Not in great shape, but getting there-Feb 6th

amybajamy

Cathlete
Okay here's out first weekly check-in. We can start one every Saturday.

If anyone else wants to join us, please do!

Thanks for getting this started Amy! Ok, so I told you all that I did the 1st STS Legs this morning...I am already soooo sore! I am not sure if I will be walking tomorrow! I'm glad tomorrow is Sunday. My plan was to get up in the morning and do LIS and HIS from 4DS. We'll see how I feel though. Good Night!

Hello! I'd like to join this check-in... thanks for making it a weekly one, because then I'm more likely to do it-- the daily check-ins are too frequent for me and I get lost if I only check in 2-3 times a week when everyone else has been chatting every day!

My name is MC, and I'm 29 (I'll be 30 in July!) I used to be in excellent shape, but then I got married and somehow my mother's genes kicked in and I gained 60lbs in 3 years!! I've stayed mainly the same for the last 3 years-- with some 25 and then 40-lbs losses when I joined WW twice, but I seem to gain back at 3x the speed it took me to lose it!!

I love Cathe, and have a lot of her videos. I admit I've been away from them since about October due to a series of illnesses and injuries (suffice it to say that so far, this winter has not been kind to me), but I'm looking to get back on the horse and shed these 60lbs!!

Like I said, I'm married (just had out 7-year anniversary in December), I have no kids yet, but that's another reason I want to lose the weight-- I want to start a family later this year! I do have 2 cats and 2 dogs that keep me busy, though, and of course I work full time and go to school full time to get my Bachelor's in Business Administration. (I'm taking the long route to get there!)

Anyway, sorry, that was long-winded. I look forward to interacting with the rest of you!! I'm going back and reading the other intro thread... :)

MC

Amy and Lisa - I am pseudo-doing WW again, too, but I can't do the online one; I need to have that interaction to stay on track and motivated, and since I dread seeing the disappointment on the face of the WW Leader when I weigh in and I've gained, it sort of keeps me from devouring a box of cookies. :)

Lisa - I am actually trying to do a modified version of clean eating... little dairy, no processed food (except for bread, because I cannot find "natural" bread that I can stomach-- which is saying a lot, because I love whole grain/nut bread that other people think tastes like cardboard!) I'm also starting OAMC (once-a-month cooking) where I cook everything for a month on 1 day and freeze it. I'm so excited about it!! :) How are you guys handling the snow fall?

Liberty - wow, it sounds like you are going through a lot of changes right now! I think you are being very wise in taking a step back and making sure that you are stable and healthy and mentally/emotionally ready for a serious relationship. How exciting about your degree pursuit... where are you thinking of going, do you know?

Lovetocamp - I look forward to learning more about you! I got hooked on Cathe through FitTV, too! :)

I'd like to say that I'm planning to workout, but I really can't yet... I got bronchitis about 2 weeks ago and I'm still struggling to make it up the stairs without dissolving into a coughing fit, so unfortunately it doesn't yet feel like I'm up to a workout. :( Once I start back, though, I think I'm going to do the 4DS cardio portions for the first few weeks and move on from there.

I live in Maryland (just south of Baltimore) and we are BURIED in snow. DH and I shoveled from our front porch to the front sidewalk/street yesterday, but our road is still not plowed and the snow is about 30 inches deep on the street. I'm hoping we can make it out of our road with our 4-wheel-drive truck, but I have my doubts because of the amount of snow. Getting to work tomorrow should be interesting!!

MC

Posting this just to bump the thread to let everyone know we have a new week's check-in! :)

I'm in MD and we have 10-20 more inches of snow coming out way between tonight and tomorrow... this is after the 32 inches we got between Friday and Saturday... I realize to some of you that may not be a lot, but MD isn't accustomed to this much snow, and we're struggling with it!!

Anyway, I'm starting to feel a bit better and not coughing as much, so maybe I can start up my workouts again soon... wish me luck! :)

MC

Hello everyone!

How is everyone doing? It seems like we are split between the old thread and the new thread this week. Lol! MC - I'll quit whining about the snow we have gotten here in Ohio - about 15". I can't imagine having all that snow your area has been slammed with! Be safe!!

Liberty - Glad to hear that your son is feeling better!

