Slow and Heavy - Week of Sept 6

FabAbs

Cathlete
I did it!! I did GS Legs, don't know if I'll be able to walk later that remains to be seen, but I did it. Needless to say no cardio today.

heartymax, this web site http://hundredpushups.com/ (if the link doesn't work just google 100 push up challenge) can teach you how to do push-ups on your toes and it works, I'm up to 25.

Have a great Labor Day!!!
Cheryl

Hard to believe that we are already in week 4 of the rotation. I did a 45 minute walk on the treadmill for my cardio today. I am planning to repeat the first two weeks of the rotation. I am trying to figure out what I will do after that just to mix things up again and then come back to slow and heavy.

Are you planning to do some type of slow and heavy rotation again soon?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FabAbs, thanks for the hundred pushups website. It looks pretty interesting. Learning to do pushups on my toes....interesting info though. I do try to modify by using a step. I will keep you and Laughingwater posted. This will definitely be a good challege for me.

I just realized that we both started the thread today. I added my info to your new thread. The weekend has been fun. I am looking forward to back, shoulders and biceps tomorrow.

Did KPC on the heavy bag this morning, and MM this afternoon. I'm going to try 3 total body workouts a week for a couple of weeks and see how that goes. I may reintroduce S&H into this kind of rotation somehow.

I really like "100 push ups" site ~ thank you for posting that, Cheryl. Hope everyone had a good weekend. :)

Today was GS--- Back, Shoulders and Biceps. My biceps are getting stronger as I am able to complete 1 1/2 sets with 15 lbs. Hope to get up to 2 sets soon. I think each set had 8 reps (maybe 10), but I cannot remember. I can do 2 sets of overhead shoulder presses with 10lbs. and I only use to be able to lift 8 so that is a big gain for me.

FabAbs, glad you made it through GS Legs. I have my date with legs tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it after the DOMS from last time. That bandwork is so awesome though.

LaughingWater, I am still trying to decide how I am going to mix up my workouts after this series. I am thinking about repeating the first two weeks of the rotation using slow and heavy and then using PUB and some totally body workouts. I just want to keep my gains improving but not hit a plateau.

Enjoy your workout today!

Hearty, isn't it exciting when you see improvement? Good for you!

I did 4DS Double Cardio this morning, and Fab ~ I started following the 100 Push ups for fun.

Have a great Tuesday!

Heartymax, I'm sorry I didn't notice that you started a S&H thread. I hope the 100 push-up challenge works for you, I like the idea of it because it starts you off with a couple and then the 60 second rest between sets really helps to keep ya going and it does work. It helped me when I was doing P90X Chest and Back because that's when I was up to 25 push ups, either that or Tony Horton's encouragement with "take a break and then keep going". Either way it works.

This morning I ran on the treadmill, I forgot how far I went because I turned it off before looking.

Tomorrow will be GS Back, Biceps and Shoulders haven't done that one in a while but I do like it.

Cheryl

FabAbs, I love the 100 push ups info!!! I decided to aim for starting the program with modified push ups. I started this evening with trying to do the push ups on my knees. During the Cathe workouts, I do them on my knees and using one of my old FIRM wooden steps. I decided that I was going to start this program with my hands on the floor but staying on my knees. I figured that would help me step it up a notch slowly. It was challenging, but manageable. I like the way they animate how to do the pushups. I believe I have better form than before for the modifed push ups and I can truly feel it.

I am excited and looking forward to this! It would be awesome if I could do 100 push ups on my knees.

Thanks again for such a great resource.

I thinking I am falling in love with GS Legs! That outer thigh band work is a killer at the end. I hope I can walk tomorrow! Added a segment from Ab Hits to finish off the workout.

Will check in after work today.

Today was Body Max 2 Cardio from Step and Power Circuits. I love the music and it is so much fun. I love it when Cathe says "It's a blast so act like you are having one". :D

Enjoy your workout today. I plan to do my push ups this evening.

I was able to get in my push ups last night. I was not in the mood for the scheduled GS Chest and Triceps so I did Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps today. I was able to complete the first set of lying tricep extensions with 8lbs. A few weeks ago I tried 8lbs and thought I was going to drop them on the first rep:eek: WoooHOO....maybe in a few more weeks, I will be able to do two sets with the increase poundage.

I will spend the weekend thinking about what I will do next week. I am really leaning towards repeating the first two weeks of the rotation but I have not made a final decision yet.

Congrats on upping the weight!

Did Shock Cardio Boxing this morning and 4DS Total Body Weights right before dinner. Geez, that's a long premix!
smiley-sick021.gif

I finished week one of pushups (on my knees) yesterday evening.

I completed my first rotation ever today and I am so excited. I have been doing Cathe since 2003 and I have never done a rotation from the thread before. I am seeing good results in my upper body. My plan is to repeat the first two weeks of the rotation for a total of 6 weeks. After that, I will mix and match SH, GS and PUB and some total body work outs to change things up a bit. However, I will continue to incorporate slow and heavy over the next few months to continue with my strength gains and other workouts to lean out the muscle.

Where are you ladies??? I will check in later today to get an update from you.

I did some yoga with Shiva Rea today. I am not bendy enough in the morning to keep up with her. :D

Congrats on finishing a rotation, Hearty! I'm going to continue with full body workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.