

I think that it's very interesting that there are so many people who find me inspiring (don't get that, but, whatever!;-) ) for trying to get healthy. I haven't set out to inspire people or to make them feel bad about themselves or to judge them in any way, I just set out on this journey, one step at a time to make a difference in my own life and to be the healthiest nurse I can be. Also, it's a little hypocritical to spout healthy eating/living education to patients when I, myself, was over 250 lbs!!! Anyway, I digress...most people have a motivating factor to keep going when things get tough, I still haven't found mine. I just know that on the days when it's really hard and I want to quit, I hear all you guys in my head telling me not to and that tomorrow will be a better day! Shoot, there I went and made myself cry! D@mn! That's okay, the kleenex aren't very far away as the sinus waterworks have been pouring this morning!

I hope that you have a great PlyoX workout. I don't feel comfortable doing that one yet, as my workout floor is carpet over a concrete slab. No a whole lot of 'give' there! I have a hard enough time with Cathe's plyo stuff even with the puzzle mats. Well, that and the fact that I have lead in my @ss and can't jump that high!}(

X- I hope that work goes quickly for you and that you don't beat yourself up too much over the weekend. My meeting leader always asks (when you admit to over-splurging), "Did you have fun? Was it worth it?" If you answer "yes" those questions, then, "Then don't worry about it, and start fresh. You can't live your life on a leash and if you don't splurge once in a while, you will go totally around the bend so far that you may never come back, and that's a bad thing! Give yourself some slack and restart fresh, today is a new day, with new points!"

Oh, that reminds of a quote I found in the new Clean Eating issue....."People say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily!" (Zig Zigler)

BTW, that Clean Eating for the Active Lifestyle magazine I picked up.....TOTALLY COOL. Most magazines I flip through and pick and choose the articles to read......not this one. It's a true, "cover to cover" read for me!!!!! LOVE IT, so I know I will LOVE the book!!! I highly recommend picking up the issue!!!

Sorry for the novel, guys. Just very verbose this morning, I guess! OH, and "official" WI is tonight at the meeting.

Again, Oh, Traci, doing a happy dance for you and your "unofficial" WI!!! Congratulations!

After all that, I totally forgot to tell Jane that I hope that she has a great week and I KNOW that she'll make her LIFETIME goal!!! You have done so well, and I am proud of you!!! I can't wait to be there with you!

Good Morning!!!

This morning I was suppose to do YogaX on the P90X rotation, but I decided to save that for the weekend. I was feeling the need for some cardio so I did LIC, the first 2 segments only and then AbRipper. LIC was pretty tough cardiowise. I think my step may be too high. My HR was in the 180s for part of the time. I burned a total of 400 cals. between the two workouts.

Eating went well yesterday. I ate 23.5 pts. I was really feeling hungry yesterday so I ate a bit more that my usual 20-22 pts. Also I ate a bit of junk which I haven't really been doing lately. Oh well, since tomorrow is my WI, I'm going to be extra good today and stay at 20-22.

Traci, Enjoy your workout today. I really liked Plyo and believe me I felt it the next day.

Buffy

Happy Thursday,

First thing, I stepped on my scale this morning, guess what? I’m up 4 lbs x( x( ;( it really shows, I can really see it and feel it I’m not surprise tho! I sold several cases of chocolate candy bars for my church, of course, I was eating chocolate like crazy x( chocolate is my number one enemy, hate love kinda thang.

Yesterday, was a MAD house here at the office it usually is after election day, when I got home first thing I did was put on my w/o clothes and I laid down, thinking I’d rest for 30 minutes or so. But, I was just to tired to do anything even wash my dishes.

So, I decided to watch a few more of Cathe’s workouts, I really like DM2 awesome workout. Tonight is school I’m officially 2 chapters behind :eek: missed Tuesday class b/c I worked the polls need the $$$ and tonight we are reviewing chapter 18 which I have not read yet :eek: this weekend is nothing but studying and working out ;-) ;-) :7

I tell ya, I can surely use a POT of Endorphin :+ :+ :9

Teddygirl~

Awww... thanks so much guys..... I just skim (sped read) through above... on a short break... then back to work....

I did some "putting things in perspective" last night and today. Okay.. I wound up eating about 50 points yesterday of clean food... no junk in the house thank heaven!! that translates to 2,500 calories approx.... I exercised and burned 460... so... 2,000 calories of clean food after eating pretty well for 10 weeks with only a couple of slip ups and only eating 4 APs per day instead of what I earned..... not bad. I'm giving myself a break and actually taking a "way to go" attitude instead of beating myself up.

