Peep O Mania!!!!

elliemom

Cathlete
Hi PEEPS,

Today is DS Christmas party at school. Being the head room mom, I have to be there. Which makes sense since I planned the whole thing. But I am sooooo done with parties!!! 10-12pm I can do anything for 2 HOURS right?

Then tomorrow is Christmas eve. Now how did that happen??? I am
definately feeling manic today and 4 cups of coffe threw me over the edge!!
Yeah, like I wasn't already hangin' by a fingernail!!!!

My DS was soooo cute as the wise guy (blasphemy I tell you). The play was adorable and the singing could break china, but the kids put their best in.

Every year I tell myself I will simplify Christmas. And every year it seems to get worse!!! I have not stopped since Thanksgiving. What was I thinking taking on a toy drive, Christmas parties, plays, company dinners with everything else that was going on???
WHERE THE HELL IS MY XANAX????

Okay, found it and took 2, ah much better now. NOT!!!!!

I still have to wrap, clean, entertain DH's family (he's the youngest of 7) do the math people!!!! And add the kids. Oh good Lord I need another Xanax.
Can't take one and attend the children's party so I'm just gonna meditate for a minute. Ummmmm, Hmmmm, Ummmmm

Okay, deep breath Ellie. In thru your nose and out thru your mouth.........

But after all that, I still need to get all the boys gifts and QUIETLY place them under the tree at like 3am and eat the cookies for Santa and toss the carrots for the reindeer (hey, with all this stress, I ain't eatin' the veggies, I'm going for the cookies!!!) Then I need to peel hubby off the ceiling when he sees what I'm putting under the tree for the boys. Then I need to find a place to put all those things I put under the tree. Oh crap, I give up
Now would somebody please help me???:eek::eek::eek:

Next year I AM SIMPLIFYING Christmas!!!!!

ellie

Oh and in the spirit of Christmas....
Maybe I should ask how all of you are doing??? Instead of just talking all about myself here.
Maybe I should even throw in a Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah to all my PEEPS.

I hope everyone has a great Holiday and enjoys their family and friends!!!
ellie

Ellie, you are so funny! You can come live with me. That will give you a break from all the stress AND you'll be entertaining me!! Perfect, right?!?! Things will settle down soon and then you'll be longing for these frenzied days(yea, right);)

Have a good day peeps. I have no workout on my agenda today. Like Scarlett says "tomorrow is another day" - or something to that effect.

Hey Ellie. :pMind if I rub it in that I'm ALL DONE with everything??? I've baked cookies and a pie. Turkey is defrosted. I finished my wrapping last night. My kids will go to bed by 9pm and be asleep by 9:15 Christmas Eve. I'm relaxed! :p LOL Sorry, just had to do it!!! And when the boys open the Martian Matter Alien Maker, do NOT tell DH it was my suggestion! LOL Zachary and your boys will have to compare aliens when we visit in January!!! Seriously, 'TIS THE SEASON! :D:):rolleyes:

Phyllis-was that mean that I just rubbed it in like that??? LOL

I was up early this morning, after my 4am bathroom run. Just couldn't fall back to sleep, and the cats didn't help matters. So I got out of bed at 4:20, did some PC stuff and hit the basement for today's workout. And what a DOOZIE! The Drill Max Cardio Blast premix! YIKES! It's all the cardio drills, TWICE and it's a killer!!! I swore a few times, but it was okay because my kids were sound asleep 2 floors above me!

I wanted to thank all of you for welcoming me to your Peepdome! YOU ALL ROCK!

Time to dry my hair and get the kiddos ready for their last day of school. Then all 3 of us are off till Jan 5th!!! I'm REALLY looking forward to a long break with the kids!

Gayle

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Good morning! Brrr. I am still freezing in Texas. I snuggle up under my favorite quilt at night, and it is hard to get up in the morning!

Thanks for all the well wishes. I met with my doctor yesterday, and I am back to share the good, the bad, and the ugly. First the good. My blood pressure is great even at this weight, and my heart rate is normal again.

