STS Body Rockers- New Years 2012!!

Zbridget

Cathlete
Happy New Years my body rocking, STS friends!

Any new resolutions or fitness goals for this year that you all want to share?

My goal is to continue my weight loss journey and get my BMI to the "green zone" - which is only 5 lbs away, and add a few more "buffer pounds" for good measure.

I would also like to add another STS rotation, and come spring- I am toying the idea of starting to run (gasp!) we'll see when the warmer weather gets closer.

Anxiously awaiting Cathe's January rotation for some inspiration- may just use some of the Dec rotation for inspiration in the meantime...

Bridget

Good morning gang- do I detect a bit of post new-years hangover in the group this week??? Spinning this morning- tough this morning- my daughter's friend was over for a sleepover, they stayed up late, we ordered a salty- fluid retaining pizza whose effects I was feeling this morning. Spun to some Elvis Costello & Proclaimers this morning.

Tomorrow morning, will be doing TRX at the Y. Still not sure what that will entail, but will report to you all here. Back to work tomorrow, I'm sure it won't be boring.

Take care all!
Bridget

Hi ladies!

I can't remember when I lasted checked-in, but here's the run down of my latest workouts:

Saturday: Drill Max. Felt great. Loved every second.

Sunday: Afterburn. I was a wee bit hung over from Saturday's New Year's party, but I toughed it out. About 1/2 way through the workout my back started hurting again, so I took it easy on the remaining plank moves. I felt a bit like I was punking out, but I thought it was better to be safe and protect my back.

Today: 4DS: Lower Intensity Step. Of course I love the step segment, no complaints there. I'm still working on my strength but was pleasantly surprised to discover that I could match Cathe's weight for 3/4 of the moves. I tend to lose my form when I move up to 15# when working shoulders, but I did as many reps as I could using 15# and then switched to 12#. When I first did 4DS about a year ago, the heaviest weight I was using was 8# and that was a struggle. Yay for improvements! :)

Bridget: Thanks for getting us started for the week! :) Great fitness goal! My goals for this year are to: (1) lose 2% body fat, (2) get muscles like Kiki (or just in the same ballpark :D ), and (3) add one additional "clean" meal per week (I recently subscribed to the Clean Eating magazine to help me with this goal). I'm anxiously awaiting Cathe's January rotation too! :eek: :eek:

Wendy: I hope you had a great time on your trip to AC!!

Last edited:
New rotation

After doing Athletic Training on New Years Eve, and still feeling the DOMS- I am acutely aware of my declining muscles from spinning alone. I could argue with you that spinning is better than nothing- and it is a fine workout, but I'm feeling the lack of muscle endurance, and feel the need to correct this.

Here is my schedule for the next 2 weeks:

Today-spin
Tues- TRX (resistance training, core strengthening)
Wed-spin
Thu- pyramid upper body
Fri-spin
Sat- pyramid lower body
Sun rest
Mon-spin
Tues-TRX
Wed- spin
Thu- TBT upper
Fri- spin
Sat- TBT lower

Kiki- I'm not sure what your muscles look like, but if Katie wants for them, then so do I!

Bridget

Happy New Year All!!:D

Sunday's workout was Turbo Barre, I really liked it, especially the abs. Today's(Mon) was Low Impact Challenge this am & disc 34 this afternoon. It's hard to believe I'm almost done with STS. I'm thinking of doing Cathe's new rock bottoms rotation next.

Bridget, I don't really have a New Years resolution, I just plan to continue my efforts to be fit.

Katie. Way to go on improvements!!

More next time!!:)

2012!!!!

HAPPY 2012 LADIES!!!

Checking with yesterdays and todays workouts:
Sunday- I did The Firm's power Sculpt need something quick and easy my lower body was and is still sore from turbo barre.
Today- STS disc 1. I've decided to mix things up with all of cathe's upperbody/lower body workouts.

Im restarting week 6 of eating plan(body-4-life concept)just fell off wagon for last couple of weeks. hubby started his this week so it will be much EASIER:eek: now.

I think Cathe has forgotten to post new rotation:eek::eek:

New years resolutions: to be more consistent with workouts and eating well and making sure I finish what I start.

Last edited:
Hello Ladies.

AC was a blast and now it's back to reality! :rolleyes:

My work outs:

Friday morning: Fat Assassin BR

Saturday: Rest Day

Sunday evening: Athletic Training Athletic Step Extreme Premix

Monday afternoon: 20 Minute Interval Cardio BR + 5 mins of ab work

This morning:BR's new 30 Day Challenge Day 1: Fit Test (7 exercises in 7 mins) + KCM Split Sessions Lower Body Blitz Premix

Wiggie:: So have you tried your sandbag yet or what girl!?!? :eek:

Bridget:: Spinning is great and yes, better then nothing in a pinch but woman can not live on cardio alone so start pumping those weights girl! ;):) Nice rotation you have planned!

