Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 1/31

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I have not done a workout yet but plan to do D=Gym Styles Back, Shoulders & Biceps. It is still very cold here. I am a little down today, as it is the one year anniversary of losing my Dad. :( I can't believe it has been a year already.

Garance, not sure if you saw the post from last night, but I e-mailed the seller and she e-mailed back saying she shipped the package. She also sent me the USPS tracking number which I checked on the post office site, but there is no record of it yet. I will check again tomorrow, since she probalby hasn't mailed it yet. I will certainly not be giving her a good rating for shipping. I like now that you can give someone a positive rating, but there are 5 other areas you can rate and give different levels depending on how they are as a seller. Shipping speed is one of them. Puppies are so funny. Keegan used to chase the vacuum cleaner too, now he just looks at me while I'm vacuuming. Does he sleep in his crate? Have you decided what you will use for workouts after STS?

Joan, I agree with you on the gall bladder. The surgery has to be better than waiting to see if you have another attack like he had. I have never seen him in so much pain. He said it was lots worse than the kidney stone he had years ago. Do you do W-2's for company's that you do the books for? How many employees? DH did his W-2's yesterday and will be handing them out tomorrow. Except for the actual tax return, he does all his books and payroll etc himself.

Hi to Cathy, Josie & Valerie!

Last edited:
Good morning Deb and those that follow.

I have 14 business clients that I do accounting, tax returns and payroll. I used to do a lot more but as they retired I didn't replace them. I am not taking any new business clients. I only want to do personal tax returns and have the rest of the year off.

BBL

Joan

Hi Deb, Joan, and any later posters--

This morning I did disk 34 for chest and back (68 min.). I am looking forward to doing something other than STS for awhile, because frankly, meso 3 is BORING! Max does come over to lick my ears when I am lying on the bench.

Deb, thanks for contacting the seller. They have a similar rating system at Amazon. I always send items the following business day. I just sold Stretch Max, another Cathe I never use. I agree with Joan on gall bladder surgery. My DM was in her 80s when she had the gall bladder removed and it was really easy--no lengthy recovery at all. I do the same thing on the anniversary of my sisters' and mom's deaths--just revive memories of who they were and what they meant to me.

Joan, I just don't think I could do your type of work. I am the type of person who avoids pressure by always working ahead of deadlines. You, on the other hand, seem to working be inside the pressure cooker.

ttfn

i replied to you deb, on last weeks thread, did n't see this one yet.
i took the weekend off, well kind of, had the grandkids friday nite and sat. went to church this am and pampered chef party this afternoon and back to church after that. so, did n't workout , but busy as usual.

Back again,

Garance Payroll is a pretty quick deadline but tax returns aren't too bad. At first I get them done in a couple of days later it takes a week to get them back, then two weeks. Since everyone knows they have to be in to me before March 27 I really do have time to get them all done. Just hope I don't get sick.

The client that got me her work late picked them up today. She brought me flowers for my birthday so I can't even be mad at her.

No wo yet.

Joan

Monday..again?

Good Morning,

Today I did a Cardio Coach for 40 minutes, 289 calories.

Joan, doing payroll for 14 clients must be time consuming all on its own. I am sure you must have a slick computer program that you use.

Garance, FF through some of the rest periods in STS Meso 3 and you will like it better. I trimmed them down to a minute and got through it liking it. The tracking number that the seller gave me is now recognized by the postal service. It says that the shipper has put the info into the USPS site, so I guess she is mailing today. She will get a low rating from me on shipping speed and I will not purchase from her again. I like the seller of Murad that I just got one from, and will keep them as a "favorite" seller. I am pretty sure the surgeon will advise DH to have the surgery done.

Cathy, did you buy any interesting "chef" items at the party?

Hi to Valerie & Josie,

Take care!

well, ya, i did , deb . dont' know why , cuz i don't even like to cook. LOL! but, i got my son and dil their b/day presents and i got something. i dont' even know. my dil ordered for me. LOL! the one thing i did get that i wanted was the magnet thing w/all the conversions on it. it is really cool!!! considering i'm about as good at math as i am computers. :) i have to call my husband or my son when i double, triple, or anything in a recipe. isn't that pathetic. now, i will have it all on my fridge. so, i spent like $100. i only went cuz it was a good friend of mine that i haven't seen in ages. she had her 3rd baby in july and i haven't even see her. but, it was fun. got to visit. but, the hostess made tiramasu for dessert w/coffee. YUCK!!!!! i hate coffee, so it was very easy for me to stay within my points yesterday. did n't care for much of anything she prepared.
the little shortbread cookies were good. well, off to w/out.
oh, yeah, i have lost 6#'s since the first of dec. doing WW. ain't that too cool!!!!??????

Hi Deb, Josie, Joan, Cathy, and Valerie--

This morning I did Cardio Barre (55 min.).

Deb, I sent you 8 photos by e-mail of Max. I tried to make the first one into an avatar, but as usual, I really don't understand what the directions are. I am about as tech-savvy as a dinosaur. Yes, maybe I should have sprung for the 41 dollar essential-c and I would have it already and not mind waiting for the 54.50 jar.

