Sunday in the Cheetah Den- Dec 9

shelly- lol, i am here! how are you today?

well i need to stop posting my workout before i do it, yesterday wound up being a complete rest day. i never did shake the headache and i had absolutely no energy due to TTOM (came a couple days early)x( . so i am about to run out to the gym and do itread 24 (60 min intervals).

BBL....:)

Good morning all! It's been a fairly relaxed and quiet nite for me at work:) Always a good thing. I really truly took a rest day yesterday and today I'll go for a run:7 :7 I'll do 3 miles after work. Later today if there is time when I wake up I'll do MM. We are having a beautiful snowy weekend so far here in N. Ariz!! Won't make travelling home very fun though.

Judy- How did the Christmas party go? Sounds like you're having a
fun weekend.

Cathy- yes, I did indeed truly enjoy my rest day!! That's great that the weather cooperated for you and you got in a good run yesterday.
What's on tap for today?

SunnyD- hope the headache didn't trouble you for long yesterday.

Wendi- Did you get your tree?

Wendy- How was the wedding?

Carole - It only snows here a few times a year (we are at a much lower elevation than Flagstaff which gets alot. So it happens seldom enough to make it a real treat and not annoying. The Salt Lake City marathon course looks very nice! Lots of long steady mild declines and only a few upgrades in the course. A total course change elevation of only 400 ft and at 4-5000 ft elevation which is what I live and run at all the time. So you're a funeral home worker eh?
I bet your coworkers got a laugh out of that one!

Lori- Were you able to get your long run in? Your poor little DS... is he feeling better today?

Christine- I'm so used to working nites that it really isn't that hard coming back after a stretch off. Of course I make sure to work out hard in the morning and take a nice long afternoon nap before.
Sounds like a nice fun tree decorating day for you!

Susan- Glad to hear that your hip is better!!! How was your girlfriend GTG take out nite?

Lorie- Have you stuck to your resolve re: no contact with DF (although the F portion is in serious doubt at the moment!)

I think that about catches me up with y'all. Hi Kristi,
Hi Jackie!! Hi anybody else I've missed!

ShellyC

posting at the same time Sunny! eeeks, I hate those all day nagging headaches!!! A good iTread will get you back on track!

ShellyC

Good morning, Shelly, Sunny and the rest of the gang!

I'm up early as usual but went off and banged out my lesson plans.

Shelly :: how much snow have you gotten? Glad you enjoyed the rest day and have had a quiet night.

Sunny :: sorry that headache hung around...in my experience, there is a hormonal connection to that. How's the Accutane treatment coming along? Enjoy today's iTread.

Today's workout will be LL (my favorite leg torture) + either a run or an iClimb and as many pullups as I can manage, which so far, hasn't been very many! *lol* :)

Have a GREAT one! I'm off to do some more work but will stop back periodically when I take some breaks.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Good morning cheetahs

Sunny...sorry about the headache not leaving yesterday...I hate when TTOM drains your energy. I hope the iTread makes you feel better...:)

Shelly...your snowy weekend sounds nice. We might get snow about once a year, but not usually a lot. X-mas about 4 years ago we got bombarded, it was beautiful but what a mess with all the downed trees and power lines...so I don't really pray for snow like I used to! The Salt Lake City marathon sounds like a nice course...so you have a bit of a rest period before you start heavy training?...Yes, my coworkers did get a kick out of the comment...

Cathy...way to go banging out those lesson plans...I have been thinking of doing LL once a week...have fun with it and your cardio. How often do you do pull-ups?

Today will be a brisk run...it is about 36 and my friend is coming over to run about 10 miles. Then Football http://smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/football6.gif[/img] and some cleanmax...

Have a great day...:)

HI Cheetahs!

Susan- I will answer your hip question. I finally realized that running with my tall friends and trying to match their stride contributed to my hip pain. Another contributing situation was doing iTreads at too fast a speed on the TM. (again I had to open up my stride to a length that my hips could not manage) Aggressive stretching and a few days of from running helped. It has become important to keep my strides to a manageable length. Chi technique has been very helpful also.

Cathy- I haven't done LL in quite a while, but it was always a favorite.

Sunny- Those 'menstrual headaches' can be so hard to shake. I am learning that when I eat cleaner, I do not suffer tham as severly or as often. But of course during the holiday season it can be a challenge.

Carole- Your funeral worker comment was hilarious!

DH's party was fun. I behaved myself quite well. (It doesn't bode well for the bosses wife to get trashed and make a spectacle of herself) Although in the early years I did dance up quite a storm, and I am still reminded of previous parties by a few old timers.

