Undulating Warriors Feb 8th-14th

littlefiretop

Cathlete
Good Morning Warriors!

Thought I would start our new thread out this morning...

This morning I did interval hill walking on the treadmill and tonight I will do 30/30 & the meso 2 disc for today. Also throw in Medicine Ball abs because I am neglectful of my ab workouts, must do at least 2-3 a week going forward.

Alright, time for me to get back to work, look forward to reading about how all of you are doing today later.

:cool:

Hey Everyone

I am heading off to the doctors later today and spent the morning in bed. I am not feeling so much bad a tired. My chest is still bubbling too. I may have to take this week as a rest week, we'll see what the doctor suggests.

MJ - That sounds like a very ambitious day! But fun! Nice too see you again.

I hope everyone else has a really good Monday!

Talk to you soon
Heather

I took another rest day today, since we didn't get back home until this afternoon. I'm moving my upper body workouts to Tues and Thursday and keeping legs for Friday. For the most part my soreness is gone.

We are supposed to get dumped on tomorrow - though not nearly what happened on the east coast. 6-10" for the storm, but I have to go to Lansing tomorrow as that's the day that I teach a class and as far as I know there is nothing in place for making them up. I'm been sending out delay requests to Mother Nature all day in hopes that it'll get slowed down by at least a few hours.

Heather how was the dr appt? Sending you lots of healing thoughts.

MJ did you get through everything you planned for today?

I haven't heard back from Customer Service yet about my step. :( I'll give it till Wednesday and then send another message. I've always gotten back very prompt replies before, but not this time.

Tara and Janis how are you doing?

Happy Monday Ladies!

I was truly impressed that everyone checked in on Sunday. I read - but didn't have the free attention to write, but I so enjoyed reading everyone's updates.

Yesterday I ran on the TM, a 4 mile 40 min, steady state. Today we had a scheduled power outage, so I did Hiit Pyramid while we still had power, and then did STS disc 16 (C,S,T) using my laptop. I am DOMsing like crazy now. I have to say, doing the rotation in an undulating fashion is really kicking my butt, and I love it.

MJ- You will be stunning in the dress. You are probably, like 99.9% of women, harder on yourself than you need to be. Your workout plan sounds fun, vigorous, and will certainly help you meet your goals. :) Two weeks from now I wanna hear about the tennis dress you bought! :D (you're not poser)

Heather - My goodness, I am glad you went to the doctor, my cyber diagnosis is Bronchitis. I hope you get your strength and energy back soon.

Tara - How did Meso 1, disc 6 legs go? Your enthusiasm for Athletic Step got me itching to try it again. My last attempt was the two-left feet day. It's about time to give it a whirl. I think with the MMA's you get out of them what you put in, some people are griping 'cause they don't have a certain 'look' or 'feel' to the them, but I tell ya...I was pummeling my imaginary opponent and I got a great workout! Like you said - Hiiii Yaaa! We're Bad Ass Warriors! lol.

Cathy - Such terrific news that you were able to do Meso 1 legs. Aren't you thrilled with yourself?! It sounds like your knitting adventure was well worth it, and the family survived. I hope you hear from customer service soon. Double rats on defective merchandise, mostly because it is so bloody inconvenient.

Alright - I have so much to do now that I have power again.

See you tomorrow - I am going to run, hopefully hills at the vineyard if the weather is still good, and then do circuit blast.

This morning was Disk 16 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and wow did I struggle with parts of it. Twice I had to stop 2 reps early and then on those stability ball overhead extensions I dropped my weight down after the first set. I really think my 1 RM is too high for that one as I've always struggled. I think I just need to go in and change it.

I did love having enough risers for a 14" bench! And the new step is so much more comfy that I didn't have to use my mat on it at all.

Janis I hope your power problems are solved now. That was quite the workout day you had yesterday!

So, how much impact is there in Athletic Step? I'm wanting to expand beyond MMA Kick Box and Step Moves (though I definitely need to work on that one) and try some of the others.

