Push It

Hi everyone :)

Dana
Cheryl
Raciela

Welcome!

Raciela
Oh my, oh my! You are a champ! I also bow my head to you.
When I worked full-time, 95% of my employee's whom I worked beside, were Phillipino. I'm not kissing butt here, but they were the hardest most loyal employee's in the 15 years I was with the company. I will never forget them, they will always be in my heart. Not only were they hard, dedicated workers, but they were beyond nice. Every week they would bring Pancit for everyone to eat. The food was fantastic!!

Dana
Don't be humiliated. Push-ups are not easy. Everyone has a strength and weakness. I remember when I could not even do 1 off my toes. I thought "how the heck do people do this???". But push-ups are one of those things, the more you do the better you get. Adding weight training to your routine, especially UB will make you stronger. You will do great!

Kara

Your count is amazing! Have you tried doing them with your toddler on your back?? Just kiddin'!

BBL to give you my count. I am doing Jari Love's Slim&Lean today.

Natasha

Good morning!

Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day here today. It's a shame I have to miss it by being at work. But at least we have windows to look out of!

I decided on a plan of attack to bump up the push up count. I think I will do dropsets. So....tomorrow I will start with 8. Then a set of 6...then a set of 4...then a set of 2. I think I will only do it 3 times a week.

What do you guys have planned to increase your number?

Ok, my official count:

23 off my toes (no rest)

As part of my w/o (Slim&Lean) I also did:

3 more off my toes (3 count down/1 count up)
10 on my knee's thereafter (3 count down/1 count up)
2 triceps push-up on toes, 6 triceps push-up on my knee's

This was all done during today's w/o.

If you have never done Jari Love, she is great. Her push-ups, like Cathe's, are very challenging.

Have a great day everyone :)

Today I did

CLX - Burn Intervals and Ab Burner
Weider X-Factor ST - Week #1 - Finished my first week and I love this program!!
5 mile treadmill run

This is the website I'm using for my pushup challenge one hundred push ups
I am starting with week 1, doing them everyday so I started with 6 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did another 6 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did 4 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did 4 on my toes, waited 1 minute then cranked out 10 on my toes. I was able to bring my chest close to the floor - doing X-Factor helped me tremendously with planks and pushups because the instructor keeps "keep your pelvis tucked" and when I remember that they come easier.

...Cheryl

Today I did

CLX - Burn Intervals and Ab Burner
Weider X-Factor ST - Week #1 - Finished my first week and I love this program!!
5 mile treadmill run

This is the website I'm using for my pushup challenge one hundred push ups
I am starting with week 1, doing them everyday so I started with 6 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did another 6 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did 4 on my toes, waited 1 minute, did 4 on my toes, waited 1 minute then cranked out 10 on my toes. I was able to bring my chest close to the floor - doing X-Factor helped me tremendously with planks and pushups because the instructor keeps "keep your pelvis tucked" and when I remember that they come easier.

...Cheryl

Cheryl,

You are my hero! 51 yrs young you say?? More like 25. I am pretty sure you could kick my butt any day, and I'm 33. I love it!!!! I hope to be just like you as I age (gracefully). X-Factor is fascinating. How is the instructor? Does your DH do these with you too? My DH was a total fitness gym buff, but then he got out of the groove. I'm trying to get him to go back, as he seemed happier while lifting weights. We'll see....

Natasha

I would love to join the push it check in. I am 43 years old, married and have two boys. I have been doing Cathe for 10 years and did the Firm for 4 years prior to that. I never thought I would be able to do pushups on my toes. Like FabAbs I did the 100 pushup six week challenge. I couldn't do it. However while doing my first round of STS last year I did all knee push ups in Meso 1 and you that Meso cycle had a ton of pushups but that was a huge accomplishment to do them non my knees. Would you believe by the last week of Meso 2 I decided to try them on my toes and eased out 8 pushups and stopped because I basically scared myself that I had done them LOL! I later started the 6 week challenge again and never was able to do 100 consective but did get up to 35. The sets were toouch do I started modifying and doing four sets of 25 or 5 sets of 20. I kept it up for a while and then stopped and have now lost that strength gain. I am doing STS again and was planning to do the 6 week challenge so this is perfect timing. I did my initial test and did 20. I probably could have squeezed out 3 more but hey I was tired.

Welcome to the group, heartymax!

buneknek & mini-natty - Holy. Moly. NICE job on those push-ups!!!

trstacie - Loved the motivational music! Haha

This morning I added a mini strength session to my normal routine - I did CTX chest in the morning & CTX all-step, including shoulders & abs, this evening.

