STS BodyRockers - Week of July 29th

ricklyk1

Cathlete
Hi gals!

Getting us started for the week. :) Today I did Courtney Prather's "Push" workout at the gym. Bodybuilding.com - Courtney Prather Fitness 360: Training Because I had the time, I added 3 sets each of the following: (1) tricep pulldowns, (2) lateral side raises, (3) cross body kickbacks. I also did a 1.5 mile treadmill run (i'm slow, so it took me 22 minutes, lol) and a short abdominal routine. Overall, two thumbs up.

Wendy: I love your Saturday night!! Low key evenings like that are my fav. I was an out-on-the-town kinda gal in college (and law school :eek:) but i've really mellowed out and now I love my relaxing evenings at home. WTG getting your LF lower body w/o done yesterday. I know when you're not feeling it it's soooo hard to get it done. ;) Um, THREE MINUTE burpee buy in? Oh geez, i'm going to die. LOL! :p :D Can't wait to "see you" in the gym tomorrow! ;)

Hey Gang
Got back home from RT today- and I am still walking! It was so much fun, I have never worked out so hard and so much in such a short period of time- I am thrilled that I have the stamina to to have done it.

Friday night was 30 min step & 30 min kickboxing- a good workout, but a simple start- loved the stretch at night.

Saturday started with some step- some moves from the new workouts, which I admit, I haven't had time to take out of the plastic! Jumping on 2 sets of risers- toward the end- I removed a set of risers, followed by spin class. It was different from the spin classes that I am accustomed to, but got a good workout there. After that was a cool boot camp class she had us doing moves that she cannot have us do in our living rooms, like all of us in a line doing a set of walking lunges, followed by jumping on steps lined up in a row. She did a stretch class after that- and then there was lunch. My HR monitor said I burned about 750calories in the morning alone! Saturday afternoon was a crossfire style workout with weights, bands (which really fried my shoulders & triceps- ouch!) and barre moves that my calves are still screaming from.

After going back to the hotel for a shower and nap, we returned for more food, pictures, 15minutes of fame, and zumba. I never did zumba before, and it was fun. Gladys is so much fun to watch, just when I thought I felt like I got the moves down, I looked at myself in the mirror and it wasn't pretty- I'm not too rhythmic or graceful, but it was fun.

This morning, we had a 7am workout with a blessedly long warmup, a run around the track upstairs- some tabata moves, finally we made a circle around the gym and people chose to get into the center and choose their favorite moves that we all had to do- one woman wanted us to do burpees!?! UGH! I wanted to get in the circle and do the child's pose...

We had breakfast this morning afterward at a diner, I ate the largest french toast ever. I met Brenda (Marlo, Jai, Brendy and Cede were there too) and she signed my IronMan water bottle- we talked about triathlons, why she loves Ironman races. I was with some new friends, talking about running, fitting Cathe in with other fitness goals, getting carried away, when I looked down at my watch, and there was only 5 minutes until the bus was to leave! I went into panicked traveler mode and shot out of there- I sat on the bus, feeling badly that I didn't say goodbye, and started the process of getting home.

Oh and the food! I have never been so hungry before- the food was fabulous, and complete with brownies & cake after meals. Also, there was not shortage of CANDY- her favorites were candy-cane flavored tootsie pops, and halloween sized candy bars! She doesn't snack on organic swiss chard at her desk when she is online, she prefers the tootsie pops!

Oh and I met Terena- she is stunning beautiful! She was there with her sister.

I met so many new friends, all with different fitness goals, and different levels of fitness- all were made to feel welcome.

I will sleep like a baby tonight!

Bridget

Good Morning Girls.

Today I have a date to do this ZWOW with Katie - Zuzana Light - ZWOW # 27 No Girly Workouts! - YouTube
Feel free to join us if you'd like!;)

Afterwards I hope to have the energy for another AB premix!:eek:

Katie:: I guess you were happy when you found out that I was obviously confused when I said that the buy in for the ZWOW we are doing today was 3 minutes of Burpees coz I just looked at the video again and it's not! :p LOL Can't wait to hear what you thought of it! I'll be getting to it soon and hope to follow it up with another AB premix as I mentioned above!!:eek: I definitely enjoy going out but it's not feasable to do every weekend, especially with a child, so we spend a lot of weekends out and about during the day and then stay in at night and make our own fun. :D

Bridget:: Sounds like you had a blast on the RT! Good for you! I enjoyed the one that I went to but probably won't go on another one.

Wiggie:: So have you received "Fat Free Yoga" yet?

BBL!:cool:

Good morning All!!

Thank you guys for all the prayers & kind words, it means a lot to me.

