Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sun Jan 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies - Not sure if anyone's around today

My DH was in the basement this morning so I couldn't do my planned Spinning workout. I ended up doing Women's Health Train for Your Body Type - HIIT Cardio 2 times through using the Rebounder and then I did a 10" cool down and stretch. Workout was 65" and I burned 619 calories. I then went downstairs and did P90X+ Abs & Core. My DH moved the one bench out so I could use it to do the leg raises....as it has handles on it to do leg lifts etc. I felt it a lot better and my movements were a lot more controlled this way. I left my HRM running thru abs and core and at the end I'd burned 830 calories.

I also did Kundalini Yoga with Donna Davidge....Spine & Flexibility 45" followed by Perfect in 10 Yoga - Stress Relief segment. I won't go into detail about the yoga workout since I'm not sure anyone will be checking in today.
Have a great day everyone. This weekend is going by way too fast!

Good Morning!

Today'w workout is Plyometrics, and then I am aiming for Ali McGraw's yoga. I had a busy past 2 days of shopping, it was great!

Lora--you have such amazing calorie burns! I am jealous! How do you burn that much in an hour? I am impressed. How are you liking the new p90x +? Would you recommend them? I am not sure if I am going to bet the right away. I need to finish this rotation, and then I want to take a break from Tony and focus on running weights and yoga.

Ok, I will try and check in later! Hellos to everyone that follows!

Carrie

Carrie - I've been getting higher calorie burns ever since I got my new HRM. It's a Mio Drive. My last model was the Mio Shape and I don't know if it's more accurate or what?? I hope so. My DH set my weight, age and gender in it and swears he did it right. I even made him double check it. I hope it's set right. I'm horrible with technology....but maybe I'll have to try and see that it's correct for sure.

As far as the new P90X....I've only done Kenpo X+ and Total Body and Abs and Core so far and I really like them. Lots of unique moves and I'm really getting sore from the assisted pullups. I think they will be good to add in to the original series to keep from getting bored....but the rotations in the booklet don't really give too much variety. I'll proably play around with my own version. I'll keep you posted.

The new Eion Finn yoga is up for pre-order on Amazon!!!! I just ordered...can't wait for this!!

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Yoga-Ha...ef=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1199622813&sr=1-4

Hi Lora-

I just finished my workout. Plyometrics was 58 mins and I burned 282 calories. I also did Ali McGraw's yoga. Good workout.

Lora-How would you compare the Kenpo's? I find the original not very hard. I like doing it, I just want more of a workout. I was disappointed they didn't come out with another YogaX. Is Eion your favorite instructor?

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Carrie

Carrie - Yes, Eion is one of my fave's......I have a few....Shiva, Rainbeau and Tilak. I think Eion is #1 though. I thought Kenpo X+ was about as intense as I do the regular version with my own modifying up. I think Kenpo X is very low intensity....so I do it my pumped up way and this compared to the way I normally do it....but I didn't think it was killer....but enjoyable! You have me worried that my HRM is not set right....I'm gonna have to look at it again....if I could figure it out!

Goodmorning ladies,

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Saturday morning I went to prenatal yoga - and yesterday I went to my regular pilates class.... Last night I fell asleep at 8:00pm.
I don't know why I was so exhausted!

Today I think I will do the Erin O'Brien Prenatal Fitness Fix. As far as prenatal workouts - she is a pretty good instructor.

Lora - I didn't realize Eion has a new dvd coming out - I went to his site - and watched the clip - it looks amazing. I also realized that he will be running a superflow workshop in Toronto in February... I wish that I could go - but in Feb I will be around 8 and a half months... don't think it's a good idea...His new book sounds interesting though.
Hope all goes well at work today.

Carrie - Wonderful that you had a shopping spree. Where did you go shopping?

Jill - Hope all is well - and that it has warmed up a bit in Omaha... the cold is really hard to deal with. I used to turn on a portable heater when doing yoga.. It was my miniature hot yoga class - but really it was also to deal with the cold in my basement!

Jen - I hope you are starting to feel better - and the cold is going away.

Hi Kel - Hope all is well.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.