STS 6 Month Alumni ***February 2012***

cab0899

Cathlete
Getting our February thread started. DH and I have been working on week 4 of the rotation with Trisets Upper Body yesterday and STS #17 Legs tonight. Only 4 more workouts and then a rest week!! A good part about following a 12 week rotation is that there is a rest week otherwise I tend to just go from one rotation to another until I run out of steam.

We have very little on the schedule for the weekend and I"m so looking forward to some downtime. What is everyone else doing this weekend? What day do leave Rachael? I know you told us but I forget:eek::eek:

I got on the computer this morning and it just struck me how long it had been since I checked in! This week has really just gotten away from me. I can tell it has been a long time since I have traveled anywhere because I forgot how to pack. :rolleyes: It seems that everyday I would need something else from town that I forgot. Nothing major ...like sunscreen:D I guess that just shows my disorganization...a proper list would have helped with that I am sure. :eek:

Kim-We are leaving tomorrow. I am super excited but still has not really hit me yet either. Does that make sense?
I think my FIL and your FIL would get along great other than they probably would not let one another talk! At least you only see yours once in a great while;)
I would definitely do the shuttle! That will take that added stress of trying to drive and find you way and I think that would be well worth the price!

Cendrine-I had to laugh at the "effortless dinner prep for dw" Love that!! I think my dh would realize that would not be in his best interest since he has seen me cook for loads of people several times and clean up after everyone. I think that sometimes its work and sometimes I like it but never does it happen on a weeknight!!! (That's to you too Kim)
Have you heard anything on the Portland job yet? I hope the result you want on that is the one you get.;)

OK well wish me well! :D DH is going to take lots of pics so I will post my favorites when we come back.
Have a great week!
Rachel:D

Hope you are having a great trip Rachael!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it and maybe seeing some pictures!

I didn't realize that I hadn't posted all weekend, time sure flies. We had a really nice relaxing weekend! Saturday was Athletic Training, Sunday was Trisets Upper Body and a short run on the treadmill.
Yesterday I was tired and had to take dd to piano lessons so no workout happened:(:( Tonight will be Afterburn and then I will be on my rest week although I plan to do some running along with the yoga dvds.

Did anyone see the presale announcement!!! I've already ordered, LOL.

Ok, I made it to the February thread...lol, thanks Kim, for the help....;)

I think I picked up the tendonitis while I was doing the low impact series for the 2 months, I think too many push-up, plank, etc kind of moves or something... I thought first it was just sore muscles but chiro says it's tendonitis...:( I like working my upper body, so this is a bit discouraging, but I'll deal with it.

Anyway, I guess the reason I'm not jumping on the presale is because I worry it might be more of the same for my shoulders...

I totally forgot about posting all weekend as well, I was at a parenting/homeschool conference and came home with more books.... like I don't have enough arleady.... LOL! The conference was great!

Glad you enjoyed the conference, I'm sure it's nice to talk with other moms who are in similar situations.

Enjoying my recovery week, yesterday evening I sat on the couch and read/watched tv, tonight was Yoga Relax with DH.

I am so sick! I have not been sleeping for two nights because I was coughing so bad, so went to Dr for heavy duty cough meds... slept through the. Night last night but still have a nasty fever...:( I get sick so rarely that I'm not used to feeling so lousy... hate it:mad:

I started antibiotics yesterday, so hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.

Needless to say, no workouts for me.

Glad you enjoyed your rest day, sounds like you are really doing well on this rotation, Kim!

Waving at you, Rachel, hope you have a great time!

Oh no Cendrine! Hope you are feeling better soon!!
Did a little run on the tm this afternoon just 2.5 miles. I would like to do a half marathon in June, it's been a few years and I've been missing the running. I should finish the 3 month rotation right around the time of the roadtrip and then when I get back I think I will concentrate on my running till June.

I'm Back!
Cendrine I hope you are on your way to recovery now. I was a little worried about getting something while we traveled but so far so good. DH is more susceptible because he doesn't eat veges as much:rolleyes: I think I am the same way as you. A normal cold makes me feel awful just because I am not used to it.

OK trip was a whirlwind and too short! Next time I go...(I am thinking I might go back for my birthday in late fall);) I am going to stay at least 5 days. The travel time only gave us 3 full days so it was just a blur almost!
My friend and teacher is just a ball of energy so she kept us on the go the whole time but I think the biggest adventure was when one of her clients ended up being in town and invited us up to where he was staying. It was the gated community called Pedregal. When they sent their guy to come and get us we did not know where we were headed and we just kept driving up! Then we got to the house which although it was beautiful, it did not hint on what you might see on the other side and when we went in the whole other side was glass that opened up to a full view of the Pacific! I had never seen anything like it my whole life! :eek: For a girl like me down here in the woods you could not have told me that I would get to see a view like that! What was pretty cool too was that my friend hadn't been there either so we got to experience a first together! Gotta love that!
When DH gets around to getting the photos on here I will make an album.

