NROL'ers...Are you out there? Check-In w/me! :-)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls!

I just finished day 1 of my NROL4W rotation! Are you ladies still doing a check in? I saw the thread for last week but saw nothing for this week.

Hope to hear from someone soon!:)

Wendy!
I am sooo excited to see you doing NROL4W! You are the one who got me to read the book :)

Yesterday was workout #16 of stage 1

warm up: 5" on elliptical
Deadlift: 2/8 @ 90#
DB Shoulder Press: 2/8 @ 23# (20# + 3# DB)
Wide Grip Lat Pull Down: 2/8 @ 54.5 #
Lunge: 2/8 @ 27.5 (25# + 2.5 ankle weights on my wrists)
swiss ball crunch: OK I do wood chucks 1/15 @ 15# , 2/24 @ 15#

then for HIIT: I tread sprint 16D 20 minutes. the sprint intervals speeds were were in the 7.5 to 8.0 range)

Today was Itread #9 (flat and fast) I only had time for 4 miles, but I got in 4 miles in 36:55

Tomorrow is the AMAP workout A.

Lorie- if you read this I sincerely hope your shoulder is healed! I want you back here building muscle with us!

Jacque- Are you doing NROL4W this week?

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

RE: NROL Check in 5/12-5/18 :)

Hey Judy!

Glad you are enjoying NROL. I honestly didn't think I'd want to get involved in NROL right now but endurance lifting,as much as I enjoyed the change of pace, just doesn't work as well for me as the heavy stuff so I figured if I need to go back to heavy then NROL it is!}(

You seem to be rockin' the work outs. So what is your work out schedule like? Would you mind posting a smaple? I am trying to decide how I am going to do this.

Today I did the first work out. I went really light as I wanted to make sure I could up my weights every work out. I may have even gone too light but even the book said not to worry since it IS a 6 month long rotation. Plenty of time for trial and error. LOL

Warm Up: P90 Masters Sculpt warm up

Weight Work out 1A:
Squats: 2 sets/15 w/25#BB
Push Ups: 2 sets/15
Seated Row: 2 sets/15 w/medium resistance Bline band
Step Up: 2 sets/15 w/10# DB's
Prone Jackknife: 2 sets/8

Cardio: Half of Interval X+

I am looking forward to going heavier on Thursday. }(

Tomorrow I am not sure if I will do yoga or a light cardio.

Good night. :)

Wendy- My week is basically every other day NR / run and once a week an extra run on a NR-day. Then a rest on day 7.

ideally: S, Tu, Th = NROL4W, M,W,F = run ~~ one or two HIIT usually iTread, and one longer run. I have cut my Longer runs to 5 miles or less and am concentrating on pace more. My total weekly mileage is 8-15 miles down from 16-20. I am liking the shorter intense runs.

*** Sometimes I have to rearrange a weekend day off and just go with it.

(I might throw in an Imax with the BOSU for variety too. I did that last week)

Hi Judy.

Thanks for the info. I will probably just alternate weights and cardio as well. This week is going to be a little funny but starting next week that is what I'll do most of the time.

I'll be back this afternoon after my work out to give ya the scoop. ;)

Special 1A workout is done:

WU : 7 min on bike
Squat: 40.5# 90 reps ~rest 60 sec
push ups: 30 ~rest 60 sec
seated row: 40.5# 70 reps ~rest 60 sec
step up: 10# in ea hand 70 reps per side~ rest 60 sec
prone jackknife: 25 total ( bad form on last two)

My heart was pounding at the end and I was dripping with sweat! I do not think I could run on the same day as a AMRAP workout. I will run tomorrow and do 1B AMRAP on Friday. I'll need one more run on the weekend. but I'll be busy with kid sports so it will be tricky.

AMRAP sounds tough! Good job Judy. :)

Today I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2.

Tomorrow is NROL work out #2 and ITread 13 or 19/30 min sprints. Well, this is my plan for tomorrow as of NOW. We'll see what happens come tmrw morning. ;)

Have a great day.