I'll be back later this evening... dept luncheon today, work and more work, workout this p.m. and then hopefully I'll have some time for some personals.

gotta run!!!

OK, traveled out of town over the weekend and while I did not binge or over eat (I've never been a binger), I ate off plan. I had 3 glasses of wine Fri. and Sat., and muched on stupid food like nacho chips and pumpernickel sticks. I did, however workout, including B&G on Sat. and 6 mile run on Sun.

WEIGH IN 11/8- up .6lbs

Not so bad but I came home last night and drink another 2 glasses of wine and munched on stupid stuff again. So, time to re-tool. I am at -9.2lbs and my goal for next week is to make 10lbs.

I am abstaining from alcohol until at least Thanksgiving. It just messes me up. I get all relaxed and think..."who cares about WW?". I will make my goal this week even though I have the challenge of TTOM.

Today is rest day from working out. Yesterday I did cardio/blasts/cardo bonus of LIC followed by a 3 mile run. Maybe I over did the pre weigh in exrcise and was a bit swollen? Do you guys exercise prior to weigh in? What is your experience?

I stayed for our meeting. I love our intsrtuctor, she was telling us about the program changes but since I am doing Core it really won't affect me too much.

TODAY's NUTRITION:
M1-2/3 cup slow cook oats, splenda, coffee
M2- 1 egg = 3 egg whites, 3 slices Canadian bacon
M3- Salad, tomatoes, peppers, cukes, 3oz chicken patty, 1Tbs Ken's Lite Dressing
M4-Apple
M5- Grilled chicken breast, green beans.

Where are all your meal plans ladies? I need inspiration with the important part: nutrition!

X

X- I totally understand about the wine!!! I have found that when I drink more than 1 glass, I feel super bloated and puffy the next day! I tend to keep my drinking to 1, maybe 2 nights a week, when I drink. Lately, though, my drinking has only consisted of Nyquil;-) . I also get "relaxed" in my eating vigilence when I partake of the grape!!! I am impressed, though, that you were only up .6 , though. That's not a whole lot!!! Great Job!!!

I am also impressed with your workouts! It looks like you may give Traci and Jane a "run" for their money!

What were the program changes your leader mentioned. Most of us here are on Flex. I am hoping for an update tonight at my meeting.

About your meal, it sounds like with your workouts, you need to add more complex carbs. All I saw was 1 serving of oatmeal in the morning and an apple. Also, going by what you are showing as your menu for the day, (I know that you are doing Core, but work with me here) I only added up 12 points of food. That's like, 600, maybe 700 calories. That totally isn't enough to even support your daily active, not to mention the exercising that you are doing. That's maybe why you had difficulties with the "stupid food" this weekend, your body was screaming for more calories to work with!

When I am up to par, my usual daily menu consists of this:
M1- 3 oz lean protein, mixed steamed veggies (usually 1-1.5 c), and a piece of Ezekial bread (for the carbs after I workout)
M2- 3 oz lean protein and another cup or so steamed veggies
M3- 1c brown rice, 3 oz lean protein, mixed veggies (or salad using Salad Spritzers for dressing)
M4- 2 servings mixed fruit (apple, orange, pear, whatever I have on hand)
M5- FF yogurt and NSA tapioca pudding (from Kozy Shack- 1 pt per cup)
M6- 1-2 slice Ezekial bread with 1 TBS Peter Pan whipped PB (or Naturally More PB) or 1 serving Kashi Go Lean cereal with RF Soy milk, or banana with 1 TBS PB smeared on it

There is some variation to the above menu, but for the most part that's my daily regimen. It usually adds up to 20-22 points with a little wiggle room for some treats (my total daily points is 24)

HTH!! But like I said, it totally doesn't look like you are eating enough throughout the day. Any other ideas, ladies???

Good morning,

First off - CONGRATULATIONS AMY!!!!! I'm doing the ecstatically happy dance for you, too!! (Isn't there a number for that on the AP slider?). Wear those mediums every day until you wear them out!! You have been so persistant and have worked so hard - you deserve all the great results! Are you ready to put on a bikini and go on Oprah? :) Your workout yesterday was very creatively inspired. From my personal experience of losing 72 pounds, let me assure you that there will come a day when you can do Cathe's jumps. Remember - Cathe's not doing all that with a 70+ pound coat on her body. You're working harder than her, even without the jumping. I've had cats, and between the cats and kids, I think it's easier to administer any sort of medication to kids. Cats are just so opinionated LOL! I presume you've seen that little ditty "How to give a cat a pill?" Or did you write that? It's hiliarous because it's true....Thank you for the medical information yesterday. It's good to know a nurse!

