STS fit chicks Thurs Feb 12

pwmatt

Cathlete
I finished CK today. My heart wasn't really in it though. Some days are like that.

Chris, I think you are right. I am not struggling on the last few reps, so I need to up my weight. If I put in my actual weight on my WO card do you think it will change the weight for the next time I do that exercise? I'm thinking that it wont. I would probably need to change my 1RM for that.

Have a good day all!

Hi Phyllis, I just started a check in then delete because I see you started already. Anyway I am thinking of doing another kickbox because of what you said about the heart rate. I was thinking of the Kickbox from 4 day split then add abs.

I am not sore from yesterday workout:mad:. I did lift heavier then last week. Maybe it will be sore later after doing kickboxing:). Well have a great day everyone.

Good morning!!!

Today is one of my favorite workouts, KPC!

Yesterday's disc 2 went well for me. I increased weights on a few of the exercises. I have doms but not like last week.
I feel stronger and my arms seem tighter:D

Have a great workout!!!

Good Morning! Its KPC for me, too. It just must be in the air today:p I will skip the abs sections since I did abs last night. I am really liking Ab Circuits, and I normally despise ab work. Last night was the no equipment abs, which was my least favorite, bc it was the most like traditional ab work. But there were some different exercises and I still liked it. Just the least fave of the 6. I have found an ab dvd that I like!!!:):):) I did disc 5 last night, and have just a little stiffness that should work itself out. Nothing like last week, thank goodness. A few of the exercises were too heavy, esp the barbell rows. I think I lost 2 reps the 1st time and when they showed up again I did 2 sets of 7 and couldn't get the 3rd set at all. Will have to change the wt if they show up next week. I too, am starting to see and feel some results all ready. What a program!:D:D Well, off to KPC

Happy day before Friday!
Nan

Hey!

Oh my! I have WICKED DOMS in my Triceps this morning! And though it's hard to tell in my back, they are there too, when I move a certain way. (Do any of you ever really FEEL DOMS in your back?)

Phyllis: I think you do have to change your 1RM. I think when I did that for a few, I just kept entering numbers until I got to where the 60% was the one I actually lifted. I'm sure there's an easier way, it was kind of a PIA.

I'm going to do MIC today, Saturday's cardio. I don't particularly like CK, and MIC is too muchf or me to do on a Saturday (I go into work Sat night, overnight). So I'm switching it up a bit!

Is everyone doing Abs 3 times a week? For the rotation it's only in twice, right?

Is everyone doing Abs 3 times a week? For the rotation it's only in twice, right?

I'm doing abs 3x a wk. I'm doing them on the STS days. I think when we move to Mesos 2 & 3, I'll switch them to the cardio days, bc the STS get longer, and I only have so much time.

Nan

Good morning STS Ladies!!

Last night I did Disc #2 for the 2nd time. I am so glad I am doing the 6 mo rotation. The workouts the 2nd time around are so much better. I know what weights to use and am not pausing and backing up the DVD a zillion times.

I am using bands for chinups/pullups but I think I am going to invest in the Perfect Pullup. I can't (yet) do a full pull up so I think the fact that it has different levels will be good. I just do feel like the bands are giving me a good enough workout.

I'm not sure what I will do for cardio today. I have an after work gathering so today may become my day off.

I am really looking forward to Legs tomorrow!! And then hopefully some KB (either 4DS or KPC) on Saturday to get rid of some of the soreness.

As for the abs, I haven't done any yet. :eek: I started on the no equipment abs last night and quit b/c I realized my core is sore from the other work I have been doing. Sadly, I did not get in shape for STS like I had planned.

Morning Fit Chicks!

Today was Disc #3, Legs for me. I'm not sure if I will have any DOMs...I was hoping that the challenge would be at the B&G level, but it didn't feel that way for me. Oh well, we'll see if something kicks in over night;)

Chris - I have DOMs in back right now from Disc #2 on Tuesday:) I usually will only feel it in my lats but today I'm feeling it across the upper back! Not in a bad way, but definitely a good ache. Oh, and I will probably do abs 3x a week on cardio days.

If my knees are up to it, I will do cardio tomorrow otherwise tomorrow will be a rest day or yoga.

Have a great Thursday:)

Well, my love and I tackled disc 4 last night. It was great and we slept like rocks! :) CK is on taps for tonight. I don't really know why I dread kickbox because when I am doing it, it is fine. I do sweat like a pig though! :) More sweat=better workout, right?

I don't know about you guys, but this rotation will be so great to stick to because we haven't been bored yet. Lovin' it!

Cranked out MIC, minus the last blast (I was too pooped!)... :eek::eek: I was one sweaty mess! That workout gets me EVERY time!

