STS Pyramid Week of 9/26

DixieGirl

Cathlete
Hi Girls,

Wow...can you believe it's already the last week of September? Let's all make it a great one and kill it on those workouts :eek:

I'm repeating M2 W4 this week b/c I'll be taking another recovery next week when we go to Disney. I figure I'll be rushing around a lot from attraction to attraction so that'll count as a little cardio, right? :p So, when I get back I'll be starting M3.

Hope you all had a good weekend :)

Tracy

hi girls

I have hit week 3 meso 2!!!!
I have already done 19(2x)-20-21...I started on Friday this week because the work week can get hectic and i want to get most of it done on the weekend! Boy those week 3 work outs are looooonnnnnggggggg chest was 69 min:eek:
Definately going to go for 3 times a week during meso 3..feeling all sore and achy (good kind) but i will need to recover more..

Tracy we will be on the same weeks when you get back:D

You will so be doing your cardio running around... I always manage to lose weight when we go even though i eat crap:eek:

bbl
steph

Happy Monday!!

I will finish the third week of Meso 3 today doing Chest and Back. Yesterday did Legs after some stair climbing training...not a good idea! :rolleyes: I kind of have the dread factor for today's workout. They just move so slow! I know that is the point when weights are heavy but it drives me bonkers! I am so excited to start over with STS! Am actually contemplating skipping the last week of Meso 3 and starting over on October 1st. I just love meso 1 and 2 so much... I don't know...we'll see.

Tracy - great idea to repeat the last week! I am way jealous of you going to Disney. My ex husband and I took our little girl last year in October. It was such a great time of year to go!

Talk to you guys later!

Natalie

Hi Girls,

Natalie...wow, you are a tough chick doing stair training w/o's w/ legs :D Did you have some pretty decent DOMS? It looks like you'll be the first of us to start pyramiding down :cool:

Steph, the more I hear you talk about doing M1 & 2 6X a week the more I want to do it. Since this is my first time doing STS though I'll probably stick w/ the 3X a week and take on the 6X challenge next round.

I got legs done today, phew! That one always gets me ;)

Check in w/ y'all soon :)

Tracy

Feeling pretty fried girls...Finished all my discs for the week:D
looking forward to meso 3 only once a week so i can rest;)

Cardio has suffered with the sts 6x i must admit. I am mostly walking for exercise (it may also be since its so nice outside i want to take advantage before the snow hits)

Do you girls find sometimes you are so hungry it isn't even funnny???

I feel like i am starving sometimes and i am craving the salty stuff..i am eating pistachios to satisfy my cravings..

Happy Tuesday!!

Today is rest day!! Thank goodness! I don't usually like rest days but today I definitely needed it.

Steph - Being hungry. OMG I am totally with you on this!! I don't know what it is the last few days...I want to eat everything!! I am thinking maybe the weather...I am in central Illinois and it has been pretty cool the last few days. I keep telling myself that I am not going into hibernation so I don't need to eat everything in sight to last me thru the winter! :eek: Good work on finishing Week 3!!

Tracy - My legs have pretty much acclimated to the stair climbing I guess because I don't typically get sore from doing them - am training for a stair climb race... Tired yes, sore no. But definitely not a good idea to try to do that and weights on the same day!! As far as STS goes, I am actually starting over with Meso 1 after this week. I had planned for an October start date of the STS Pyramid so I could incorporate the Low Impact Series. I'm hoping that I timed it just about right! :) I am so excited!!

Ok, well I guess I better get back to work! :(

Have a great day!!

natalie

Hi Ladies:
I am on Meso 1 Week 4 Day 2-3. I was feeling pretty strong today so I did 40/20 and stability ball abs and then thought "What the heck, I can do back and biceps today since tomorrow is going to be too hectic to get a workout in." Did I ever hit a wall about 40 minutes into back and biceps!! I did finish the workout, but really had to take some breaks between exercises because my heart rate was spiking!!
The good news- only a few more days and Meso 1 (my least favorite) is complete and I will enjoy my rest week. We plan on going to West Virginia to visit some old rafting friends to hike, rappel and zip line next weekend- a nice change of pace before the cooler weather sets in.

Hi Girls,

I couldn't fit my w/o in today...too crazy of a day getting the house cleaned, laundry done and packing for our trip tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll have enough energy to get up early to get biceps and back done (fingers crossed)! Uggg, why does vacation prep have to be such a pain??

Sounds like y'all are 'rockin it on the workouts this week :D Hope you all have a great week next week :)

Tracy

Hallo girls,

I am still here:D sorry, I have been MIA since last week. I don't know, if you all remember, but I did the 60 mile walk for the Susan G. Coman for the Cure in DC last week. I walked all 60 miles;) My legs are still very, very sore since Sunday:( should have trained for the walk, but I didn't:confused:

Wednesday I did D16, Thursday I did D18, I am not sure if I wonna do D 17 legs tomorrow or Sunday. I do a lot of stretching/yoga these days. Like I said, my legs are still a little swollen and very sore:confused: I also been walking since Wedneday, no high impact! Need to give those legs a brake. It wasn't fun to walking the (first day) over 21 miles in the rain and in wet shoes. Just couldn't keep those feet try, not matter what:mad: it never stopped raining on Friday. I have lots of blisters too:confused:

I also saw my ENT doc on Monday, I need to get surgery on my sinus (2nd time:() again! Something went wrong with my first surgery in Germany in 2009, I have a ear/sinus infection almost every month, they get so bad that I end up in the hospital:mad: with high fever.

I will continue with STS as long as I can. I will try to be back this weekend.

You girls, rock! Keep up the good work, everyone!