The bad is that I am likely dealing with MSG toxicity as I discerned on my own. I had high hopes at the beginning of my appointment. My doctor is sensitive to MSG too and confirmed that all of my symptoms, including the bloating, swelling, asthma-like reaction, itching, dizzy spells, and even loss of balance can be caused by MSG. I learned through my own research that MSG is a toxin and not a true food allergen. There is no blood test to diagnose MSG toxicity. My doctor confirmed this. There is no treatment or cure for this. Detoxing through avoidance is the only solution, which is no easy task. I do great at home when I buy organic and fix everything from scratch, but eating in a restaurant and eating at someone else’s home is a challenge. Do y’all have any tips for handling social eating and still being polite? I am not shy about asking waiters about ingredients and making special requests. I am more concerned about eating in someone’s home. Food is love in the South. When I am a guest in someone’s home, I do not expect my host or hostess to go to any special trouble for me, and cooking MSG free is expensive and a lot of trouble! I have been praying for wisdom, and God reminded me of the MSG survival guide I ordered in February at the encouragement of my nutritionist. I ordered a couple of books from Amazon last week that should be here tomorrow from a doctor who specializes in MSG toxicity. I hope he has some answers for me because my doctor was not very helpful. I gave him the website of the author of my survival guide, and he was shocked that MSG hides under so many disguises. (Even if you are a "clean" eater, you are likely eating more than you think you are!) I am always shocked to discover how little most doctors know about nutrition.

Now for the ugly. I weighed 274 pounds on the doctor’s scale yesterday, which is 14 pounds higher than my all-time high. Eek! My doctor thinks I am hopelessly morbidly obese and does not believe it is possible for me to overcome this on my own with diet and exercise. The medical establishment has thrown their hands up in the air and sent the white flag up the pole when it comes to treating obesity. A doctor spoke to our Biggest Loser group at church earlier this year and basically told us, "It is hopeless. Have the surgery." My doctor referred me to a bariatric surgeon for a lap band and handed me a brochure to read on my way out the door. I desperately need to lose this weight, and he thinks that is my only hope. Well, he is not God. Jesus is Hope for the hopeless, and I am putting my faith in Him. I am tired of all these professionals telling me it is not possible. All things are possible for those who believe. I believe! The gauntlet is on the ground, and I am accepting the challenge to prove him wrong (and everyone else who has given up on me through the years). I was ready to spit nails at my doctor when I walked out of his office, I called my Sunday school teacher to pray for me, I called a dear friend (who had gastric bypass surgery and weighs as much as I do after regaining a big chunk of weight), and I comforted myself with half a cheese sandwich. I stopped after eating half a sandwich because comfort eating is what got me into this mess!

I am fasting (and hungry!) this morning and going to the lab on the way to work for blood tests to rule out anything else that could be causing my symptoms. There is a clear link in my journals to MSG and my spells, but it is good to safe.

Karin, thanks for peeping in last night to let us know you arrived safely. Have fun with your family.

Dani, your post made me laugh out loud last night. Laughter is the best medicine! I hope your MRI results bring good news.

Ellie, thanks for the joy break this morning! I can count on you for outrageous laughter!

Phyllis, good morning! Are you going to enjoy a spontaneous workout this morning?

Gayle, I am glad you joined us in Peepville!

Hugs to Jerry, Jill, JJ, Vilma, Wendy, and any other Peeps who visit today. I hope to peep in during my lunch hour for more personals.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
Good morning!!!

I'll be a tad busy myself today, but it pales in comparison to what's on Ellie's plate, just basically getting last minute things for our Christmas Eve gathering tomorrow night, and continuing to clean the house.

A workout is most definitely on the menu today, might be going back to Muscle Max, now that I have doc's consent to do so! Everyone needs their "me" time, and mine is found during my workouts, so they don't get pushed to the side by any means.

Gayle, what an inspiration...DM at 4:20...unreal!!!, if it were someone else doing it, I'd be shocked..nothing about you surprises me!

