::: :: : Salute to the CHEETAH moms! : :: ::: Sunday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :)

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/mdbannerf.gif to the moms among us. Hope you get the spoiling you deserve today!

Gloria ~ How cool about DH. Did he teach at one point, too?...What is a categorical teacher? I'm not familiar with that term...Re: Chicago...you mean too late to run it? Many of the charities still have open spots, and some do not require as much fundraising as others. Just a thought. :) :) :)

Wendy ~ glad everyone enjoyed the party. Nice work, mom!

Today will be my long run of 7. And oh yes. I am feeling the all over DOMS today. Thank you, boot camp! :) This will be interesting. :7

Have a great day!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning lovely cheetahs and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY cheetah mommies!!

cathy- thanks for the mother's day shout out! enjoy that run. so happy you enjoyed your bootcamp class. wish you could come and take one of mine}( heck i wish there was one around here to take. that is next on my list to run an outdoor bc class. i teach one already for a co. here but i want to run my own.

wendy- awesome job with your party. Happy birthday to Joey. check your pm's;)

christine- i ordered a kb workout from mike mahler. can't wait to get it!!

well ladies my dh outdid himself this year. yesterday he sent me out for a day of pampering and then we went to dinner and a comedy show. had a great time!! it felt good to get out of sweats and sneakers and put on some makeup and let my hair down.:7 he also surprised me with a new palm cell phone that i have been wanting for a long time. now i don't have to carry a huge appt book with all of my client info around. i can put everything in my cute little phone that fits in my handbag, woohoooo!!

today's workout is my day 1 afterburn followed by HIIT on the bike. can't wait}(

for all the cheetah mommies have a great and wonderfuly mother's day. you truly deserve it!:D

speaking of great mommies has anyone heard from Kristi???

ttyl....:)

RE: ::: :: : Salute to the CHEETAH moms! : :: ::: Sunda...

Sunny ~ *lol* I have a feeling if I took one of your classes, we might not be friends anymore. :7 I know you'd give me the butt-whuppin' I need! WOW, DH done good! :) Sounds like you had a perfect day...Enjoy that torturefest and then I hope you get to kick back some today.

Kristi hasn't checked in in a long time. Hope she's recovered from her knee injury and has just been busy.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning Girls.

Happy Mother's Day, Moms!!!:) And that includes the mom's of the non-human species as well!;) So be honest, how many here get Mother's Day cards from thier pets? I have TWO sons you know. Not just one so I get a card that is from "both". :7

I'm up early again. I want to get BBC Shoulders and Back out of the way before DS gets up and then I plan to hit the park for a run at nap time. Now that the weather is getting nicer I am going to try to give the TM a rest and "hit the road" instead as often as I can. Once I need to begin training for my race in October though I'll have to hit the tm as I won't be able to get outside often enough. I will, however, keep my long runs outdoors.

Oh and I forgot to mention, yes, DH started the X on friday. He did 1/2 of Chest and Back plus ARX. I told him he could start with only 1/2 since he hasn't been working out. The X is tough stuff and he's essentially a beginner. He was hurtin' y'day. That's for sure. }( Today is Shoulders and Arms and ARX. I can't wait! LOL

Cathy: Oh girl it's a good thing this BC class is only a month long! I'd hate to be you doing super long runs with DOMS from BC class!}( LOL Enjoy your run today. You'll probably ease out some of the BC DOMS with the run but put running DOMS in it's place. :7 Speaking of DOMS, I am STILL feeling the effects of Nadia's butt and leg work out and this day #3!!!}(

Sunny: What a fab Mother's Day gift! Your DH really knows how to do it right. He pulled out all the stops and that's good cause you deserve it. :) So will you get to relax a bit today as well?

I guess that's all for this post. I need to refill my cup and then I'll come back and try to catch up with personals from yesterday.

BBIAB!:)

Morning Cheetahs!

My car tire is almost flat because the road I live on is ALL potholes! x( My neighbor works for the city, so he probably has an air compressor my DH can use. But that means I am stuck here ALL day! x( You can call me "Crabby Cheetah" today.

Cathy: Categorical classes are for those special ed. kids who just can't function in a regualar classroom. They are severely impaired. Yes, my DH was a teacher too. He got a graduate assistanceship and taught ENG 101 for a few years. He decided academia wasn't his cup of tea and went fishing! :)

I will BBL! Hopefully I won't be such a crab! :)

Gloria: Ohh, OK. We call that self-contained here. Very cool that DH is living his dream. Sorry about the tire. That was me last weekend.

Wendy: Yeah, I was thinking the same about the BC. Long runs have to happen on the weekends for me, so I don't think there's a way around it. It's still fairly early into training, so it should be fine. *lol* that even the dog gave you a card.

I am sorry for the self - centered post. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE CHEETAH MOMS! I need to call my mom and Andy's mom now. Have a GREAT day everyone!

