TGIF *****Kettlebell Checkin******

andilynn67

Cathlete
Good morning everybody, last nite I started back into my kettlebells and had to do Santa Monica , I love this workout , I wish all the dvd's had speed rounds and the 10 second breaks, combned with the ropes it makes it a killer workout! I'm still stronger on my right side TGU's than my left, I need to keep working on them.

Waves to all and have a great Friday!:)

Good Morning

No workout for me this morning! I was up late playing Mahjong, and could not get out of bed. I may try for stretch max this afternoon. (although a treadmill run would be better, not sure I can fit that in!)
It is the first day of spring and I will be taking the boys to Rita's Ices for the free ices today!:)

Andilynn:::love Santa Monica, sounds like you had a fun workout!

Jane::: how was the workout your sister made up?

waves to everyone else!
Have a great weekend!

Happy spring!!

Andilynn - Glad you're enjoying Santa Monica. It sounds like a fun workout.

Deanie - Enjoy your rest day. What are Rita's Ices?

Jane - How was you the workout your sister made up?

Waves hello to Marcy, Farmer, and Vilma. :)

Deadlifts went well last night. Doing them with only 15 second rests between sets was interesting. That's only really enough time to shake out your hands and take a few breaths before setting up for the next one. I ended up doing 10x3 in around 6-7 minutes.

I'm thinking of doing some of Providence tonight, maybe.

Have a good day everyone!

Happy Spring Everyone!!

Today is a rest day. I have another 5K race tomorrow morning.

The workout was good last night. We did all of exercises lying or sitting down (which was nice for a change). This what it looked like.
15 weighted situps
15 Jack Roberts (3 push ups immediately following by 3 shoulder presses - shoulder presses are done on your knees)
15 Russian Twists
15 Chest Presses
15 Kettlebell to Toes (with legs extended)
15 Seated Shoulder Presses
15 Floor Wipers
15 Pullovers
We did 3 rounds of everything above. We were all tired so it was a good workout.

Andilynn - Santa Monica sounds like a great workout.

Deanie - Enjoy your rest day!

Gayle - Today sounds like a good day for Providence. Enjoy!!

Waves hello to Marcy and Farmer!

Have a great Friday!!

Good Afternoon!

Really busy day today. Last day of Week 6! Did 4 ladders, 3 rungs of Clean & Press (25#) and

Pullups:

Ladder 1: 1; 1&3/4; and 2 & 3/4-1
Ladder 2: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 1 and 2@3/4-1
Ladder 3: 1; 1&3/4; 2@3/4-1 and 1/2
Ladder 4: 3/4-1; 1&3/4; and 1 and 2@1/2

Then I did swings. I was supposed to do 6 minutes of 25 reps with 5 seconds rest. I did 7 cycles but was only able to do 5 minutes. I did manage to do all with only the 5 seconds rest which I've never done before.

My endurance and strength have definitely improved with kettlebells but I'm not happy with my weight or measurements. I know I need to add back more cardio but I just don't seem to have the time. Except I'll probably make up all the cardio I missed this week tomorrow since I'm going to a dance "road trip" so I'll be dancing from 10-7 with a couple of breaks.

Deanie - Enjoy your ices! Hope you get to do Stretch Max today.

Gayle - Good job on the deadlifts!

Jane - Your sister's workout sounds great but very exhausting!

Andilynn - Sounds like you had a great workout!

Have a great weekend!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.