Stress Eating Check-In, Nov 12

Connie12

Cathlete
Good mornin' all! I'm up and rarin' to go. I'm feeling optomistic about eating healthy today. I've pushed the financial worries to the back burner as there is nothing I can do about it on a Sunday. ;)

How are you today? Post up and tell us!

Connie :)

Hi Connie!

Well, I am in the full throes of PMS. Woke up with a migraine this AM. Don't you love that!! The first thing you are acutely aware of when you open your eyes is that deep throb in your head?? Ugggh. I have been getting a lot of migraines lately....much more around TTOM, but I don't think then exculsively. I don't know why either.
Then, I have two huge cystic acnes things on my chin. They just look horrible! Plus, I think I am realizing I have Carpal Tunnel. I joked about it the other day, but it is no joke. When I sit at the puter for more than 15 min my wrist/thumb start to ache and tingle. I think I will have to start limiting my computer time, especially the "sufing" with the mouse...x( I feel like a train wreck today. Maybe this is why I have been so moody lately?????

I ate crap last night. Pot pie and pumpkin pie. I am a pie type person, lol. So, woke up not only feeling like crap from PMS but fat to boot. It was a struggle to get out of bed and I am contemplating going back. Maybe some chicken noodle soup and back between the sheets for me. It is really hard for me to workout with a migraine since they only get worse when you move faster than 2 MPH. Sometimes they go away, maybe it will today.

I am sorry I have not been of much support here lately. I promise I'll be better when my period starts, lol!!

Have a good day yall,

Good morning everyone! Connie, I'm rarin' to go, too! It's been a very, very difficult few days after what's been a very long and stressful few months with many sick or injured beasties at the farm. The pony that had a stroke, followed by a seizure the next day is doing miraculously well...even the vet couldn't believe the fight this poor, beautiful pony is putting up. Still, when I head down to her stall to medicate her I always have this utter sense of dread of what I might find when I get there. Then the ancient barn cat passed away in my arms on Friday and I lost it...all of the stress of the past couple months released and I was a mess all day. Then I started eating. I couldn't get enough. For me, it's not that I eat terrible things when I binge. I just binge in volume. Like 1 1/2 cups of homemade cranberry sauce, 1/2 lb of organic trail mix, 4 big spoonfuls of almond butter followed with honey chasers...all in about an hour's time. That's where I lose it. I need to break that cycle. I was so happy that you all started this thread...I think it's just what I need.

Today is my first day off in a few weeks and I'm relishing the time to myself. I had a fantastic workout this morning (CF) and have house cleaning to fill the rest of the day. Oddly enough, I can't wait to start! Maybe it's just the sense of normalcy that I'm craving. At least it will keep me from eating my way through the house today! Although, I'm actually not hungry at the moment which is huge for me. I've got the soundtrack from "Wicked" in the CD player and I'm singing again for the first time in a couple of weeks. I just haven't had it in me lately. I so miss it...I forgot how good it can be to get lost in the emotion of the music.

Anyway, thanks for letting me unload. I really appreciate it. I can't really talk about this kind of stuff with anyone else because they all look at me and think that I "can afford it" :( and that REALLY irks me! For the first time in my life I'm proud of the way I look and feel. I'm working really hard to keep the weight off and they all tend to sabotage my efforts, whether it's intentional or not.

Whoa, sorry for the novel...I'm done now, honestly :+ ! I hope everyone has a great day and keeps pushing.

Take care everyone,

Wendi

Oh, Janice, I feel for you!!! I used to get terrible migraines years ago. Please take it easy today and just let your body catch up. You'll break out of this.

Wendi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.