Hey Belinda sorry about the blisters they totally suck. It aseemes you had a lot of bad news this week :( hopefully next week will be better!

Well. I just did week 4 of meso 2 back and bis and thank goodness the dvds are shorters this time. Last week nearly killed me they were soooooo long.. on the pyramid down i may skip week 3 entirely...I want to get through the other two by the end of the weekend so i can start my rest week earlier...is that cheating:eek:

Still pretty hungry and i hope it doesn't get worse in meso 3:confused:

bblater on this weekend!

Hey everyone!!

Sounds like everyone is doing working hard when they can!! Good work!!

Tracy - Have a great trip next week!!

I did High Reps yesterday and 30/30 this a.m. Feel good about both! So I am totally skipping week four of Meso 3, which I was scheduled to do this weekend, and the rest week and jumping right back in to Meso 1 starting this weekend. I know I should be using the program as it is designed and this is totally not like me at all but I can't help it...I am making some major progress and it would make me totally nuts to take a rest week now and I cannot do another week of Meso 3. Just can't do it! :p

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Natalie

Hey ladies! I was on vacation last week, but still following you guys via phone, and getting excited about starting myself! I was thinking that we should do a October invite/intro on the next thread (or title for the next thread?) for those that were considering starting in Oct? Kinda like Tracy did at the beginning of Sept. What do ya'll think?

I just finished my last disc of meso two!!!!! yeah...now i get a well deserved 11 day break! (i did them back to back so i could get extra rest..busy week next week)!

Feeling completely fried and really looking forward to my break!:)

Good idea of the invite for any new people interested!

Ok, I must confess I have been lurking long enough. I would be interested in joining. I recently finished STS all the way through and am working my way backwards trying to do as close to 6x a week as possible. I am also training for a half-marathon coming up on the 15th and after that will start training for the Goofy challenge in Disney in January (half marathon on Saturday and the full on Sunday). Would love to be involved in a group to keep me accountable and focused.

Regina

Hey Regina! I've lurked most of the month too, lol. (Although I wasn't even doing STS yet :p, so you're way ahead of me) I think that's amazing that you're doing STS 6x's/week AND training for a marathon :eek: I can't fathom doing either one, let alone both at the same time! I'm sure following you will motivate me to push that much harder.... ;)
Welcome to the group!!

Hello-
I have finished Meso 1 and am in the recovery week. Bike riding, hiking, doing some zip lines and a smattering of cardio workouts like IMAX(es) and maybe INTENSITY are in my plans for the week. Looking forward to starting Meso 2, it is my favorite part of STS.
Regina- OH MY GOODNESS YOU ARE A GODDESS!! My running days are behind me and I cannot imagine training AND STS. You must share your experiences from the upcoming races.

Hey ladies! Seems like Everyone's on their recovery week at the same time, lol.

I finally started on Monday w/Disc 1, and yesterday was 4DS -KB (cardio only premix)

Brenda: Sounds like a SUPER fun recovery week! I wish there was somewhere I could do some of that stuff around here...although my Achilles probably wouldn't be too happy about me hiking right about now, lol. But you have given me some food for thought for my recovery week, I wonder if the weather will allow me to do any, at the very least, biking by the first of Nov (my first recovery wk) .... :confused:

Natalie: Did you start over? Do I at least have someone doing M1 w/me? :D

Hey girls!!

Kiki - Yes I started M1 over the weekend. So I am hear with you!!;) I do them back to back Saturday thru Monday so I did discs 1, 2 and 3 on their respective days. Felt great to start over!! I need to tweak my weights a little as I didn't go as hard as I could have. I tried to update my One Rep Max amounts as I was going thru my last round but apparently I missed some. My best workout was Legs on Monday. I went super heavy and was/am definitely sore. Felt great!! Yesterday was my rest day and today is Muscle Endurance, probably an upper body premix as my legs are still a little sore and tomorrow Lower Body Blast is on the agenda. :eek: How did Disc 1 go for you?

Brenda - Good job finishing Meso 1! Your recovery week sounds like fun!! Enjoy!

Regina - Welcome and happy training!! :)

Hi!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Off to do some leg work and then maybe boot camp.

Kiki - I will probably be starting Meso 1 on Sunday or Monday so I'll be there with you. Are you doing it 6x per week? I think this time I will do each week twice and keep as close to 6x a week a possible. I love the results I'm seeing by doing this but I'm not sure how long I can keep it up. Between running and STS it doesn't leave much time for Cathe's other workouts and I really miss those.

Brenda - After this next marathon, my running days may be behind me too :). I really do not like running all that much but I love what it has done for my legs, especially when I get a chance to run outside. Plus, I am sooo addicted to getting that medal when I come across the finish line. I am not a fast runner by any means; I just hope to be able to finish better than my last time.

Natalie - Don't you just love that feeling of sore legs? I love knowing I got a good workout in.

Yay! Nice to know that I won't be alone, lol. Although I'd planned on starting in Oct., I just can't help but feel like I'm "behind" since everyone is at different places in the program ;)

Regina: I'll be doing it the traditional 3xs/week. I just can't seem to fit my cardio in any other way, plus I wanna be able to fit in some of the new w/o's when they arrive ;) . But......maybe if you send some of that Superwoman/superhuman strength over my way, I could figure out how to do it all :p

Natalie: Are you doing it 6xs/week, too? :confused: Or do you do STS on days 1-3, and then throw in other w/o's on days 4-7? Can you believe that I have NEVER done LBB, and I got it last year (pre-ordered, at that :rolleyes: ). How crazy is that? I have what I always refer to as a cellophane prison :eek: , and unfortunately, LBB is one of its current prisoners :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.