Weight Watchers Checkin WEDNESDAY! 10/18

Good Morning All!

happy to report I got my 1st planned afternoon workout completed yesterday! I really had to think of all of you shaking your heads in disappointment if I reported DID NOT DO..... Thanks for the visual gang... got me off my duff!

Today is AM: 80 min circuit from Slim Series SHAPE it UP... last week when I did it I burned over 500 calories so I'm going for it again! After that have the 2 lawns to mow before more rain tomorrow and this afternoon is Turbo Jam Fat Blast Intervals.

I know I'll keep this commitment as we have a dinner at a Mexican place at 7pm...I'm getting ready for bed then normally so will be a very light Mexican dinner for me!!!

RE Last nights posts:

Jane: You must be getting thrilled about your vacation! Way to go fitting in another run to send you on your way.

Corinne: Did 5:15 Lowmax go as planned? LOLOLOLOLOLOL Sleepwalking I've heard of, but Sleep Clock Changing is downright GENIUS!!!!!!! Are you in amedical journal somewhere?????? I cant imagine a nanny cam cathching this.... Funniest Home Videos here we come!

Cheryl: Have a great Boot Camp kinda morning!

Jennifer: You mean "once in awhile" doesnt mean 2x per day? heheheheehehehehe:D

Have a great morning all- I'll BBL to see you

Good Morning,

How is everyone today? Well me! TIRED could not sleep last night ;( I must have woke up bout 5 times, I did, this thang is really crazy. However, tonight going to buy Tylenol PM take one and sleep all night ;-) ;-)

For my workout last night, I did Low Max :p I always enjoy this workout.

This morning, I did Imax 2 :p And for this evening I’m thinking about doing an endurance workout either ME or PH, who knows.

My WW AP says 6 pts for cardio & 3 pts for my weight training tonight, could this be right? What do you guys do with your AP points? Do I eat more? Talk to me!

Teddygirl~

Good morning Traci and all that follow....

Traci - I am getting thrilled about getting away a few days. Good job on the p.m. workout. I am an afternoon exerciser. I start work at 6:30 and sometimes earlier so a.m. is out for me. Even though I work from home, I just don't seem to have the oomph to do a.m. workouts. In January, when I was going that beast of a Jan. rotation, I had to split up some workouts when time was limited in the p.m. for some reason and I did IMAX 3 one morning about 4:30 or 5 and thought I was going to surely die!

Cheryl - I started running about three and a half years ago and love it! I don't run nearly as much as I'd like to though. I'll get more in since the weather has changed. Summer in NC, it's impossible for me to run as I work out in the afternoons/evenings. I hope to get a treadmill for Christmas or in January when they go on sale.

Corinne - I work in the medical field (medical transcriptionist) and I transcribe a lot of radiation oncology reports, they can do amazing things these days. Keep the faith.

Amy - I hope the finger is healing up.

Hello to everyone else, Sandra, Kirsten, Karen, Jennifer, Claude, Buffy, Teddygirl...oh I hope I didn't leave anybody out.

I need some good vibes coming my way on my vacation over the next few days. Everybody chant now.... stay away from those apple dumplings and cinnamon buns, stay away from those apple dumplings and cinnamon buns.... :p

Jane: Is it time to start visualizing roaches on top of apple dumplings and cinnamon buns???? GROSS!!! Sorry to all who are eating breakfast:p

Teddygirl: I eat APS.... everyone of them usually.... we're about half and halk on the check-in tho..... Some of us cant lose without eating them and some of us cant lose when we do! Once again EXPERIMENT for your own body.... Let me add here that I eat all APs in clean only food..... I never earn 6 Aps and eat junk because I dont crave it on those days... I crave the junk on my rest days so I dont take too many of those!;-)

Teddygirl - I agree with Traci, you have to experiment with what works for you. My daughter is going through the same thing right now. She is maintaining eating all of her APs, this week she is going to try eating only 4 a day and eating her flex points.