Friday's workout was Pump Extreme(55 min), Saturday's workout was Fire 45 in the am & step Blast that afternoon minus the step challenge. Sunday's was Pump Challenge x 2, it's only 20 minutes so I did it twice.

Bridget, glad you had a blast at the road trip, I knew you would!!

Wendy, it's scheduled for tomorrow but it has arrived at the PO, I hope I get it today!! Your date night sounds wonderful!!

Katie, sounds like a great workout you put together!!

Kris, Happy Birthday to you(singing), sorry it's late!! :eek:

Have a great day All!!

Last edited:
Wiggie:: OMG, I'm so sorry for being scatter-brained! I never expressed my sympathy for the loss of your uncle's wife. :confused: I'm so sorry! :(:( Nice work outs this weekend! Can't wait for the dvd to arrive at your door! :)

Off to do my work out now! Wish me luck!;):p

I'm done!

ZWOW #27
AB 6-10 Premix
STS Extended Stretch

In the bag!

Off to shower, eat and take DS bowling!

Hey Katie! I want to know what you thought of the ZWOW!? Are you hiding from me on purpose for some reason maybe?? :p;):D

Hi there ladies,

Thanks for the birthday wishes:) It was a nice day, a nice dinner (didn't do tooooo bad with the eats) and had pretty good DOMS yesterday too:) Today I did a Crossfire PM - the Fitness blast/Firewalker tabata one, got a good sweat in about 25 minutes:)

Hi Bridget - welcome back! Wow, the RT sounds fabulous, and exhausting!

Hi Wendy - great workouts today! That's awesome that you did the ZWOW and then AB PM too! Great job!

Hi Wiggie - great job getting your workouts in this weekend with everything going on.

Hi Katie - Way to go on your gym workout, sounds like a good one! I really admire those workouts you put together!

Tomorrow I have a birthday dinner with my inlaws (at a restaurant I've not been to and no menu available online, so will do my best but have to wing it). Wednesday I am off of work after noon and have a hair appt and then Thursday I go to visit my DH in Texas :)

Hope you all have a great evening,

Kris

Good Morning. :)

Today's plan is a full yoga work out then food shopping and housework. Once that is done I will decide if I want to head to the gym for a run. If I do then great, if not, no big deal. :)

I'll BBL for personals!:cool:

Good morning!!

Thank you Wendy, no worries, I sometimes over look posts & have to go back to catch up. Fat free Yoga should be here today, & it's a yoga day for me!! :D Great workouts!!

Kris, glad you are still enjoying birthday festivities!! Enjoy your time with your hubby!! & have a safe trip!

Hi Katie!!

Hi Bridget!!

Have a great day!! :)

Morning!

No workout for me yet today. Bad sleep night so I decided to skip my morning workout and go to a kickboxing workout at the YMCA after work. Hopefully it will be intense. ;) Yesterday I did Zwow #27 (I think Wendy is trying to kill me :D) + Courtney Prather's "Pull" workout (it focused on back and biceps) + a short ab routine. The stupid assisted pull-up machine at the Y wasn't working properly so I substituted 4 sets of 21s (bicep curls).

Wendy: Oops sorry to leave you hanging yesterday. :eek: I loved Zwow #27! My shoulders were sore from Sunday's workout so I didn't hold the #10 weight above my head the whole three minutes (I lowered it until it was directly in front of my face). :eek: I know i'm a cheater. :eek::p:D Are your legs sore today? Zwow 27 + AB = KILLER! :p;)

Kris: Nice job with the Crossfire PM! Even thinking the name "Crossfire" makes me start to sweat. :p;) Enjoy dinner tonight. It's your birthday, so those calories don't count. :D Have a wonderful time in Texas with DH too!!

Wiggie: Wow, excellent workouts this past weekend! Your Fire 45 + Step Blast mish-mosh is making me tired. ;) Has your new yoga workout arrived yet? Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Bridget: I'm so glad to hear you had a great time at the RT! I'm super jealous - Not that you had a good time, but that you got to attend, lol! ;) What was your favorite part??

Hello Again.

I did Baron's Long and Lean Yoga this morning (52m). Good stuff. Just finished lunch and will be heading out to the food store shortly.

Katie:: Great job getting the ZWOW done! IKWYM about the overhead part. YEOWZA! I used an 8# DB and had to bring it down to chest level for a few seconds a couple of times too! :eek: I really felt my shoulders all day y'day after that one. Surpised I don't have DOMS today! So I am doing this LF work out tmrw if you care to join! ;) Blue Voltage Workout : @LovingFit

Wiggie:: Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Fat Free Yoga!:D I wanted to do one of their work outs today but in looking at my schedule last week, the last 2 yogas I did were Kundalini so I figured I should change it up today. I plan on doing one tmrw or Thursday (or maybe BOTH days!;)) for sure though!:)

Okay, off to the food store with me! I've picked out 2 new recipes to make this week! :)

So I ended up picking DS up from daycare a little early this afternoon and taking him to the gym with me before dinner so I could run. 3 miles in the bag thanks to Grace and ITread! :)

Tmrw's plan is the LF work out I posted about earlier and hopefully more yoga.