OK..I have to go, BBL and have a great morning all!

Heather- find a new doctor!!! Surgery is always an option but it is not always the answer!! I have seen numerous people have gastric bypass and regain the weight. The lap band is less invasive surgery, but still IMHO not the first option.
We all look in the mirror and SEE something different than what others may think we see. Personal example here, TONS of people have always assumed that everything came easily for me. They assumed that I had a wonderful childhood and no worries or serious problems. They assume I'm upbeat and relaxed and funny and self confident etc. But what I see in the mirror is a scared, abandoned little girl, whose own father left her. I have had years of therapy and meds to deal with these issues and have finally come to a point where I am better. Not healed by a long shot, but better.
Then God gave me 2 little boys with serious problems. But I don't let their blindness define them either.

NOTHING is HOPELESS, YOU are NOT HOPELESS. You will one day SEE yourself as others do. A caring, loving, helpful, smart pretty woman, who happens to have an eating problem!!! That's all. That does not define YOU

I still have lots of fears and lots of anxiety but I get support from a group that deals with this type of thing. Maybe you need something similar.
Diet and exercise are the answer, it's finding the problem that can be hard. But you will. Have faith
ellie

Hi everyone! I slept well last night. Today is picture day here in the household. We have it at 3 pm at a place in the Deptford mall (some of you guys know where I am talking about). I am really thinking of doing a shot before going. I mean it's going to be crowded and crazy. Oh well, I guess I just have to grin and bear it. I have my red sweater all ready :D.

I also need to go and get some Christmas cards. I am just giving money to my family this year. My brother and SIL are getting a MacBook so I am just giving them $$ towards that and I'm giving my mom and dad some $$ for a meal card when they vacation in Aruba in Feb. I'm so creative, huh? At least it isn't more junk that people won't use.

Confession - I've been in NJ for less than 24 hours and I have had 2 soft pretzels and 5 cookies :eek:

Ellie - I love that you are the head room mom. I'm sure you do a great job. Also, take a breath! It will be fine and will all get done.

Phyllis - hope you have a good day today.

Gayle - that's great that you are so far ahead with everything. Enjoy your time off until Jan 5th.

Heather - I agree, get a new doctor and I know that you can do this yourself.

Jerry - have fun with MM and say hi to Cathe for me. I won't see her for at least a week. Boohoo, I want to go back home already :(.

Dani - Let us know what the 411 is about your knee. Thanks for the post last night. It was too funny.

Wendy - How are you doing? Are you ready for Christmas?

Hi to JJ, Jill, and Vilma!!!

PS - My personals while gone might not be too extensive. Everyone is over my shoulder and I am finding it very disconcerning. Everyone is so nosey!!! I want to talk to my peeps in private :p

Last edited:
Good morning, Peeps! Quick check-in as I am running a bit behind today. I did Crunch: Fat Burning Yoga this morning. I forgot how much I like that video. It flows nicely, which I love, but doesn't have endless sun salutations. And I modify the planks right now by doing them on my knees to take stress off of my left hand. The base of my left thumb has been bothering me for a few months and I think it's repetitive use/perhaps tendonitis/something along those lines. It's much better now since I've been avoiding things that aggravated it...a month or two ago it hurt my thumb just to grip my lip balm tin and open it. My regular power yoga videos bother it too much, as well as my right shoulder (lingering damage from a car accident). Long story short (too late? LOL), I feel fantastic this morning.

Heather - I agree with Ellie...get thee to a new doctor! Surgery should be a last resort. It may be a long and difficult road, but you can do it, you just have to be patient and persevere. Remember that the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Guten Morgen, Peepers! :)

I got up at 4:50AM today. I did 4DS HIS and Stretch Max with the stability ball. And like Jill, I'm feeling fantastic this cold, foggy morning here in the Big D! :)

I am almost ready for Christmas. I've got to wrap gifts (tonight) and get Houdini some black shoes and tights to wear with her tartan skirt. And I've got to get a new camera card at the drugstore/Target. Christmas Eve will be with DH's brother's family and it's a Tex-Mex fiesta--tamales, fajitas, homemade guacamole....I can't wait!! YUM!

