NON-CHECK-IN....end of Feb.

Stacy, Donna

Not necessarily checkin' in either:rolleyes: that's funny, then again, I did LIS yesterday, with one set of risers, when I did the whole beginner rotation, I didn't use any, it was that challenging in the beginning, got my heart rate up yesterday, but I'll be doing Body Fusion without I think, for an apples to apples comparison from last year ( I only started keeping track of calories burned towards the end of last year ) hamstrings don't bother me now!

I think like you guys, I'll have to look at tracking my "other calories" too for a while.:)

Linda

Good job on the workout. I'm sitting here waiting for the cable guy....you know, he'll be here btwn 8 and noon and it's 11:30 and he's not here yet. I to think I postponed my workout til after he left. I shouldve known!

I did Low Impact Circuit today. The shoulder section fried me, more than usual. I'm still tossing around what workouts to do. I'm leaning towards a month of "calorie burning" workouts such as circuits and adding in extra arm work such as Squeeze Stronger. I've been hearing alot about how this one is good for arm definition over at the Ya Ya website. I also have some Patrick Goudeau circuit workouts I should dust off as well as some Jillians. I think first and foremost is getting my eating under better control though!

Hey Stacy

talk about it, really, how many times a week can you eat pizza? (boyfriend says everyday!) weird though, hadn't lost any weight all month, today, down one lb., pizza & all. I did LIC, thought I better review the cardio premix, I was only doing the total body premix last month. Just learning it on the floor, It will be fine for my rotation in March, saw a good page about setting goals, and working towards them.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/lose_wt/behavior.htm

Is squeeze stronger a Firm workout? I just have the one, compilation of 4 workouts. Patrick's step looks like fun on TV.

Linda

Hi. Squeeze Stronger is a workout by Tracy Effinger. She has a few other workouts too. It's basically high rep low weight work. I have her Squeeze, Squeeze Stronger, and Lower Body Squeeze workouts, though I dont do any of them too often, but don't really know why. As for Patrick, I have only 2 of his workouts....Hard Work Conditioning II and HWC 24/7. They're more athletic whereas from the previews I've watched his other step/cardio work is more dancey which I am not a big fan of.

I think tomorrow I"m going to walk/jog on the treadmill and do the upper body and abs premix from Squeeze Stronger just to check it out. Ive had this workout for almost 2 years and have only done it once!

Stacy, Donna

Just stretching today, had three good cardio days in a row, this week will also likely be mostly cardio. Laundry intervals & Canine Cardio "Lite" later today. I guess I haven't been working out long enough to know what style I like best, yet, most of the time I just happy I'm doing something.

I probably lean towards lighter weights, more reps.
Hey Donna, what for pilates & yoga do you do?

Linda

Ever wonder why you seem to have every workout dvd and diet book known to mankind, yet you're still fat?? Sigh.

Hey - I am here! I have had guests over this weekend and am now catching up on EMails, etc. I will check this new thread out - post the new rotation - etc. and get back with you ASAP.

Missed talking with you.

Donna

Stacy - did you read my mind about working hard and still fat? I have been trying so hard since October and especially since January with eating habits - but, my weight loss graph looks like hills going up and down. Not alot of descending going on. I really fought getting tired and down the last couple of days - but, I can't give up. I know from my other measurements that I am succeeding - the weight loss will have to just catch up with me :eek:

Had a great weekend with my dad - he came up to visit us since we could not visit over Christmas. Made alot of meals using the Traditional Foods website - but, did not track calories. And, was not able to do any workouts since Friday. So - getting back on track today. Gotta remember it is a lifestyle change that will work - so, special weekend visits must part of "the mix."

For the next month - I will be incorporating Cathe's Intermediate Week 2 - Biking/Walking (enjoy the pre-Spring weather) - some lower body toning focus - some T-Tapp and TurboJam for fun - and, I have got to break the 190's. My goal is to be 180 by 5/11 (my husband's birthday). So - I have got to put some focus there.

Any advice on lower body workouts - let me know. I love Pyramid Lower Body - the ball portion just kills me.

Glad to see you doing LIC - I really like that DVD - but, it still is hard for me right now. Don't believe I am ready to move up to another circuit just yet.