Terina:: I've done the BFL style of eating. I liked it. It's a good one. Very doable!

Katie:: Good job working out with a hang over! Not sure if it was alcohol induced but man did I have a killer headache most of Saturday! I was miserable until about 4pm! :(

Hello to everyone else! :)

Yes Wendy, I have used the sandbag several times, no particular BR workout. I just did some exercises that use it. Love it!!:D

Morning gals!

Well, it's back to work today. Ugh. I got used to sleeping in last week and it was rough getting up at 5:15 this morning. :eek:

I'm continuing with 4DS this week so this morning I did Boot Camp. Sadly my left lat muscle started acting up again. It felt fine yesterday, no problem at all! This morning it was fine too until the 9th round of BC (the bunny hops of the band) when I suddenly got a very sharp pain in my left lat muscle. I literally just stood there for 3-4 minutes. :( I'm very aggravated because it goes from no pain at all to intense pain. and I can't figure out why. Maybe the muscle is pulled and hasn't healed all the way? But if that was the case wouldn't it be hurting more often? Not that I want it to hurt more often, I just don't understand why it's completely fine for a few days and then suddenly it is hurting again. Any thoughts??

Wendy: Glad you had a great time on your trip! Nice job sneaking in all those awesome workouts too. ;)

Terina: Oh man I forgot about the new rotation. I'm going to go check right now. Fingers crossed it is there!

Wiggie: Great job with TB and LIC. Those are two of my favorites from the new series. The rock bottom rotation looks crazy tough. You're going to rock it though i'm sure!

Bridget: Great game plan! I think your rotation looks great. :)

Wiggie:: I just gave in and ordered two filler bags for my sandbag. The ones I have are too small so they shift too much! Can't wait to be able to use it without struggling due to the shifting!!! Glad you love yours! :D So any interest in attempting the 30 Day BR Challenge with me? :cool:

Actually Wendy I was just looking at that & thinking about trying it. I am just so accustomed to working out to a dvd, so I still kinda struggle when I don't have one to follow. But it is getting easier since I'm getting familiar with the moves. Glad you had fun on your trip:)!

Katie, good job on 4DS, one of my favorite series!! Sorry about your lat:(. Hope it heals quickly. It is kinda weird that it goes from no pain to intense. Cathe just got back from vacation so she hasn't had time to post the new rotation yet.

Last edited:
Wiggie: That's what I think too! I mean yesterday I worked out for over an hour, cleaned the house (counters, floors, vacuumed), took down Christmas decorations, etc. and NOTHING in the back...not a twinge, not an ache, nothing. Actually, I felt nothing this morning too and until it hit me like a freight train during cardio. It just doesn't make sense to me....:mad: Sorry for the ramble. I'm slightly frustrated...if you can't tell. :eek: :D

Wiggie:: I totally get what you are saying. That same thing was a big hurdle for me as well when I first started doing BR's. It just took patience and persistence for me. I still get frustrated now and then when I am doing a move I am not sure of but over all I am past that now and it's all good! ;) Would love to have you join me! :D

Good morning All!!:p

Yesterday's workout(Tue) was Cycle Max Extreme. The name really fits!! After an hour I was tempted to quit, but I hung in there.

Wendy I might change my mind & do the Low Impact Series so I can fit in some BR. Next week is my recovery week, so I'll be deciding what I'll do next.

Have a great day All!!:D

I just looked at Cathe's two new rotations, so I'll be doing those & sub some BR here & there.

Last edited:
Good Morning, girls!!!

My first check-in of the year :p

I haven't been doing much, same stuff, lifting heavy and LOVING M3. Seriously L.O.V.E!!!!! I was able to up my weights again on the C&B wo, which was great, except I couldn't really get to the right weight (where the 6th rep would be a struggle, I kept getting to like 7-8), so it was a bit frustrating. I'm thinking of maybe repeating weeks 2 & 3 before moving on and going back down the pyramid. Either that or, I may just repeat the whole M3 because I love it so much, lol.

Cathe's new rotations ROCK! I'll probably be tweaking it to fit my pyramid down, IDK. I'm so undecided on everything, lol :rolleyes: The Achilles has been feeling pretty good lately, and I'm hoping to be cleared (finally!) for some impact again, but until then, it's nice having options.

Wiggie: I can't believe you were brave enough to do that premix! :eek: I'm scared, lol. I've only done the shorter (41 minute) premix, and even that one I cut short (30min) last time I did it, lol. I have this weird aversion to going past the 30 min mark w/cardio wo's, lol :rolleyes:

Terina: Cathe's new rotation is finally up! What'ya think? Looks like you were already on the same page as she was. As for getting back on track w/eating, isn't it SOOO much easier w/DH on board? ;)

Wendy: Nice wo's you're getting in over there. Yay on the new sandbag filler! It's always better when our toys actually work properly ;) I still never got that KCM Split Sessions, you did say that you like it, right? Have you tried any of her newer stuff? I have her TLC (which is pretty good if you have gloves on), and her Stepboxing (still in prison-hope to jailbreak it sometime this/next week)...