I think I am in sabbatical mourning. I feel as though I could retire now without a twinge of remorse.

I wonder if this picture will show up if I give the url:
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/processed/phpjpoGAF_c2PM.jpg

One more disk from meso 3 and then I will stop for awhile.

good morning all!

Nothing great to report. we hoped to hike one day but too rainy. not gully-washer rain, light but consistent so we did yard stuff.... for full two days. the season is progressing and we have a lot to do, but usually don't get rolling until late Feb. Had to cut back and rake up tons of dead foliage and leaves. some people ( smart ones) do this in fall but things still look alive and semi-Ok, so for some reason we always let it go til spring. so lots of mud, wet leaves. had to move some big plants. Weed control too... yes the downside of early spring is weeds are bursting into leaf and bloom at a fast pace. we're starting our early vegies so they're ready for transplant in a little better than a month. Have to replace some landscape timbers but the store wasn't open on sunday so that will get put off a few days. At least we don't need to mow the lawn yet but we have more moss than grass. sigh.

Today will do a mix of some cardio and probably STSdisk 11.
Thanks for the warning about the timing in Meso 3. It always takes me longer to get my weights set up so maybe it'll work out all right. I don't like to sit around waiting but the transitions in the first disks are too fast, I can't get plates on and off as fast as they can, or look up on the worksheet what weights I need and find them. I'm constantly pausing the disk.

too funny, I love tiramisu which is part of the reason I have NOT lost 6 lbs since December. congrats on that any time of year drover, but especially over the holidays. I spend a $50 gift card at Trader Joe's on friday so will have to watch it. Got some very good, special things to try but nothing is low cal. It's funny, both DH and I love coffee and a big source of calories is a Starbucks double shot, or frappacino. we always split them, with DH getting about 85% and me 15% but calories are calories. wish I didn't like those so much.

I'm trying to remember if I posted anything about gall bladder surgery last week.... it's pretty easy these days for most people with just tiny laparoscopic incisions. but surgery is still surgery so still approach cautiously. but anything that's worse than kidney stones... well, you sure don't want to be repeating often. Hope DH is feeling better .

do you ride horses, traildoggie? is that where your user name came from. and, i may not like coffee, but believe me, i LOVE mexican food, and i live in s.texas where ya get really yummy mexican food. so, that is always a challenge for me.
and, just FYI, when i did STS, i would always set as much of my equipment up before i started, cuz it does move fast in m. 1&2. but in 3 you have lots of time and you don't change weight as much if i remember correctly. and, as cathe says, if you are lifting heavy enough, you will come to appreciate those long breaks between sets.

well, i am gonna try a different approach this month. gonna work hard 3-4 days a week and in between do a light workout. i am just so worn out. and i took last week as a recovery week, took the weekend off, and i'm still tired.
so, today i did tight buns & killer legs, 30 min. & the 39m cardio premix on drill max. but, i skipped most of the warmup cuz i had already done TBKL, so it actually came to about 60m. tomorrow, i'm gonna do a core w/out. so, we will see how it goes.:)

Worked my plan, 10 bike, 35 treadmill, and disk 11.

Drover, no I don't ride. I used to ride with my neighbor but DH is not a horse fan at all and I don't live near the neighbor anymore. I always seemed to have accidents with horses too, getting tossed, bitten, kicked,you name it. so I liked riding but it didn't like me too much. DH calls me Traildoggie because we hike a lot and if I "behave" properly he started calling me good doggie, and that evolved into "traildoggie ".

Oh my Mexican... all you had to do is mention it and we are having mexican tonight. I love Mexican but I love it hotter than DH will stand so I have my own stash of chipotle powder etcx so enhance my servings.

I can't figure how they change the barbell weight so fast... it takes me much longer, but I have a different system. and when I use a weight bench I need to pull it away from the wall so I don't hit the wall with the weights, and then shove it back when I'm done. so I'm not sitting idly, it just takes longer than cathe allows. Pause sure is necessary.

LOL! i'm sorry you had to ride crummy horses. come ride mine, they don't bite and they are very sweet.
well, we had fish tonite, and i still had mexican, mine was tilapia w/hot sauce on top. yum!:)

Hi ladies,

I'm still thinking about doing a short wo but I'm tired so I don't know yet.

I still want to finish 5 returns before I go to bed.

Joan

Tuesday

Good Morning,

No workout today, both dogs woke us up, one at 2:45 am and the other at 3:15, to go out. After that, I decided to shut off the early alarm and try to get more sleep.

Very cold here, it's 12 right now.
Your item was processed through and left our PROVIDENCE, RI 02904 facility on February 1, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Cathy, Good job on the weight loss! How many points do you get each day? My cousin and I were going to join the on line WW, right now they are offering a special to join for free. She is in Aruba right now, so we didn;t join before she left, made no sense. We'll see if she still wants to when she gets back. Saw your new avatar, nice! I love Mexican food too, so does DH and that is part of his gall bladder problem. Everything he loves is high in fat.