That's it! See you tomorrow!
Donna

Hey, sorry for the pity party. I had lost 4-5 lbs last month and gained it ALL back with one week of bad eating! Don't know why I always sabotage myself. Today I'm back on track give or take. I stayed within a good calorie range, though not all were healthy cals. I started to do a treadmill workout but my knees and ankles were achy so I just decided to postpone my workout until tomorrow.

Donna....what type of lower body workouts are you looking for? Do you have knee issues? Do you prefer standing or floor work?? My favorite, more knee-friendly, lower body workouts are the floor work/stability ball work from Cathe's Gym Style Legs, Margaret Richard's Home Improvement workout and the floor work from Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout.

Hi Linda!

Donna, Stacy

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

A little story
Long before I started Cathe workouts, I bought a set of 3 lb. dumbells, I had seen Campbell Brown on the morning show, doing this exercise called "stoppin' traffic" the fitness pro with her said something like "that's going to give you great arms!" , those dumbells sat for a long time before I found out how to use them...I must have looked at them everyday.

I gave my full length floor mirror a tilt, & thought that's what I'd look like if I lost 20 pounds, everyday, day after day, looking in that mirror, it started to sink in, "is that the kind of person who exercises everday? bet she eats right too, and gets fresh stuff from the market...etc."

Silly, I know, but some 8 months later, 18 pounds lighter, I still look in that mirror, improving, allowing myself to fail, picking myself back up, shaking the dust off my feet, moving on.

Stayed tuned, I think one of my longer term goals is "The road to 4 DS"
I keep adjusting my goals on my Cathe calendar each month, that's a boon each week, and occaisionally, a new video "reward!"

:D Linda

Last edited:
Hey!

Just finished Body Fusion, CoreMax, T-Tapp, and Total Body Stretch. It was a great workout.

I really felt "Lead Legged" last week and after a few days off of exercise - I have realized that I really was "muscle fatigued" from moving into Intermediate. I did not really know what that felt like - but, after the workout today - I realize that that was the problem. For a person who has not exercised to that level - it is going to be alot of trial and error because I just don't know what certain levels/plateaus feel like and what to do about them.

Like Linda said - "I still look in that mirror, improving, allowing myself to fail, picking myself back, shaking the dust off my feet, moving on."

I think for Week 5 on the Rotation Thread - I am going to recommend rest, fun DVDs, and CATHE review DVDs. Some people might not need that - but some might! :eek:

Stacy - I am probably going to need floor work - I will look at your recommendations tonight. My birthday is Friday (44yo) - so, I might be able to get a new DVD :D

By the way - what are both of your weight goals? In terms of weight loss? I need to achieve about 30 pounds first - then reassess - my BMI weight (though I don't take too much to that number) is 135. So, we will see.

Hope all is well with you...

Donna

Last edited:
Hey!...

I think for Week 5 on the Rotation Thread - I am going to recommend rest, fun DVDs, and CATHE review DVDs. Some people might not need that - but some might! :eek:
Donna

Good idea Donna, I think I've had a touch of the flu, over the last couple days, not enough to really be sick, just enough to say take a break. I saw you wrote about doing the ball stuff in PLB, wow, that's advanced, I still use the step for that.

about weight, my goal has mostly been about the physical fitness part, my friend & her husband started riding their bicycles last summer, I casually asked "how far do you go?" she said 10 miles, I was so embarassed, I knew at that very moment I couldn't go around the block. She didn't believe me but it was true. They both had more weight to lose, but were much more active & physically fit than me, I was scary unfit. I feel like I'm getting that back. Small steps for me. Fortunately, with all the premixes, & reviews, you can make things a little more intermediate, or beginner if needed.

that's why I used the beginner rotation format for my next one, and I have an idea to do that again, after, for an Intermediate/intermediate, rotation. Just stepping up either in workout length, complexity, OR intensity, for some parts with some breaks & recovery in between. Glad you said it!
Have a great birthday!

Hi Stacy!

Linda
"One, Two, Three, One, Two, Three, Up, Up, Lunge..." great music, LIC

Last edited:
Skipped yesterday, still feeling flu-like, I'll probably get it together later for a walk & core today. Fridge failed yesterday, to fix or not to fix that is the question....

Linda

Well - today I am 44 years old. :p

This is going to be a great year. I am getting so much stronger and finally taking care of myself. Looking forward to a great year.

BTW - finished Low Impact Circuit all the way through last night. Really like that program. Taking this week of lighter/fun workouts is working - I felt really strong last night.

Hope all is well with you both.

Donna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.