Happy Mother's Day all you beautiful cheetahs :) Hope you have a great day :)

DH surprised me with some gifts from a speciality shop. They have wall hangings etc. I always wait for a sale to purchase stuff from them but he selected a few items from there. He did good :) I also have a gift card to go shopping :) He is golfing now-- a mother's day tradition. :) This year we decided not to do the brunch thing-- it tends to be expensive and frankly I'm not a brunch eater LOL. So we will stop over to see his mom and then swing over to see my mom and Dad. I always buy them hanging plants. easy gift idea for women who can buy things they would need on their own. We will gril something I'm sure and maybe work on the pool some more and maybe get my garden beds ready for planting and maybe enjoy a few CABs :)

I was going to rest today but I think I'll hop on the upright bike and do a 60minute workout. I'll do some ab work too. I feel guilty having some wings last night.
:9 :9 No biggie but might as well work those babies off :)

Sunny: I wish I could take a few of your classes. You must be a machine :)

Wendy: Sounds like you have a great workout planned today. I hear ya on taking advantage of nice days to run outside.

Cathy: Love the Homer avatar. How are ya feeling after your bootcamp yesterday? Is this offered every Saturday and for how many weeks?

Gloria: Sorry about your flat. At least you are not stuck out on the interstate with it. Enjoy your day

I need to check pool filter. LOts of leaves in it LOL and then I'll hop on my bike for an hour. Hope I get all sweaty :)

I may be back--if not enjoy your day today girls :)

Good morning cheetahs

http://images.deepbox.com/media/i/wCghCdkAbsvmrfy.gif[/img] to all the cheetahs Mom's!!

Cathy...thank you re my race pics...:)...I need the blushing smiley...I'd be happy to be your trainer, if I lived closer! I have always been lucky in my marathons, and for me getting to 20 meant there was only 6 more miles to go and I was happy....(weird I know!)..I also never really "bonked" or "hit the wall" in any marathon. I did have one bad one when I drank some nasty water and it played havoc with my stomach, but other that that my glycogen sotres never ran out...:)...Have fun with your 7 miles today!!

Sunny...WOW...what a nice Mother's day you had!! Your DH is a sweetie...:)..Enjoy your workout.

Wendy...glad the party went well and Joey got some new toys!! How nice DH will cook for you tonight...I don't believe my 50 year old "child" has ever gotten me a Mother's Day card...:D, but my Mom has on occasion. That would be smart training for your 18 miler to get your long runs done outdoors...Glad to hear DH started the X with you...:)

Gloria...thank you for the nice compliment..:)...I will show my DH your website, I was just kidding! You never know we could visit, and you and I could run some trails!! Your road sounds like ours used to be...before all the neighbors put out $1700 each to have the road done with a variation of chip/seal...it was so worth it...

Kath...sounds like a nice Mother's day for you...Nice you will get gifts for your Mom amd MIL, and see them too. Enjoy your workout and the rest of the day.

I am planning on an easy 7-8 miles with my friend, and then housework and yardwork..

Have a great day mommies!!...:)

I am a sap Cheetahs! Our town paper did a special insert for mother's day and teachers had their kids write something to their moms and submitted them to the paper. I just have to share a few from my students.

"Dear Mom,
I love you with all my heart. Even though I'm eleven, I'm still your little girl I used to be. Just because I grew out of those clothes doesn't mean I'm not your little girl. I'll always be there, even when I'm not." JM

This child's mother abandoned his whole family.

"Dear Mom:
I miss you and want to go to Taco Bell with you because we could get ice cream tacos." CP

"Roses are red. Violets are blue. No one is as sweet as you. Lilacs are purple. Daises are white. I know you're going to win the fight." TN

"The Perfect Mom:
Mom, you are the best mom anyone could ask for. You are an ocean full of good things like love, forgiveness, helpfullness, thoughtfullness, and more. Happy Mother's day Mom!" VB

Okay, so I am sobbing right now. I love those kids! :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

To all the moms: http://www.msnpro.com/emoticons/mothersday/happy-mothers-day5.gif

Gloria – We have spots here in California where dogs are very welcome. It’s fun. But we have other spots where they are not. That’s never fun. Aussies are “Velcro” dogs – they follow you around everywhere. Jimmy does not like me out of his sight when I’m home. He’s such a sweet boy. Nice store you DH has! Sorry about your tire! That sucks! I’d be crabby too! Although with kids like that in your class… Sweeties all! Thanks for sharing!

Dallas – Glad the coaches are great! Enjoy your training! Is it fun to be training with others? I always run solo or with DH, except when I race. And of course you’re welcome to hang with us in Chicago. The more the merrier!!!

Cathy – How are the legs feeling today after BootCamp? Good luck with the run! I’m glad we’re all at the same hotel, too. I wanted to stay there, but the online reservations were weird. Odd how everything changed when I picked up a phone. I’ll have to remember that.

