New Runners March 2010

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Its March, change your calendars! I started with a jog/hike and then did 1/2 hour of yoga with (can you believe it?) Geri Hallewell aka Spice Girl and her instructor. Its a little like a slumber party atmosphere but not bad.

I promise to catch up on the personals.

Hi everybody!!!!

Hi Everyone,

This is what is on tap for tonight. I have done this workout a couple of times and it hurts. Those walking lunges are brutal!!!

6 Rounds - (subtract 6 reps each round...36, 30, 24, 18, 12, 6)

Walking lunges (36 each leg)
KB Swings
Anchored Sit ups w/weight
Mt. Climbers
Squats

Tricia ~ I hate running in the cold. I'm so used to running in the heat. I hate having to figure out what to wear because no matter what I do I'm still too hot at the end of the run but I don't want to dress too light either. Plus my nose drips the whole time. :confused:

Cindi ~ I loved reading about your kids and working out. That's wonderful they are getting a good start. I hope your heel starts feeling better soon. It's great that you can still run.

Hi to Lisa and Alisha! Happy March!!!

Hey ladies and March. I'm either going to go do CC on the elliptical or outside. Haven't decided which yet but its cold out there!

Jane ~ I know what you mean. Running in the cold bothers my nose and throat and my nose runs and then I wind up spitting a lot - charming right? It's not such a big deal if I'm running alone until I realize that I just spat on the dog... Yuck for both of us.

Hi Alisha, Cindi and Tricia!

Lisa

Hi Ladies!

Cindi - Fantastic that you've got your kids heading in the right direction early! I wish more parents would do that, not just with fitness, but with nutrition, television, etc. It's still early, so I hope you start getting some relief for your heel in the next few days!

Alisha - That sounds like a fun yoga workout!

Jane - I hate walking lunges too! I usually end up warm, but not too warm at the end of my run. I sweat, but don't get overheated. My nose runs too so I carry at least one tissue in my pocket just in case!

Lisa - All I can say is ewwww to the spitting on the dog! LOL! I love me some CC! Hope you have a good workout!

Counting down easily now that March has hit! It's still going to be a while before we warm up significantly up here, but at least it's on its way! Yay!

Hello to all our lurkers! Hope some newbies start popping in once the weather warms and more people start running or running again.

Hi ladies! Last night was a chalean extreme workout - get lean intervals. I really like this type of workout (high rep weights mixed with cardio).

Running today. PT over lunch time.

Hi Runner Gals!

I'm taking an off day today. I'm going out to dinner for a friend's birthday tonight.

Lisa ~ Poor doggie - LOL!!!

Cindi ~ Have a good run today!

Tricia ~ I survived the walking lunges. I'm not feeling anything yet but I know by this afternoon my legs will be screaming. I usually don't mind walking lunges but that workout has tons! I usually get good results when I do them consistently.

Hi Alisha and any lurkers out there!

Is anyone doing any races this year (Besides Cindi's Marathon)?

I'm signed up for 2 right now - both in March - a 5K and 10K. I'm planning to sign up for a 2-5Ks and a 10K in April and 2-5Ks and a 8K in May.

Hi ladies!

Well, we're looking at snow for tomorrow! We had temps at 50 today AND we saw the sun! Woo-Hoo!!!

Cindi - Sounds good! It works a lot better when you enjoy what you're doing, doesn't it?

Jane - No races scheduled yet. Haven't been able to get my DH's school schedule together with race schedules as yet! Still looking! I used to love doing legs! Now, I just hate it! I think it has something to do with those darn paper plates! LOL! I've never worked my legs so hard, not even when I was at a gym and squatting at 100 lbs.! Enjoy your dinner out!

I want to wave hello to all our other runners out there lurking around! Daylight savings time is around the corner and I'll be able to get out there more often than just on the weekends! Hope to "see" all of you on the trail/road/path/treadmill!

Hi ladies! Ran 5.5 miles yesterday and went to Zumba class. No other news to report really. Heel still hurts - PT continues...

Hi Everyone!

I'm going for a 4 mile run tonight. The sun is shining today! :):)

Tricia ~ I hope you don't get too much snow today. Here it's sunny but in the 50's. Still too cold for me. It should be in the 70's down here.

Waving hello to Cindi, Lisa and Alisha!!

Hi ladies,
I did Providence last night and went to the gym this morning with the intention of doing CC V4 on the elliptical. However, my boss called half-way through and needed me to cover his classes so I only got through challenges 1 and 2 for a total of 30 minutes. I may go back tonight and do another short round of cardio.

I'm feeling a little stressed today so I'll do personals later. Waves hi to all and hope everyone enjoys their runs/workouts.

Lisa

Hi Jane! No accumulation so far (yay!), and they're only calling for a dusting later this evening, so all in all, not too bad. Looking forward to sunshine on Friday! Woo-Hoo!

Good Morning

Today is Step Fit, I think. I will know when the dvd player is going I guess lol. I'm fighting a cold that I caught from my brother who caught it from my Dad. I guess if you live together you're going to get sick together. But, that said I'm staying on target with my eats and workouts. I had a minor diet infraction yesterday with some gluten free brownies but I won the battle this morning. I have made some kind of progress. Normally, when I go on this particular business trip I gain like 4-10 pounds this last time it was only .4 pounds. Awesome! Happy dance. Now I do know I had been smaller before I went but thats 9.6 pounds I don't have to re-lose.

