October Rotation (week of 10/9 - 10/14)

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning. I hope you don't mind that I included the check-in for the entire week. Some of us figured that since there's only a few of us, that this would be okay to do. Please let me know if you'd rather do each day separately.

ANYWAY.......

Saturday was DOR and Sunday was Muscle Max, as prescribed! This morning, I was up early for my FAVORITE Cathe kickboxing...Cardio Kicks. I get so good and sore and sweaty from this one. I LOVE IT.

HOW IS EVERYBODY???????

Gayle

Morning Ladies,

Cardio Kicks is also a favorite of mine. I love the drills at the end. So far I'm feeling pretty good, and really like the rotation. This week looks like we will be getting into the lifting. Only 3 days of cardio on the schedule.

Don't mind a bit that it is for the whole week.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning ladies. Saturday was a day of rest for me. Yesterday was Muscle Max. I went heavier for the shoulders and did 12 pounds on the upright rows and 24 pounds on the barbell front raise/delt. I don't have Cardio Kicks so I did KPC today. Felt great. I think I'm going to switch and do my run on Wednesday and GS BS&B tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Marcy

I just did Cardio Kicks. I always enjoy that workout!

This weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving and I had two huge turkey dinners, and feel completely stuffed. I really need that run tomorrow to burn off some calories.

It looks like we lost a few people from last week??

Kim

I did Cardio Kicks yesterday. I did not get to work out this morning so I will have to either run if possible or do some other cardio this afternoon. I hate not getting it over with in the morning. I hope everyone enjoys their run today. It is beautiful outside here. Oh, and I need to come clean. My husband bought Breyer's Reeses peanut butter cup ice cream this past weekend x( and, well, I haven't done the Halloween bonus yet :eek: !! I need to be doing it every day after eating that darn ice cream.

Guilty in Virginia;) ,
Ashley

Dear Guilty In Virginia-
Do the Halloween Bonus as prescribed and move on! LOL. Tell DH he is evil! LOL. Just kidding!

I haven't done the bonus yet myself, and I haven't needed to. I'm kind of hoping that I can make it thru October just fine without NEEDING to do it. My biggest temptation will be all the Birthday cake in my house! My younger son turns 6 next Tuesday and my older son turns 9 on the 29th! Add that to the Halloween Candy, and we'll see how I make out for the month! LOL

Perhaps I should do the bonus one time this week just to see how evil it really is. Maybe knowing how bad it is will keep me from going off the deep end!

ANYWAY.......I got up and did my run this morning on the treadmill. Did 50 minutes, over 5 miles with slowly increasing speeds and inclines. Then I added on abs at the end, including 3 minutes of planks. Good and sweaty.

The weather is gorgeous here today, but it's supposed to change big time tomorrow, with COLD temps and rain. The Farmer's Almanac is predicting snow for us before Thanksgiving! YIKES!

Have an AWESOME DAY, ladies. I enjoy checking in with you all each day!

Gayle

Morning Ladies,

Today will be a 50 min run (on treadmill) and one of my Ab Hit Fav's. I usually do the one that includes the ab work from CTX Kickbox. I like the different planks on this one.

Gayle, we are getting the same type of weather. They have actually said that by Thursday we will have a rain/snow mix.x(

I haven't done the Halloween Bonus yet. Maybe will try it out after doing one of the GS tapes.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hey, Laurie! I'll try the bonus tomorrow, if YOU try it too?!?!? LOL. I was thinking that it would be a good idea to tack it onto this week's upper body days. Are you game??????

Gayle

Morning, everyone. Well, I went on my first real run/walk this morning. As I've told you, I hate running but I had to try it sooner or later. I alternated between power walking and running. That seemed like the longest 50 minutes. I thought it would never be over. I also did ME abs. I've had asthma for the last few years so running really wipes me out although IMAX 3 isn't a problem for me. I still can't believe I ran track back in high school but that was so long ago. The good part is I was still in my zone for the whole 50 minutes and burned 311 calories.

Have a great day.