Heather – WELCOME BACK! We’re happy to have you here! I think you’ll like running. It’s a challenge that is always a challenge. There’s always room to improve, always further or faster to run. As for you shoes, I don’t know what others said, but I would return the walking shoes and get fitted for a good pair of running shoes. Those will be your best friends!

Wendy – Glad the party was a success (I had no doubts!) How fun that DH is cooking dinner! You have me laughing about a Mother’s Day card from your pup. I was actually thinking of sending a Mother’s Day card (ecard) to Jimmy’s real mom, via her human mom. :p Enjoy your run! Good for DH for starting the X. Half is better than none.

Thomasina – ROFLMAO about your dog and your step riser. I’ve done that too with a similar reaction from Jimmy. Kimo will lay in the middle of the floor and let me step OVER her – she IS the queen you know. :p I’m up for running the last six miles, too – we’ll see. Thanks for the condolences on Tucker. It was hard, and still is – I miss the big guy! Jimmy is a wonderful angel and I adore him, but I miss Tuck. He was one of a kind. I’ll probably bring a real camera too, but that little iPhone does wonders.

Carole – The Clarinex helped a lot, thank you! I’m happy to play tour guide. I really do love Chicago. I was listening to Sinatra’s “Chicago is my kind of town”, think we need to find a way to play that for Cathy as she crosses the finish line! So sweet of you for cleaning your mom’s house. The carpets have never been cleaned. Oh my! Enjoy your run!

Sunny – I’m with Cathy – if I could walk after one of your classes, I have to wonder how close of friends we’d remain. :p How wonderfully sweet of DH!! He’s definitely a keeper!! Good for him. I’m so happy for you!

Kath – sounds like a sweet DH you have! Enjoy your day!

DH and DD15 are taking me to a champagne brunch at one of our favorite restaurants. That will be nice. But it’s in the afternoon, so I’m going to do Spinervals Have Mercy. That should be fun! And will make me feel better about eating some of the brunch stuff. My trip to Chicago was my Mother’s Day gift from DH, so I cannot complain! Makes it easier for me! Have a great day all!

::: :: : Salute to the CHEETAH moms! : :: ::: Sunday

Kath ~ :7 at your DH's tradition of golfing on Mother's Day. Is it a get-out-of-your-hair kind of thing? Hope you had a good ride today. The boot camp is 4 Saturdays in a row. It's offered 2-3x per year. Must admit the legs tanked fairly quickly today.

Gloria ~ Ooh, what a nice metaphor on that last one. :) Sweet messages...thanks for sharing.

Carole ~ I would love to have arms that ripped someday. I think I am going to look into GU and things of that nature as my long runs start to get up there now. I still have this hope that you will run the whole thing. :)

Christine ~ My legs did give me a fight today, I must admit, but overall, it was a good run. Haaa! That's gotta be the Chitown gang's new theme song. I know Posh is a bigtime Frank lover. She'll appreciate that one, too.

Well, I put in 7.5 miles - did a loop this time and the strange thing was I was running into a headwind no matter which direction I was going. A tough run but I feel good. Burned 936 calories, woohoo! Bring on the ice cream tacos!!! :7 I do think I will have to figure out a Plan B for the next 3 weeks to accommodate boot camp because doing that with a long run back-to-back was just PLAIN INSANE. *lol* I'll work it out somehow.

OK off to the shower and then the good ol' grading pile, which has replenished itself. :) BBL...

Cathy: I just taught metaphors last week. Yes, that was nice. On the first one she wrote that because we had just read "Eleven" by Sandra Cisneros. I just love that writer! Kick a@# on the 7.5 miles!

Christine: Thank you re: my DH's shop. :) They really are good kids! I don't think I've ever met an Aussie. Ellie is a bit of a snob, so she is not at all like the English Setter we had. She only lets certain people pet her.

I guess I should do a workout sometime today. BBL! :)

Okay, I'm considering reading the owner's manual to change my tire out to the spare. Has anyone ever done this?

RE: ::: :: : Salute to the CHEETAH moms! : :: ::: Sund...

Good Afternoon Girls.

Somehow I never managed to get back here this morning for personals. OOPS. Sorry!

So I banged out BBC Back and Shoulders this morning once DH was out of bed. I upped my weights on most of the back work except for the push ups. I had to lower the weight there. I was just trying to do them with too heavy of a weight and couldn't finish the set. Once I lowered my weight, it was perfect. A challange but doable. :)

My run is done as well. Got back from that not too long ago. I took ITread 21/30 min run intervals to the park with me. Interesting. TOUGH! I just ran as fast as I could for the fast intervals and then slowed to a comfortable recovery pace for the low intervals. I admit to having to walk the first few seconds of the low intervals this time. Never have to do that on the TM. It kicked my arse somethin' fierce! LOL I finished it up just under the 3 mile mark: 2.98. Not bad. I will be doing that again!}(

I need to grab a shower. Sorry to be so self-absorbed but I PROMISE personals will come soon!:)

BBL!

