PEEPS--Happy Christmas!

Boilergal

Cathlete
Happy Christmas Day, Peepers! :)

I hope all of you are having a joyous day today with your families!!! :)

So I'm the only one up right now--Houdini had a late night last night--and all her presents are under the tree: a toddler golf set (she loves her Daddy's real clubs, so I figured these were MUCH safer to swing around, LOL!), two Super Why! books, a Word World toy and and her very first apron to cook with (we'll be making cookies today so she'll get to try it.)

Last night only one teeny weeny disaster at the in-laws house. Houdini ripped off two ornaments off their tree, I didn't realize they were glass (their living room is DARK) and she clanged them together and...well, we were vaccuming broken glass as part of the night's activities, LOL. Their whole living room is glass tables, candles, crystal...I spent the entire evening chasing her around and scooping things out of her hands and hiding things on their mantle. Why did I do Drill Max yesterday morning when I had Houdini Max that night? HA!

Speaking of Maxing, I think I'll try to sneak in a Coremax workout when she's napping this afternoon and before we head to grandma's house for ham dinner.

Dani--Dani, good for you for wanting to make lifestyle changes!! Yea!! I don't really follow any books on Clean Eating, per say, but my motto is this: THE LESS PRE-PACKAGED, PRE-PROCESSED the better. Once you cut these things out, and get used to eating fresh foods, you really don't miss them. I think the only real vice I have these days is flavored Coffee-Mates, LOL!

I eat fruit with every breakfast (usually oatmeal or Malt-O-Meal--the chocolate one is a treat!) and a big salad or vegetable packed soup for lunch everday, followed with fruit and yogurt. I also nosh on Mom's Naturals Sweetened Wheatfuls cereal during snack times (like Frosted Mini-Wheats, but natural.) I make my own salad dressings (SUPER SUPER easy, I pinky swear!) and cook meals in under 40 minutes at night. You've got the exercise part down--you'll get the eating down, too. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Let me know your favorite things to eat and I can try to find some recipes for you.

I'm glad they are running tests--it is better to find out now what is going on and make 2009 the year for lifestyle changes!! Hang in there, I know this is scary, but you have the right attitude to address anything that needs to be addressed.

Bottom line is, you are not doing this alone. Your PEEPS are here to help!! :)

Heather--You sounded like you had a lovely evening last night! Good for you for deciding NOW is the time to change your life!! Bravo!

Ellie--So how many cookies did Santa nosh last night? LOL!

:) Wendy

Merry Christmas Peeps! We are off to my brother's house in about half an hour for brunch. I am leaving early to help him make it. We'll exchange gifts there with them and then come home and do the exchange with my mom and dad. Then I am doing ChillMax, which I haven't done yet.

I hope to write more later.

Wendy - your night last night sounds very tiring. My bro and SIL brought my nephew and neice over to a house where we were full of Lenox Christmas decorations and we were all running after my nephew last night. It's hard work. How were the tamales? I am sure the feast last night was wonderful.

good sleepy morning Peepers!

It's only 6am here on the West Coast, and DH was snoring since 4 and I couldn't stand it any longer, so I stumbled to the couch in the dark, fed the furbaby and we are curled up on the couch together, her at my feet (toasty warm!) :)

I'm now feeling a bit bad that we didn't put up our tree, so no lights that look so pretty in the dark... DH already got his present (he ordered it himself!) as I have no idea what to get the musician who has everything... we buy each other little thing throughout the year, so doesn't leave much for Christmas and Birthdays (his is in 2 more days ~ UGH~)

Wendy: your evening sounds wonderfully eventful! Apparently your inlaws forgot how it was when their kids were little, with all that glass decorations! Yikes! I look forward to a full report on the package wripping... I have a feeling that, as you said, this is the last year you will have that Houdini will NOT be fully aware of the season and will get much more exciting in years to come! Good luck with that! LOL!!! Also, thank you for the kind words about my "issues" ~ and yes, I will be in dire need of assistance from all my peeps! You thought Heather was a picky eater... well, I'm sure I can give her a run for her money, afraid to say... but with you, others here and DH, I'm sure I can figure out something! I have YET to starve! :)

Karin: have a wonderful time! How's your dad doing? hope he is regaining his strength from his surgery and doing well! Hope you get in that ChillMax as well... traveling can leave you so drained with all the running around!

Ellie: I hope to hear from you today too as to all the wonderful ooooo's and awwwwws's, bangs, whistles, crashes, that your boys got from Santa!

Heather: have a blessed peaceful day whatever you are doing...

Merry Christmas Peeps! I'll BBL once the sun has come up here, coffee is starting to pulse through my veins and DH has started breakfast!

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Dani, are you sure we're not married to the same man? I was up and out of our bedroom (and napping on the couch) at 5am for the same reason! Oh, and don't feel bad about the tree...we have a 2 foot fake tree that DD decorated with her grandma a couple of years ago and it is our Christmas tree this year.

It's now 7:40. DD & I are up watching Lyle, the Kindly Viking (a veggie tales). She's gone through her stocking and we're waiting for DH to wake up...he set his alarm for 8, which was a stretch to get him to get up that early!

My SIL is coming over later to have Christmas dinner with us as my brother is working today. It's going to be a quiet day home, but I'm really looking forward to just kicking back. One of the things we got DD was a Wii Fit, so we'll probably play that this afternoon!

Toys R Us Exploded in my family room at 4:45 am :eek::eek::eek:

DS's were up and raring to go, ripping open gifts before i even had my video rolling. Dh and I just laughed and enjoyed. Then it was 8am Mass, then 10am brunch at my sisters. It's 12:30 now and we are awaiting all of DH's family for dinner!!! OMG- I am sooooooo tired!

Please let me make it thru the day!!!
ellie

Merry Christmas Peeps!

I made the mistake of giving DD an iPod Touch and haven't been able to get near the computer until now:confused: She has been transferring all her music and going online to buy games and more music. I really really want one!! It has a speaker so you don't even need to use headphones. We got on the internet with it since we have a wireless network. OK...she is done with her shower so I gotta get going:rolleyes: Actually, I have my whole family coming in an hour so I can't play anyway;)

Hugs to everyone...Have a blessed day!!

JJ

Hey guys!!!!! Merry Christmas to you all! I love hearing about the activities at everybody's house.

Right now, at home here, I'm on the laptop chatting it up, older DS is on the other PC playing a game, younger DS is putting together a new lego set, my mom is napping on the couch and my SO is upstairs sleeping (he fell on the ice at his house this AM, getting ready to come here and has a horrible migraine, poor guy). Kids were up at a respectable 7am and done unwrapping by precisely 7:30am. If Ellie has Toys R Us in her house, then I have the going-out-of-business KB Toys mayhem in mine! LOL

We ate our big meal at 2pm and dessert shortly after. Suffice it to say, that I have probably eaten enough to last me 3 more days! Can you say PECAN PIE, CANDIED SWEET POTATOES and Caramel Pumpkin Praline CHEESECAKE! OMG!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.