Last week I ate only 4 APs a day and ate all 35 of my flex points and lost 2 pounds. The week before I ate only 4 APs and all of my flex points and maintained...so who knows. (the week before was TTOM week though so that may explain it. I earned 40 APs the week before and last week 30, so I actually lost more weight earning 10 less APs.

Eating 4 APs a day and my flex points is comfortable for me. I have not been uncomfortably hungry at all.

This is definitely an individual thing and also even for the individual, it changes week to week depending on TTOM, etc. Keep mixing it up, do one thing one week and change it up the next, I think (as with exercise) if you keep the body guessing, it is always better.

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to thank everyone for their warm welcome! Everyone has been so encouraging. It must be working because I lost 1.6 lbs this week! YAY!

Since Jane is going on vacation, she let me borrow 4 of her Cathe DVDs. I popped in LOW Max and I did get through the warm up. However, I had selected the premix (step combos only and I couldn't get through the first combo, did anyone have problems with the steps at first??) I feel like I have 4 left feet!) So I ended up popping the basic step back in to get my 45 min of cardio today. But I can tell I'm going to get bored with the basic step soon; however, I do have low impact step and body fusion. So I guess, I can do those. BUT I really want to be able to do the Low Max and IMAX2. Any suggestions?

Well, I better shower and then, I'm off to help tutor some children in my son's 1st grade class.

--Karen

Hey Karen - practice, practice, practice. It may help to preview the workout first also. I think we all have problems at first with new workouts, especially Cathe's step but she is pretty easy to pick up, you just have to keep trying and practicing. Do LIS all the way through, it is like LowMax's little sister, lots of the same moves.

Try LowMax again tomorrow. Get through the warmup and then, since you've gone through it today, see if you can get through a little further on combo #1. After you go through combo #1, hit "title menu" and go to Chapters and go through combo #1 again and even again. Trust me, even with stumbling around, you will get a workout! Do this with combo 2 the next day and so forth and then start putting them together.

Here are some yummy orange muffins I had in a WW e-mail this morning. The first link has the recipe as WW sent it to me, the second link is the one I fiddled with and got the points down to 2 instead of 3.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=68321

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeID=46485340

Jane and Tracie - Thanks for the advice concerning APs. I will play around with em too see what’ll happen. Oh wait! You mean I can have 35 flex points and my APs, now that's music to me ears :9 :+

I started this little challenge for myself today. I’m going to workout for eleven days straight, watch what I eat, eliminate sweets from my diet. My sister is having a BP on the 28th of this month, fun time….. and I brought these bad a$$ low rise pants that I must wear x( :) My goal is to lose 4 lbs but I'll be happy losing 3. I shall see!

Hi Karen – I agee with Jane, practice and you'll be just fine :) however, you brought up a good point. I NEVER EVER Never Ever looked at the premixes on LM, duh! didn’t think when running short on time, or wanting to push out a cardio & legs/ub in the morning. I could do either the blast or the step routine short and sweet for cardio. Thanks for reminding me, I’m going to take a peek tonight. I never ever think about the premixes on any of my DVDs.

Teddygirl~

>You mean "once in awhile" doesnt mean 2x per day?

Lately it does ;). Hence the scale not liking me very much *bwahahaha*

Teddygirl: do you happen to have IMAX as well? If so, how would you compare IMAX2 to it? I only have IMAX and have IMAX2 on the wish list, but I wonder if I really need to get it, since I'm getting LowMax (UPS is delivering it on Monday, squee!!), and I'm also planning to keep up with running in the off-season, so I don't want to OD on high-impact workouts. After 5 months of the pounding they take with running during the TnT season, I like to rest them as much as possible in the off-season so they're ready to go again next June...

