::::Melters! It's Thursday!::::

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Well we survived another holiday! I was up 1/2 lb yesterday from the last time I weighed in. Considering I was off work for 11 days, eating out a lot, with all the cookies and candy around, I don;t feel too bad about it. However it is time to buckle down and get back into the swing of things. I did a 30 min I-Tread this morning. I am going to add more cardio this week and see what happens with the weight. I am doing an upper/lower split using 4DS Kickbox, Legs & core for the lower and this week I did the Pyramid upper body workout. I am also doing 2 circuit workouts, and filling in the rest with I-Treads.

Shannon:
Maybe you should try heavy weights with just HIIT cardio 3 times a week to shock your set point?

Shelley:
I love boxing day! We used to get it off too when the company I work for was family owned and he let us have all the Canadian holidays off too...even that August civic day:7 . A 6 mile run! Cudos to you girl!

B:
I think a lot of our weight issues have to be water retention due to all the "stuff" we have been consuming that probably has more salt than we are used to? Anyway I like that explanation and I am going to use it! LOL :7 . I have a lot of DB's to use in the pyramids, it's just having them right there where you need them to grab.

Robin:
I was getting the new series from DH for my gift, then I got an e-mail from Zappos that said some shoes I was waiting for were now available in my size so I just ordered them and DH is getting those for me. I will get the new series regardless! It will be my Valentines gift to me from me! I think you should see the Dr for your knee.

Lainie:
The new barbell set you got will be so nice! You still may have to pause the DVD for a moment, but not like with the old sets.. I have a couple of the older ones and they were a pain. I love the Troy set. Go to the DR NOW! We are all worried about you.

Tneah:
Sounds like you had a nice holiday... I too have a small board and the regular size step, and it doesn't matter which one I use because I just have a hard time with Cathe's choreography.. I hope your "weepies" are over soon.

Judy:
OMG..that sounds awful! I hope you feel better today.

Michele:
"Toxic & Rotund"! we could start a new check in thread! I think we are all feeling like that right now..LOL

TK"
Don't you just love family? You can never make everyone happy no matter what you do. Do you crochet? I am stuck in a part with the tea cosy, that I don;t get and need assistance. If you do, I can pm you.

Leanne:
Not you too? another sick person..hope you are feeling better today.Your BIL's diet sounds like my DH's. DEADLY!}(

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Good morning, Melters!

We're already on the downhill slide to the weekend! I can handle this kind of a work week. I had my final piece of fudge last night. Dear Mom still has half a pan of the stuff, plus other goodies, but I am officially done with it - except for the one dessert a week that I usually allow myself. It's back to clean eating. I'm toying around with some eating changes, but I'm not sure how I want to handle them.

Deb - I can't do HIIT right now, since my calf is still healing. All that fast, intense stuff puts too much strain on it. Once it's completely healed, I might consider some "shock" treatment, but I'm really not too worried about my set point right now.

Hi to everyone else... I'll try to stop by later for more personals as you all check in.

Hello melty ones!

Well, yesteday was lovely at my sister's, as usual, but I ate so much I was actually in pain last night. How ridiculous is that? Today is a new day though, and I plan to avoid the junk and try to eat lots of fruit and veggies all day!

And Aunt Flo decided to arrive in the middle of the night, FIVE DAYS EARLY x( Today will be a rest day, although I'll be cleaning up my pigsty of a house and putting all the gifts away because I can't stand looking at it anymore.

Deb - half a pound is nothing and I bet it will be gone in no time!

Shannon - did you savour that last piece of fudge?

Okay, I have to go wake up the sleeping beast (Sophie) but I'll bbl for more personals!

Hi melters. I'm just checking in quickly to say I'm going to see an orthopedic doctor tomorrow about my knee. It still aches and I'm really afraid of doing more damage if I work out on it. Since I'm not doing any cardio (which I love), I can't get motivated to do any weight work (which I tolerate.) So I'll see what he tells me and go from there. Have a wonderful melty day all.