Cendrine-I know you can appreciate the magnitude of this. My friends' daughter has 8 children:eek: and home schools them all. She seems to be a lot like you in the way she goes about her scheduling and just how you two take such great care of the importance of doing it right!

Kim-I missed any mention of the presale so now I have to go see what that is all about. I hate to admit how little I have been doing my Cathe workouts. I know I will come back to them on a more regular basis but am trying to give myself permission to explore the new adventure I am on. I have time for both. LOL Just got to remind myself of that sometimes.

I think I'm better, yesterday night my fever finally broke and it hasn't been back, so I think things are looking up!

Kim, running a half Marathon sounds like a fun change, and I know you've been hankering it for a while, so I hope your body is going to go along with it!

Rachel, I love that you had a great trip and got to see such a beautiful view of the Pacific! I've been in a couple of homes with glass fronts and it is amazing! I smiled when you told me about the homeschooling mom of 8.... I met one at the conference who toldme she had 'only 8' and was thinking of having another.... I told her I didn't know how she did it, and she said she didn't know how I did it with 2 because she has so many hands to help her.... I think I'll stick with two and do without the extra hands... lol!

I'm glad you are exploring other workouts, we need changes every once in a while...

We're scheduled for a girlscout whale watching trip tomorrow and I just found out there's a chance of thunderstorms....:eek:

Glad to have you back Rachael! It sounds like it went well! Did you do some swimming at the beach?

Cendrine Did you get to go whale watching? DH and I did that once out in Newfoundland and it was so much fun!

Enjoying my rest week, did Yoga Max yesterday. I was going to do a little tm run but didn't sleep well last night and dd had piano lessosn so enough excuses to let it go for today:eek: Oh well, tomorrow dd and I are at the NHL hockey game and then Wednesday I started month 2 of the rotation.

Happy Valentines Day! Okay, I know I've missed a TON...Rachel where did you go? Cendrine, what's the job in Portland? Kim, you should go for it with planning the half!

I have lots to tell you guys so will first give you my workout update! YES, I'M out of shape! I started yesterday doing the STS 3-month rotation. First of all I got back to the gym over the last two weeks, but just working out on the machines to get my endurance back up. Then yesterday started Meso 1, Disc 1 and today did Imax 2. So with STS, I used my original workout cards and had to drop all my weights a little below my original 1 max rep (want to be careful). Oh, and my shoulder is finally completely healed so don't want to mess that up! So I got through that okay and was actually glad to start lighter to work on my form. Then today I did Imax 2. I did have to modify some as my feet feel like cement blocks when I jump...oh and no equipment abs yesterday...I think my loss of ab muscle even though it wasn't a 6-pack but I struggled with some of the situps that used to be no brainers. Anywho, I attribute that also to problems jumping as you forget about you need your core. The reason I decided to start with this rotation instead of the new series is I know these workouts already and can easily modify where needed. I wanted to make sure I made it through the entire workout without killing myself. So if any of you get off track like I have, doing Imax 2 today was like doing it after having a bad cold where you don't have all your energy. Since we know we have great muscle memory from our great Cathe workouts, I don't doubt I'll be back up to speed cardio wise within three weeks. I'm COMMITTED!!!!

So that's that on my workouts! I'm back on track with no body issues, commited, eating super clean again (I wasn't that bad but gained a couple of pounds!). Oh, and DH and I have been taking Ibo for walks on the hilly trail. Oh, and interesting enough... so I started this rotation on 2/13/12 and the first time we all came together for the 6-monther was 2/9/09 (that was my first day!). So now we've all known each other for three years! Happy Anniversay GIRLS!!!

Now, for the other update. I don't even remember the last time I posted. But you all know I had started that new job. I had been working my butt off (60 hours a week), had dropped to one class, etc. Anyway, on January 27, I got layed off due to a restructure. So I've spent the last two weeks, contacting recruiters, working on my contacts on LinkedIn, updating my resume and networking with people I know. Though I understand the reasons, etc., this was the first time in my LIFE I've been layed off or without work since I was 15 and got fired in the strawberry fields for berry fighting! LOL! Though I know it wasn't about me, I was caught off guard.

Taking the upside, I'm using this opportunity to get back on track with my workouts, met with my school advisor, scheduled my classes so I can graduate in June (can you believe it?), and am getting ready to tackle some of those house projects I haven't been able to get to like my closet!!! Now, if I get another job quickly, I may have to push school out again, but no matter what, I'll graduate this year. I'm stoked! What this does mean is no shopping (that's okay) as I happen to have gotten a lululemon order in before this all happened! LOL! Also, I can really spend some time to work on some other things I've been wanting to do as well in relation to participating in some technology groups in Seattle and activities like that I've haven't had time to do. It will help me network too. Oh and Cendrine - Costco had lululemon clothes about a month ago. They changed the branding of course, and used a different logo on the jackets, but had the reversible workout pants and matching jackets for $19.99 each. The pants are usually $86 or something.