Ellie--You are wound tight this morning, girlfriend! :) I can just see you spinning about at the school party!! LOL! Your posts are always so funny yet so real to me. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with all of us!!!!!!!!

Heather--YOU ARE GOING TO WIN THIS FIGHT. Do you know how I can say that with certainty? You recognize the problem--half the battle. You are serious about taking action to fix it--the other half of the battle. You realize you have emotional eating issues. You are ready to fight this with all you've got!!!

I think you need to get yourself to a dietician/nutriontist. GP's, in my humble opinion, are not equipped to treat such specific nutritional needs like you have. I have a very dear friend who has a child with 13 different food allergies and the nutrionist has made a WORLD of difference in helping them navigate the field of food! So I would find one of those ASAP. Even if you have to drive to Austin to find a good one, do it. This is your life you are talking about--well worth the trip for a good nutritionist! Also, it might not be a bad idea to see an allergist and have testing done to see if you have other food triggers setting you off. Another friend of mine did this and she was shocked to discover she was allergic to cloves, sole fish, barley and rye. You might discover some other things that you need to avoid.

Once you know all that, I'll go back through my recipe files and we'll make you try some new, nutritious foods that are good for you! It might be a leap of faith--you might have to try some textures you don't like, or preparations you aren't familiar with--but you might be surprised when you find some new things you love!

As far as going to a friend's house and worrying about the food--bring your own. Your good friends want to see you healthy--they will not be offended if you bring your own food to eat. My friend with the child with the severe food allergies brings a cooler whenever they come over and he eats from that and you know what? Nobody cares! Heather, your friends invite you over because they want to see YOU. That's all that matters! So pack your food and enjoy the time you have together--don't worry about your hostess because she won't mind a bit. :)

Karin--Oh, yes, a shot might be necessary!! LOL!! Or at least a glass of wine as soon as you get home. Don't feel bad about the pretzels and cookies--we are ALL eating this crap right now. Of course, my crap is sitting straight on my butt...I'd better start circuiting TOMORROW!! Totally understand about the personals, too...

Jill--I'm going to repeat this, but you do sound fantastic this morning! Glad the thumb is doing better.

Gayle--Wow, we were up at almost the same time this morning!!! How many cats do you have? I have two and one LOVES to get me up by 5AM every day...but once I'm up, he goes into the office to sleep. I guess his part in keeping me on the fitness wagon is done at that point, LOL!

Jerry--My me time is the workout time, too. And my Peep forum time! :)

:) Wendy

Wendy-we have 2 cats. We've had Valentine for almost 3 years now, and Tinker for only about 8 months. We took Tink in from my Aunt in Boston, who has 6 other cats! :eek: Tink is getting into this horrible habit of meowing ENDLESSLY starting anywhere between 4am and 5am. Not bad, considering my alarm is set for 4:45, but it's endless, I tell ya.....over and over and over. It drives me INSANE! I think I may have learned something these last few mornings, though.....if I open my bedroom door he'll be quiet. But I don't like sleeping with my door open, but I'm going to try it tonight to see if it helps.

ANYWAY........TMI? lol

Gayle

Your friends need to learn to take your allergies seriously

Peeps:

Good morning! Brrr. I am still freezing in Texas. I snuggle up under my favorite quilt at night, and it is hard to get up in the morning!

Thanks for all the well wishes. I met with my doctor yesterday, and I am back to share the good, the bad, and the ugly. First the good. My blood pressure is great even at this weight, and my heart rate is normal again.