Gloria...thanks for sharing those quotes from kids...it is nice to see how much mommies are appreciated!

Christine...I am so happy you have been to Chicago and can be my tour guide!!! I think we will have to get that song for Cathy...:)...I was glad to get my Mom's house cleaned...her and I have been a bit distant lately, and unfortunately I find it sad. I hope you have a great brunch and that was sweet of DH to give you the Mother's Day gift of the Chicago trip! I just wish Oct was not so far away...:)..I wanna see my cheetah friends...

Cathy...well my ripped arms are not quite as ripped as menopause seems to be approaching!! Definitely check into the Gu and other gels during your long runs so you know what will work for the marathon...I honestly wish they would have had the chewy Sharkies or Sport beans when I was doing marathons as I hated the Gels if they were too sweet...WAY TO GO on 7.5 windy miles!!! Sending good vibes for the grading pile.

I made 8 miles with my friend. She is the one who's Mom is in the last stages of ovarian cancer and still holding on...man it kills me to know how many people suffer from this disease...we reminisced quite a lot today and that is always good for the heart...

Cathy – I was wondering about BootCamp before a long run, but if you do three more weeks of it, when you stop, you’re next long run will feel like nothing at all! :p Glad it was a good run! I’m a Frank lover, too! I’ll make sure I have his turns on my on iPhone. :p Enjoy (?) the grading pile!

Gloria – Aussies are awesome! So smart and funny (often times referred to as the clowns of the dog world). They tend to be reserved, so they don’t warm up to you right away, and they do need to be heavily socialized, but I’d do that with any dog. I want to eliminate as many circumstances that would make my dog bite as possible. Jimmy is such a love bug to those he likes. :p No, I have never changed a tire. Isn’t that why God created service stations? :+ Here's a pic from our hike yesterday - he looks small here, but he's actually 60 pounds.http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/10006168/316876837.jpg

Wendy – That sounds like fun – the iTread 21/30 intervals. Good job!

Carole – good job on the 8 miles!! How awful about your friend’s mom! It’s such a tough disease. Sorry you’ve been distant with your mom. That’s hard. Relationships are interesting, aren’t they? I, too, wish October was not so far away! Or that the marathon was earlier! :+

I ended up doing Cardio Coach Press Play for the first 2 challenges, then switching to iCycle 24 Sprints, then finishing off with 2 cycles of Extreme Kettlebell (Steve Cotter) Core Circuit 1 (missing my bells!). All in all a nice burn and I’m feeling ready to face a big ole Mother’s Day Brunch! Have a great day all!

Gloria ~ I *love* Cisneros. "Eleven" is a great piece from Mango Street and is perfect for teaching simile and/or metaphor. I used to use that one when I had 6th graders and found an engaging lesson through one of the NCTE journals. You show the kids a 10-second clip from Forrest Gump -- the part at the beginning when he explains how his mama always said life is like a box of chocolates. As a class, you can think of the ways life is similar to boxed chocolates. Then you have the kids work in small groups. Each group is given a brown paper bag containing an object from "Eleven" - a ratty, red sweater; a candle; a tin Bandaid container, etc. Each group must construct a "Life is like a _____ (whatever object they received)" statement, which they then develop further. I still use an adaptation of this lesson to help my 8th graders build extended metaphors. ETA: No, I am the worst - I do not know how to change a tire. Bad, I know.

Carole ~ I share your sentiments...I'm glad the run/talk with your friend helped some. I will have to look for some Sharkies. I have tried a couple of the Sports Beans flavors during ski season. Not bad. I don't think I'll care for the gels.

Christine ~ I enjoy Frank, too. My Greatest Hits CD disappeared the last time I had a shore house with some friends. Gonna have to download that one, so I can run to it. Love the pic of Jimmy. Having the long run behind me now, I don't think I can realistically follow a BC class with an even longer run next week. Hope you enjoy the brunch. I do miss the bells, too. We did snatches during one of the circuit exercises yesterday. That made me happy. :7

Terrible, but I have done ZERO grading and no lesson plans yet, either.

ETA: Carole ~ I need to add this:
http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Cuckoo_Cocoa_Puffs_tshirt.jpg

Carole: Great job on the 8 miles! :) I love children, they say it like it is, if you know what I mean.

Christine: My oh my that is a beautiful boy! So handsome! We tried to socialize Ellie well, she is just that way I guess. :) Enjoy brunch!

Cathy: Cisneros is great, isn't she. I may use that stellar lesson plan next year, thanks!

I have done nothing but take a nap. I did not change my own tire. I'm just not doing that.

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.