With my AP points, I generally just follow the slider thingie. I make a call on whether I consider a workout heavy, medium, or low intensity, and then I follow the slider accordingly. I tend to rate my weight workouts heavier than WW does because it's Cathe, and I can definitely feel my body work hard!! Also, I think there's a big leap from what they consider medium to to what they consider hard, IMHO. They consider yoga to be medium and running to be hard, but there are things such as hard weight training that I would definitely rate higher than a yoga session, but not as high as running, so I kind of pick a higher AP number than I would have gotten for a medium workout, but not as much as for a high workout.

One of my friends from TnT used to be a WW leader and she told me that many (if not most) of WW's guidelines are for folks who do moderate fitness activity, and so it's not always appropriate for folks who are more active (e.g. those doing endurance training, or those who do Cathe :)). She was the one who told me that I not only should eat all my AP (not doing so would throw the body into starvation mode and cause those oh-so-frustrating plateaus), but if I still felt hungry after eating all of them (and the key thing is knowing your body well enough to know when you're truly hungry, as opposed to just wanting to give yourself a treat), by all means EAT. I still follow that principle, although lately, I've been giving into the "but I just want a treat" impulses ;). Bad Jen!! Also, instead of "spending" my extra points on nutritionally dense foods, I waste them on empty calories. But I digress, and you guys all know about my recent struggles to get back on the wagon LOL.

Man, I am so impressed with you guys for being able to do a workout in the morning AND in the evening. No wonder you all earn far more AP than I do!!

Go, Karen on losing 1.6!! :)

Hi to everyone else who checks in today!

Jennifer

Karen- AWESOME on Wt loss!!!!!!! As far as learning step routines... Up until Cathe earlier this year I had never stepped in my life! I was an aerobics instructor back in the 80s but it was all floor (HiLo) stuff.... I am no athlete or dancer so step threw me for a loop!
I wasnt smart enough to start w/ the basic stuff so I learned the hard way.
I put in DVD used no risers and just kept stepping and watching until I could get it down... each time I did it I was participating in Cathes actual routine more and more.... It honestly only took me 4-5 times before I had 99% of it down... I used my HRM to make sure my HR stayed up the entire time I was "doing my own thing" so I didnt waste the workout.
Another thing I did was I started w/ SJP & SBlast.... I used all the premixes in the beginning because its a few segments at a time on each one. I really believe thats why I was able to get it. Once you get down a LowMax or Step Blast I think all the others really are much easier because they are mainly variations of what you now know.
Hang in there and enjoy thr process!

Good Morning ladies!

I am hoping that there aren't too many typos this morning! The finger is doing okay, but it's too late now even if I wanted to get it stitched!

DH has an MRI at 1230 today, so we are traipsing off to there shortly. I am still in my PJ's and drinking coffee! Must get the Butt Glue Remover out!!!:D

Anyway, I saw on Fox 10 News out of Chicago that another site that I use a LOT was named one of the "Best of the Web" for health sites. SparkPeople.com won on write-ins alone, they weren't even on the ballot! It's an awesome site for fitness/food tracking/and recipes.

There's also a Cathe group over there that I chat with.

Anyway, last night all the Rhythmics were Stepped and I always forget that that workout sneaks up on me! I was totally soaked when I was done.....760 cal later!!!

Teddygirl- I am with Traci here, I have found that I have to eat my APs and flexies, although I find that I tend to lump the majority of my flexies into one night..Thursday (after weigh in!).

Today is circuity something. I did Gauntlet before work on Sunday and I could really feel it coming back to haunt me during work!

Traci-I think that it's great that you used to be an aerobics instructor! Although, where you were used to the Hi/Lo stuff, I actually tend to do better during step. When I was up in Indiana in August, I attended a step class and was able to go right into the moves as the instructor was shouting them out (before she really wanted us to do them), but Hi/Lo just confuses my feet!!! Heck, even the triple steps get my feet tangled up sometimes (when I hear Cathe say "Triple around the board" I always think, "Trip over your feet around the board!")

Well, BGR is here...Will be back later!

