STS Body Rockers week of January 8th

Zbridget

Cathlete
Hey gang- no workouts for me this weekend- my workout was doing lots of laundry and cleaning up vomit- dd had a stomach bug. She hasn't vomited in almost 24 hours now, and is keeping down noodles & water- and overall looking better- plan on sending her to school tomorrow.

Spinning tomorrow! Looking forward to a great week!

Bridget

Bridget sorry to hear about the stomach bug!!!!!! Fingers crossed you dont get it! So hard when the little ones are sick:(
Hi girls,
SO sad to say my last week of sts..going to attempt chest and back at the gym. Hubby is working so I have no spotter and would like to get it done this moring. I just printed out my work cards for p90x. Really hoping that i enjoy p90x, i feel so spoiled by Cathe lol. I ended up buying pace weights instead of adj dumbells. I ordered two sets so between my gloves and pace weights adjust my weights up a lot! So I wont need small incriment db ..if that makes sense? Wont need to buy 25's, 35's but i dont need any as of right now. I just really like single db and not that bulkyness of adj db...or that price! If i had a really home gym i would splurge but i dont. So for now it is what it is=) I went for a run yesterday. Weather here in nyc has been rathere warm for this time of year..and it got me wanting to start back to running. I had started last spring but ended up pushing to hard and hurting my knee. But being couped up with these boys all day i just want some fresh air and silence lol I really enjoyed it..hope to try again soon! I still love my spin so hope i can run/ spin for cardio for a while. :cool:
Ok off to take ds to school and head out to the gym after, have a good one ladies!!!!!!!

Good Morning!

Saturday: Day 5 of the BR Challenge + KCM SS shoulders/legs premix.

Sunday: Jump Rope intervalled with obliques on dip station for 10 mins + 10 mins of steady state jump rope.

Today: 20 minutes of jump rope intervalled with mountain climbers, jumping jacks, burpees.

Tomorrow: BR Challenge is back!!!! :D

BBIAB~:cool:

Last edited:
Good morning All!!

My workout Sunday was Cyclemax Express & Yogamax Express 1.

Bridget, glad your dd is doing better!!

Erin, I love my paceweights!!

Great workouts Wendy!!

Have a great day All!!:)

Hi gals! Happy Monday (I think :p).

Yesterday's workout was Cardio SuperSets + SM: segment 1.

Today's workout was Athletic Training. Back is slowly getting better. I did try some of the band back work this morning but I REALLY eased up on the tension (to almost nothing). Baby steps!

Wiggie: Nice job with Cyclemax!! Tough stuff i'm sure! ;)

Wendy: Great workouts this weekend! You were a "jumping queen" (ya know, instead of "dancing queen"). :p

Erin: You're so close to finishing STS. Congrats!! Glad to hear you enjoyed your run. I wish I was a runner. SIGH. The weather has been beautiful here too! On both Friday and Saturday DH and I took my in-laws dog for a walk in the woods. It was wonderful to get outside in January!

Bridget: Awww so sorry to hear about DD. Sure hope she feels better soon! Have fun spinning tomorrow! I'm considering taking a spin class at my local gym (my sister gave me three "free passes" - YAY). I took a spin class back in college and it hurt by bum sooo bad and now i'm a little gun-shy. :eek:

Good Morning Ladies.

Bridget:: Poor girl! Glad your DD is on the mend and hope no one else catches it!!!!

Erin:: Do you have the LI Series? Do the LIS/STS 3 month rotation with us starting in February if you miss STS! :D

Wiggie:: Nice work out! I have yet to try the yoga work outs in LIS. I really should but I always have an excuse not to...:rolleyes:

Katie:: CSS is such a great work out! Can't believe how many doubts I had about it when the series was first released!! Glad your back is on the mend and great job with AT despite it!

Good morning ladies!

This morning I decided I need a mental and physical kick in the butt, so... I started a round of STS:) Forgot about all those M1 pushups... ouch ouch:) Felt great though afterward, trying to re-energize myself:) Planning a 3 month rotation again.

Bridget - so sorry dd was sick, hope she's better and hope the rest of your family stays well too!

Katie - glad your back is some better, great job with CSS and AT! Glad your weather is nice, gotta love being able to get outdoors in January - I spent the first 1/2 of my life in Upper Michigan, so I get that completely even after these years in Arizona:)

Wendy - Great workouts this weekend! Woohoo on the BR challenge:)

Wiggie - Great job on Cyclemax! I don't have that one (or a spin bike) - but maybe some day:)

Erin - Way to go getting through STS! I was kind of sad too when it ended, didn't know how I'd follow up - sounds like you've got a plan - and love it that STS will be there when you're ready to tackle it again:)

Hope you all have a great day!

Kris

Kris:: Nice way to take charge and start STS without even pre-planning for it! You go girl! Way to commit!!!:D I plan on doing the LIS/STS 3 month rotation but I need a month to wrap my head around it before I start! :p Body Rock has tons of push ups in it so I am getting quite good at them but I am able to do them at the pace that works for ME. When I have to do them in Cathe vids (including STS) they seem so much harder and I think it's coz I am doing them at someone else's pace so I better buck up and prepare myself!!!!!:eek:

Last edited:
checking in wth 4 day split-lower body weight.
Sunday was my rest day.

Happy Monday Ladies!!!!:D

Good morning All!!

Yesterday's workout was, Wendy wait for it, BR Fit Test!! I also did Hiit 25. I will probably do the fit test as a workout in the future. It got really tough toward the end. I was glad to go to the floor for abs!!:)

Katie, glad you're on the mend!!

Kris, I just completed STS & will be starting it again next month with some of the ladies here. This is my recovery week & I will do some yoga & some type of cardio.

Have a great day All!!:D

Hi ladies!