We did get our tree yesterday. My DD says it has scoliosis. It looked straight in the field. But when we got it up in our house it was a crooked as a witches nose! I prefer a tree with more character than perfection anyway.

Hi Shelly! Are you and Carole planning another marathon? I think there will be more races in my future somewhere, but I'm not sure about the traveling part yet. DH is still not convinced about this. (Although he did come to see me race and sent me an article about running from the NYT)

Yesterday was Itread 'n ballet circuit #4 followed by some steady state for a total of 4 miles. Today is a rest day. DS has a game then it is off to Grandpas house for his birthday.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Gang!

Well I didn't get my lazy arse outta bed until about 8:45 this morning and I don't care!:p It's a Sunday and I don't have DS so I had no reason to get up early. It felt good to be a bumb!;) LOL

So the wedding was lots of fun. DH and I each had a few drinks which kept us on the dance floor for most of the reception. The food was absolutely DELISH but I controlled myself. I did NOT overeat and I could have especially considering the meal was a buffet!}( :9

When we got home from the wedding (about 6pm), we relaxed for about an hour and then DH did whatever he does and I exercised. I did LIC cardio blast premix. What fun! I hadn't done that in quite some time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Towards the end though my tummy started to bother me. I was able to just eek it out to the end though. I was worried I wouldn't be in any shape to head back out for the night but thankfully my "issues" were short lived.

So at about 8:30 we headed back out. We were supposed to go country dancing but the couple that got married was having a GTG in their hotel room so we headed over there instead. It was fun and we got home about 1 am.

Now here I sit trying to decide what to do work out wise....I am SUPPOSED to do yoga this morning but I am sooo tempted to hit the gym for a run. I could run today and then do yoga on tuesday when my next cardio is planned. I am so bad. }(

Well, my coffee cup is about empty...time to refill it!

BBS for personals!:)

Good morning cheery Cheetahs!

This will be a two part post in case I run out of time. Low Max never happened last night because I got bitten by the Christmas bug and did Decorate Max instead. So I tried to make up for the unscheduled rest day (and less than stellar eating day...gotta love PMS) and did 4DS BC/Lower Body Circuit and 4DS BC/UpperBody Circuit back to back this morning. What a great workout!!! Instead of doing the core work with the LB round I subbed in those outer thigh thingies, sitting on the high step with the band (sorry, can't come up with the name right now :p), squats with 50# BB, firewalkers, and one legged deadlifts with a 30# BB. I will *definitely* be doing this one again when I have extra time to workout!

So that tournament that was cancelled last weekend is on for today and the weather is actually supposed to be worse today than last week *rolls eyes*. I just hope I don't have "post 300 letdown". I've seen that happen all too often.

Shelly - I didn't realize you get that much snow there. How much this weekend? Thank you so much for the congrats however, you know what they say, "Jack of all trades, master of none." But thank you for the sweet comment, hon! Yup, I did get the tree last night and I have to say that my SO passed the tree selection test with flying colors...meaning he put up with me putting every tree through it's paces until I found *the* perfect tree LOL!

Cathy - Enjoy LL...I've heard that one is a doozy! I don't have that particular torture, er, workout yet :p.

Sunny - Oh, that iTread will get you pumped up again! Sorry about the headache yesterday.

Carole - Enjoy the run today and then football! Snow on Christmas is so lovely, except when it hits like you described...YIKES!

Gonna go swap laundry and I'll be back with the rest of my personals. Toodaloo...

Oh, HI PHYLLIS!!!!! I was just thinking about you the other day as I was trying to plan another visit to Four Seasons soon, I hope! Are you still in if I can find a day? I'll email ya. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!!!

Judy - I just about spit my coffee all over my computer about your tree! Too funny! My tree last year was like that. Nice workout yesterday. Enjoy you rest day and Grandpa's birthday!

Wendy - I know this is late but YAY for Joey!!!!!!!! You must be so excited/relieved. What a wonderful Christmas present for the little guy! It sounds like you had a great time yesterday and WTG with the buffet...always my downfall because I am the original bottomless pit :eek:! I can't believe you even got LIC in with that jam packed schedule...you rock! Thanks for the congrats...it's good to have that first one under my belt!

Lorie - Well, it's no wonder you didn't sleep well with all that is going on! Hang in there, love. So, did Tim win? I hear you about the lack of decorating this year. I really didn't think I was going to get to any of it (and I really go at it) but the Christmas spirit finally got me and I got most of it done last night. I'm going to tackle the lights on the tree in a couple of minutes. Woohoo about the step sweep victory!

Lori - How is DS feeling today? I hope the little guy didn't keep you up again last night. Were you able to get a run in?

