Trying to Fit Yoga in For Thurs Sept 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Cardio Spin - interval workout. This is an older Spinning workout and is only 45" long and the intervals are all hill climbs (joy). I guess I chose the wrong one for having fried legs. I modified and did a few cadence drills in place of the standing climbs. Too much pressure on my foot and they are hard for me. I repeated part of the workout to make it 63". I'm not sure how many calories I burned, as my HRM lost the setting right in the middle of my workout....so I'm not sure....but in the last 23 minutes, I burned 165 calories....so I assume I burned around 400 calories.

My migraine is back for day 3. Just put Grr oil on my forehead and temples to try to get rid of it....but it's not working yet.

I think the grocery store up the street has an opening in the Deli. I'm supposed to call the guy later about it. I"m not really thrilled. I don't think I'd like working in the deli and I just interviewed at Target and Penneys yesterday.....and I"m supposed to hear from them in a couple days....but I think they would only be part-time jobs. I have no idea how this is going to all workout if I need to work 2 partime jobs....as I have no clue how you'd juggle that? Target and Penneys is only seasonal work and they explained how long your hours are around the holidays and how they stay until midnight, etc. Oh well, I guess I have to suck it up and do what I have to do!

Kel - So sorry to hear about your allergies (i can relate with my horrid sinus condition) and the poison ivy coming back. Why don't you call your family doctor and ask him about getting put on a short course of prednisone? I know they sometimes use that to treat both severe poison ivy and severe allergies once in a while. Sounds like your doctor should have already suggested this for you (that is ...if you've been in touch with him). Also sorry about your sleeping woes.....it's the week before TTOTM for me.....and I don't sleep at this part of my cycle....so I can relate to that also. Hang in there. The Boat Festival sounds fun. Is that on a river??

Jen - glad to hear Lenny is getting thru this round of treatments and that he has a favorable outcome. Wow -- 500 workouts in que!! That's quite a collection! (almost like my house....LOL). Vacations NEVER last long enough, do they?

Have a great day ladies.

Here's some info from yoga newsletters I just read that you might find interesting:

this is from Ravi & Ana's Kundalini newsletter:

Hi there!! I was reading on your website and have a question for you. I currently practice ashtanga yoga intermediate series 1 and kundalini sounds very similar is it? I love ashtanga it makes me feel wonderful!! Thanks Julie

Thanks for writing. Kundalini Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga, we feel, are very complimentary. They both make use of Hatha Yoga poses but are decidedly more dynamic. Ashtanga uses body weight for strengthening and balance and consists of a few routines with variations. Kundalini Yoga also works on strength and balance, as well as endurance, the nervous and glandular systems, releasing the spine and connective tissue, and opening up energy flows in the body. If you would like to combine these systems we suggest that you begin with your Ashtanga workout and then end with a Kundalini Yoga set and/or meditation.

1. It seems easy for me to lose weight in my legs; but my tummy and upper arms are stubborn, do you have recommendations? Also, I seem to be starting to have a double-chin and some tin layers of fat on my neck, what can be done about that?

2. We plan to have a baby in a few months time; do you have recommendations on preparing for a pregnancy in terms of yoga exercise, meditation or diet? I would greatly appreciate that! Thank you!

Thanks for writing. We are happy to hear you are benefiting from the DVD's. For the upper arms we recommend the second set of Beginners &Beyond. Build up of fat in different areas of the body often relates to the liver, which when overtaxed or toxic relies on other areas of the body to store fat. The Yoga Cleanse DVD has a great set for liver cleansing. It also works on the thyroid for metabolic balance. Set two has a great upper arm workout which also works on the liver. As a prelude to pregnancy it is important to detox the liver so your blood will be pure when it carries nutrition to your baby. We also recommend doing a good amount of abdominal exercise now because you will be limited in this dept. from the 4th month on. This will also help regarding ease of delivery. We recommend Navel Power.

Half hour brisk walks before your yoga would be beneficial for you as well. In addition, the Sa Ta Na Ma meditation on Yoga House Call and Yoga Quick Fixes would be great to do, leading up to, and through pregnancy. Sa-Ta-Na-Ma, the sounds of Creativity and Creation, is sort of like a cosmic lullaby.