This morning I did Step Moves + AC: No Equipment Abs (I ran out of time and skipped the last 3 minutes :D). Busy busy at work today so i'll BBL for personals! :)

Katie

Katie:: You skipped the last three minutes of a 20 minute ab routine!? :eek: How dare you!? That's it. You blew it. No 6-pack for you now!:p LOL ;):D

UGH- the stomach bug hit both me and dh yesterday- and we have only one bathroom- I'll spare you the ugly details- suffice to say that I think I am taking some recovery time this week. WW weigh in tomorrow- may be artificially low.

Wiggie- are you now another body rocker?

Terena- I may start back with lower body split- lower impact- I love that workout, the music from it is in my head as I type this- it is fun, yet kind of gentle .. :)

Kris- hooray for STS! I still cannot do the push-ups on my toes...

Katie- Are you joining my spinning cult? Drunk my Kool-Aide? What kind of music??

Erin- I would be interested in hearing your comparison of STS to P90X. The weather here in CT has been nice too.

Wendy- coveting your push-up ability...:p

taking a rest this week...

Bridget

Good morning All!!:D

Tuesday's workout was Turbo Barre, I added a lb by using Cathe's gloves for the upper body, boy what a difference a lb makes!!:p My thighs were on fire during the barre work, mainly the support leg in the area where the hamstring meets the glute. The ab work always get me. I wonder how many times a week should I do this to see results?

Bridget, so sorry you & Hubby aren't feeling well!!:( Hope you feel better soon!! I'm not a bodyrocker yet, trying to ease into it!:)

Good workout Katie!! Still pain free?

Have a great day All!!

Good morning!!

Today I did Muscle Max. Love that one! I'm still taking it easy on my back so I reduced the weight by approx. 1/3 to 1/2 for most of the back exercises (e.g. Cathe used 40 pounds for dead rows so I used 24 pounds). I'm slowly starting to work my back muscles again but I don't want to push to hard to fast because I don't think the muscle is 100% healed.

Wiggie: Great job with TB. When I first heard about that work I thought, "awww what a fun little workout." Now when I hear/see the name TB all I can think is "OW, OW, OW". :D :p Great idea to add 1lb weights to the upper body exercises! I might have to try that next time. My back is doing...better. It doesn't hurt anymore unless I twist funny or strain it working out. I'm trying to still take it a little easier..which is a struggle for me! :eek: :)

Bridget: Oh no!! :( I hope you're feeling better today! Definitely rest! Hehe, I must have been nipping your "spinning kool-aid." ;) I have no idea about the music. I sure hope it's a beginning class though because i've only taken 1 spinning class before and it wasn't a pretty sight! :D

Wendy: Tehehe! :eek: Okay point taken. I guess skipping the last 3 minutes of AC yesterday didn't ruin my abs for life. :p ;) I don't know why I feel soooo guilty if I skip any part of a workout. :rolleyes: I think I have a complex or something. :D

Terina: Great job with 4DS: Lower body!! I LOVE that workout! :D I used to hate working legs...now I love it. What the hay? :rolleyes: :)

Kris: Wow, WTG jumping into STS!! I need at least a month of "mental preparation" before all those push-ups! :p I'll be starting STS again in about 2.5 weeks so we'll be doing a lot of it together. Woohoo!

Good Morning.

Today was wk 2 day 1 of the BR challenge and what a challenge it was! :eek:

First w/o was a 12 min cardio interval circuit. 12 @ 10/50 x 3 rounds of the following exercises:

tricep push burpees that end with a tuck jump x2 + 10 punches

tricep push up burpess that end with a tuck jump x2 + 10 hooks

tricep push up burpess that end with a tuck jump x2 + 2 punches/2 hooks

2 crunches/2 sit ups

Second work out was a circuit of jump rope and strength work for chest and triceps as follows:

50 skips
15 decline one leg push ups off stability ball alternating legs.
50 skips
15 wide push ups/15 diamond push ups alternated with knees in/out in between
50 skips
15 one arm chest presses on stability ball
50 skips
15 one arm chest presses on stability ball with other arm
50 skips
15 tricep dips using dip station
50 skips

I completed the 2nd work out in just over 12 minutes so total w/o time today was just over 24 minutes. Oh and I actually did the weight work out first today just for something different.

Good stuff! :D

Wiggie:: I would say do TB 3x per week if you really want to see results from it!

Bridget:: OMG so sorry you and DH got sick at the same time and with only one bathroom!!! We only have one in our house as well...I don't envy what you two had to go through! :eek:

Last edited:
Katie:: Posting at the same time. :) Good for you being so careful with your work outs while your back is on the mend! IKWYM about feeling guilty if you skip anything! That's why I do shorter work outs these days! :p So I am still pumped about the STS/LIS rotation...just very askeered of the time committment! :eek:

Good morning!

Today's workout was 4DS: HIS (repeated finished combos/power box segment) + Functional Core premix from CCC. I didn't modify at all today...let's see how the back is feeling in a few hours. :D

I don't know about you all, but I sure am sleepy this morning. I think it's the weather. It is just gross outside. It rained all day yesterday and apparently we are supposed to be getting a little snow today (which sends everyone into a tizy :confused:). We haven't had much of any snow so far this winter, so i'm kinda excited. :eek: ;)

Wendy: Killer workouts!! All those tricep pushups...EEK! I hate tricep pushups, but only because I suck so bad at them. :eek: :rolleyes: Only a true Cathlete would take an already-kick-butt workout and make it HARDER by repeating it again. ;) WTG!!! Glad you're still excited about our STS extravaganza coming up! I can't wait!! You're going to be so into lifting like an Amazon you won't even notice the time. Nope, time is gonna FLY! ;) :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.