The bad is that I am likely dealing with MSG toxicity as I discerned on my own. I had high hopes at the beginning of my appointment. My doctor is sensitive to MSG too and confirmed that all of my symptoms, including the bloating, swelling, asthma-like reaction, itching, dizzy spells, and even loss of balance can be caused by MSG. I learned through my own research that MSG is a toxin and not a true food allergen. There is no blood test to diagnose MSG toxicity. My doctor confirmed this. There is no treatment or cure for this. Detoxing through avoidance is the only solution, which is no easy task. I do great at home when I buy organic and fix everything from scratch, but eating in a restaurant and eating at someone else’s home is a challenge. Do y’all have any tips for handling social eating and still being polite? I am not shy about asking waiters about ingredients and making special requests. I am more concerned about eating in someone’s home. Food is love in the South. When I am a guest in someone’s home, I do not expect my host or hostess to go to any special trouble for me, and cooking MSG free is expensive and a lot of trouble! I have been praying for wisdom, and God reminded me of the MSG survival guide I ordered in February at the encouragement of my nutritionist. I ordered a couple of books from Amazon last week that should be here tomorrow from a doctor who specializes in MSG toxicity. I hope he has some answers for me because my doctor was not very helpful. I gave him the website of the author of my survival guide, and he was shocked that MSG hides under so many disguises. (Even if you are a "clean" eater, you are likely eating more than you think you are!) I am always shocked to discover how little most doctors know about nutrition.

Now for the ugly. I weighed 274 pounds on the doctor’s scale yesterday, which is 14 pounds higher than my all-time high. Eek! My doctor thinks I am hopelessly morbidly obese and does not believe it is possible for me to overcome this on my own with diet and exercise. The medical establishment has thrown their hands up in the air and sent the white flag up the pole when it comes to treating obesity. A doctor spoke to our Biggest Loser group at church earlier this year and basically told us, "It is hopeless. Have the surgery." My doctor referred me to a bariatric surgeon for a lap band and handed me a brochure to read on my way out the door. I desperately need to lose this weight, and he thinks that is my only hope. Well, he is not God. Jesus is Hope for the hopeless, and I am putting my faith in Him. I am tired of all these professionals telling me it is not possible. All things are possible for those who believe. I believe! The gauntlet is on the ground, and I am accepting the challenge to prove him wrong (and everyone else who has given up on me through the years). I was ready to spit nails at my doctor when I walked out of his office, I called my Sunday school teacher to pray for me, I called a dear friend (who had gastric bypass surgery and weighs as much as I do after regaining a big chunk of weight), and I comforted myself with half a cheese sandwich. I stopped after eating half a sandwich because comfort eating is what got me into this mess!

I am fasting (and hungry!) this morning and going to the lab on the way to work for blood tests to rule out anything else that could be causing my symptoms. There is a clear link in my journals to MSG and my spells, but it is good to safe.

Karin, thanks for peeping in last night to let us know you arrived safely. Have fun with your family.

Dani, your post made me laugh out loud last night. Laughter is the best medicine! I hope your MRI results bring good news.

Ellie, thanks for the joy break this morning! I can count on you for outrageous laughter!

Phyllis, good morning! Are you going to enjoy a spontaneous workout this morning?

Gayle, I am glad you joined us in Peepville!

Hugs to Jerry, Jill, JJ, Vilma, Wendy, and any other Peeps who visit today. I hope to peep in during my lunch hour for more personals.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

I have to stick my nose into the Peeps thread to say, Heather, that your friends must learn to accept the fact that you have serious food allergies, and that if you don't eat their food, it doesn't mean you don't love them. Would they berate a child who refused peanut butter cookies because of a peanut allergy? Of course not - it's the same thing with you and your situation. Had you ever considered taking your own food to functions since you expressed a concern for friends having to cook special stuff for you?

I also have a long shot suggestion for you - why not try to get on the real Biggest Loser show? I would call that a last resort, and you would certainly be held accountable in the most public way. I'm sure you would be an inspirational breath of fresh air especially with some of the characters they've had on lately like Vicky! I'm very serious - give it some thought. I agree with those who urge you to get a second opinion on surgery.

