Pentagenarians & Beyond ^^Wednesday^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I am up early due to the dogs who cannot understand that I AM ON VACATION and I really want to sleep in until at least 5:00 or 5:30. They are programmed ( by me ) to get up at 4:00 so that is when they start doing the "get up" dance by the side of the bed. My side of coursex(

I will be doing an I-Tread 40 min workout a little later.

I took the little devils to be groomed yesterday and they look so cute. I would post a picture here but I don;t know how.:-(

Today is the holiday luncheon at work. I am going to go even though I am on vaction this week.

Jen:
I am sure you will do fine on the test. Let us know when you get back how it went. Do you have some experience in the medical field? you mentioned medical terminology..What type of admin job is it?

Garance:
You are reminding me that I can sometimes try a step workout for cardio...lol..I think by using I-Treads constantly, my mind wants to zone out when I do cardio and just listen to them tell me what to do next. Maybe that's why I have such a hard time with step workouts? you have to think! :7 . Regarding DS's and friend...When you bring someone home for Christmas, usually this means things are getting serious. Does it seem that way? Too bad you have to still grade papers when you are on vacation!

Have a great day!

Deb

Happy Thursday, All,

Yesterday, I did CTX Power Circuit. That one is fun - I enjoy the mix of Hi-Low, Step, and Kickbox. The body parts worked are back and abs - back is my favorite body part to work. The music is good, too.

I'm leaving in a couple of hours for testing - not too nervous right now - of course, I've had only one cup of coffee so far! I actually slept last night, probably because I only slept 3 hours the night before, the day I found out I would be going in for testing, so that worked out pretty well.

Garance, isn't it wonderful when you read a paper that you actually enjoy while grading? I remember how grateful my mother was when that happened.

As to whether I'm leaving my current job, I certainly think it's time, but I won't do so unless I have a firm offer. All our health insurance, vision, dental, etc., is through me because DH is self-employed.

Deb, I have some knowledge of medical terminology - growing up, I used to read my aunt's medical textbooks for fun - what a giant nerd! Also, my first job after returning to the workforce when my kids were school age was as a pharmacy technician. I worked at that job 7 years, and probably knew more about medications than a few of the pharmacists by the time I left. I've been gone so long now, though, that I don't know nearly as much because of all the new stuff on the market.

I did get the laundry folded yesterday, but no presents were wrapped. I'll have to do that when I get home this afternoon, so don't know if I'll have time to exercise. I'm working Thu-Fri, and we're having our family Christmas Saturday, so the present-wrapping is a priority today.

Deb, enjoy your work festivities -

Jen

Hi Deb and Jen--

I did PUB this morning. I always have to go down on the second biceps on 15s. I get through the hammer curls and then plop the 15s down and pick up the 12s. Finally, I think, my knees are starting to feel the way they were--just common osteoarthritis.

I think I am almost through with my Christmas cards. I wrote my annual letter the day after the big nor'easter, and just did a page of stream-of-consciousness. It's probably too "dark" for Christmas, but it reflects my personality better than the cheery blah blah I usually send out. DH thought it was hilarious--but he may just be pleased that he never does any Christmas cards.

Dogs are creatures of habit, aren't they? Our old farm dog used to wait for DH to tuck him in every night, and then as soon as DH went out in the morning, he'd be up to help with the farm rounds.

Good luck on the exam, Jen!

Back to grading.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.