I will be going to and from my class today in a snowstorm.:( I could cancel and reschedule, but Nicholas' other classes will probably still run and then he'd miss out and of the four classes I'm teaching this one is the most important and because the Great Backyard Bird Count is this weekend, really needs to happen. Snow projections have it between 2-3" when we will be heading home. My problem is that we are south by enough distance that we will likely get MORE snow, so I won't know what I'm coming home to and what shape my driveway will be in and you sure can't park in the road out here!!

Hey All

I am feeling much better today and the doctor did not find anything. I have been taking my DH's asthma medicine (doctor approval) and it has been helping alot. My chest is still congested so I will wait to do cardio but I did Disc 16 Chest Shoulders and Tri's today. I was really struggling at first and thinking that I maybe had made a bad decision but by the end I felt really good! I'll do legs tomorrow and see how I am feeling on Thursday and maybe do a Steady state run or something like that. I really hate being sick!

Cathy - I think that you could do Athletic Step! There is one combo where you do jump onto the step and off but I think that you could modify if need be. I hope that the weather does not get too bad for you! My parents are off today to drive to Florida for a month... They are route goes through the storm... so I have my fingers crossed for light snow! We live in the snow belt so I am not worried about them driving but it would be nice for them to have an easier drive.

Janis - I have to agree this Undulating rotation is really shocking the system. From going to push - ups to chest drop sets is just plain painfull! I know that DOMS are in my future! How many more power outages will you have? Great work planning ahead!

MJ - did you make it through your planned workouts! I am impressed! What is the next plan?

Tara - I hope all is well, I sense that you have slipped into the abyss called work after holidays!

Thanks for listening!
Heather

Good Morning Warriors (it's still morning on the west coast!:))

This morning I did an interval run on the treadmill to CCv7, I didn't do the whole workout, but I did run 5 miles in 47 minutes. That's assuming the numbers on the treadmill are correct. :eek:

After taking my son to school I did Cardio Blast for the first time. I thought I was in for a Hiit workout, so I sort of dogged the first round, but after that I gave it more effort. It was fun and fast. After wards I practiced step with Basic Step.

Yesterday when I was coming home from Calistoga, after shopping, I saw a car lose control, run up the side of the mountain and roll over. I stopped, backed my car up so other motorists could see my flashers on the blind curve, and called 911. Three other motorists that came after me began helping the old lady get out of the car while I stopped traffic from both directions and collected flares and got them lit, which involved running uphill and downhill. I was thinking while I was running - gee - I am in pretty good shape. The old lady was fine - thankfully - and the four of us got her situated and resting flat on her back - everyone kept saying "don't move!" Given that she was upside down, with her neck bent, all of us were worried about spinal damage. Yikes - I know I didn't want to do any more harm! Any way - talk about adrenaline...it took a while for the surge to subside.

Heather - I am glad the Doctor wasn't concerned and you are feeling better. Lifting weights makes me feel good too; makes me feel alive. You're smart to take it easy and not do too much. I am hoping this is it for power outages, yesterday's planned outage was to replace equipment. Since I never saw trucks anywhere I am assuming it was equipment at the sub-station.

Cathy - Maybe customer service is buried in snow! Speaking of which, I hope your driveway is passable when you come home and that the boys were able to attend all their classes. Are you using your 14" bench height for chest presses and the like?

MJ- When will you pick up your dress from the tailor? How are your double workouts going?

Tara - Heather's right, we need to send out a search party to retrieve you from the work abyss. Man oh man, I hope it didn't consume you completely.:D

Tomorrow - Meso 2 legs and I think MMA Boxing.

Hugs and Kisses

Hi Warriors,

Your senses are keen! I was hit with a boatload of stress on Monday when I returned to work. I was mentally and emotionally drained by the end of the day, so Meso 1 legs did not happen. But today, I decided that work stress was not going to keep me from exercising. So, I'm happy to say that Meso 2 chest, shoulders and tris got done! The back-off sets were killing me this time. I really went to failure quickly! The workout felt good over all---I am already beginning to feel shoulder and chest DOMS kick in.
I think this week I will do just 1 workout a day; not that I have too many days that I workout twice, but this week I'm feeling the need ease up a bit. I think after our rest week, I will kick it back up again.

