Tuesday Melting!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all,

I thought I would give Shelly a break and start the thread today. No workout for me as this cold lingers on and I have no energy. I still wake up at 3:00-3:15 every morning.. not sure why. I will be back to check in later,

Deb

Hi Deb - it's good to see you. I'm glad you're taking it easy, and I hope things start to look up for you soon.

It's snowing - in March - in Arkansas! What's up with that? And to make matters even worse, I did the "right" thing and came into work instead of staying home and playing. Sigh. It's just sticking a little in the grass, and it'll be gone pretty soon anyhow. But let me tell you, it was sooo hard to force myself into the truck this morning. :p

I did good things last night - I had a lovely sweatfest with CC 7, and I ate a very healthy, low fat meal. Aren't you proud? ;) We'll see if I can stay with this trend for a while.

I'll check back later to see the rest of you ladies.

I woke up early to work out. Then I didn't do it. Well, I sort of halfheartedly tried--I pulled out a workout I hadn't tried yet--Trainer's Edge Cardio Interval Training with Petra Kolber, but I couldn't really get into it. Then I flipped through my DVD binder looking for something else. Finally I decided to do LIC Cardio Blast premix, but it was late to start, so I woke the kids and fed them, got the big one off to school. Now I'm sitting here (still haven't worked out) and I have heartburn. x(

I need to get up off my heinie and work out soon.

Deb, hope you have a good day today in spite of everything. We are all thinking of you, as you know. I also help you get some better rest!

Shannon, wow, snowing in March in Arkansas. Here I am in NY and it's 55 degrees and gorgeous out there already this morning (but supposed to rain buckets all afternoon and evening). I'm tempted to take a walk for my workout, but I don't know if I can do HIIT that way.

Leanne, I'm a couple hours or so from Cathe but haven't made it down there yet--main issue for me is the two kids--no one to watch them that long. I don't know about if it's o.k. to do recipes posted from other people on the forums, though I find it hard to imagine a forum member not being willing to share recipes in a downloadable format. I am not publishing it or making any money off it, after all. I do have little google ad links on my blog, but they literally bring in pennies a month, if that. :p

Tneah, BFL is going well (except for the occasional gas issues and the odd heartburn today). I dig the Elvis bear--might have to remember that one for my dad. My dad was never a disco freak but he is an Elvis fan--our traditional Christmas season began when he put an Elvis Christmas album on after Thanksgiving dinner.

Shelley, I posted a reply on the OD forum about your friendship issue--hope you saw it--it looked a bit buried in there because 3 of us were posting at once or something. How are you today? When ya gonna come visit? ;)

Hello to all who follow. BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Morning all!

Deb - thanks for getting us started this morning. I sure hope you get to feeling better soon!

Lainie - how are you feeling now that the day is on its way? Any better? More energetic?

Shannon - how's that snow? I hope it warms up and all melts.

Sophie was sick last night and I got a really poor sleep, so I didn't get up early this morning. I'll try to fit my run in this evening.

I don't think I ever got around to posting here yesterday. Or did I? That's what I hate most about going back to work. I'm back to the rat race of trying to fit 25 hours of stuff into 24. You all know what I'm talking about.

Deb, here's another hug for good measure. Do you have another dog? Does he/she miss Clancy?

Shelley, sorry to hear Sophie was sick last night. Is she better today? She must be, or you would have posted about staying home with her. Tristan had some kind of stomach bug on Saturday, which was a shame, because I made scallops for dinner - his favorite meal.

Shannon, we aren't as warm here as in NY, but we having lots of rain. No snow.

Lainie, I'm glad to hear BFL is still working out for you.

I've done step cardio for two days now, so I'd like to take a break from it today. I have no idea what workout I'll do instead. I really don't need to do cardio, but I'm not at all in the mood to lift. Maybe I'll just do some yoga. First I have to get my housework done. I spent the morning packing for St John. It's getting close! I'll try to get back later to post my workout and catch up on the rest of you all.

Hi Everyone :)

Deb, so good to see you this morning. Please take some time and get well, and rest. You are going through alot right now.

Shelley, sorry to hear about Sophie. Gosh, I love that name!:) Sorry, too that you got poor sleep, actually I did too for some reason. Woke up at 5:45 and could not go back to sleep even though I went to bed last night at 11:30.Ugh. It almost feels like you were out all night when you don't get that restful sleep.

Lainie, sorry bout that hearburn. I pop a Prilosec every now and then, I get it too for whatever reason. I hate it! Your cardio is only 20 minutes right? Why couldn't you take it outside and really walk hard for 20 minutes? Wouldn't that count? Plus, with the diet you are on, you are going to lose fat anyway.

Shannon, from 70 degrees to snow?:eek: Weird. Our weather is holding strong at 65 today and is warming to the middle 70's this weekend. Just so it doesn't get too hot, too soon. I am a cold weather person, hot weather wipes me out!