Three weeks ago, we had a terrible ice/snow storm and I was stuck on the hill for three days and then the next week we had 60 degree weather! Go figure! Anyway, as much as I don't want to be off work, I've never had the opportunity to just be home so let's see how I do! You never know, I may end up a competitive body builder!! LOL! It feels great to post! I've missed you guys and you will be hearing more from me again! :);):p:cool::D

One last update...I did get the notification for the new Cathe workouts and preordered with the downloads. YAY!! :p:D

Posting from mr phone which is dying so very short post but I was so excited to see your post Jo !!!! So glad to see you will post more later!!

BTW I' m going on the Chicago road trip!!!

LUCKY!!! Oh Kim how exciting!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!! :D:D Do you know who your roommate is going to be (assuming your rooming with someone!). We will all have to live vicariously through you!!

I'm sitting here watching TBL and was just wondering if you're watching this season? I lost interest last season but am liking this one better. I really like Dolvet (sp?).

strawberry fighting...lol! I know how you feel, though, I've never been laid off either, I'm sure it did come as somewhat of a surprise. I'm glad you are getting a chance to catch up workout wise though. How exciting that you will be graduating so soon! We'll have to have a cyber party for you!

I'm super challenged energy wise, since getting sick, so no workouts for me yet. I'm hoping to get back into working out next week.
we did get to see a humpback whale, dolphins and sealions. I got a bit seasick despite dramamine... but once the boat was moving again I was well...:rolleyes:
so good to have you back, Jo!

Cendrine, what are you sick with? Bad cold? Flu? Sorry to hear you are under the weather! DH just came down with a cold yesterday and I'm trying to stay away from him. I told him I just got back into my routine and will be upset if I get sick! :confused::p

I did Disc 2 today (back and triceps). Again having to lower my weight from the orginal but I really don't care. My chest and biceps really feel it from Monday. I love feeling my muscles feeling used again! YAY!!! I think tomorrow I'm supposed to do KPC. I spent the rest of the day working on my final paper for this class.

Tomorrow I hope I'll get the cardio glow! I'm ready for it and nothing will make me happier! :D

Jo, what an emotional rollercoaster you have been on this last year!! You sound like you are in good spirits and have a great plan in place for the winter/spring. Again, I have to say it's great to have you back!

I am sharing a room with Patricia, (I think her user name is Mommapew), I know her from when I was in the P90X check in group, which is no longer around. She checked in with us for a short time also. I've kept in touch with her and she has been super great about sharing a room and stuff. She's been to 2 roadtrips so is answering all my questions. I'm so excited but also so nervous!!! 6 Cathe workouts in less than 48 hours!

Oh Cendrine, that's too bad you ended up seasick! That's great that you got to see some great marine animals! Did the girls enjoy it??

Are you back at work Rachael! Do you have the post holiday blues??

Jo, get some cardio glow for me too... lol, it feels like I never want to do anything again... that's how drained this flue has left me:( but I figure with my Smoothies and juices I should beat this eventually!

Kim, the girls enjoyed themselves, but it was hard for them to see because they were the shortest ones on the boat. :rolleyes:

Happy Thursday! Forget what I said about taking 3 weeks to get up to speed! I did KPC today and KICKED BUTT! Okay, I have never been great at it as I'm not a great kicker, but I did all but the last combo (skipped and went to ABS) and every bit as good as ever! Yes, got the GLOW but did run out of steam on the last combo. I did much better with abs today too but KPC abs isn't as hard as STS Ab programs.

Kim, thank you so much for welcoming me back! It feels good to be posting and working out. I am so excited for you getting to go on the RT. So basically you'll be living in workout clothes for the whole weekend right? :D Don't they suggest that you pack all your outfits in ziplocks so you're ready to go? That's actually a good idea. I'll bet you're a little nervous - it's exhilerating anxiety!! LOL! Ohhh you will have soooo much fun! Good you have a roomy that you've posted with. I wish Cathe would come to Seattle! Will you be flying? I looked at the place where it's being held and it looks really nice!

Cendrine, I'm so sorry for you. If you can handle it, you need to juice a Sgt Pepper. It's red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper, an orange and 1/2 inch fresh ginger. It's super immune system booster. Very high in vitamin C and kick that flu right out of you! Obviously very peppery tasting (which is okay to me). Some people don't like peppers that well. I did a carrot and beet juice yesterday. Love beets in the juices!

Rachel, howdy doody whatever you're doing!

I can't tell you how nice it is to be doing "Cathe's." The workouts feel fresh and like I said, it's nice to do familiar workouts. I probably haven't done KPC in 18 months (maybe longer) and I didn't miss a beat!

Off to the shower and then work some more on my paper. :p;):cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.