STS Pyramid Week of 9/26

Good Morning Ladies!

Hope everyone is enjoying their recovery weeks, while I slave away in the gym :p , lol.

Yesterday was disc 2 (back/tri) & the Extended stretch. Ladies, if you only change ONE thing on your next STS round make it this: get a new band!!!! O...M...G...:eek: This was all DH's doing. When he was in M1 he decided that our band wasn't giving him enough challenge (I guess I'd grown oblivious to the fact that it had all but lost ANY elasticity, lol :rolleyes: ), so he stopped in @ the Ross down the street from us and purchased a new 3 pack of bands. I hadn't thought much of it until starting STS this week, and I was pretty excited about having them this time around, but I had NO IDEA what I was in for!! WOW what a difference! I had grabbed one to take on the trip w/me in case I wanted to do Travel Fit in the hotel room, but I never used it while on the trip. Man, I wish I had! I already love Travel Fit, and I bet it would have been an awesome burn w/the new band ;) But anyway, I'm loving using them w/M1, it was just the little tweak I needed ;) (plus DH is deep in M2 now, and not even using them, lol)

Happy Thursday!!

I made it thru Lower Body Blast this morning! Love that one!!! :)

So my agency is having a chili cook off today and I am helping with the set up. I had to cut and bag 60 brownies...Brownies are one of my most favorite things in the world!! Torture!!:eek: I made it thru though and am not planning to have any at all! My cheat times are Friday and Saturday nights. ;)

Kiki - Good work on Disc 2. It's funny you should mention the bands...I was hoping my back had just become stronger so those T's and Y's weren't as hard...I should probably invest some new ones! I am just doing STS 3x per week and then I do an additional leg day and another upper body day. The sixth day is just cardio, typically HiiT and the seventh day is a rest day. You need to take LBB out of the wrapper girl!! :D It is my favorite workout!

Talk to you guys later!!

Natalie

oooh, Natalie, you are a good one, cuz only about 30 of those brownies would have made it past the cutting stage :eek: , let alone bagging! :eek: I ADORE brownies! Yes girl, get the bands! I would have never thought it would make that big of a difference, but OH...MY...WORD! Even grabbing the very tip of the band, and only having it around ONE foot, I could not get full extension on the T's and Y's, I can't believe how challenging it was. Also, I used to think that the low band row pull thing (where you're standing w/the band under your foot, and sorta sit in a squat position, grabbing the band near your feet, and start rowing) was a waste of time, lol, because no matter how close I grabbed to my feet, I still didn't feel anything....whew, felt that one for the first time... :confused:

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Kiki - My bday is this month so maybe I will treat myself to some new bands. I totally hear ya on the double arm rows with the band. I bet you are right, my band is probably in need of replacing. Of course I am in serious need of 30 lb dumbbells too and I apparently need another riser for my step with the series...muscles are expensive but I wouldn't trade them for the world!! :p

Today is a 4 mile run over my lunch hour then discs 4, 5, and 6 over the long three day weekend. I would have done a HiiT this morning but a friend asked me to run with him today and he is very easy on the eyes if you know what I mean so a run it is!! :p I can always do a HiiT tomorrow! ;)

I hope everyone enjoys their day!!

Natalie

Hi Everyone,

I had my long run yesterday and am definitely feeling it today to the point that I actually might have to take a day off today (gasp!) :). I would like to get my last disc in of M2 so that I could move on to M1. Maybe I will get my second wind this afternoon.

I know what you mean about the bands. I got new ones about a month ago and couldn't believe the difference. I can't wait to try them out on M1.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. We're celebrating our 20th anniversary tomorrow! Yay!!! Not doing anything special, just going out to dinner. Would definitely like to squeeze in a little workout to offset the awesome chocolate mousse cake that I will have. Is it rude to get 2 desserts and no entree? :)

Regina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.