Goooooo TEAM!!! :)

Cheryl,

You are my hero! 51 yrs young you say?? More like 25. I am pretty sure you could kick my butt any day, and I'm 33. I love it!!!! I hope to be just like you as I age (gracefully). X-Factor is fascinating. How is the instructor? Does your DH do these with you too? My DH was a total fitness gym buff, but then he got out of the groove. I'm trying to get him to go back, as he seemed happier while lifting weights. We'll see....

Natasha

No Natasha, my husband doesn't do X-Factor - he would never do a DVD - his weights is strictly the Total Gym, no lie, he could be in their commercial, he lost 70 lbs with it. His cardio is either the treadmill, elliptical, nordic trac ski machine or spinning, and his eating is clean.

I forget who the instructor for X-Factor is but he is SO SO motivating, he uses the 30 second, 60 second & 90 second method and the time flies by. The DVDs are around 40 minutes including warm up and cool down. I have a habit of quitting around a 5 second mark with a exercise but not with this program I hold on until the end. Aside from my Cathe DVDs this is without a doubt my best purchase for 2012!!!

...Cheryl

Good morning everyone :)

Today's w/o as per the Feb rotation is kickboxing..........but I just got 4DS and I'm excited to try the bootcamp from it (lots of push-ups there)! I have a nice case of UB DOMS from yesterday :eek:. Go push-ups go!!!!

Dana
How do you like CTX? I was torn between that one and 4DS. The majority of people seemed to prefer 4DS. I know I will end up getting CTX one day. I love variety.

Welcome to the group heartymax!!!

Have a great day everyone :)

Natasha

Well, I have been a slacker and haven't done my test yet. Today I had 4DS HIS on the agend which has chest and back, so I wanted to make sure to not overdo it with the pushups. I also added on shoulders and abs from 4DS LIS. A good long work out today since I took the day off of work. The kids are off today so we are going to see The Lorax.

The good news is I completed the crazy 8 pushup set on my toes finally, which was actually my goal when the idea of this check-in group came up. So mission accomplished, but I am still going to do the test and try to improve, especially since I am starting the Feb 2012 rotation tomorrow that focuses on the lower body.

Natty - FINALLY 4DS showed up. I can't wait to hear what you think. I really love that set and am sad to leave it go to move on to the Feb rotation.

Susan

Natty - Congrats on getting 4DS! I have both 4DS & CTX. And yep - I'm also one of the majority of people who prefer 4DS. (The 4DS kickbox is one of my favorite workouts. Hmmm, maybe because there's no upper body weight work on that one? Haha.) But both series are wonderful of course. Enjoy!

I'm off work today & got to work out mid-morning. It felt so luxurious. :) I did CTX kickbox, including biceps & abs. Tomorrow DH & I will be out of town visiting family, but I'm still planning to work on my push-ups!

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Dana

TGIF!

Welcome to the group heartymax and good for you for busting out 20 pushups! We have some hardcore pusher uppers here!

Cheryl - Thanks for the link to the site. I am going to have to take a look at it. I have honestly never heard of it.

This week has been crazy and my workouts have really suffered! I actually fell asleep during the one minute rest of STS Legs two days ago. I took a breather at 11:15 and woke up sprawled out the couch at almost 1am! It's kinda funny in a way but I did groan when I realized what had happened. I will hopefully make up the rest of that workout tonight.

I think it's awesome that Cathe is offering daily deals but I feel kinda bummed out about because I already ordered stuff about a week ago with the pre-sale coupon. I am trying to not even look at the sales so I don't kick myself for not waiting. Anyone else feel that way?

Natty - Yay for finally getting 4DS! I am sooooo excited for you. I love that set. You will have to let us know what you think about it (especially the Lower Intensity Step routine....LOVE IT!!!!).

Happy Friday everyone! If you were all here in Colorado I would say we should meet for skinny margaritas! ;)

Hi everyone! I did LIS total body trisets lower body for today. Whoo! I really need another shower now .... that w/o is short, but boy, Cathe really works you! In a good way though! (I love hamstring roll-ins, I love hamstring roll-ins, I love hamstring roll-ins ...... ugggghhhhh). :eek:

Tomorrow I have Slide and Glide and LIS total body trisets upper body on tap. I really like the idea of doing dropsets (thank you trstacie!), so I think I will do some of those tomorrow, but probably later on into the evening.

Everyone is doing so great! I have a busy day today and into this evening, but I will check back in again tomorrow. TRSTACIE, I love Colorado. I'd take you up on that skinny margarita if I was there - sounds fun!