Morning All!:7 Only four more days until the New Year! I am so happy about that....It makes it easier to get back on track for most of us I think. A new year, a new start, etc...

Robin, good! Glad you are not messing around with your knee. Hope the doc has good news for you.If it was my knee I would ask for an MRI to make sure his diagnosis was correct. Your knees are so "touchy".:) Good luck to you. I need a chiropractor for my stupid lower back, its "almost out" boy, we are a mess huh?

Shelley, glad you had a great time with your family, have fun cleaning today:p Auntie Flo isn't here til the first of the month (unless she surprises me too), so just dealing with the buddha belly and the big breast thing right now.Ugh.
x(

Deb, You always get so much done so early, wow whatta woman.:) I too, am a horrid stepper, but something sorta "clicked" when I started using the bigger board, and I am able to plow my way through some of the step workouts I could never do before, its weird.

Shannon, glad to hear you are back on track with the eating and are on the mend. Boy, those injuries take forever to heal don't they?

Okay, I was taking a rest day yesterday, but still did the Squeeze workout last night, I am so used to working out, I get these little energy surges during that time of day when I usually workout--unless I am dog tired, so I did that one. I noticed I am stronger with more muscle endurance! Usually I am dying from pain during her arm segments, but powered through. So my experience with 4DS was a good one right? Very cool. Still not sure what the new rotation will be....just having fun fooling around with workouts I usually don't do right now. Hi, to everyone that follows!

:7

Hi everyone. DH and I realized today that we haven't left the house in 2 or 3 days. We do plan to walk to the library before lunch, though.

I'm still sniffly, but not coughing as much and my throat is not sore, so I'm hoping I'm improving. I'm not going to the doctor yet because it feels like just a cold. If I had a fever or my throat was still sore, I'd go, but I think if I went now they would just say it's a cold. I didn't take any meds last night and I slept o.k. so I'm hoping I'll be less tired today and can finally get a workout again. I'm anxious to try out my new Ryka shoes.

As for my weight, I haven't even touched the scale in several days--not looking forward to seeing my new year weight....

Deb, I'm ready to buckle down again, too. Sounds like you have a good workout rotation organized for yourself. I don't have anything formally planned until next week when I think I'll start a 4DS rotation.

Shannon, you're strong if you can resist fudge! One nice thing about not seeing extended family this Christmas is the only bad food is what I made myself (and the only dessert I made was pumpkin pie, plus I bought some Oreos--oops).

Shelley, sorry about Aunt Flo's terrible timing! At least you can get most of that out of the way before New Year's, I hope.

Robin, good luck with your knee. I've been wondering about my knees because of how crackly they are, but they don't hurt so I guess I shouldn't worry. I hope you get good news from the orthopedic surgeon!

Tneah, saw your comment on the pic on Ask Cathe--and yes, Ewan is definitely trouble. Congrats on the bigger step. I originally bought the smaller step but as soon as I took it out of the box, I decided to return it and exchange it for the bigger one.

Judy, hope your body is feeling better today!

Michele, same to you--hope your head is better.

TK, your DH definitely have some troublesome cousins. I wish I could see more family this time of year, but then I'm reminded that it's not all good!

Leanne, I was taking some Osteo Bi-Flex for my joints (which I think has glucosamine among other things) but I ran out and haven't replaced it yet--I do think it might have helped my ankle healing. I also think the Bosu was really great for strengthening my ankle.

OK, hello to everyone who follows. Gotta go dress the boys so we can walk to the library soon.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hi everyone!

Tomorrow is my weekly weigh-in day, but I'm so tempted to skip it this week! Ah, well! I may as well bite the bullet and do it. I'm still feeling crummy this morning, but will probably attempt Rhythmic Step just because I need to get back on track with working out.

Deb -- You've already gotten so much done this morning! Way to go! I'm sure that 1/2 pound will be gone in no time!

Lainie -- I still think you need to do to the Dr.! This cold is dragging on way too long! I'll also send you an email with my workout rotation. Have fun at the library!