Oh, tossed some chicken into the crockpot, the recipes sounds super yummy:
2 lbs frozen chicken breasts
8 oz slice mushrooms (I used a couple of cans of mushrooms)
6 green onions (I just sliced one onion)
3/4 c dry white wine
1 pkg apple cider mix (I used sugar free)
1/4 c water

Layer everything into crockpot, mix the wine and cider mix and pour over. Rinse the measuring cup with the water to get all the cider mix out and cook on low for 8 hrs.

Serves 8
Cal- 145
Fat- 1g
protein- 24 g
Fiber- 0 (although with all those mushrooms, there's got to be at least 1g fiber, right???)

Either way, it's still 3 WW points per serving!

Good morning,

Got my butt out of bed this morning and did Bodymax Step and MIC Step. Now that's a 70 minute sweat fest! My triceps are singing today, though, from GS yesterday.

Traci - your comments yesterday about your workout are the reason that I stick to Cathe. I don't want to waste my time. I did some Christi Taylor cardio workouts when I was pregnant, and was glad to have them then, but I haven't used them since my first few weeks post partum. Them's some workouts you have planned for the day!

Cheryl - you look fabulous! What does the biggest loser challenge entail? How did you do with BootCamp this morning? I salute you!

Corrine - Kudos to you for working so hard on your studying. Sometimes you need to sleep, or your brain doesn't work right. I hope you were able to get up and do LowMax this morning, but if you didn't, that's very understandable.

Teddygirl - your insomnia problems sound terrible. I hope something works for you soon. The 6 points for cardio and 3 points for weights sound about right. I eat all my APs. If I don't, I get too hungry and feel run down. I also have a very hard time concentrating, which is not a good thing when you're trying to do academic work (as you well know). The LowMax step premix is a surprisingly intense 45 minute workout. I highly recommend it for days when you're short on time.

Jane - I find afternoon/evening workouts do feel "easier", but prefer my am workouts because it gets them over with for the day. And it's a great boost to the morning. After a while of doing the am thing, I got used to it. I knew I'd "arrived" the day I attempted IMAX3 at 6am, and lived to tell the tale. But frankly, I think people should workout at whatever time they are able to remain consistent with. What is your strategy regarding all the nummy food? Are you going to have a bit, or none at all? Are you bringing healthy snacks along with you?

Karen - Woohoo on the pounds gone!!! I was going to say almost the exact same thing that Jane did, right down to the "LIS is LowMax's little sister" bit. LIS is a great next step for you.

Jennifer - IMAX2 has a super high fun-factor to it, that you don't get in IMAX. IMAX2 is also, by almost unanimous agreement on the forums, easier than IMAX, but by no means easy. I can't recommend IMAX2 highly enough. As an added bonus, you get Cardio & Weights on the same dvd, and that's a workout gem in it's own right. The impact in CW is also quite light; great for restoring the legs.

Amy - the recipe sounds yummy yummy! I may give that a whirl. You burned 760 calories with RS?! Wow! I don't think I even come close to that. It's a great workout, nonetheless (if you can get past the screaming banshee music). Good luck with DH's MRI today. Get some butt glue remover while your at the hospital. They have that, don't they?

Have a great day,
Sandra

Hey Amy: Glad the finger is slowly on the mend! Those things are quite painful....Glad you took some extra jammy time this am and keeping good thoughts for DH's MRI!
I do believe Cathe really is saying "Trip over your feet around the board!" heheheheehhehehe
Your recipe sounds delicious! We are suppose to have a cool front tomorrow so I'm thinking that its time to try your other recipe you gave me (chili I think).... I really am tired of this nasty heat / humidity.... today is a sauna! WHERE IS FALL?????????????
Will have to check out Sparkpeople.com and try and find you over there.... is that considered stalking?????}(
Oh yes- Thanks for sharing the RS comment! I have that on for tomorrow afternoon....... Is been months since I had that one out so I guess I better eat right and sleep well so I have stamina by 3pm tomorrow.... Since I get up at 4am by 3pm I am certainly in DOWN MODE but thats exactly why I think these afternoon cardios will help boost my metabolism... hope they dont make me hungry too tho as I usually have little to no hunger after 4.... We shall see!