Marcy

Okay Gayle, I will take you up on that challenge. That day is going to be my bad eating day for the week. Our department is getting a meal catered tomorrow. I'm getting the grilled Salmon, but it's the sides I'm worried about. :9

Laurie

Good Morning. It's Wednesday and time for Gym Style! I was up early for today's workout. I did GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps. Then, as promised to Laurie, I added on the Halloween bonus at the end. WOW. Those first few minutes of jacks, tucks and stuff really catch up to you. Just a word of warning....when you get to the air jacks, plyo jacks and tuck jumps, it's just 16 of them each....NOT 1 MINUTE! LOL I kept doing them all at 1 minute each and FINALLY realized it only called for 16 of those killers! LOL. Oh well, consider it a 'bonus bonus burn'. LOL

Feeling great. I'm really getting excited for the new workouts too!

Have an awesome day everybody! Enjoy your workouts and keep moving and stay focussed!

Gayle

Morning Ladies,

Ok Gayle thanks for the warning. I will be doing the GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps along with the Bonus. I enjoyed my run yesterday, quite a good sweat going on that one.

I'm excited for the new work outs also. I really enjoy Bodymax and Bodymax2 is going to be here soon. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

I did Imax 3 yesterday since I wasn't able to do it last week and I can't run until my husband gets home because of our 6 yr. old. Also, I don't want to run in this neighborhood. I wish I had a treadmill but I don't have anywhere to put one. Way to go, Marcy, on getting your run done when it's nor somethuing you normally do. I'm with you in that I don't normally run. Anyways, today is GS Back, Bi's & Shoulders. I like that workout. Have a great day everyone!

Ashley

Good morning everyone. Thanks Ashley for the vote of confidence. I'm going to try and fit running in my rotations at least until it gets too cold outside. Did GS Back, Bis and Shoulders this morning. I really love this workout and all the Gym Styles. Biceps is my dreaded body part to work but for some reason it doesn't bother me this workout. I do better with slow and heavy type of lifting. I did part of the Halloween Bonus Burn but only up to the cooldown. Skipped the pushups and crunches. Did 32# on the barbell pullovers. I also love the concentration curls. Have a great day.

Marcy

Sounds like everyone is keeping right on schedule!
WTG on doing the Halloween Bonus some of you!

I didn't get a workout in yesterday so just finished my 5 mile run and 9 mins of abs from Leaner Legs. I chose it because it has no planks! I can not do planks. Why is it that I can do most of Cathe's ab workouts without too much difficulty but can not do planks??

I'm a day behind on the schedule but will just continue with GS Back, Biceps and Shoulders tomorrow and maybe do a double workout on the weekend to catch up.

I have not done the Halloween Bonus but really should between potluck lunchs/birthday cakes at work, and Thanksgiving dinners I've been eating like crazy all week. UGH!

We've had light snowfall yesterday and today. There is a winter storm warning for tonight. This weather sure just makes me feel like curling up in front of the tv and snacking after work. Kim

Thursday now, I got up early and got GS: Back, Biceps, and Shoulders done.

Have a great day everyone! Kim

Hi everybody! Sorry for this quick post....today's the day I help out in my DS's Kindergarten class!

Up early for GS LEgs. OUCH! LOL

BBL sometime!

Gayle

Morning Ladies,

Today of course if GS Legs and 10 Min of Ab Hits.

I did the bonus and I thought that it worked really well with the GS BSB. Didn't take forever to do, and I'm not usually a scale watcher, but I didn't gain any weight. The food we had was actually clean. I had Garlic Encrusted Salmon with Mango sauce, baked potato, vinegar cucumbers and a whole wheat roll. Of couse I added a little butter to the mix. :9 But I was very amazed and happy.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi everyone. Did GS Legs this morning and HSC abs. The band work on the inner and outer thighs kills me but I somehow got through it.

Have a great day!

Marcy

I did not get to workout yesterday so I did GS Back, biceps and shoulders today. Tomorrow I will do GS Legs and I am going to TRY to do GS Chest/Tri and Imax 2 on Saturday. We'll see...

Keep up the good work everyone!

Ashley

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.