Janis, what a day you had! You're not only a Warrior, but a Hero too! :) I'm glad the lady was not hurt and am so impressed that you stopped traffic, ran up & down hills to light flares and saved the day! Go Girl!!! It's great when you do something and are able to see how staying fit enables you do it easier and better than you imagined! :) Glad that you enjoyed Cardio Blast--it's a fun one! :)

Heather, glad that you are feeling better! Those asthma meds work wonders when it comes to relieving chest restriction, don't they? It's amazing how exercising can make you feel better. On Sunday, before I did Athletic Step, I was tired, groggy and not wanting to workout at all. After I finished I felt the total opposite--I had all this energy and felt great! I'm thankful that exercise often times gives us a boost!

Cathy, thanks so much for letting me know that there is a problem with the step. I hope customer service will get a hold of you soon! I hope that you didn't get too much snow. I usually love snow, but I think I've had enough this winter!
I agree with Heather--I think you can do Athletic step--just may need to modify the moves where there is jumping on & off the step. Let us know if you try it and how it goes!

MJ, I'm bad about doing Abs regularly too. Come to think about it, I haven't done Abs in a week! So, I need to get better at doing them more too. How was your workout on Monday? Hope all is well with you. :)

Have a good evening. I plan to do Meso 2 legs tomorrow. I'm rushing to get all my STS workouts done by Thursday as my DD is having 2 of her friends spend the weekend with us. As I'm used to only 1 kiddo in the house, having 3 will probably keep me so occupied that I will not be working out over the weekend! ;)

Tara

Long day, but we are in for the night now and probably tomorrow also. I know I'm not planning to go anywhere and with the snow continuing until 1 p.m. tomorrow it would be hard anyway. Took me twice as long to get home as it would with dry roads. Then I made it about 75% of the way up the drive before I got stuck. Didn't take much shoveling though to get it out. Boys helped shovel and then the guy next door took a couple passes with his plow and DH was able to just cruise on up to the garage.

I had a message back from CS and they are going to replace my step and send me a label to return the other one. It's such a weird problem for only a single step to have and not all of them because you would think that the machines would make them all identical. So we'll see when I get the next one.

Janis that's so great that you stopped to help with the accident! Being fit pays off and I imagine the adrenaline was very freely flowing!

I'll give Athletic Step a try soon, but I think tomorrow I'll stick to very low impact cardio. My calf is very tired from having to drive slowly. Because I'm short, even with the seat all the way up I can't completely rest my heel down.

Heather I'm really glad you are feeling better and got a workout in. Yay!

MJ pop in when you get the chance!

Maybe we should have some kind of ab challenge, to help you ab avoiders. ;)

Last edited:
Janis I was lying in bed last night and realized that I forgot to answer your question about the 14" bench. :D Yes, I used it for everything where you lay on it. I always have my feet up because of my lower back, otherwise I couldn't because I wouldn't be able to put my feet flat. ;) What I found it that it was much more comfortable getting on and off the step. Also, for things like rows and kick backs where you have a knee on the step the height works much better for me. The one thing I did find it that I had to raise the pieces that hold the barbell higher for incline chest presses than for flat bench which I didn't have to do before.

So, my calf felt ok this morning and I was hearing the call of Athletic Step, so I tried it and I did it!!! Now I know that I can jump on and off 6" with no problem. My Dr. had told me by 4-6 weeks I could do 10", so I think I'll be there for sure by 6 weeks. At this point, I really think it's more of an issue of trusting that I can rather than whether or not I'm physically able. I also am finding that my cardio endurance is still pretty good - though I'm pretty sure not Hiit good. I got winded by the end of the third combo and huffed and puffed through the finished combos, but I didn't have to take any additional breaks.

Snow day here. DH is out shoveling. He e-mailed work that he would either be in this afternoon or not all depending on how things went. It was supposed to keep snowing until 1:00, but it's pretty much stopped. Looks like we got about 8-10" total, but it did drift some. No way of knowing how the road is and in the 5 miles to the highway there are definitely places that drift pretty badly.

Today I will be doing Clean Max. Since we were gone all day yesterday and I was too tired to do anything last night, there's plenty to keep me busy and clean dishes before lunch is a must.

Hope you are all having a great day!! And Heather I hope you are feeling better!

