STS BODYROCKERS-week of January 22 :)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies.

Well I ATTEMPTED to do Week 3 Day 4 of the BR Challenge yesterday morning:
BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
but it just wasn't possible (for me anyway) with the dip station even tho they say you can use it (she used the equalizer). I tried to use my high step instead but it just wasn't working out. I attempted most of the first round and then threw in the towel as they say and switched up to Zuzanna's 1/20 WOD:
Zuzana Light - ZWOD 1-20-2012 (PART I) - YouTube
Good stuff! :D
THEN DH and I went to the gym for heavy legs n chest! NICE!
Awesome work out today despite the BR glitch!;)

I really thought the DOMS would be in my lower body this morning but nope. It's my chest that is on fi-yah! My lower body is just barely feeling it. Go figure! Never works out the way you expect huh? :confused::rolleyes:

I was supposed to do BR Wk 3 Day 5 this morning but the odds were stacked against me so today is an unscheduled scheduled rest day...if THAT makes sense!:p

Scale has been a little over what I prefer the past couple weeks (not bad but just made me nervous that I was gaining and I do NOT want that!) but this morning it gave me a number that I liked again so YAY!:) So now let's hope I don't do anything to mess it up this week! :mad:

That's all for now. Hope everyone had a nice w/e!

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

As usual I slacked on reporting my weekend workouts, so here goes:

Saturday: TBT: Total Body Premix. I LOVED this premix! Wow, good stuff.

Sunday: Cardio Fusion. I skipped the second to last drill because it hurts my knees....and I was tired....:D

Today: Step, Jump & Pump minus one hi/low section. I forgot how long the workout is and completely ran out of time (I wanted to make sure I got in abs, so I skipped a cardio section).

Crazy day at work so i'll BBL for personals!

Katie

Nice work outs Katie!:) How is the adoption process going?

Sloooow day here in the check-in! Hope everyone is well. I probably won't be back again until tmrw now so have a great afternoon/evening!

Ciao!:cool:

Good morning All!:)

Yesterday's Mon)workout was Turbo Barre, time was short so I didn't do the abs. Sunday's workouts were HIIT 15 & CSS. I did them with my daughtr who is 26. Right before we worked out we decided to see how many full sit ups we could do, I did 60, she did 40 & Bailee(grand daughter, 3) did 20. My daughter just got into fitness last March. I've been trying to get her to workout with me for years. Since March she has lost 80 pounds & looks great. She said could not let me continue to be so much smaller than she is.:p She says she brags to her co-workers about my fitness level all the time.

Great workouts Wendy!! I didn't know Zuzanna was doing new workouts!

Katie, I tried TBT total body & wasn't crazy about it, but I will try it again soon.

Have a great day All!!:D

Good Morning!

My chest is still flamin' and I could tell during my work out this morning! OUCHEES! :eek:

Today was week 3 day 5. It consisted of an 800 rep work out for time and a back/biceps weight work out. Fried my upper body today...BIG time!:eek: Good stuff!;)

Wiggie:: Great work outs lately! What a great inspiration you have been to your daughter. Kudos to you! You rock! :D So now that you know Zuzanna is trying to get back into it will you be checkin' out her work outs at all? ;)

Thanks Wendy!! I think I will be checking her out, it looks like she's doing the whole workout so I can do it with her!! You know I'll like that!!:D

Wendy--- so not into that new chicky on BR. IS zusanna coming back? i=) love that ure still rocking though!
Wiggle- good job getting it in! And part of my motivation for fitness is to be an inspiration to them..just like u=))
Sooo I signed up for A triathlon! ITs for leukemia and lymphoma. I must raise 1500 bucks! But with that i get person training and a whole bunch of goodies. I am so excited scared and nervous all at the same time. I really am not good at running, swimming or biking. But they assured me that I would be ready if I follow them. our kick off meeting is in February=) But i am trying to do p90x ..yuck not liking it. Just lacking form and he doesn't explain the exercise which are some times weird and weirdly named! But i am gonna give it a bit more time. IF not i figure i would do couple of days of full body cathe workouts=0 k off to get the boys

Erin:: I like the new BR girl alot but I also miss Zuzanna. She is attempting a come-back on her own and from the looks of it she will have the support to be successful if she wants to be! I like both BR and Zuzanna and will personally support both. Atleast that's how I feel right now. :) So not liking P90X? Sorry to hear that. I enjoyed it when I did it and am hell-bent on doing another rotation...SOME DAY! :rolleyes: *sigh* :rolleyes:

Wiggie:: Yeah it appears Z. taped the entire work out uncut but I didn't watch it all. I just wrote down the details, watched all the moves once so I knew what to do and got to it "BR style"! :D

Good Morning!