BBITAM!:cool:

Hi there,

I did Muscle Endurance - Upper body split premix today. Kind of liked that one, time went fast and felt it:) My biceps are shaking a bit as I'm typing in fact... :eek:.

Hi Wendy - great job on your 3 miles and the yoga too!

Hi Katie - how was kickboxing? I hope it was fun! :)

Hi Wiggie - how was yoga? Hope you enjoyed it!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Kris

Good morning!!

Monday's workout was Jillian's Body Rev cardio 2, Tuesday's was 15 minutes of her cardio 1 & Fat Free Yoga, I stopped right after no impact aerobics. I liked it a lot. :)

Wendy, up to 3 miles now, good job!! Two new recipes, am I invited to dinner? :p

Katie, sorry you didn’t sleep well, have fun at kickboxing class!!

Kris, I don’t have ME, sounds like it was a good one!!

Bridget, still recovering from the road trip?

Have a great day All!! :D

Well the Blue Voltage LF work out kicked my arse HARD! :eek: So much so that I only went through the exercises one time instead of twice like she calls for..:eek: Not sure if my body is tired or if the w/o is truly that difficult! If I have the energy and time later I may go for round 2...but then again...maybe not!:p I followed LF up with 40 minutes of Kundalini Bliss Hips.:)

BBL for personals!:cool:

Good morning Ladies!!

Wednesday's workout was Pump & Burn(30 min), I go to church on wednesdays so I only have time for short session. I think I will do Yoga X tonight.

Wow Wendy, Blue Voltage must have been hard for you to skip round 2. That makes me want to check it out!! :p

Good Morning Ladies.

I am deciding between a rest day and yoga today. We have a "date" with the pool at noon though so if I decide to do yoga I gotta do it soon so we'll see...

Wiggie:: Nice work out! You are too funny regarding the Blue Voltage work out! So when will you do it? :)

Morning!

I forgot to check-in yesterday. :rolleyes: My bad. :D Yesterday I did HiiT: Pyramid (LOVE) + Stretch Max Seg. 3 (DOUBLE LOVE). :p

This morning I went to the YMCA and did a lower body workout out of Oxygen magazine. It went something like this.

• Lunges (holding 25# plate overhead) - 12 reps, 3 sets each leg
  • Squats (with heels on plates) - 15 reps, 3 sets
  • Low Plane Lunges - 10 reps, 2 sets (I added this to the workout)
  • Walking lunges (holding 5# plates) - 20 reps, 4 sets
  • Calf Raises (a ton, 3 sets)
  • Straight Leg Deadlifts - 10 reps (I think), 3 sets

I then added on a few bicep/tricep exercises: Preacher curls (2 sets), Kickbacks (2 sets), Leaning bicep curls (2 sets), tricep pull downs (2 sets), seated concentration curls (1 set), and standing concentration curls (1 set). On my way home I realized I forgot abs so I once I got home I did the quick ab segment from High Reps.

Okay, I think that's everything! It sounds like a lot but it really took me less than an hour.

Wendy: If you're swimming in the pool, I vote rest day. If you are relaxing next to the pool, I vote yoga. :eek: ;) I've been craving yoga lately. I planned on doing a little yoga yesterday but strained my rest earlier this week and decided to avoid all the downward dogs, planks, etc. Like Wiggie I gotta go check out that LF workout now! :)

Wiggie: Nice job with Pump & Burn! Every workout counts no matter how long or short. ;) I really like Jillian's Body Rev workouts.

Kris: Great job with Muscle Endurance! That workout gets me every single time. It's so tough!! I bet you rocked it though. ;) Kickboxing at the YMCA was a bust. The instructor was nice but her form was off a few times and it really irritated me! :eek::confused::rolleyes:

Hi Bridget!!

So I decided to take a rest day y'day. Fridays have been my rest days the past couple of weeks though so now I'm all confuzzled and don't know what type of w/o I should do!? :p

Katie...Me??? SWIM!?!? Are you kidding me!?!? :eek: HAH!:p LOL-I would but I stink at it. Never been officially taught the "correct" way so I don't bother except to fool around. No laps for me though! Nice gym w/o girl! Glad you are enjoying the variety that the gym adds to your routine.

That's all for now...BBL once I decide what the heck I'm doing!:rolleyes: Oh, I have a 9:30 hair appointment this morning so no work out for me until after lunch btw!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.