Happy Friday to my pushup clan ..... :D

KARA

Hello everyone.

Fargomom-----I also love hamstring roll ins. The DOMS the next day remind me how much I love that exercise.

mini-matty--I purchased CTX over a year ago with the 30% coupon. I have only done leaner legs, kick box maybe twice. I think there is an upper body one and I have done it once. For some reason I thought it as a must have but circuit training is not something that I do alot. I keep saying that I am going to do a circuit rotation.

Is the check in going to be once a week or how will it work?

This morning I did day one or week one of the one hundred push up challenge website.

HeartyMax - you can checkin in as little or as often as like! It's all up to you!

FargoMom - I like it here too! The weather is a little crazy though. Today it is supposed to snow some more and be in the 30's. The temperature is going to slowly increase until it's almost 70 by Monday! It's crazy but I love the random warm days. Margs do sound good don't they? :p

Tonight I am going to do the drop set approach on the pushups. Wish me luck!

Good evening everyone :)

I meant to ask heartymax, what is your name??

Stacie
Wishing you lots of luck on your drop sets! Great idea! I am a fan of a little cocktail now and then.......but mine are Martini's (Lychee is my fav!). Colorado looks so beautiful. So many places to see, so little time. I am looking at the daily deals too :). There are so many DVD's I don't own yet :(
Kara
Aren't you loving the LIS? You know what, all those plank poses & exercises are going to automatically make your UB stronger. Those hamstring curls on the ball just kill me! I hate/love them.
Dana
Working out mid-morning is very nice, I agree. Oh and I love your dogs!!!! They are so beautiful. What are their names?
Susan
I did 4DS Lower Intensity Step!!! I could not resist, so I veered away from my rotation. Loved it! Loved it! Congrats on the crazy 8!! Those are sooo hard.

Good night everyone :)

Hello ladies! Seems everybody is busy working out!!! Good job! It was a busy day for me today. I run 4 miles this am with my brand new newton shoes. I suppose to go easy on them but I got excited so now I feel like legs will be sore tomorrow:-( After my run I did 50 push ups, I thought at first I will not gonna make it but pushed myself.

Hope everyone has good plan/rest this weekend!

Hi gang!

I didn't post yesterday because I'm doing the push-ups every other day. This morning was CLX Burn It Off and Recharge along with a 5 mile treadmill run, as for push ups, 7 waited 60 seconds did another 7, waited 60 seconds, did 5, waited 60 seconds did another 5 waited 60 seconds and then did 10 all of then on my toes. Boy keeping my pelvis tucked, my stomach tucked and squeezing my butt really helps to keep my form and makes them seem easier.
Now off to have a smoothie.

Have a great day!
...Cheryl

Good evening!

Bad news first. I skipped my workout today for Cathe's Nov LIS rotation. I was supposed to do the cardio part of slide 'n glide and TB trisets upper body. Good news. I ran 25 mins on the treadmill at the gym and also did 18 pushups (up 4 from my previous count of 14). YAY! Those 18 tired me out, so I rested in child's pose, panting like a dog for about 3 hours ..... (hahaha) .... and then I did two more sets of 5 for a total of 10 more. So 28 pushups total for today. ((pats self on back)) :D I think I'm supposed to do yoga max or yoga relax tomorrow for the rotation, so I think I will just sub in today's workout instead. So that way I'm back on track.

heartymax - I don't know if I said welcome to the group, so welcome! nice to meet you and be proud of those 20 pushups!

Cheryl - Thanks for the form pointers. I kept those in mind when I was doing my pushups this evening. It definitely helped!!!

Natty - Yes, LIS rocks!!! I really love it. There's just a few more workouts that I haven't done yet like turbo barre, which I must admit scares me a little!, but so far I am really loving it. I'm almost done with week 1 of the rotation and then 3 more weeks to go. I see you're getting good results with the Feb rotation ... I'm leaning towards doing that next!

Stacie - 70 degrees?!? Jealous!! We're supposed to be 40 tomorrow, which is warm for us. But, man oh man, 70 would be so awesome. Enjoy it! (go do your pushups outside .....) HA!

Dana - I really like 4DS kickbox, too. The premix of kickbox only is perfect for days when I'm short on time. I haven't done a kickboxing workout in a long time .... I think I'm going thru withdrawal hearing you talk about it!

Susan - Did your kids enjoy "The Lorax" movie? The last one I saw with my kids was the smurfs movie ... which wasn't anything special IMO. My husband and I want to see that new navy seals movie that came out a week or so ago.

Raciela - Good job on you run! You're an inspiration! Did you do anything fun this wknd?

KARA

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.