Cheryl - So, is BMax2 your favourite of the new four? I previewed it yesterday, and am itching to do it.

Kim - With your butt being so sore yesterday, I'm impressed with the running you did. Wow! Buns of steel are coming your way (but it sounds like you already have them!).

Traci - the only Super Woman substance I injest is coffee :9 I set the timer every night for 4:55am, which means that I'm out of bed by 5:05am, because I want my coffee fresh! I know you're a java fan, too. Do you ever sip a coffee during a cardio routine? Thanks for the info on how the points counter changed. I obviously have the new one, so I'm glad to hear that. Thank you for being so descriptive of how you're doing with P90X. You're actually making me want to do it, but right now I'm still having fun with my new Cathe's. Too many workouts, too little time. I love your idea of a pajamma party. How fun would that be?? Congratulations on the 2 pounds down!!!! You've shaken things up, and it's showing!!

Jane - I agree with you about eating too little and losing control as a result. Been there, done that. Only one more week and you're a lifetimer! Amazing! You should feel so proud. And your attitude about it all is admirable. Feeling guilty doesn't burn more calories, so don't burden yourself with negative feelings.

Buffy - isn't LIC fun? I'll be doing that one frequently!

Teddygirl - wow, rough day!! I'm sending you hyper-endorphin vibes.....Just close your eyes and open your nostrils (that's how they get in, isn't it?).

This morning I did Butts and Guts. Woohoo!!! A new favourite lower-body workout!! I'm in love. Love, love, love. I'm in a quandry, though. I find when I do Cathe's lower body workouts, I always feel I can go heavier with the weights during the standing portions, but I feel reserved to do so, because I don't want to burn myself out for the floor work. I made it through BG just fine, but could probably use 8 pound dumb bells, at least. Mind you, the DOMS hasn't set in yet. I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be feeling it. So, do you use the degree of DOMS as a guide, and increase the weights if there's not much? Or do you use how you actually feel while doing the movement as your guide, and just go lighter near the end of the workout if it starts to feel too hard? Or should I just separate standing leg days from floor work days?

My throat bug has started to migrate to my chest and sinuses. Blech. But at least I can start popping Sudafed and cough medicine if it gets too bad.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Sandra- I usually go by how I feel during the workout with regards to the weight I use. Let the DOMS fall where they may! I generally don't use ankle weights when I do floor work either. I guess that I feel that when I get to the point where I can do the entire floor routine without stopping without ankle weights, then I will add them. I also LOVE BM2!! I love the music! Of course I have only done the step stuff, not the power circuits or the weight portions.

No, I haven't read, "How to give a cat a pill" but I can totally imagine the fur flying!!! Literally!!! No, I'm not ready for my Oprah close-up either!LOL!

Sorry to hear about the migrating bug!! I understand, because mine is sitting in my sinues as well today! Colds are hard to deal with in the first place, but what really rankles me is when one side of your nose is so stuffed that you can't blow it, but that's the side that is dripping and running!!! What's up with that???? Hope you feel better!!! You know, I just remembered, yes you can pop sudafed now....your not breast feeding anymore!!! Good thing you weaned the baby last month!:7

Amy - Check out this link: http://www.nanceestar.com/CatPill.html

Thanks for the opinion re: the weight amount. I think sometimes I'm too conservative in my attempts to pace myself, not only for the current workout, but for the workouts I plan to do for the rest of the week. I really want to do BM2 tomorrow, so I'm hoping the DOMS from BG isn't too bad. But since my heiny is already starting to stiffen up (yay?), I might be in for a shock tomorrow. And yes, I'm very happy to be able to take drugs again LOL! That's a good thing :) It sounds like you're over the worst of your cold, thank heavens almighty. And the stuffy/runny nose is my most loathed cold symptom.

Are you going to wear your new pants with the tag hanging out?

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi everyone -
Tried to read all the posts but am running out of time.

This morning I did LIC, everything except abs - ran out of time. I'll try to get the ab portion in tonight as I tend to skip core work frequently.

Madame X says her leader went over the program changes this week. I can't make this week's meeting and I want to know what's changing! Oh well, the old program worked for the first 45+ lbs so I'm sure it'll continue working for another week or two.