Christine - Enjoy your decorating today! How is your Achilles today? Nice workout yesterday!

Susan - So sorry to hear about the hip pain. I hope it continues to get better. Your evening with the girls sounds like a blast. I wish I had gotten Low Max in last night...maybe this week.

Hi to Linda, Kristi, Jackie and Thomasina! I hope I didn't miss anyone! Have a great day everyone!

Sorry, last post for now. I wanted to ask you guys about this strange pain I'm having in my right leg. It's exactly 2" below the bottom edge of my patella, right on the tibia. There is a tiny bit of localized swelling and it is tender to palpation but not anything terrible. No amount of high impact stuff bothers it at all. However, it is *very* uncomfortable when I bend my knee past 90*, (as in a non-weighted step-knee type move) not in the knee, just that spot on the tibia. So far ice has not seemed to help it much. Any ideas? I can't really go to the doctor to take a look as I don't have insurance and would have to pay out of pocket and I don't think it's serious enough to warrant that. I'd better be dying first LOL! Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA!

Hi Cheetahs!

DH managed to postpone his trip to this evening, so we get to watch the Pats/Steelers game. YAY! Although it’s not on network, so we have to go somewhere. *sighs* Another busy day (what would we do without them?). I got our tree yesterday – it’s sitting outside. I have to put the lights on it, then bring it inside (more room to maneuver outside!). DD14 and I will decorate it. I got all my Cheetah cards in the mail today. I now have to get the rest of ‘em out. I have some major butt DOMS from PLB :+ I think I’ll do KBX today. It’s been a whole week!!! :p

Susan – I love sitting around chatting up over good food, too. And I love Thai food! Hope it was fun! The Plumed Horse just underwent a massive renovation. It looks nothing like it did. It’s pretty cool. If you decide to come down this way, let me know and you and your DH and can dinner with me and my DH. :p

Cathy – I bought DH a new iPod. I’m getting an iPhone for Christmas, and that will do everything my iPod does – which is cool to me. I know I’m getting an iPhone because I bought it for myself (which is okay, because I think DH is getting me something nice). My iPod did that once and I had to frantically look for a way to fix it – thank heavens you can reboot the things! Are you buying new skis? My one friend says to rent the skis because you can rent the latest and greatest, but buy a really good pair of boots. I rent both as I’m not that good. :+ You are cracking me up!

Lorie – I love Circuit Max! Good luck at staying strong, Cheetah Girl! We’re cheering you on!

Carole – SJP is a fun one! That actually sounds like a really good workout. I may have to dust of Low Max soon and do Pinky’s version – that’s a killer! Have a great run!

Shelly – WOW! You took a rest day? :+ Good for you. I love snow in the desert, but you’re right, makes for a challenging ride home. Enjoy the beauty! Are you going to be running in it?

Sunny – The first day of TTOM always gets me, too! And all day nagging headaches SUCK! Sounds like you’re going to make up for it now, though!

Judy – I’m with you! I never manage to get a “perfect” tree, and I actually prefer it that way. We got a Grand Pine instead of our typical Nobel Fir – and I think I like it better. What kind did you get?

Wendy – Good job at the wedding! Wow – sounds like a great day! Go run – if you have the energy for it, go for it. Yoga will feel sweeter on Tuesday!

Wendi – DH went shopping with me, too. He did not pass as well – he liked the trees I did not, and spent a half an hour complaining about the prices. We ended up going two places because the first had two trees in the size we wanted (I wanted – DH is a Grinch and would go with a 2 footer :p) and those two were ugly. Good for SO! I get to decorate today – I’m so excited! You should look into Blue Cross Insurance – it’s not expensive and it’s great to have insurance – especially in your field. Horses seem to love to step on my feet, etc… Just a thought. Don’t know about your leg, sorry! Hope it feels better!

Have a great day everyone! I have to go feed the doggies before they bite me! :p

hello again,

(sorry no time for personals, gotta get those cards done and ready to ship out tomorrow;) )

headache is gone and energy is back in full force!! i did itrain 60 min intervals and had a blast. i really loved this one !! afterwards i did the 10 min athletic istretch.

BBL....:)

Hi Chicas.:)

Well, no run and no yoga...YET!

DH and I headed out to Target and were able to bang out most of our Christmas shopping there!!! I'm sooo happy!:)

When we got home I ate lunch and did a few things around the house. I am also happy to report that I starting writing out the Cheetah holiday cards which are ALMOST done now! YAY!:) At this point I really don't have time for a work out before going to MIL's for dinner and to pick up Joey. I am hoping to get 30 mins of yoga in after Joey is asleep tonight. If I can do that I'll be very happy.:)

BBL!