We recommend moving towards a 100 percent organic diet which includes adequate greens, protein, and some uncooked vegetarian foods. We wish you health, joy, and blessings!

And this is from Yoga Journal -

Yoga as Medicine

If you?ve ever felt a twinge of guilt or a shudder of remorse at the amount of cash you?ve spent on yoga classes, here?s some relief: You could be front-loading your healthcare costs.

In clinical trials, patients with asthma, type II diabetes, or high blood pressure who began a regular practice of yoga were able to lower their drug dosage or eliminate some pills entirely. If you?re a disease-free individual, research shows that yoga can help you to remain so by strengthening organ function, improving digestion, and helping with removal of waste products, carcinogens, and cellular toxins.

Good morning TTFYI checker-iners!

This morning, I did KPC minus the "C". My legs were already totally fried from yesterday's workout so I was a little stiff at first but once I got moving & stretched a little, they loosened up & I had a really great workout.

Lora - I am so sorry to hear about your extended migraine. That's awful & I hope it goes away soon. Do you tend to get these around TTOTM? I've only had a few in my life & they don't seem to coincide with anything. They just appear out of the blue for no apparent reason. I don't know what to tell you about working 2 part-time jobs but just be honest & open with them if you get an offer & perhaps they can help you work it out. Maybe a full time position will open up at one of those places instead. Also, I can't see you working in a deli with meat & everything. Gosh, I hope you don't have to do that. But like you said, you gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks for posting the yoga article. I always find them informative & helpful.

Jen - Hope everything is going well with Lenny & I hope you get a chance to check in later today!

Well, I've got a busy day ahead so I better get going. Hope everyone has a great day & I hope to check back in later.

Take care!

Hi ladies! Popping in at lunch. Lenny slept well last night, which means I did too. Back to work today.

Lora-Sorry about the migraine. Hope the Grrr works...the name of that cracks me up every time. I forgot all about holiday hiring this time of year. I used to work at Target. Actually, DH & I met there. I really enjoyed my time there and worked several different jobs-cashier, cash office, cashier supervisor, pull (stock) team, and chargeback to name a few. I still love that store and shop there more than anywhere else. Good Luck on your prospects!

Kel-Congrats on your good workout this morning! How's the poison ivy today? Have you placed your collage video order yet? I broke down and did one yesterday. I ordered Self Legs, Squeeze, and Bar Method Designer Sculpting. I think that's it...or at least all I remember....I hope I stopped at those!

Have a great afternoon everyone! BBL!

[font color=darkkhaki size=+2]*Jen*[/font]

[font color=darkorange size=+3]Atlanta Cathe Fan[/font]

Hi again! Like Jen, I'm popping in right after lunch but still have a full afternoon of work ahead of me. That's why I didn't have much time to post earlier. Hopefully, my DH & I can have a nice, quiet evening at home for a change. This week has been very busy!

Lora - I forgot to respond to your questions/advice about the poison earlier. When I initially went to the doctor, they prescribed a 12 day pack of prednisone & I've still got 2 days left after today. They didn't want to give me a shot because it doesn't stay in your system very long & the affected areas were so severe. Also, since the top layer of skin renews every 14 days, they felt that the 12 day dose would do the trick. They also prescribed antibiotics due to a 2nd degree infection in one spot, along with some kind of anti-itch pill that knocked me for a loop (I quit taking those as soon as I could!). Unfortunately, it's just so bad that it reappeared in one area. When I went back y-day, the doctor said that's unusual, especially after the 12-day regimen of steroids, but it happens sometimes. Since I've been on the prednisone for so long & since the area appears to be very isolated at this point, he didn't want to give me any more steroids so he prescribed a topical cream with the highest dose of medicine available. He basically said that I've been treated from the inside out so now we're going to fix it from the outside in.