Garance, saw the pics, so cute! Did you see my reply? Once you have re-sized the picture, it is easy to upload as an avatar. I am sorry about the delay on the Murad...I keep checking the USPS. it's on it's way...here is the latest:

"Your item was processed through and left our PROVIDENCE, RI 02904 facility on February 1, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Valerie, I am so envious that you are getting stuff ready to plant...we are still buried in snow, and of course 12 degrees does not help! Even with the barbell system Cathe has, the rests in Meso 1 are way too short.

Joan, I hope you went to sleep!

Hi to Josie,

Take care,

Hi Deb, Josie, Joan, Cathy, and Valerie--

This morning I did disk 36 for bis, tris, and sh (67 min.). The rests are not so bad on this--30 sec. between each exercise in the set for each muscle group and then 1 min. between sets. Even so, I get a bit irritated with Cathe because she is prone to extending the rests with her form pointers, which are repeated from week to week in the meso so I know them by heart. Also, why do they keep moving their chairs and their weights? I actually yelled at her to just leave them be because they would be right there for the next set. Seems like a lot of unnecessary moving around of apparatus. Anyway, I am done with meso 3 and I will be off STS for a couple months before returning. The next run-through I definitely need some heavier dumbbells. I've also been wondering about this weight system where you just dial them heavier and it's very compact.

Deb, I did get your response to the pics. He is a darling pup. I'm so glad he does not wake us up in the middle of the night to go out. He just sleeps in his crate and is thrilled to see us in the morning. DH lets him out and he does his business promptly and then comes in to get lots of hugs and pets. He likes kissing my ear. I did downsize my picture and thought I had it saved, but now it seems to have disappeared and I am too lazy to start over again. Don't worry about the Essential-C. I'm sure it is on its way.

Valerie, I don't ride horses either. I think they sense my fear and freeze. The last time I was on a horse, it decided to go into Lake Banff up in Canada. We were on vacation and you could rent horses by the hour. Did not mind the mules at the Grand Canyon, though.

We are having some people over for Superbowl Sunday so I am going to make my famous Milky Way cake, Buffalo wings, and DH will grill sausages. Some other stuff as well. What are all of you doing this Sunday??

We have two easy curl bars, no straight one. DH keeps one heavy bar, the other I keep around 25-30 lbs, but sometimes it needs 15 or 20 and it seems like I spend large amounts of time banging plates around to get it set, only to undo, redo, undo. It can't be done in the breaks in meso 1. I try to lessen the changes by using weighted gloves. I am prone to get callus on palms at base of my fingers so I try to wear gloves to protect, but the weighted gloves don't cover that area so switching gloves is another time waster.

We bought 20 and 25 lb dumbbells and sometimes I use those for deadlifts etc rather than mess with the bar.

so I use pause a lot, and then sometimes fast forward, but then the sound gets off and that's annoying! Aghhh... somedays I just need to whine and complain!

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I had 2 meetings and one of them is with the researcher from hell. I worked out with my dd because she said that her legs are getting flabby. She is 5'7"and weighs 124lbs. I know that she will be sore, we did MM legs only.

Today I will be working out with Kevin; I decided to stay another month so that my partner can get back on track. She needs it because she fell off the wagon while taking care of her dd.

I have to get back to work.

Josie

deb, i don't think i have a new avatar. i put htat up awhile ago. anywya, i get 19 pts a day. which is not much, but obviously it has made me eat wisely, hence the 6#'s.:)

let's see , sunday , i will go to church, and NOT watch superbowl,:), and then, i think my grandkids are coming over and going to church w/me sunday nite. we are having a baptism service and my granddaughter wants to see it.

i did a tough 30m core w/out today. http://club.firmdirect.com/?q=node/31713. this one. and took a nap.

supposed to rain hard the next 2 days, so won't be doing much outside.
ttyl,

oh yeah, garance, i forgot, trail horses are the WORST. cuz, all they do is go out , do the trail and head back to the barn, they are super barn-sour. horses are definitely smart enough to know who can make 'em mind. mine are very sweet & gentle, but they don't do anything when they know the person on them is a novice. they are very lazy. kinda like teenagers. LOL!

Hump Day!

Good Morning,

Today I did a Cardio Coach workout. 35 minutes 255 calories.

Garance, I have looked at those weights with the dials....make sure you check them out on the net to get reviews before buying them. I heard that there are really good ones, and some not so good ones. I have weights all over the place in my workout area, and kind of wish I would have invested in those, but now it is too late. I go up to 20 # DB's with the plate mates I can make them each 22.5, then with the weighted gloves they can be 23.5 ..all this stuff takes up room. I will be flying to Palm Springs Super Bowl Sunday, so will mostly be in airports..ugh..

Valerie, I have a curl bar but mostly forget to use it. I have about 4 different bars, including that one, so I have a post it on the wall telling me how much each bar weighs. I can't keep track otherwise. I also have a 15 pound body bar which I like best, although you can't put any weights on those.

Josie, tell your DD I want her legs! I am sure they are not as flabby as mine...LOL...Nice that you are sticking with your partner.

Cathy, I couldn't see the workout, not a member of that site. I think I have been on a horse twice, at those public riding stable when I was young. Looking back, I feel sorry for those horses.

Joan, I hope you are sleeping.

Take care,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.