Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Push It

This is a discussion on Push It within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Welcome to the Push It group! This group was originally founded to motivate people to increase their pushup count. However, ...

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Cathlete
TRSTACIE's Profile Fields

Default Push It

Welcome to the Push It group! This group was originally founded to motivate people to increase their pushup count. However, please please please feel free to join even if you don't want to do the pushups. This group is open to members of any fitness level who are doing any fitness program. Again, welcome, bienvenido, aloha, benvenuto, bem-vindo!!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Catheite

Thanks for getting us started. I am not off to a good start. I did 4DS bootcamp today and nearly died in the last drill (ruuuuuuuun, drop and do pushups), the last 8 nearly killed me, but I did them. Not sure if I cheated, but I know my arm at least bent at the elbows.

I honestly don't know how many pushups I can do, I just do them as a part of a workout. My goal is to get through 4DS High Intenstity Step and do all those push ups on my toes.

Later today or in the next few days, I will see how many I can do without taking a break.

Susan
Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Cathlete

Hi Susan! At least you worked out already today -- good for you. My workout schedule is a little hosed right now. Yesterday was supposed to be an STS workout but a migraine cancelled that out.

I need to do the pushup challenge as well. I will probably log my results in the workout manager so I can track my progress. I admit to sorta cheating in STS by doing them on my knees but I wanted to have the strength to do them all (one workout had 188 pushups!!!!).

Good luck and let us know you did!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Cathlete
fargomom's Profile Fields

Good afternoon susanzabo and trstacie!

I haven't worked out yet. I plan to do LIS cardio supersets in a little while, once I get my littlest down for a nap. I did, however, shovel 6 inches worth of snow already, a couple hours ago .... maybe I'll count that as another workout. My shirt was soaked when I came back inside.

I, too, will get my push-ups done either today or tomorrow. See how many I can hammer out. Probably won't be anything to write home about. I, too, have just been doing push-ups along with whatever Cathe does in her dvds, although definitely not as many. When I did MM a few days ago I did 2 sets of 8 pushups. Couldn't do 2 sets of 12 like Cathe did. So, not sure how many I'll be able to do in a row with the push-up challenge. Probably something like 10-16.

I'm glad this check-in was started! Nice to meet both of you and everyone else, too!

Kara

Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

You know that noise your heart makes when you work out? It's called applause.

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. - Jim Ryan
Old 02-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Hello everyone!

Here is a little intro about me

My name is Natasha, but you can call me Tash, Natty, Nat. People rarely call me by my full name. I live in Bradford, Ontario (which is about 40min north of Toronto, Canada). Yes, everything you think about Canada is true. It's snowy all year, very cold, we live in igloo's, we love hockey and we say "eh" a lot. Just kiddin'! Yes, we love hockey, but that's about all that's true. I live with my DH, my 3 year old daughter Izabella and my two cats. I am currently a SAHM, after 15 years of working for Rexall Pharmacy as a manager. I currently workout 5-6x/week, 30min-70min depending on what I do. I love everything from step to kickboxing, hiit, biking, walking, skating, weight training, you name it, I love it (except for running & jogging). It was not until I found Cathe May 2011, that I took my fitness to another level. I have been doing her rotations consistently for 4 months, incorporating other video's from several trainers that I love (Jillian, Tom Holland & Jari Love). But Cathe is my #1 love

Oh ya, push-ups, I can do about 20-25 off my toes in a row on a good day with lots of energy and eating a twinkie beforehand .

Kara
Susan
Stacie (I hope I have your name right)

It was very nice to meet you all!

Susan
I am dying to get 4DS!!! This package is taking forever!!! It better come this week, I have it on my rotation for Friday (4DS kickboxing).

TTYL
Jenniferlove likes this.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Catheite

Oh my gosh... I didn't even introduce myself. It didn't even occur to me until NATTY did it (you should have told me to stop calling you Natasha LOL)

I am 38 soon to be 39 in May and live in the Chicago suburbs. Have always lived in Chicagoland. I work full time for a finance company (in retail credit cards) and am lucky enough to work from home 3 days a week. My office is far (50 miles one way) so on those days I don't work out. On my work from home days, I get up at 5am and work out for 60-80 minutes. 1-2 times a week, I spend my lunch break doing a pilates or yoga type workout. On weekends I go for about 90 minutes. I also use the weekends to spend time learning complex choreography (recently I spent about 3 hours over the course of 3 weeks learning an Amy Bento Step routine. By the time I learned it, I was bored with it )

I have been married for 17 years this April (yes, we married younger than most) and we have 2 daughters, ages 7 and 9 (waited to have kiddos so we could travel and have fun with just the 2 of us). We also have 2 dogs: a cavalier king charles, and a cavalier/pekignese mix.

Working out/fitness/health are my hobbies along with cooking. I love to cook and have a cookbook/magazine addiction. I eat pretty clean since most of our meals are from scratch, but I don't think they would all be considered healthy. As I like to say, my whole existence is making calories, eating calories and then burning 'em off.

I had a weight problem through childhood and highschool, so I will always feel like the fat kid, but I really am not. I am 5'7" and about 140. Have maintained this weight for pretty much my adult life. I had a short period where I bounced up to 155ish, and another period where I got down below 130. (of course I was heavier while pregnant). But right now I am the leanest I have ever been.

I found Cathe about 3 years ago. I have been an on again/off again exerciser, but 3 years ago I was on again, and haven't looked back. I work out with mostly Cathe and occasionally Jillian, Jari or Kelly Coffey-Meyer.

Susan
mini-natty likes this.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Catheite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-natty View Post
Hello everyone!

Susan
I am dying to get 4DS!!! This package is taking forever!!! It better come this week, I have it on my rotation for Friday (4DS kickboxing).