Jen - Good to "see" you! Glad to hear Lenny had a good night too. I guess maybe I answered the question you had about the poison above? More specifically, it's not bothering me anymore but I really just want it GONE FOR GOOD! I bet you're excited about your new Collage order! No, I haven't placed mine yet but I've been planning - LOL. I was really wanting to space some of these expenditures out a bit so I'm trying to wait until we get the shipping notification for the new Cathe series. I looked at Squeeze & it looks really good... but it's also pretty expensive. Please let me know if you think it's worth it once you receive it. One more DVD I'm looking at is Michele Dozois Your Best Body Circuit because it's gotten good reviews, it comes with a 6' band, & I like her. Seems like I've seen you two talk about that one in the past. What do you think? I think I'll still get at least one more band too.

Oh my goodness, I wrote way more than I intended. I better get back to work again. Hope everyone has a great afternoon & I'll try to peek back in again later if I get a chance...

Hi Ladies - just popping in real quick with some news. I'm running around like a wild woman cuz of info I got this morning --

Guess What??? I got a job this morning. I'm starting on Monday. I'll be working for a Dermatology practice in the Lab typing Path reports.......160 plus a day!! Yikes.....not sure I'm ready for this or that I can even do it. So much for my shoulder pain.......as it's about to get severe. Last time I did transcription it was rough on me cuz of my injury. I feel blessed to get a job....yet I'm very nervous and it will be an adjustment going back after such a long break. I've got lots to do around here to prepare. I'll also be able to use those Navy Scrubs .....cuz they wear uniforms and you're allowed any color! YAY!! I hope I can get my lazy butt out of bed on Monday and HEAR the alarm!! .......but I'll probably never be able to fall asleep!

Here's the kicker - - I was actually on my knees praying and crying and was at one point in the prayer about "what is the lesson I'm supposed to learn from this......if it's wanting a job cuz I need it for self-worth, I'm there"...........and before I even finished, the phone rings and it's Tania....the office manager from the Derm practice with a job offer. It almost was like a direct message from God, that I finally GOT what he must have been trying to teach me....cuz up until very recently, I was not feeling so worthless.

Kel - both Jen & I have that Michelle Dozois workout. I love her. I've only done it once or twice but I liked it. I have her other new stuff on preorder from Amazon.

gotta run....have a bunch of stuff I need to do around here.

Woo-hoo, Lora!!! That's GREAT news! What a wonderful story too. Seems like it happened at just the right time. Thanks for sharing your exciting news with us & I'm sure you'll do great. CONGRATULATIONS!!!:D

Forgot to mention that I went to the foot doc today cuz my appt was scheduled for monday and couldn't go cuz of my new job. I've seen all 3 podiatrists in the practice now and you've never seen a doctor cringe as much as they did when I told them what I've been doing on my foot. Luckily, it is still healing with a bone callous but I have to wear the boot longer and she told me not to go on the Elipitcal with my boot on yet (I asked). I don't know .......I'm ready to do some kickboxing on the rebounder and eliptical instead of bike!! At least I haven't screwed it up so far....but she said I have to still be VERY careful not to refracture it as it still has a few more weeks of healing! and even after that, I won't be able to run and do high impact for a while.

Kel - thanks for the congrats. It was quite moving the way everything happened. I was just telling my Mom the other day that she needs to be more positive when I vent my frustrations and instead of saying, the job market is tough and everyone's struggling........to say - Lora, God hasn't got you clean and brought you this far in your life to drop you on your butt now! He'll come thru!! and when these sorts of things happen the way they did today, it chills me to the bone. I was crying joyful tears and was so nervous that I couldn't even dial the phone to call my husband. Finally, I did and he started crying and said nobody could have looked any harder for a job or deserved it more than you and then he told me he loved me (which he NEVER does). Then I called Mom to tell her and she was in tears too.

Thanks for all of the listening you guys have been doing when I vented about being jobless. I appreciate your friendship.

Hi ladies! I have a minute while dinner is cooking. We already cooked dinner, but it didn't smell so good (chicken gone bad), so we are trying to fix something else (salmon). I actually completed a WO tonight, but a short one. Only did S & H Legs, but increased by barbell weight by 10 pounds. Felt good! :)

Lora-[font color=coral font size=+3] CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW JOB![/font] That is wonderful news! Like Kel said, I am sure you will do great!

Gotta go check on dinner!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.