Amy - the recipe looks wonderful!. I've printed it.

Sandra - I love that combo, I have done it before but it has been a while. Another wonderful combination (if it is circuit day) is BC cardio and LB premix and HSTA cardio and UB premix. That will run your HRM right up there!

I got in a 3 mile run with an additional 1/2 mile w/u and c/d. Feeling ready for recovery now!

Traci - Aren't I weird, lol. I have a natural gift I guess. Supposely when I was younger, I hit my first homerun that day, and in my sleep that night, I was running around the house, I guess reliving the moment, lol. And yes, I did it!!! I only did Intervals 1 to 4, cuz I was still kinda sleepy, but like you said, it takes 21 days to get into a habit, so I am going to start off slow and build up.

Teddygirl - Hope you sleep better tonight!!! I also really like LM, but I find the warm up a little boring ... I usually go on my Elleptical Trainer first then do LM with skipping the warm-up all together. I really don't know what it is aobut it, i just dislike it.

Jane - Thanks for the encouraging words. I just thought it would be like my papa's last year, he got his prostate removed completely and then nothing after. I guess I am just afraid to see my mom go through the side effects. But we still don't know if it is cancer, so one day at a time! :)

Jennifer - I am also impressed with how some exercise twice a day. Very encouraging, but I am still working at it to do it once a day!! lol ... And I also find u very inspiring with all the running you do!!! I never got into running, but I would love to train for a half marathon one day!!!

Karen - Congrats on your weight loss!!! 1.6!!! That's amazing, I hope you are very proud of your hard work!!! And the best part is, it is paying off!!!

Amy - Hope your finger is getting better. I must say, you have the best expressions out there, lol "But Glue Remover" and have fun wiht your circuity something, lol!!! Also, I love how ur name says Stressed is Desserts backwards ... so true for me right now :-( But I am doing a lot better, I just have my moments.

Well my lunch break is almost over, so I'll come back on later. It took me forever to write this post cuz I am on a French keyboard, man do I ever hate french keyboards. Nothing is the same, I want a comma and I get a è (lol). O well, atleast I am done now! Cya

Corinne :)

>Sandra - I love that combo, I have done it before but it has
>been a while. Another wonderful combination (if it is circuit
>day) is BC cardio and LB premix and HSTA cardio and UB premix.
> That will run your HRM right up there!

OMG Jane, that sounds deliciously evil }( }( }( }( I am jotting that one down.

>I got in a 3 mile run with an additional 1/2 mile w/u and c/d.
> Feeling ready for recovery now!

I'll say!! Great run! You're ready for your vacation!

Sandra

Jennifer: I'm with ya on eating when you're hungry! I used to be so afraid to eat but now I just call it respecting my body's needs and obviously I'm having much better results!

Jane: Thanks for the yummy recipes! I will need to get those muffins out for a nice weekend of comfort food!

Teddygirl: I did a similar 14 day plan last month just like you are planning... It really seems to have put me back in fat burning as I started losing more than .3#s a week and the trend is still there!

Sandra: GREAT workout this morning! 70 minute sweatfest.... we are all so sick! We love them far too much!

Happy Afternoon to all!

Corinne-
HIGH 5 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Intervals 1-4 are nothing to laugh at!!! You got up and did it! WoooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
I love that you took the time to do what you did.... I bet your body appreciates the short but intense workout as well! Lets face it - most of us probably dont really NEED all the cardio hours but we're just NUT-SO!
Have a great day and BTW: I really dont know what a french keyboard is but it sounds very confusing to my not so high tech brain!

Ok Jane I now officially pass the mish mosh crown over to you (***bows humbly****ouch, pulled a muscle bowing****)
I'm gonna write it down and fit it in somewhere!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.