I will do personals later when my eyes stop watering.

Hi everybody, I hope the workouts are good and the eats are not too tempting!

Hi ladies!

Lisa - hope you are destressed today!
Alisha - sorry you have a cold, but what great news on the lack of weight gain on your business trip! good for you!
Tricia - we have sunshine and 40 here - great for Chicago.

Hi to Jane and any lurkers!

Ran last night - 20 minutes easy run, then 10x100 strides, then 4x(2k med, 500m walk).

Alisha - That's great! I call that progress!

Cindi - Another good workout for you! I would say that weather report does sound good for Chicago! Hopefully, we'll finally see the sun for more than 5 seconds tomorrow! It's flurrying here and chilly today, but we're supposed to hit the low 50s over the weekend!

Well, progress report on my arm. I'm halfway through my rest week and the 10 days my doc wanted me to not do weights (worked out well!) and there's still discomfort at times, but it doesn't hurt all the time. I do notice more pain when I use my arms in certain moves during cardio, but it's still nowhere near as bad. The true test will be next week when I start STS Meso 3. If it gets bad again, it's going to mean another trip to the doctor and a a sonogram or ultrasound. I don't even remember which one she said they'd do. They're about the same aren't they? (rhetorical question there).

Everyone have a great afternoon and great workouts if you haven't done them yet!

On tap tonight is Cardio Kicks! Heee-Yah!

Change of plans

I am not doing any step, I just feel too ill. Everything hurts, muscles, joints, even my pudge hurts (you know that fat around the middle thats not very attractive:p) I did yoga with Kathy Smith instead. I plan to go for a hike tomorrow morning because its supposed to be sunny.

Hi Everyone!

I didn't post yesterday but this is the workout I did:

Do intervals of 35 seconds work/15 seconds of rest for 4 rounds circuit system. Take a 1:00 rest between rounds.

Mr. Spectacular
Driveway Runs
Bicep Curls/Hammers alternating each round
Box Jumps
Push ups
Kettlebell Ax Chops

Tonight will be a 3 mile run.

Tricia ~ I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your arm will be fine next week!

Alisha ~ I hope you're feeling better today! Enjoy your hike!

Lisa ~ I hope things are better for you today.

Hi Cindi!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!

Hi ladies!
Thanks for the emotional support. I think I'm in the process of making some life changing decisions and its just emotionally taxing. If you add in a little frustration - like covering 4 classes without any preplanning - it pushes me over my already admittedly thin edge. :D

Anyway, today is the first day of my spring break so last night I drove down to Hatteras. On tap for today is a nice run - its so flat and, relatively speaking warm, here! - and a horseback ride (just for fun). And the sun is shining here which makes such a difference in my mood.

Jane ~ Sounds like an awesome workout as usual. What is a Mr. Spectacular? I finally caved and bought BBL (despite the name!!). Next month I'm going to get my Gym Boss and Gym Style Back and Bis. I'm trying to stay on budget better. Last month I got my new running shoes.

Alisha ~ I'm sorry you're not feeling good. Hope you feel better soon!

Tricia ~ How was Cardio Kicks? Sounds totally impossible to me. :)

Cindi ~ Man, everytime I read your workouts I wish I was a real runner! But then I remember that I'm just not that motivated. Great workout! :D

Lisa

H

Jane ~ Sounds like an awesome workout as usual. What is a Mr. Spectacular? I finally caved and bought BBL (despite the name!!). Next month I'm going to get my Gym Boss and Gym Style Back and Bis. I'm trying to stay on budget better. Last month I got my new running shoes.

Lisa~

Here is a clip of Mr. Spectacular. This is one of my favorite exerices. Works the entire body and gives you a nice cardio burn!! You can do it with dumbbells too!

http://www.mtnathlete.com/subpage_details.php?subpage_ID=108&page_ID=14

Enjoy your spring break!! You are going to love the Gymboss and GS BSB!!

Hi Ladies! I was going to rest yesterday but the kids wanted to go to open gym badminton so I ran the track for an hour while they played. I may do some weights/yoga today then rest tomorrow for sure - busy day. Sunday I'm planning for at 2 1/2 run at least.

Lisa - you made me laugh! I often don't think of myself as a real runner, but I guess when you look at the mileage I'm putting in, I qualify. I never did sports as a kid so I have a mental block I think. :) Enjoy that sunshine. We have had 3 days in a row of sun and it makes a huge difference! A run in the sun and horseback ride sounds wonderful!

Jane - Hi. I want to know who Mr. Spectacular is too. ;) I was running the other day at the gym and some guy was doing these really intense sprints on the airdyne bike and then walking around like he was Mr. Spectacular. LOL.

Alisha - sorry you are feeling ill. Hope you get out int he sun today.

Tricia - good news on the arm - sounds like it is getting better. Keeping my fingers crossed! I thought sonograms and ultrasounds were the same thing (??).

I'm working from home today - watching the coyote make his morning rounds. Enjoy your day everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.