TTYL
That is taking FOREVER!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Catheite

Hi!!

I'll be starting this tomorrow - boy will tomorrow be a busy day!! I am currently doing CLX, Weider X-Factor ST, running and pilates NOT all on the same days - CLX on M, W, TH, F & SAT, X-Factor on SUN, T & TH, Running 5/6 x's a week and Pilates on M, W & F so I'll just add the 100 push up challenge to my list!!

My husband works out like a fiend - he either runs 10 miles, spins, elliptical or Nordic Trac for 65 minutes before work - "we" get up at 4:00am, although I'm usually not out of bed until 4:30 - this is when I do my Pilates or Stretching with Cathe LOVE LOVE LOVE Stretch Max w/the Band. Then when he comes home from work he goes on his Total Gym on T,W,TH,SAT & SUN along with foam rolling 5 days a week he has a IT Band issue and he is in great shape!!

A little bit about myself, my name is Cheryl, I'm 51 years old (although I really feel more like 30 (Thank God!!!) and I'm a Homemaker so I do have all day to workout if I choose to. I live in Westland MI with my husband and 2 daughters, Stacey is 21 works and goes to College & Megan is 17 and is a High School Senior who works for Game Stop definately alot on her plate as well!

I AM going to complete this challenge because I can do things during Lent that for some reason I fail at during the rest of the year.

...Cheryl
Jenniferlove and mini-natty like this.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Cathlete
fargomom's Profile Fields

Natasha - Stacie - Cheryl - Susan ... and whoever else who chimes in!

Here's a little background about me. Sorry for not including it earlier. I had to hurry up and get lunch done for the kiddos.

I'm Kara. I'm 32 years old. I live in Fargo, North Dakota. I have 3 kids who are ages 7.5, 4.5 and 1.5 ... (yes, I did say 3 kids! haha). They keep me busy that's for sure. My oldest is a girl and my two youngest are boys. I've been married to my husband for 10 years. We, too, were married young. Both my husband I grew up in western ND, but we now call Fargo home. Fargo has about 105,000 people and the entire metro area (Fargo, Moorhead, MN and West Fargo) has about 160,000 I believe. It's big enough for the things that matter, but small enough to not feel overwhelming. We're about 4 hours from Minneapolis, Winnipeg and Sioux Falls, SD.

I was successful in losing all my weight and then some after having my first 2 kids. I credit that to Cathe 100%. I'm still working at losing the weight after baby #3, but I'll get there. I have a couple weddings coming up this summer, so I'm using that as motivation. If anything, I just want to be healthy and fit. I was a chubby teenager and fitness & healthy eating were not emphasized in my house when I was growing up. So, I, too, still sometimes feel like the fat gal and probably always will to a certain extent. Even when I've been at my fittest it still feels awkward to accept compliments or think of myself as being thin. Old habits and thoughts die hard I guess.

In my not-so-spare time I love to read and scrapbook. The latter one I will never be caught up on, but I still enjoy it, even 9 years after starting. I enjoy taking pictures of my kids, probably too many (hmm, might be why I'll never be caught up on scrapbooking .... uhhhh), and one day I WILL own a nice moderately priced D-SLR camera. Let's see, what else? I have long hair and am not cutting it anytime soon. Long hair rules! I have grey eyes, even though they get mistaken for brown. I agree about lent - that's about the only time I can do without a bad food or give up a bad habit for any length of time. So hoping lent, plus the push-up challenge, will help me increase the number of push-ups I can do. Real push-ups of course.

I work part-time in the evenings a few times a week, but otherwise I am a SAHM to my 3 littles. I think the only way my husband and I been able to make that work is because of my husband and his attitude. He puts up with my grumpiness when the kids are getting on my nerves and makes sure I get out of the house by myself when I need it. I also credit my kids, they are really good kids (for the most part ....). So this SAHM gig has been going well so far.

I workout 5-6 days a week now, mostly Cathe DVDs, but I also go to the gym to use the elliptical and treadmill. I'm not much of a runner, but I do enjoy it. I'm signed up to run a 10K in May (my first), so I'm slowly but surely working up to being able to run 5 miles. On Monday of this week I began Cathe's LIS November rotation and I'm super excited about it. I've never completed an entire Cathe rotation, so I'm hoping I can make it all the way through this one. It sounds like lots of people have had good results with it.

I'll stop now ..... (I type pretty fast, so once you get me going, watch out!!). Nice to meet all of you! This check-in thing is pretty darn fun.
mini-natty likes this.

Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

You know that noise your heart makes when you work out? It's called applause.

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. - Jim Ryan
Old 02-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Cathlete

Greetings all! I am glad to see you all here on the thread!

Let's see, I live in beautiful Colorado (the pic on my profile is actually from a local hike). I work as a software engineer and I am a single mom of a 6 year old boy. I am 33 years old (or young...it all depends on the day). I am a bit different from a lot of people because I work out mostly so I can sleep at night. There is a lot going right now and some things that happened within the last couple of years that keep causing my sleep problems. I realized I had a choice...workout or take medication. I chose working out. My body will thank me for that decision for years to come plus I needed to lose some weight anway.

We have a bit of a crazy schedule so my workout time is usually between 10:30pm and midnight. I really do try to shoot for 10:30 or 11:00 though because my son is usually up by 6:30am. I workout between 5-6 days a week usually for at least an hour (not including the 1-2 miles I walk my dog almost every day).

I am excited to meet you all and I think that setting a goal for a 100 pushups is a crazy but wonderful idea! I haven't tried yet but I am guessing I can do 10-15 pushups at a time. It might be more though since I have been doing STS for almost 2 months now or it could be less because before STS I was doing about 20-30 every day. As soon as I do the test I will let you know what the actual number turned out to be!
Jenniferlove and mini-natty like this.