Last edited:
Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Good afternoon! I am peeping in for a minute before I return to the office for a few hours. I came home during my lunch hour today to enjoy a short nap.

Just to clarify, I am NOT interested in surgery. It was not my idea at all. My doctor blind-sided me with that referral. I did not discuss my weight with him (other than reporting the way I swell up like a water balloon after eating MSG). I was hoping he would not notice. *wink* When a forum member suggested surgery as an option for Oprah earlier this month, I almost responded what a bad idea that would be for her. Surgery does not deal with the root problem. I have friends who have had gastric bypass and a friend who had a lap band (and had it removed after regaining every ounce and suffering from side effects that surfaced years after surgery). All of them regained a big chunk of weight. The one with a lap band regained all her weight plus some, had the band removed, and lost 100 pounds on her own. The surgery makes it difficult to digest high-fiber foods, so following what we would consider a "healthy diet" with lots of fruits and veggies was not possible for her with the band in place. Bariatric patients typically follow a low carb diet similar to Atkins. The human body also has an amazing ability to heal itself and adapt to the changes we make to it. My friend who had gastric bypass can eat anything and everything under the sun without getting sick. Her surgery was only effective for a year. That is what is referred to as the "window of opportunity" for losing weight. If you do not change your lifestyle while you are losing the weight, it can and does return with a vengeance. Due to my food allergies, I would not be able to drink the protein shakes that are required for the first few months after surgery. The only kind of protein powder I can use is Nutiva organic raw hemp, which has too much fiber and not enough protein for a weight loss surgery patient.

Ellie, thank you for the kind words. You are such an encourager. Your boys are blessed!

Karin, I am glad you had a few minutes to check-in. I am thinking about you at the Deptford Mall in your pretty red sweater as I type.

Jill, I hope your thumb feels better soon.

Wendy, I have been to an allergist. The only food allergies are seafood, mushrooms, and soy. I am "sensitive" to MSG. It is not a true food allergy, but it is more toxic in my body than anything! I have worked with a clinical nutritionist/registered dietitian for food allergies. She provided me with a wealth of information, and I still have her e-mail address and phone number if I need her. Thanks for the sweet encouragement.

Gayle, have you done all your one-rep max tests yet? Did you start with the first workout card?

Cakebaker, thanks for peeping in! Feel free to visit anytime! Yes, I am packing my own meal for Christmas. The friends I am spending Christmas with watched me swell up 24 pounds in 2 weeks and are very supportive. As for The Biggest Loser, my friend (who almost made the cast for Season 4) asked me that question earlier this year. He stays in touch with the producers, and I am sure he could put in a good word for me. I am not interested. Taking off work for 100 days is not an option right now. Not to mention, the producers would want me to maintain this weight until the show started filming. I am far too miserable to consider that. I am definitely not a mean-spirited game player like some of the women this past season, but I am emotional like Michelle. She inspired me because she worked through her emotions and won! P.S. America does not want to see my glow-in-the-dark skin in a sports bra and shorts. Tan fat is prettier than pale fat! LOL!

Blessings,
Heather B.

Last edited:
Heather...So glad to hear you're not interested in surgery. While I am sure it has helped countless people, don't get me wrong, there is still a segment of people who view gastric bypass surgery as a quick way of getting skinny, without taking the necessary time to weigh all the possible downfalls to having a portion of their stomach removed.

Personal example here...DW works with a nurse at our local hospital who was convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that people didn't like her because she was overweight. She had the surgery done, and people still can't stand her... the reason...her lack of personality and decency.

Now she's missing a piece of her stomach, and still has no friends.

The only way to do it right is through a healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise..it's not easy, and believe me, me joining Weight Watchers after the 1st of the year will be no easy thing, but I'm going to do it, because it's for my wife as well as myself. My well-being isn't only about me, I have people depending on me...I won't let them down.

I know you've got what it takes as well, Heather...we'll get there together, my friend...I'm still planning on many more Heather hugs at Cathe's place in the coming years!!