I've basically given up Core - I know, I know, I only give it a few days, but I just don't like having to give up FP for my morning english muffin or a FF vanilla yogurt - I don't feel like those are bad foods. In the meantime, I'm trying to focus on clean eating and will hopefully get there eventually.

Amy - Kudos on the 70+ loss!! You are an inspiration!

Jane - congrats on one week to lifetime!

Everyone else - keep up the good work, I'll try to check back later.

Happy Thursday!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Sandra - Don't you just love B&G. Boy my Butt and by abs were sore fore days. I'm trying to figure out how to work that one into my p90X rotation. Sunday is the only day it would work but that's usually my rest day. We'll have to see.

I've now down B&G and LIC from Cathes new ones. Still have two (or three if you count CF) to go.

Just had a mini candy bar; that wasn't on my eating plan for today. Shucks.

Buffy

Hi Again,

So wonderful to take a break from work and read about workouts and healthy eating!

So, the new changes are basically around the Flex Program and seem to make sense to me. WW's is now going to distinguish between some very important criteria to base your daily points. New criteria include: Gender...of course men get more points now, Age...of course we older chicks get LESS points, Lifestyle...whether you sit all day or run around (I'm also an RN but am in a marketing position), Activity...some adjustments for someone who considers walking activity vs. we Catheites. They are getting rid of the Tracker and going back to a "Journal". A couple of other unremarkable changes but basically making points/day and extra points more individualized as opposed to broad stroking...which makes sense.

Amy, thank you, thank you for your nutritional critique and sample menu plan. I assume you too are on Core. I did by Ezeikiel Bread because I've heard excellent things about it but I will definitely put some complexies back in the menu. Today is a rest day and I'm not happy with my overeating on Stupid Stuff and wine last night so I thought I'd tighten up a little today. For some reason I am so damn Carb Phobic! I do eat Near East Tabouli salad regularly and cous cous. But potatoes, like bagels, simply scare me.

Nice work to all of us who really workout in impressive fashion. I just adore the cardio/blast and bonus from LIC. I tend to get my weight workout in early in the week before my weigh in.

Again, thanks Gals for your feedback.

X

Hi, everyone!! Finally caught up enough on my work for the morning to stop and post.

Sandra - BM2 is my favorite new Cathe only because it's the first one I've tried! I suspect all them will be my favorites.

Madame X, so good to hear from you again.
As to menus - here's what's working wonders for me lately:

Breakfast - either 2 scrambled eggs (sometimes with veggies, always with garlic) and a piece of whole wheat toast with soy margarine or oatmeal cooked in the microwave 2 1/2 min with an extra 1/2 cup water and then 2 scoops of soy protein powder stirred in (only 240 calories and a nutritional and filling bargain!)

Morning snack - a ziplock bag of 2 C spinach and 2 roma tomatoes in wedges with a couple T of Costco lean bacon bits sprinkled over for flavor. I eat it like finger food

Lunch - 1 Costco grapefruit cup (2 points) and 1 C whole wheat pasta with spinach pesto (mix almonds, garlic and olive oil in the food processor then fill with spinach and spin it down then a handful of parmesan cheese)

Dinner - tomato soup with 1/4 c. grated cheese stirred in (yum!)
and another piece of wholewheat toast with soy margarine

Snack - pumpkin pudding (it's lowfat/low sugar pumpkin pie filling baked up like custard) with lite whipped cream.

6 fish oil caps through the day
Total 1600 killer nutrition calories - NO white flour or sugar, and vegetarian, too :)

For my workout - It's a wonderful day. Raining outside in Utah, so I did my running indoors - 70 minutes TM - 30 minutes speed intervals at level 7 and 1.5% incline (woo hoo!) followed by 40 minutes of the weightloss program at level 8 (felt easy. Probably should have bumped it to 9). Best of all, I weighed in again afterwards and am now back to 134.5 - woo hoo! That's back again to the lowest I've been in recent months and back on schedule.

The things I've done differently are 1) up the calories to 1600 of clean food only and treat day on Sunday, 2) mix up the workouts and 3) I've upped the fish oil to 6 tablets a day. It seems to be working!

Traci, congratulations on those new pants. Yes, I have a vision of you wearing them with the tag hanging out. ROFL! Not really!!

Amy, so glad you are doing so well. You are such an inspiration.

Well - more later - here's to a wonderful Thursday! I can't wait for Drill Max tomorrow. So excited.
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.