I think I am to the point with my program where my body is starting to "rebel" a bit. I am at a low bodyfat percentage (well, at least for me) and the ole bod isn't exactly liking it. I feel starved or something. I am NOT starved, but am starting to feel like I want to eat lots of fat and stuff to "get back" to my "normal" bodyfat or something, its a strange feeling. My DH told me I look the same to him, except my waist it smaller and the biggest difference is my bum, he says its alot rounder. Yeah! I love me some big, round booty's!:)

My dream butt looks like J Lo's or Kim Kardshian--that media hungry, big butted babe that is all over place...I will never have that kind of butt, but I can make the most of what I have right?

Today is legs, I did back and abs yesterday...ordered some new Spinervals workouts. I am really getting into them, they are so athletic and straightforward. My hiney and girly parts are starting to suffer though, being on the bike that long hurts. Must look into getting a gel cushion seat or something. BBL to say hey to the rest of you lovelies!

Robin and I were posting at the same time. And no, you didn't check in yesterday so we missed you! I am excited for you and your DH, what fun a trip to a tropical island sounds! Are you still planning on looking for those wedding bands? You really should.Take a rest day today, yoga? WOW. Good for you, my doc thinks I should try Bikram Yoga, the kind you do in a room heated to a zillion degrees. Whatever.x( Wish I could get into to it. I used to help teach a Tai Chi class though, I can do Tai Chi and its actually quite peaceful and centering, but I always forget to do that too. Have fun at work...

tneah, I bet you have a beoooooutiful booty. Mine is big. My DH thinks it's beautiful, so that's all the matters. I've just started doing a bit a yoga, since a Cathe friend sent me power yoga for happiness with eoin finn. I think it's relaxing, but it doesn't feel like a workout. Yes, I'm going to look for those rings, but I'll have to wear it on another finger. DH feels much too sentimental about our original bands and won't replace them.

I ended up doing 4DS Boot Camp with Bi and Tri weights. I probably gave it about 80% and it felt pretty good. I may have been a harder workout then I really should have done, but I hated not doing something tough on a day off from work. Besides, I'll probably need an unexpected easier day later in the week, when life stuff gets in the way.

YAY - the snow is melting! It's March. I don't want snow anymore. It had its chance in January and February, and blew it. :7

Lanie - did you find a workout to enjoy?

Shelley - it's above freezing! Melt snow, melt! I hope yours melts too. And I sure hope you get some good zzzz's tonight.

Tneah - what are you doing in Vegas if you don't like the heat? The same thing I'm doing in Arkansas, I guess. I'm not all that fond of it myself, but we sure do have it. As for big booties... trust me, if you had one, you wouldn't want it. That problem runs rampant in my family, and it's a constant battle!

Robin - hopefully if nothing hurt, then the workout was okay, right? I'm glad you enjoyed it. Now, go ice the knee, just to be safe.

Hi all. I'm back. I ended up doing LIC Cardio Blast premix as planned and it was great. I love learning new workouts, but sometimes an old favorite is just what I need to get going.

Shelley, still tired but not as bad as yesterday. How is Sophie feeling now?

Tneah, I thought about walking outside but it seemed muddy (I know, I'm a baby, but I have fairly new Ryka walking shoes and I like to walk on a trail rather than sidewalks). Tneah, you'll have to show us before and after pics so we can assess your round booty. I have always had enough butt, (not J Lo or Kardashian booty, exactly but naturally round). My mom used to say I had a "bubble butt." If I could just whittle down my middle again I'd have a nice shape, I think. I never appreciated my natural shape before I had kids!

Robin, now I'm going to think of the song "Baby Got Back" when I see your avatar. ;)

OK, gotta get ready to go pick up Isaac off the bus.

Hi,

I'm trying to load one of Clancy's pictures as my Avatar and I can;t seem to get it to work... I have it in Picture Trail and it says it has loaded it when I do my profile update, but nothing shows here...what am I doing wrong?

Deb

Deb, you copied and pasted it right? Did you use the direct link option? I use photobucket and they offer several different links to use. Wish i could be more help, maybe someone here uses Picturetrail? I would love to see a pic of Clancy!

'I like big butts and I cannot lie"...:7 :7

You guys are lucky ducks, I love a big ole round butt, I shoulda been born a brother huh?;) And I mean that in a good way, not prejudice or anything, but you all know that already right? Hey, men love a nice big butt...its kinda funny. I have the boobs though..not so funny. They seriously get in the way, DH is a boob man, thank goodness.

Lainie, I just might have to give you a rear view after my 12 weeks are up. Naturally I have a square flat butt, so squats and any exercises concerning the butt are my best friends. Oh, I did LIC cardio blast thingy this morning too!:) I needed a break from the bike this AM, ouch, I think if I actually had a nice big round ass, it would provide me some cushion against my spin bikes cruel, hard seat.}(

Oh and Shannon, I know! Never in a million years did I think I would wind up in Las Vegas. We just really needed to get away from going into the office everyday, instead we bring the office to us. Joy.

OK, I just have to hop on and share the funny thing Ewan said tonight. He was practicing with the toilet--standing trying to pee. I don't think he really had to go, but he tried and nothing happened. Then he said, "My penis doesn't working!" (yeah, they use the word "penis"--we don't bother with the euphemisms for body parts much)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.