I am having a better week so far. I am still sore from Disc 3 - Legs from Saturday!! I did LIS and HIS on Sunday even though it was painful, STS Disc 4 & 4DS Kickbox on Monday and then today I got up bright and early (wait it was so early that it wasn't bright yet!) and did the cardio timesaver premix from Low Impact Circuit. The cardio on that workout is fantastic! I have so much fun with it. I have lost a little weight this week so that's good! My daughter baked a cake that is calling my name though. I'm trying to resist!

Finally - welcome to all the other new folks joining the thread. I look forward to getting to know everyone and hearing about your fitness journey! Have a great evening!

Good morning everyone!

Welcome MC! Wow, I can't believe how much snow you have, that's insane! I feel for you being sick, it seems like that happens to me everytime I get into working out again, I start to make improvements and then I get sick and then it's like starting all over again. Four day split sounds like I good one to start with. I love 4DS, the workouts are so fun and they aren't too long! So are you going to start going to ww meetings? I agree it really helps to actually go to the meetings. I also am trying to lose weight before having a baby. I have one son who will be 2 in March. I would also like to lose 60 lbs, but we're going to ttc around April, so I know I can't lose that much by then. My weight loss ticker says 40 lbs, that's what I'm hoping to lose by the time I get pregnant, then I'll weigh what I did when I got pregnant with my first son. I actually lost most of my pregnancy weight quickly after I had my son, but then I put on a bunch of weight because my life had completely changed and I no longer had time to concentrate on diet and exercise. Also I got depressed going back to work and ate junk food to make myself feel better. So here I am trying to lose weight AGAIN. This is the 4th time I've gone to ww. Well good luck with your weight loss and with starting a family! I look forward to "talking" to you. It sounds like we have alot in common!

Well I did cardio core circuit this weekend and on the one hand I feel so out of shape because it about killed me! I have to pause the dvd after every interval to catch my breath. I just can't do it with those little short breaks that Cathe takes! On the other hand I feel really good that I completed the workout. Thirty intervals in all! My foot is killing me though. It's the foot that's been bothering. I've been avoiding high impact workouts and my podiatrist gave me new orthotics, so my foot has started feeling a little better, so I went ahead and did CCC which is high impact and now I'm paying for it. It still hurts and that was Sunday, so I guess I'll be avoiding high impact still. Yesterday I did B&G. It's so weird, I didn't really feel it in my glutes that much during the workout, but my quads were fried, and this morning I have DOMS in my glutes and NOTHING in my quads. I thought my quads were going to be majorly sore today. I don't understand how that works sometimes. Maybe I need to do STS like you Lisa, it sounds like you got a good workout!

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning everyone!

I just have to say that I'm proud of myself today. Last night I decided I was going to buy my favorite breakfast at work today, sausage, egg and cheese on a croissant, plus hashbrowns, plus a coke (obviously very fattening), but this morning I packed my cereal like a good girl and am eating that instead. Boy do I want that other breakfast though!

Liberty, I saw your post about going on another date. Sounds fun, good luck!

Lisa, you're right we are split between the 2 threads this week! I hope everyone is finding this one.

Well time to actually do some work at work!

I found the New Thread, Thanks Amy!

Hi All,

Like MC, I'm a Marylander (just west of Baltimore). I just spent an hour shoveling with my husband. We'll have to shovel about an hour more to get out of our driveway. The street isn't plowed, yet. Being off from work all week (university is closed) has given me the chance to catch up on my workouts! ...and my scale says I've lost 1.5 pounds so far this week :D.

Have fun on your date Liberty! Let us know how it goes!

I'll check in with y'all Saturday.

Lori

Funny, I thought I would check this during a little break at work! Good job Amy in sticking to your healthy breakfast. I think it's good to allow a little treat every now and then but consistency is so important to seeing results. Great job in being consistent.

I was not so consistent this morning! I somehow slept right through my alarm so I missed my workout this morning. I'll do something this evening. I am thinking about trying BodyMax 2. I bought it but not tried it yet. Yesterday I did well though, I did STS Disc 5 in the am (Triceps and back) and then I did KPC (minue the abs portion) in the evening. I got a great sweat going and I really enjoyed both workouts.

I hope everyone is digging out of the snow today! Have a good day :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.