I should add another abs in ....

I thought Disc 3 was VERY challenging! You must be used to working legs, Trish! And I had WICKED DOMS in my lower body, for 2-3 days afterwards! LOL!

Okay..better get outtahere and get some stuff done!

I knew I had something else to say, but I just couldn't remember!!! The side tricep pushups. Why can I only do these on one side??? I can do them on the right arm, not too bad, just a prob w/ the last couple reps. I can't do diddly squat with them on the left.:mad: It seems I can't the motion down. I can force my body up from the hip and use my abs to get up, but my left arm just won't do it! I tried doing the left arm first, just in case I am totally stupid and only the 1st arm will work, but that didn't help either. It just won't do it:mad::confused::mad:. On all the other tricep work, they are equally strong, so I don't get it. I also managed to clonk myself in the head twice last night doing the cross body kickbacks. :eek::eek::eek: Luckily it was a light weight :eek: I guess I need to watch my aim!:eek::eek:

Nan

It was a cardio day for me today and abs (I did STS Yoga-inspired Abs). (And, yes Boingo1, I FEEL DOMS in my back from Monday's workout - Disc 1!! But I'm feeling better today... not as sore from Disc 2 as I was from Disc 1).

So for my workout today I hopped on my indoor bike trainer and did 55 minutes of intervals. I feel really good right now and I hope my legs aren't too tired for Disc 3 tomorrow (I've been dreading this since previewing it when the set arrived since I don't usually do too much with my legs on strength days due to my cycling, maybe a few exercises here and there that target overall but not this long of a workout).

I'm aiming to do abs 3x/week on my cardio days. So far, so good. :)

Nan - Hope your head is okay from those cross body kickback whacks. I definitely felt weird doing those side-lying pushups. I don't think I've ever done them before and I was able to do them better on one side than the other but I think that has something to do with my left wrist never being able to take much pressure in the position... I use dummbells for pushups so I need to grab one for this too so my wrist is straight rather than bent.

I thought Disc 3 was VERY challenging! You must be used to working legs, Trish! And I had WICKED DOMS in my lower body, for 2-3 days afterwards! LOL!

Chris - I think I may have spoke too soon. I just got up from my chair after sitting for 2-1/2 hours....Ouch!!! My a$$ is definitely hurtin':D

Hey Ladies,

Disc 6 for me tonight....I do love doing the legs. I will let you know if I get Doms tomorrow. (I'm sure ;)).

I do also love the variety of the ab cd.

Enjoy the cardio day for most of you!

Therese

trish and chris- I did disc 5 yesterday and I have serious DOMS in my upper back and triceps. I too usually only get DOMS in my lats (right under my arm pits) This actually feels good because I know I worked it good.

I did cardio today. I actually made it for a full hour. 20 minutes on step machine and 40 on the elliptical.

I will disc 6 either tomorrow or saturday. -looking foward to those DOMS-LOL. MY butt hurt for days after disc 3!!!

Have a great day everyone
chrissy

Day 2! I wish I had KPC on my rotation, love that workout! It was Imax2 for me. I dropped to a 6 inch step to reduce a little of the impact since my back is a little achy. I must have figured my 1RM a little high. I was needing to drop some weight towards the end of the workout! Looking forward to disc 2 tomorrow!

Terri

Hello All,
Today was Disc 5 Back and triceps. I am already feeling it im my lats and I just finished the workout about 2 hours ago. I think that set of pullups toward the end of the workout pushed my back to the brink and those nasty drop sets to complete the workout really brought the burn home. I am loving this rotation. I have done several rounds of P90X and I like the fact that STS individualized based on 1RM. I know we will all get great results!!

Brenda in Indiana

Hello everyone! I did disc 4 CSB today, is anyone else tired of pushups?!?!?! I even subbed bench press for the staggered pushups like some of you did. I then did med ball abs--that was a good one. Then I had an itch to ride the bike for 30 min.

Chris, When I got DOMS in my back from FF rotations I couldn't figure out why my back hurt (right at the braline) and then it finally dawned on me later...yes I'm a little s-l-o-w. I don't really like MIC and I just can't force myself to do it.

Nan, story of my life...seems I'm always forgetting things that I want to say and then remember later. It's bothersome, especially since my memory always used to be so good so I blame my memory lapses on peri-meno.

Today is a cardio day, I did just the kickbox part from kickmax this morning, my first time, didn't love it, but curious to combine it with the bootcamp part, KPC still tops the list of kb dvds for me.

I also did Medicine Ball abs this morning, and I'm off to my kickbox class now.

It took until about now, but all of a sudden, I'm feeling some pretty respectable tricep doms from disc 5 I did yesterday.

Have a good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.