Katie: That really sucks about your back. I hope it's only a muscle that needs rest, ice, stretching, etc. and nothing serious. It seems like every injury I got last year (during the last 6 months of the year) are like life-long :confused: . I really have to take my stretching and recovery more seriously this year, as I'm thinking that all my years of slacking on it are catching up to me. I just ain't no spring chicken anymore, ya know? :p

Tuesday morning I went to my first TRX class

here is a link: http://www.trxtraining.com/

It is a circuit style workout- suspension straps were hung from the basketball nets and there were 6 stations, and a cardio station. Each of us did different exercises at each station using the resistance straps, some cardio and core work in between- and I am SORE this morning- especially in the abdomen & glutes. My spin instructor helped teach the class. I saw her this morning, she asked what I thought and I told her SORE! I didn't feel it so much when I was doing it, but the afterburn is killer. I asked one of my spin classmates who was at the class with me- and spends way more time at the Y than I do- what he thought of TRX- he was sore too. I didn't feel so much like a newbie after that.

Spinning this morning was fun- spun out the DOMS in my butt & abs...

Wendy- yes, you are right, woman needs more than cardio alone- if I continue to work my glutes & abs, by bathing suit season I will be pleased with the results

Kiki- still going for the "muscles like Kiki" look- even though I don't know what your muscles look like. If Katie wants them, then so do I.

Katie- sorry about your Lat- keep taking the ibuprofen or aleve (my personal favorite) on a schedule to keep the inflammation down- use ice for acute injury, moist heat after, rest, resume activity gently as you feel better. Do you still have range of motion in the arm?

Wiggie- how long is cyclemax extreme? Love to spin- what a rush!

Terena- what makes BFL eating plan different?

WW weigh in today- think I'm up, but I can live with that- it's a new year gang! Gotta check out Cathe's new rotations

Bridget

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies.:)

Today's work out was The BR Challenge Day 2...a kick my azz 12 minute interval cardio routine! :eek: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
I followed it up with the Push Premix from KCM Split Sessions. Good stuff! :D

Bridget:: TRX has always intrigued me. If I had the room I would own a TRX system by now I bet! LOL Glad you enjoyed the class at the gym!

Kiki:: So wait a minute! Are you telling me that you LOVE heavy lifting!?!? Holy cow! I never would have guessed!:p I need to get my butt goin' on a 3 month STS rotation at some point kinda sorta soon but dagnamit I just love BR so much that it's gonna be hard to tear myself away!!!:eek: You are the STS Queen! If anyone can convince me to do another STS rotation it's you so please help me!!!!!:confused: I would not start STS until I complete the BR 30 Challenge I am doing so you have a month to wear me down! LOL

Wiggie:: You bailed on me! BOOH! LOL-just kidding! Do what works for you girl! ENJOY! :)

Terina:: MMA Boxing is a goody! Glad you loved it!:)

Morning gals!

Unplanned rest day for me. Originally I intended to do light cardio this morning (20 minutes ish) and then yoga and/or stretching, but my silly cat knocked my phone off the charger in the middle of the night and my phone died (i.e. my alarm didn't go off). Maybe fate intervened? :p I don't know why I think unplanned rest days are the end of the world. :rolleyes: I mean, I look forward to my rest day each week and wouldn't miss it for nothing.

Bridget: The TRX class looks fun!! A great way to change up your routine. Are you a member of myfitnesspal? If not, it is absolutely worth the five minutes to join, friend Kiki, and check out her pictures; they are very inspiring!! Thanks for your kind words about my back. I'm very frustrated (if you can't tell :D); I hate injuries. Luckily I do still have full range of motion in my arm. My co-worker just gave me aleve and i've got an IcyHot thingie on my back. There's no swelling or bruising so i've been using a heating pad in the evenings. Does that sound right?

Kiki: WTG kicking butt in Meso 3! I say repeat weeks 2-3. Go big or go home right? :p Yay the achilles is (almost) back to normal! That's great!!! I'm thrilled with Cathe's new rotations too! Would you consider the 1 month rotation using STS Total Body as more of a "cutting" rotation? I'm hoping to save it for after my next round of STS. Wait a minute, if you're no spring chicken anymore then I'M no spring chicken anymore too...let's go back to being spring chickens. Deal? :p ;)

Wiggie: Cycle Max Extreme? Wow, that sounds scary! :confused: :p NIce job pushing through! I think i'm going to do the 3 month rotation too but i'm going to modify it slightly but adding in some Shock Cardio workouts. In the end i'll (hopefully) have a kick butt STS/Shock Cardio/LIS rotation. Yay! When do you think you're going to start?

Terina: MMA: Boxing is a goodie! Great job. :) Tell us more about your eating plan!

Wendy: Oops posted at the same time! :) I'm starting my second round of STS in February...you should too. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.