Michele -- Are you feeling better today?

Tneah -- Isn't that Squeeze workout a killer?! I haven't used it long-term, but every time I do it, I always feel it for days afterwards. And, of course, no worries about the Tosca Reno book! :) Like you said in that other post, her book is really basic, but I still find it motivating to read.

Shelley -- Glad you had a good time with your family!

TK -- I'm so sorry to hear about all that mess with your cousins! I think you're right to just stay at home next year and not try to be everywhere. And you should definitely NOT cancel your plans next weekend to go to their party. How frustrating!

Robin -- Keep us posted on how things go at the orthopedist tomorrow. Sending positive thoughts your way!:)

Shannon -- How is your cardio going? Are you still using the elliptical with the 4DS?

Judy -- Is your stomach feeling better? Hope so!

B -- When exactly do you leave on your trip? Hope you have a great time!

Hope you all have a "melty" day!

Hello Melters. Today was Christi Taylor Solid Gold Step. Tonight I will do GS BSB to make up the weight work I missed yesterday. With a day of clean eating behind me I feel almost 100% again. New Year's Eve will be another eat fest but I think I'll pass on the sweets. Overdoing the sweets is probably what makes me feel so crappy afterward. Yesterday I felt like I was in a fog all day. I don't know how people survive on crappy food all the time.

Update on DH's cousins at that Christmas get-together: DH was talking to his brother and SIL yesterday. They feel the same way as me. Since that's the case, maybe it won't that hard for me back away from the party next year.

Deb: Sorry, I'm not a good crocheter. I'm fairly good at knitting and have only crocheted when a knitting pattern calls for it for finishing edges. I always have to have the little diagram in front of me to remember how! One day I'd like to crochet an afghan, but that's probably 10 projects or more down the line LOL.

Shannon: Umm fudge! That's one (probably the only) sweet I didn't have on Christmas. What kind of eating changes were you planning for the new year?

Shelley: Eating too much is like drinking too much. When I'm feeling yucky from overindulging I keep telling myself I'll never ever do it again but I do anyway. Why do we do this to ourselves?

Robin: I'm glad you're having your knee looked at again. Even if he/she tells you to just rest it it's better than running the risk of injuring it more.

Tneah: I agree with you with the strength gains from 4DS. I saw them too. Do you usually do Cathe's monthly rotations? I've only done a few of them. Most notably, the one from Jan 2006. You gotta look at at that one if you like cardio. That one was a killer LOL

Lainie: Glad you're feeling a little better. Did you get Ryka shoes for Christmas? Oh, and what was from the Apple store anyway?

Leanne: Did you ever do your Christi Taylor DVD? If you did, what did you think? This morning's DVD is one where she gets singing along with the music. That always cracks me up when she does that. She's releasing another video sometime soon but I'm not going to preorder. The last one wasn't such a deal, not like Cathe's pre-orders. After a year or less you can pick up Christi's stuff at a pretty big discount. Cathe's stuff rarely goes on sale, though.

Hi TK (aka Jane):)

I have only done the November rotation, the others did not appeal for some reason, I love lifting heavy-I feel so worked out afterwards, and even though I love cardio, the 30 minute segments were just enough...on some days, I did some gentle walking in the evening though. I am used to doing "splits", cardio in the AM, weights, PM, so I get this energy surge every evening around 5PM!:) Walking worked out great, I didn't push it, just watched TV and did my thing for 30 mintues.

I am going to take a look at the new rotation and see how it goes, otherwise I think I will either bite the bullet and do the Slim Series for 4 weeks plus extra cardio, or the Gym Styles and cardio...not sure yet. I just hate the Slim Series, that gal bugs the crap outta me, I wish Cathe would do a series like that though, really light weights, nonstop work for 60 minutes...I would at least do it!:)

Anyway, good to see you worked out the relative thing. I have sisters I have not spoken to in years. Why? I love them, but do not like them. Plus they live far enough away so no one feels guilty about not seeing each other. My family is made up of those people who I love to be around, and love me too!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.