Trying To Fit Yoga in For Thurs Sept 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Yogini's -

I overslept a few minutes this morning and had a hard time waking up. Didn't feel like working out, but I did Cycle All-Terrain with Brook Hayward for 50" and burned 348 calories. That workout is always tough for me. She's psycho.

Running late........no time for personals right now. I'll try to check in after work.

Hey ladies -

Quick post for me as well. DH is in the hospital having fainted at a restaurant. The last I heard is that we think he had a blood clot reach his heart. His face is all bruised from where he fell. I spent the evening with him in the hospital, before they determined he needed to stay. I think this morning will be a short run to retrieve the car (about 2.5 miles), then some Namaste Yoga.

Lora - sorry you woke up late - I hate that! Good job at getting in the cycling workout! Sounds like a good one! I'll have to look it up.

Hey Jennifer - thanks. He's in good spirits but he's really bored. The doctor will be reviewing the test results and will be in at noon (I'm west coast) to tell him what, if anything, they've found. I'm going to head over there in about an hour so that I'm there when the doc is. DH is not known for asking a ton of questions or giving a good synopsis of the results, so I figure I need to be there. :p

Good afternoon. Getting a late start today. Well, I've been here on the forums but just getting around to post in our check-up today. This morning I did the Cardio Fusion 42 minute premix. I love this one... short, sweet, & what a sweatfest! I'm not a big fan of cardio at all but this one never has that dread factor for me. Tomorrow will be a total body circuit so I'll let you know what I end up doing. Still no yoga to report but I hope to fit some in over the weekend.

Lora - Sounds like you got in a great workout in spite of running late. Hope you have a great day at work & hope to see you later!

Christine - Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear about your DH. How scary! Hope you enjoyed your run & yoga... & please keep us posted about your DH.

Jen - Good so see you for a minute. Sounds like you've been getting in some great workouts this week! Hope you have a good day at work & hope you have a chance to visit again later.

Yve - The class I plan to take on Tuesday is called flow yoga & she just does whatever she feels like, sometimes depending on the size of the class. If we have a really small class, she may do an intensive restorative sequence. I'll let you know how it turns out next week. Hope you get a chance to pop in later too.

Well, I still have lots to do & less than 2 hours to do it so I better go for now. I hope everyone has a great Thursday & I'll try to check back in for a minute before I leave for the day. I probably won't get a chance to visit after that because my DH & I are going to visit his dad in the hospital & then go out to eat.

See y'all later!:)

ETA: Jen - You asked about the blast-only section on KM & it clocks in at just under 15 minutes so it's a nice & tough cardio add-on to a weight workout. I've been trying to increase my cardio (I currently do all cardio workouts only 2 days a week) & I find that I can deal with it in short doses, added on to my beloved weight workouts.

Christine - Any word on your DH yet? I hope everything is okay...

Good afternoon ladies,

I didn't get to workout yet today... I went and got my hair cut and coloured... and now I feel human again.

Lora - That is quite the workout - especially after having slept in. Hope you get some rest tonight - You have been tired for a while now.

Christine - How scary. Oh my goodness. I hope your DH has a speedy recovery. Is there anything that may have caused the blood clot.. pls post and let us know how he is doing.

Kel - Cardio Fusion - I haven't done that one in a long while...If we have a rainy day soon - I will pull it out. Your instructor sounds really good - She caters the practice to the class - rather than doing the same thing all the time. I really like restorative class. How is your FIL doing? Will he be in the hospital much longer?

Jen - I do enjoy being outside when the weather is nice. I find these long walks very relaxing - and bc of the hilly area we live in - I do manage to get my heart rate up during the walk. I walk outside in the winter when I can.... If it is too cold - then I won't.... I don't tolerate the cold very well - and Canadian winters can be just frigid sometimes....Last year - there were a few days that went as low as -40degrees celsius. This is why I make a point of being outside when it is nice... bc our summers are too short.
I can take it to about - 10 degrees with the windchill... I just don't enjoy it any colder than that. Do you walk outside year round? Does Atlanta have a 'true' winter season - or is it more fall-like in the winter months?

Have a nice evening everyone.

Yve.

Hi again. Still at work but getting ready to leave.

Yve - My FIL is still in the hospital & no word as to how long he'll need to stay yet. But my DH was finally able to talk to a nurse to find out exactly what's going on so that's good. It's really way too long to go into but he's just having a very rough time & he told my DH today that he doesn't know how much longer he can take this. I feel so bad for him going through all this & I just hope he gets better soon.

Christine - Still thinking about you & your DH. I hope you get good news & will keep us posted.

Well, I gotta go! Hope everyone has great evenings & I'll see you again tomorrow.:)

Hi ladies! Popping back in again. No WO for me tonight. Decided rest was best. I think most of the soreness is gone from the lower body but the upper body still stings a bit-especially in the chest. I received Lotte Berk Method Basic Essentials from Netflix today. I will let you know how it goes! Also, I completely caved in on the Barry's Bootcamp clearance (see Open Discussion Board for more details) for $24.90 @ hsn.com. Tomorrow's the IVF mini-consult.

I will catch up on everyone's posts again tomorrow.....since I am off of work :p

Have a great night!

You ladies are wonderful! Thanks for the well wishes and wonderful thoughts! The good news is that it was not a heart attack or a clot. They think it was a reaction to the codeine in the cough syrup that lowered his blood pressure and caused him to faint. The bad news is that they are not 100% certain, so they are keeping him overnight for observation. But, that's okay. I want him healthy.

Tomorrow before I go back to the hospital I plan I nice long yoga session. I'll need it to help me center myself.

Oh - you gotta love insomnia!!!

Jen - Best wishes for the IVF session tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.

Christine - Thank goodness that your DH did not have a heart attack... but how scary that he would react like that to medication.
Hope you enjoy your yoga tomorrow.

Chat with you tomorrow.....or should I say later today :eek:
Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.