Finally made up last week's legs n shoulder BR weight work this morning! It's all I did today for two reasons 1) I pushed super hard with heavier weights so it wiped me out AND took longer then usual b/c I needed to move slower and take more breaks. 2) I was running even LATER then I usually do :rolleyes: so I was already in the negative time-wise when I finished. No time for anything else! Kick azz work out though! Tomorrow I resume with Week 4 Day 1! Almost there! :D

Good morning!

Yesterday's workout was Cardio Supersets. I decided to change it up today so I pulled out Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Surprisingly, I got a decent workout! Then again, I had to put all three levels together, making it one long workout, to get that, but that's okay. :) Jillian really focuses on shoulders (a LOT), which is fine, but by the time I got to the last level my shoulders were burning and my triceps felt nothing so I substituted a few tricep exercises.

Erin: So excited about the triathlon! That's fantastic. You're going to do great!!

Wendy: Nice job keeping up wtih your BR workouts! How your chest muscles feeling this morning? :p Thanks for asking about the adoption. I must admit the stress of the adoption is starting to get to me. I know the end result is worth all this, but i'll be happy when the process is O.V.E.R.

Wiggie: Great workouts this past weekend! It's awesome how you are inspiring your daughter to workout and stay healthy.

Katie:: I must be a weenie. I never found the need to string Shreds together to make them challenging! :confused::eek: Sorry you are stressing over the adoption but it's totally understandable. Take deep breathes! This too shall pass and YES it will be soooooo worth it! :) TY re BR! One more week of work outs to go to complete the challenge! Just read that they put together another month long rotation for February! GRRRR. I was alread feeling antsy about the LIS/STS rotation and I had to go and read that!:eek::rolleyes: No worries though! I'm not giving in to the temptation...not yet anyway! :p

Good morning All!! Yesterday's(Tue) workout was 45 minutes on the bike then the extended stretch. I wanted to watch my soap so I rode while I watched it.

Katie, sorry about the stress, but way to go on not letting it derail your workouts!!:)

Erin, a triathlon, how exciting!! I know you'll do great!! And think how fit you'll be when you finish it!!:D How did you find it?

Wendy, I knew the new BR challenge would be tempting for you, be strong!!:p

Have a great day All!!

Wiggie:: Good job with the bike work out! They had tv's on the treadmills at the gym I belonged to back in the day. I would turn them on sometimes for something to look at but I could not concentrate on a show while I was running to save my life! OTOH, I loved to listen to music or do Itreads. I could concentrate on that just fine. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Hello there again!
sorry for my absence:eek: but I have been working out :D
Monday-Tubo Barre
Tuesday-DOR
Today- 4day split-HIS CARDIO ONLY

and last 2 weeks its been a 5 day workout week :D

Is any one going on the Glassboro RT? I have a 99% chance of attending my 1st RT!!:D:eek ::) IM SO EXCITED!!!!

wiggie-what soap do you watch? I just got a massive addiction to Desperate house wives on net flixs. It keeps me up to wee hours of the morning. One morning I stayed up to 4am:eek:

Katie- awesome on your Jillian workout!
Wendy-you go girl!! you are the BR queen!

Good morning All!!

Wed's workout was AT Athletic Step Extreme premix, it starts out with a repeat of that first sequence that really tests your endurance. Then I rode my bike for 20 minutes. I've been doing the low impact series since I received it. I thought my thighs looked smaller( my problem area)so I decided to measure them. Two inches smaller than the last time I measured!!:D Now I don't measure often, so I really can't tell you when I last measured, but I always remember that number. So I'm going to measure once a month from now on.

Terina, I watch the young & the restless, I have a tv in my office so If I'm not busy I can watch it at work. If I'm busy, I watch it a 7pm on soap network. & great workouts by the way!!

Wendy, I am going to keep riding it as much as possible, to see if that is helping these thighs!! I've been working legs alot(LIS) & have been havig DOMS. I find that if I do so some cardio & stretch it helps.

Have a great day All!!:)

Good morning!