Afternoon, cheetah babes!

Carole :: I do pull-ups once a week now that I have the Door Gym…think I should do ‘em more often?…ooh, that is a brisk run…how was it?

Judy :: smiling about DD’s diagnosis for the tree. Glad you enjoyed the party.

Wendi :: whoa, that was some beastly workout you did there. How’d the tournament go?…Hmm, I don’t know about your tibia bone. Do you recall hitting it on something?

Christine :: you’ve gotten a lot done this weekend…Sweeeet on the iPhone!!! No, I’m not buying new skis…yet!…just took a peek at some while I was dropping mine off to be tuned up. But I have very short skis (142s) and will be looking to upgrade to probably 150s by the end of this season, which will be my third. I do have my own boots. I'm pumped about all the snow they're getting in Colorado. Can't wait to get out there! Have fun decorating!

Sunny :: glad your headache’s gone and you're back in form.

Wendy :: great that you were able to get most of your shopping done in one place! Hope you can get in your yoga tonight.

This afternoon’s workout was LL (incl. abs), pull-ups (3 pullups, 2 chinups – I did the negatives as Wendy suggested – whoo boy!) and iClimb #9 – 22 minutes.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Judy....thanks re my comment...:)...good workout yesterday. Enjoy your rest today and have fun at DS's game and Grandpa's B-Day!

Wendy..sounds like the Wedding was fun. Glad your tummy issues were short lived. Good job with LIC. Way to go with the X-mas shopping.

Wendi...wow...what a workout! I like those sitting outer thigh thingies too...:)..Your pain has me baffled...is it like a shin splint?

Christine...we get ALL the games, so you are welcome here...:)...you are right, Pinky's Lowmax version is a tough one. Have fun with KBX.

Sunny...good job with your iTrain workout.

Cathy...I don't know how much you should try pull-ups...aren't they done twice a week in P90X, except for the rest week? The run was cold (but I think Vegas was colder)...I did fine until about 5 miles and then the outer thigh/hip pain came back....:(....crap! Sounds like a good workout for you today.

The run was okay but that damn pain came back. I hope running only 3 days a week will help...as I was running 4 before. I did get my X-mas cards printed, so now just to write them out, address them and mail them...:)

Hi Cheetahs! Well, it is Sunday night and tomorrow is back to work. Blah! The past few days have just been a blur!

Shelly – Glad you had a pretty good night at work! I love snow! I find it so hard to imagine snow in Arizona! You get the best of both worlds!

Sunny – I am glad you are feeling better! Those headaches can knock a day in the head like nothing else  good job on the iTrain!

Wendi – That sounds like an awesome workout! Hmm, I don’t know what your pain could be, but I hope it gets better soon! Hopefully, you can get insurance soon! But, if the pain keeps up, it may be better if you went ahead and visited the doc! Thank you for the card!

Cathy – Good workout! I can’t do any complete chinups or pull-ups  I just throw the bands over my power tower and do them the way they modify them in P90X :+ Thank you for the card!

Wendy – I am glad you enjoyed the wedding! Good job on getting most of your Christmas shopping done! Enjoy the yoga if you get to do it! If you don’t, there’s tomorrow!

Christine – Oh my! I can’t believe you haven’t done KBX for a week! ;) I’ll bet you are missing it! I like that one a lot, too! I have been thinking about an iPhone..but I think I am going to put it off for a few months. Let us know what you think of it and how it works!!

Judy –do you like the iTread n ballet circuit? I haven’t downloaded any of those! It sounds interesting! Good job on your workout! I’ll bet your tree looks wonderful! I like a tree with character, too!

Carole – Good job on the run…but I am sorry the pain came back! That is a bummer!

. Lorie – I hope all is going well with you! Sending a hug your way! Hang in there and stay strong! Thank you for the card!!

Susan – How is your hip? Hope it is getting better! I love sitting around the table and talking, too! Not to mention…..the eating part :+ Thanks for the card! Your pictures were beautiful!

Yesterday I did Patrick’s HardWork conditioning and ran 4 miles. Today was Cathe’s Cardio Fusion and the floorwork from B&Gs and the abs.

I have the most DOMS in my glutes that I have had in a long time! Youch!

Hi to anyone I may have missed!

I invested in some kettlebells today. I am so mad at myself. I am enjoying the workouts and equipment that I have right now, so why on earth did I do that? Anyway, I will study them and instructional DVD's a few times before I attempt them. They look like your form would have to be just perfect, or it will be easy to injure yourself. Has anyone tried them? If so...do you like them?

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.