Trying to Fit Yoga in for Thurs Dec 28

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Rebecca Small's Step 2 Success for 60". I did the first 3 combos and repeated to make it 60". I don't think I could have kept up the intensity and continued learning new combos....as I started to really tripped up with the end of the third combo. She throws all kinds of direction changes and spins in the mix.....I'll have to work on this on my rest days. Yay.....I love my dancing step coreography to practice on my rest days. Then once I learn them I can really work them and jump and add propulsions. I did good on the 1st 2 combos. They were fun and I kept my heartrate midrange high...147 or so. I burned 420 calories.

What does it take to get this layer of fat off of your legs? I know I've been working hard, but all I look is fatter...cuz I think I just build muscle under the fat. What does it take to lose this.....super low calorie and clean diet?? IF so, I'll never shed it....cuz I just can't limit my calories by too much or you wouldn't want to be in my company!

I'm very nervous for this morning. The fact that I'm meeting with BOTH Attorneys is really scaring me. I'll be a babbling idiot....I tend to talk to much when I get nervous.

Meg - I'm thinking that Jennifer Kries Yoga blend DVD would be really good for your sarcoidosis. I was thinking since you work on getting the lymph flowing and clearing blocks, etc. it would be very beneficial. Also, it's very relaxing and feels so good. The segment afterwards looked good to. I'm going to try to do both back to back later tonight (if I have time). Got mine at www.CDUniverse.com. Just type in Jennifer Kries and Hot Body/Cool Mind - Waking Energy and Working Life Force workouts come up. They were around $10 each. The DVD also has a Pilates ring segment on it that looks interesting and the 5 Tibetans (from yoga)....the 5 poses to keep you healthy. They were a Tibetan Monks best kept secret....until??? We do the 5 Tibetan Rites in Kundalini yoga also and they aren't exactly easy. The weird thing about that workout last night is at one point we were smacking under our underarms with cupped hands (to get the lymph moving) and I have a large lump under my one armpit that's been there forever....maybe I'm imagining..but I swear this morning when I got my shower, it looked slightly smaller than usual. Oh, and the karate chops to the traps and neck felt wonderful. It's amazing how good it actually feels to beat your body with your fists (legs) and squeeze the webbing between your fingers/thumbs.....and you do all of those things. Gotta run. (I don't know what the DH or kids would think of you doing this to yourself...as I guess it would look strange..LOL). By the way, thanks for the card recently....I meant to mention it before.

I read the thread from last night but I'm in a bit of a hurry right now. Have to get ready. I'll be back later if I missed a question, etc. No yoga yet today. Hoping to do that Jennifer Kries segment again tonight with the other stretching segment that follows it. It would be the ultimate relaxation with both.

Jen - Just saw your question about rebounders. I was told when I was looking not to get one from Dick's cuz they are too cheap and will break real soon. I got the Urban Rebounder online and it was about $130....can't remember exactly. I use Urban Rebounding Compilations for workouts or modify other workouts on it. Works well for P90 cardio and also all kinds of other workouts, but you have to be a bit creative. I just ordered 2 new rebounding videos that I read about over at VF. They are supposed to be advanced and I hope I like them, cuz they weren't cheap. $60 for 2 of them!!! outrageous

Lora,

I really enjoy reading all the information you have about yoga. So interesting. I am glad to hear you found something that worked for you that you just recently purchased. That is awesome! And I bet you get your C&S today. I wanna know how you like the new lunar stuff. I really think you will be surprised at how nice both Lycaon and Wolf Moon smell.

hello to everyone else.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - probably won't have my Wolf Moon until next week. No C&S yet.

Well - today's interview didn't go as well. I only met with the one Attorney that didn't meet me. He was younger and more serious and business like. My DH states that from some of his comments - he sounds like an #@@hole. My intuition sensed that he didn't care for me. He only asked me about my last position and not previous jobs. He also made some comment that we aren't looking for someone that can type 300 words per minute.....as law practice has changed over the years. What the heck was that supposed to mean.....he doesn't like me cuz I typed over the average 60 WPM?? He also made some comments like he's the one always giving the secretary something 5 minutes before it's time to go home and asked if I was flexible. What does this mean?? I don't want to stay over every other day. Anyway, that's all of the specific comments I can think of.

The funny thing is that when I arrived, I told the receptionist (with whom I've already become friendly with) that I was really nervous today and she said I should have been nervous the other day, not today. She said Ed (the atty from today) was cool. I think maybe Ed is favoring the other person they interviewed and Jay is favoring me. They said that Jay needed to interview the one that Ed met with the other day (when Jay couldn't make the appt) and then they would decide. I do get the feeling the Office Manager liked me.....but we'll see.

Also, after talking to the atty today, he made this job sound like a pretty big headache and made it sound so busy that you're overwhelmed all of the time. Not sure I can handle that.

Oh and here's the kicker. The last secretary (that just left to move back to Florida) came to them with a reference letter that said she was a "one in a lifetime employee"....blah...blah blah...and that when they interviewed her, they actually liked the other interviewee's personality better, but hired the one with the great reference letter based on that......I don't have a reference letter!!
I'll be back later ladies.

I just came in from a 40 min run OUTSIDE!!! IT was sooo nice. I had my ear warmers on LOL! I saw deer running thru the woods and it was *quiet* even though I had my IPOD. Just nice. I want to do some UB now. I might not get to it till tonight. I have to work at 5, and still have work to do in the bedroom.

Char- I agree with enjoying Lora's knowledge.