Thursday is a "short workout day" (I only have 45 minutes to workout) but I wanted to do Imax 3 (wanted? really? :p), so I just popped it in and did as much as I could. I ended up skipping blasts 3 and 10 and all of interval 5 to fit the workout into my 45 minute time frame. I hate the interval where you jump the length of the step, jump to the side, turn, and tuck and I *thought* that was blast 3. Imagine my surprise when I got to blast 4 and THAT was the jump/tuck blast. Dang. :rolleyes: Here I trying to be sneaky by skipping one of the harder blasts and, instead, Cathe gave me a swift kick in the butt. :D

BBL for personals!

kate good job on the workout ...lmao leave it up to cathe to kick ur butt by surprise haha=)
wendy you are the body rock queen. Do find your getting great results like they clam u will?
terina i really want to go even got hubby to agree. But i am just worried that i will be leaving hubby with the kids alone all day! Not so sure how he would feel about that. But i really want to go!

So I am pretty excited about the tri. I was given a mentor and she is fab and is helping me brain storm for fundraising. I gotta tell you pretty excited, its not as bad as i thought! I actually called one of our local gyms and i am putting a class together! Also super bowl boxes and maybe a restraunt night. All to benifit leukemia and lymphoma. It feels great on so many levels. I would have neve have guessed it. I started back to runing and am taking it really slow to avoid any knee issues. I am plaing on lbb today just cant bring myself to do p90x. Miss my real trainer cathe:cool:

Good Morning Ladies.

Woke up with DOMS from y'day's work out! :D

This morning's work out: Week 4 Day 1 was SUPER DUPER tough! A 12 minute cardio interval circuit followed by a 12 minute weight circuit for chest and triceps. YEOWZAS! It almost took me down ladies! :eek::eek::eek: It was great! :D;):p

Then I get rear ended on the way into work this morning. :( I am fine. Car bumper has damage but it will get fixed. I was late to work, yadda yadda. Yeah-fun! :rolleyes:

BBIAB for personals!:cool:

Back! Did you miss me? :D :p

Wendy: Oh no!!! I'm so glad you're okay, even if the car isn't. Even minor wrecks are awful and such a pain in the you-know-what. Make sure to take it easy for a few days. I forsee impressive chest/tricep DOMS in your near future anyway. ;) :p Oh, and YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BACK OUT OF OUR UPCOMING STS ROTATION! Nope, no way, not gonna happen, put it out of your mind. :eek: :p

Erin:Y Your enthusiasm is just awesome! Not only are you improving your health you are helping others at the same time. A perfect combo. :) I hear ya on missing Cathe. After Jillian yesterday I was excited to pop in a Cathe disc this morning, even if it was Imax 3. :D

Wiggie: Wow, that AT premix sounds intense...and very scary! You did that AND 20 minutes on the bike? Yowza! :) Nice measurements too! ;)

Terina: All forgiven! ;) :p Awesome workouts lately! I've got TB scheduled for Saturday and i'm already nervous. LOL! Sadly I won't be going on the RT. :( I want to sooooo bad but all our money is tied up in the adoption right now. Sigh. There's always next year right?

Katie:: LOL, I'm not backin' out of the rotation...not YET anyway! ;) I AM, however, going to adjust it to suit me. Is that acceptable? :p I will be moving all STS work outs (whenever possible) to the weekends when I will have more time to commit to them and I will be using LIS premixes as needed during the week as needed as well. I actually am considering doing ONLY (shorter) premixes for the LIS work outs-literally just going down the list each time the work out is called for in the rotation and doing the next premix that comes up in order as long as it's shorter then the actual work out but IDK yet...Time will tell! :D

Erin:: Good luck with the tri fund raising! Sounds like you have some great ideas! YES, BR is SURPASSING any results I initially expected from the work outs! My results are AWESOME!!!:D I have sooo much more definition then I have EVER had before!!! I am freakin' THRILLED! This is part of why it's so hard to say "goodbye" to the work outs in order to do the LIS/STS rotation(and why I haven't committed to a P90X rotation again yet!). I adore Cathe's work outs and am excited to dig into the LI series more with this rotation but knowing I can get/maintain results like I have gotten in 30 mins or less each day (unless I should CHOOSE to work out for longer) is like my work out dream come true!:p

Wiggie:: Congrats on the inches lost. That's always nice to see huh? :D I used to be hooked on The Young and the Restless back in the day! I catch a glimpse of it now and then and it "brings me back" to when I used to watch it faithfully. :) I hear you on doing cardio to loosen up lower body DOMS! I used to run on sore legs and found that it helped with that too!

Terina:: Great job with your work outs! Yeah I feel like a BR Queen but I'll be putting them away soon in order to conquer the LIS/STS rotation with Katie and others and as you may have read, I have "mixed feelings" about it! :p;) LOL

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.