Hi gals,
I'm curious what NROL4W is. I gather its a 6 month program, and you all lift heavy, but where can I find out more about it? It looks like something I may want to try.

TIA
Deanie

RE: NROL Check in 5/12-5/18

Great thanks!
I am off to the book store this weekend, and I may join you:)

Thanks
Deanie

Hi Judy & Wendy ! ;-)

Yup, still doing the NROL. Judy, it seemed like a hastle for you to post with just to two of us and also post on Cheetah's. I am also alternating running (my now favorite cardio) and thought about checking in over there.

I will continue to post here but . . . the Cheetah board seems so fun:p Whatcha think about doing it over there unless deanie wants to "play" with us too?

I just finished my 6th round of Workout A in Stage 1:

Squats: 3 sets of 10 @ 55#
Push Ups: 3 sets of 10 (on toes)
Seated Row: 3 sets of 10 using 3 bands - (went 12" farther from band attachment point this time.)
Step Ups: 3 sets of 10 @ 40#
Prone Jackknife: 3 sets of 12

I absolutely love these workouts - especially with 3 sets now and am feeling a little stronger with a little more definition.

Thanks guys, but don't count on me yet. I will get the book this weekend, but I still have to read it, so I will catch up with you all when I'm set:) Looking forward to joining!

Deanie

Good Morning Girls.

Just finished NROL work out 2A-stage 1 and yes, I definatley went waaay too light on my weights. ACK. Oh well, I'll just have to really heavy it up for the next 2 work outs! }(

I am heading to the gym in a few to do one of my sprint Itreads for cardio. Tomorrow is my rest day as I am running a 5k race on saturday morning. My next NROL work out will be Sunday.

See you then ladies!:)

Wendy - good luck with your 5K today !

I took yesterday off and with the reflooring project the next two weekends am not sure when I'll get to my next workout. Maybe this afternoon depending on how the day goes.

Until later . . .

Thanks! :)

I ended up PR'ing with a 28:27. I'm happy!:+

The race was it for me today. I pick up with NROL tmrw. }(

Oh, btw, I just received "Afterburn" in the mail. It's another training program by Alwyn Cosgrove and the focus is fatburning. I'm excited to read it! I don't know what this will mean for my NROL roation ;) but I'm sticking with it for now...

ok, i am lurking here:7

wendy- great job with your 5K!!! that is freakin' awesome:7 :7
sooooooooo, wanna start a afterburn checkin', lol:+ :7

>ok, i am lurking here:7
>
>wendy- great job with your 5K!!! that is freakin' awesome:7 :7
>
>sooooooooo, wanna start a afterburn checkin', lol:+ :7

Sunny, you are SUCH an enabler!!!! Let me read the book first atleast!:p :7 :p

Hi girls, I'm mostly a lurker too, but Wendy, I had to pipe up and say I'm really interested in hearing what you think of Afterburn.

I've been doing NROL4W for a few months now. I just started Stage 4 (but have been sick this past week, x( ), and I love the program. Love, love, LOVE it. I'll be reading to hear what you girls think. I also just got in the mail today The New Rules of Lifting. (The one for men.) I'll be going through that this week, because I'm already trying to plan for after NROL4W. Anyway, all that is just to say that I've become a HUGE Schuler/Cosgrove fan, and I'm excited you're checking out Afterburn. Please keep us informed!

Jen

Okay now I'm torn. Afterburn sounds AWESOME but I want to give NROL a fair shot too!

Here's my issue though...I need to start training with in the next few months for my first 18 mile race which takes place in October. Doing NROL while training is DOABLE but doing Afterburn while training just won't work so....Here is my thought...

Ditching NROL for now and doing Afterburn until it's time to start training and at that point switch back to NROL since I've only done 2 work outs anyway so I can just start from the beginning!

Thoughts??

Sunny: I sent you an email (instead of a PM) thinking you might check it more frequently then you do the Cathe forums. Hope you don't mind! I have a question about Afterburn!!!!!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.