Lora- which ever job is right for you, it will work out. It will of course be awkward at first, but once you settle in, I am sure you will do wonderfully.
Thanks for thinking of me and the Sarcoidosis. You are right about the lymph nodes and all that. I am going to order that DVD. I looked at a little last night on Amazon, but they didn't have any descriptions. Thanks for the link.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Meg - Please realize I've only done the one segment on that and watched a few of the others.....so the rest of it might suck. Just so you know you might be spending your money for only a couple segments. Someone at VF said they didn't like it cuz it was too Mind Body for them. It does have some Tai Chi parts in it (Energy Waking.....and it doesn't look like I'd like that).

Hi All!

Today I did BodyMax#1....I found the step and power circuits easier than BM#2, but the UB section harder than BM#2....BUT, I love them both:7. I think next time I will mish-mash them together.

Jen: My body doesn't handle dairy too well....try a vanilla soy latte-they are SO good, it is like a dessert for me:9! Thanks for the info on the book. I have had almond butter on my list for a very long time, but can't seem to find it locally...I guess I'll have to buy it online. I'll keep trying Fluid Power and will keep you posted. Great workouts, by the way!

Lora- yeah, I know. BUt I trust you, and I like Jennifer Kries. SOunds like a nice relaxing one. I need more of that anyway.

Hey TammY!

Jenn- my fingers are AOK now. Put some cream med on them over night and they are fine now. I like B&G as a whole, cuz of all the different moves. THe leg blast premix is awesome because it REALLY fries them. You repeat the firewalkers, walking lunges, one leg lunges, leg presses and some others. A good one, but no floor work on it. The one I did last night was nice for an easier night, but Ididn't feel real worked. But that's ok sometimes.
Yes, Chase is much happier now that he has Obi Wan. Of course the other 20 Star Wars figurines weren't good enough!
Can't wait to see your smily face for real!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Tammy - I hope you're gonna give Shiva's Fluid Power another try this weekend. Don't give up your first try!! If I did that throughout my life.....God only knows where I'd be!! (both in the yoga sense and every other way!!)

Meg - I just did part of the Level 1 J Kries DVD cuz everyone at VF wants to know how they differ. It has the same sort of Yin Yoga Chi stuff at the end like I did yesterday only they are only 15 minutes long, so I did them both back to back earlier and ended up dosing off in corpse pose at the end. When we were doing it...she said it was ideal to do before sleep. I might need to go out and do it again if I can't fall asleep. The Level 1 one has a ballet section, jazz section, 2 Pilates sections and a yoga section ...all are about 15-20 minutes long and she gives LOTS of instruction. The one I did yesterday had longer segments and less instruction. It also has the Pilates Magic Circle, Pilates sculpting segment, Physio Ball segment, Standing Waking Energy workout (the one I that doesn't really look that great to me) and the one I did yesterday. You can use it by chapter, or go into one of the preprogrammed customized programs they have set up (on both DVDs).

and if Jason ends up with Elizabeth on GH....I swear I'm gonna be so MAD. I'm so sick of her and her baby. Errrr. I love Sam and Jason. She best not break them up!!

Hi everyone! Tonight's WO was Killer Butt w/ Delores Munoz and I added the 10 min bonus Killer Abs & back. I used ankle weights for the first time with this WO-I found some at Marshall's for 7.99. I thought they were adjustable, but they weren't, so I had to stick w/ 2.5 lbs on each leg throughout the floorwork-tough stuff! I printed out several potential rotations for my next one-can't believe this four weeks is almost over. I read some advice (someone else asked the question) from Fitnessfreak that said that if you still have fat loss to do, you should continue to do endurance until you have met your goal, then start back with heavy weights again. Not what I wanted to hear, but I know she really, really knows her stuff-so I will stick w/ that advice. I am just going to take a minute to pout about missing my heavy weights..x( x( x( :( :( :( :(:(:( ;( ;( ;(
Okay, I think I got it out of my system. On with personals-

Lora-I know what you mean about how hard it is to limit calories. I am technically supposed to be below 1490/day. I've tried, but when I ate that low I couldn't complete my WOs. I also couldn't get that low w/o using artificial sweetners and/or high fructose items, which I have read enough about now that they are no-no's for me these days. Too bad about the rebounder-I don't want a cheapo! I think I will stick to WO clothes or a HRM when I use my gift card. Also considering Rollerblades. Ahh..these are good dilemmas to have. Sorry the vibes weren't as good at the second interview today. Sounds like you are very perceptive though, and you will know if it is meant to be.

Char-Lora's got you hooked on BPAl oils, too! What's your favorite? How's the FIL situation panning out? I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Megadoo-Glad you had a nice run and that's so cool about the deer. It sounds so peaceful! What are some of your favorite iPOD workout tunes? I also wanted to ask, during your weight loss, were there any books that inspired you regarding eating? Did you count calories?

Tammy-I just got Body Max 1 today, so that is good information. Wow! The UB section is harder than BMax2-but surely not tougher than the double UB premix?! Great idea to mish-mash them! I will give the soy latte a chance. I had been drinking Lactaid for awhile, thinking the dairy was messing with me, but the results were inconclusive. Do you drink Lactaid at all? I had more almond butter today and I am hooked now. The only trouble is that it separates and I have not found a technique of stirring it that does not dump the contents on the counter! I've tried blunt knife, spoon, etc. but it's just a mess! Today I tried steel cut oats. Not so great. I was having organic instant oatmeal anyway, so I wasn't doing bad in this area to begin with, but I want to try to keep everything as clean as possbile so I figured I would give the steel cut a try. Prep time was 15 minutes compared to the 75 seconds I am used to. At this point, I am not convinced that the nutritional benefits outweigh the prep factor. Dr. Oz says the oats reheat very well. I'll be testing that out tomorrow morning.

I got my "new" Cathes today and the calendar. I feel like I won the fitness lottery!!!! :)

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.