Peeps:

Wendy, I have been to an allergist. The only food allergies are seafood, mushrooms, and soy. I am "sensitive" to MSG. It is not a true food allergy, but it is more toxic in my body than anything! I have worked with a clinical nutritionist/registered dietitian for food allergies. She provided me with a wealth of information, and I still have her e-mail address and phone number if I need her. Thanks for the sweet encouragement.[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Heather--OK, good, so you know for sure what allergies you have and what is toxic to you! And no blue cheese/that type of cheese, either, right? :) Then you are armed with the information you need to move forward with this. I also say, GOOD FOR YOU for not wanting surgery at this point. As Jerry wisely said, it's not for everyone. And as you said, it doesn't fix the root of the problem, or really teach you how to live a healthy lifestyle. That's what I love about Richard Simmons--he GETS this. He encourages people to follow a reasonable workout plan and sensible eating! (And I might be biased about Richard because I was a fat kid. You know, the funny fat one in class? Picked first for tug of war? Yep, Me! But Richard Simmons had his own TV show at that time, and as a 11 year old, I started watching. I learned about nutrition and got up off my but and did the aerobics with him at that part of the show. And I lost the fat and became a healthy weight for a kid! So I believe in him and what he preaches!)

OK, jumping off my Richard Simmons soapbox!! But seriously, Heather, we're all here to help and encourage you in any way we can.

I also made a delicious salad today you might want to try, because it uses the flavors of fall/winter. Now-I'm not sure where MSG is lurking--if at all in these ingredients--but here we go:

Spinach Salad with Balsamic Dressing & Green Apples (adapted from a cooking blog)
*1/3 cup olive oil
*1 tsp. dijon mustard
*4 TBSP balsamic vinegar
*1 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon (this adds some really nice bite to the salad, but no big deal if you leave it out!)
*sea salt and pepper to taste

Mix the mustard and balsamic vinegar in a container. Slowly whisk in olive oil. This is your dressing!

Then, on a plate, put some:
*Spinach
*One green apple, cut up into bite size pieces
*Handful of walnuts
*BLUE CHESE but you can substitute a cheese that you think would taste good here.

Drizzle some dressing over the top. Enjoy a super nutritious salad!

It's that easy. I keep the dressing in the fridge, and about 1/2 hour before I want salad, I take it out to warm up. I stir it several time to get the olive oil to dissolve back into the dressing, but it tastes good for several days.

:) Wendy

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

I am peeping in again tonight before I leave the office!

Jerry, thanks for the encouragement. I am looking forward to another hug someday.

Wendy, thanks for the recipe. That salad would be good with fresh mozzarella or feta. You can contact me by e-mail if you click on my screen name and choose the "send e-mail" option. I just peeked at the Thanksgiving pictures of Avery. She is adorable in that pile of leaves!

Blessings,
Heather B.

Heather, I just wanted to mention to you that if you have food sensitivities, even if they are not allergies, it is important to let your friends know. My SIL is gluten sensitive and can eat only very little of it. So when I know she is coming over, I will go out of my way to make sure that the meal is something she can comfortably eat. and when I was making zucchini bread for friends and family, her loaves I made with gluten free flour (and she loved it!). And I am more than happy to do this, because I don't want to have to worry about her not feeling well after eating with us. If you're friends are good friends, they'll feel the same way!

P.S.-A good friend also won't mind your bringing your own dish if you need to!

Last edited:
ok Peeps... I'm here... better late for the party than not show up at all right!? Right!

So, today was an extremely busy day and I am just now sitting down to really read over our Peep-o-rama thread! Not much to report other than I am TIRED! No workout again, and have eaten everything in sight, but oh well... next week!

I'm sorry, but will have to pass on personals tonite... I have to finish wrapping gifts for the office and getting a care package, literally, together for my father... who apparently is stuck in his house under 2 feet of snow in Idaho!

Know that I am thinking of each and every one and wishing you a good nights sleep and a wonderful Christmas Eve tomorrow!

will check in for personals tomorrow I promise!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.