Good Afternoon Warriors

I got up early and did Disc 17 this morning. Those slide back lunges were killer... I did up my weight a bit but wow. My legs were shaking at the breakfast table!

We had to rush off to a meeting with the township and the building inspector... It was fairly stressful but ended well. I think that I mentioned this before but our house was built without any building permits and therefore no inspections were done. There are alot of big problems and up until recently the township was trying not to get involved. They are no coming and going to issue work orders for anything that is not to code (which could be alot!) so the next few weeks could be interesting. Worse case scenario we have to move out for while... Anyways I am trying to take things one step at time. Breathe

Janis - Wow what a crazy time! You should be very proud of yourself for getting into action! It must have felt great to know that you could do the job because you are in such great shape! A few weekends ago my DS had an asthma attack in a hockey game. I had to run down and upstairs out to the parking lot and behind the rink to get to him to give him the puffer. When I ran up the coach could not believe that I had run the whole time and go there that fast (now what a mom will not do for her son!) but it felt great to know that I could do it when needed! You go girl!

Cathy - Thats great that your step is working out so well. I just bought the high step and it is so nice to be able to adjust the height to match what Cathe is doing exactly.... especially since the alternative was a milk crate! Great work doing Athletic Step. Did you like it? Your cardio endurance will be back in no time!

Tara - Glad you could pull yourself our of the abyss! One workout a day is what Cathe recommends! Don't look at it as "just" one! Hope things slow down a little for you!

MJ - Hope to hear from you soon!
Heather

Happy Wednesday Warriors!

What's not to love about all the leg workouts in STS? The tri-sets sure move quickly and boy are they effective. Shaking and quivering is right! The last tri-set with squats and deadlifts had me scrambling with the barbell; up on the rack, down on the floor. I keep saying I am going to buy a second bar, and I still haven't. After that sweat-fest, I did MMA Boxing, one of these days I'll try the heavy bag bonus.

Cathy - CONGRATULATIONS on Athletic Step. You've come along way baby!
And isn't it nice to have the right equipment to get the job done. Have fun with your snow bound day!

Heather - It sounds like you are kicking-out the chest congestion. The slide back lunges get me too. What a nightmare with your house, did you buy the house from someone else? Do you have any legal recourse? In the US of A houses are inspected before they are sold! I truly hope it comes down to only minor, minor violations. Yikes - just what you need. Well - have you used the skating rink lately? I know what you mean by giving 150% effort when it comes to rescuing, coming to the aid of your children. I probably could lift an entire car if it came down to it!

Tara - The slumber party sounds like so much fun. You will have a blast! Remember to take pictures, the girls will love it! With your return to work stress and daily demands, I think one workout a day is realistic. No sense in tipping the balance to burn out!

MJ - Miss you sweetie.

Tomorrow I am going to run and then disc 18 back and biceps, because Friday I am going down the mountain to Redwood City, (south of South San Francisco) for the body composition scan. It's a 3 hr drive ONE way.

Off to eat and shower.
:D

Hi Everyone,

Got Disc 17 done! My legs are feeling it! I'm super sleepy, so I'm keeping this post short, but I read all of your posts. I'll shout out to Cathy--Congrats on doing Athletic Step!!!

I'm planning Back & Biceps tomorrow. I'll see you all then!

Tara

Whew! Disk 18 Back & Biceps wiped me out. I hit all my target weights and reps, but I was dying. It's been almost an hour and my arms are still tired. Didn't help that my triceps were still quite sore and my pecs not far behind. Back wasn't as bad, but biceps was super tough. Obviously, my weight selections were dead on and couldn't have been any higher or I'd never have managed the reps.

Gotta run as we have a science class this morning. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Good Afternoon Warriors

I am not feeling much like a warrior today! I have butt DOMS and just over all feeling achy. Last night we had to cut out some drywall from the ceiling for the inspection on Friday. I thought that I had built up some strength but WOW. It was really hard cutting with your arms up and pressing really hard. I was using my back, abs and shoulders, tri's etc like crazy and they are crying today. I have to cut a couple more pieces out today ( not from the ceiling) that shouldn't be as bad. We bought title insurance when we bought out home that is supposed to cover you if someone has put on an addition without getting a building permit. If the township gives us work orders then they should cover everything. It is the same in Canada that a final inspection must be done on the house before it is sold...but we were lied to when we bought the house from the previous owners. Anyways, enough of that...I just had to vent the other day.
I am going to either do CCC today or some yoga and Back and Bi's tomorrow!

Sounds like everyone is one day ahead of me! Talk to you all soon
Heather

Hi All,

I felt like doing some cardio today, so I did HiiT 30/30. I got through it without pushing pause for an extra break! :) 30/30 down, now have to work on not pushing pause on 40/20! I'm going to try to get Back & Biceps done tomorrow before DD's 2 friends come over for the weekend. It is always fun watching them dress up and pretend to be princesses!

Heather, I think I would feel like venting too if I was facing the stress of having my house inspected! I hope it all works out. Sounds like you did get a workout from cutting the drywall out. Hope the DOMS from that lets up soon. :)

Janis, I'm looking foward to hearing about your body composition scan if you don't mind sharing. My sister had one done about a month ago and she had surprising results; but it was a good thing. Hope Back and Biceps went well for you today. :)

Cathy, it's great that cust service is replacing your step. I hope the replacement is without any defects. Hope the snow begins to melt soon and your class went well. :)

MJ, thinking of you and hope your workouts are going as planned this week. :)

I'll see you all tomorrow!

Tara

Good Evening Warriors!

I disappear for a couple of days and come back to find that Cathy is doing high impact step, Heather has decided to become a construction worker, Tara has become a machine who can simultaneously have slumber parties, survive the dreaded return to work and keep up with her workouts, and Janis, well, Janis has become a superhero who saves elderly drivers from falling off mountains! Geesh, you guys wear me out just reading about all of it ;) lol Way to go everyone!

As for me, I am hanging in there, had to take yesterday off from workouts due to an emergency at work, but am back in the swing of things today. This morning I did LIC step and tonight I am going to do the meso 2 legs disc for this week plus medicine ball abs, since I decided to wait until I got my new medicine ball this week. The new ball is heavier so I am sure this is going to hurt. lol Havent been able to play tennis as we have developed another cold snap in correlation with the snow everyone else is getting and it looks to stay around for about a week as well. So I am going through withdrawls. lol

Alright, time for me to get a few things done then get to my workout. Talk to all of you tomorrow.

:cool:

I did Disk 17 legs this morning!! I love the trisets. I used regular weights except for the calf raises I backed down to 10 lb for the first set and no weights for the other two sets. I'm pretty sure I'll be feeling this one tomorrow I did do the extended stretch and after I'm done with breakfast, I'm going to take a hot bath.

My triceps are STILL sore from Tuesday!

Heather I sure hope your problems get resolved soon and that your DOMS are better today or at least in different places. ;)

Tara YAY!!! on 30/30. Wishing you smooth sailing on the slumber party ;) My friends who have girls have such different lives. My house has no pink stuff, no dolls, no jewelry.....

MJ I hope it warms up soon so you can play again. How heavy is your new ball? My ball is only 3 lbs, so I usually use an 8 lb weight when they are using the ball. How did you like Disk 17? Are you legs happy with you today?
:D

Off to eat breakfast and count birds. Today is the start of the Great Backyard Bird Count.

Hey Everyone

I did Back and Biceps this morning. Wow my poor Bi's were crying. I had to drop down 5lbs to do the concentration curls they were so fried. I had to cut another hole last night and they were burning then!

I am hoping to fit in CCC this morning before the Inspector comes. I thought that might de-stress me, but it might stress out my DH!
We'll see. If not this afternoon. I didn't do anything yesterday in the end. I am annoyed that I didn't do the cardio I planned but that was yesterday!

Tara - Have fun with the slumber party... We don't have very much girly stuff here either... have fun for me too!

Janis - Good luck with your scan. I want to hear all about it!

Cathy - Great work getting through Disc 17. It was a tough one! I should have done the extended stretch after! and had a hot bath! That might have saved me from the DOMS I had yesterday!

MJ- Hope the weather turns around so you can get out to play tennis!

Oh yeah... Those one legged deadlifts really sneak up on you!

Talk to you all soon
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.