May 09 Check in Weekend 30th-31rst

Kathy36

Cathlete
Happy Weekend ladies...

Getting us started this weekend...We have ball games today and choir practice and mass tonight...

Workout wise I did a 10 minute solution with Amy Bento yesterday the Hot Body Bootcamp. I did all 5 segments..It was my first time with that workout...I liked it..The cardio portion and cardio drill sections were good and I was huffing and puffing with it. Anyone have that one? Today I am going to tackle Cardio & Weights. That is after I vacuum and throw a load of laundry in the washer. Oh that housework is never done!!!

Be back later..

Hey Kathy & everyone !!

Plans changed this morning. Zach's baseball practice was canceled (for no apparent reason), so instead of having to do my workout as early as possible (a run), I did it mid morning and did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2.

Weird thing is, I was in an ok mood this morning, and now I'm in a crappy mood (post workout). It's freakin sunny and gorgeous out FINALLY, and I have to clean and cook and prep for a weekend of work. Bums me out...

Oh well...

Beth: I did read your post from last night. How was that movie? I heard it was good. I have a hard time resisting chocolate and mostly popcorn at the movies too. Seems like you just "gotta" when you're there! Oh I understand about your husband and SIL's relationship. My DH has a very weird relationship with one of his sister's too. And oddly enough, it was after their father died too.

Kathy: can't say I've ever even done Amy Bento. I have a hard time getting into someone new. But it sounds like you had a good workout!! Enjoy C&W today.. "buttercup"!!! :eek:

Hi All!! I did ccpp this morning -- no extra challenge for me -- those people are crazy! It did feel like it was kind of hard on my body this morning, and I was really struggling to stretch afterward and said "maybe I'm getting too old for this" and Travis said "no! Keep working out -- it keeps you healthy and you'll live longer." That's right, kiddo! I wonder if someday he'll realize I'm doing it for them (in part).

Kathy, is that an older Amy Bento? If so, I think I did it once from netflix and liked it. I should try it again -- sounds fun.

Chris, sorry you're in a funk! Oh, the movie (night at the museum 2 for those who missed the late post last night) was good -- it made me want to take the kids to D.C.

Joanne, I thought about you and your 5ks when I was running -- when you did the race did you wear an ipod or hrm? I usually don't, but I'm always tempted. The other thing is that I'm always holding back because I want to make sure I can finish -- well, that's ridiculous because of course I can finish, so now I feel like I really don't know how to pace myself for a race. I wonder if there's a way to basically plot it out based on my hr/effort so that I'd get a better time. I feel like I'm in better shape than I've ever been in, and I ought to be able to get a better time, you know?!

Not much on tap today -- laundry, cleaning, of course. Travis has a basketball clinic this afternoon. Tomorrow we are all going to the maker fair, which should be fun!

Hello to Hottie and Vilma! Hope everyone has a great weekend -- Chris, I hope work is enjoyable!

-Beth

Ok, done with C&W..I just love that workout...I was ok with Buttercup..LOL!!

Beth: It is not too old. I think it came out beginning of the year or something..I had gotten it originally off netflix too..Wow, hi 5 Travis for that encouragement!!

Chris: Hope you are able to get out of the crappy mood...I hate it when I snap at the kids for everything. Those are the days I need alone quiet time!! Hang in there..Hope work goes well tonight..

Ok, back to cleaning...

Hi everyone.

Kathy your day sounds busy today. Enjoy the games :)
Nope housework is never done :confused:

Chris how is TJ Cardio Part 2 compared to the 1st one? I really enjoyed Cardio Party yesterday it was fun.

Sorry you are finding yourself in a crappy mood. I hope your day gets better.

Beth count me in as one of the crazy people who add on the extra challenge to CCPP :p - I'll be doing it tomorrow as I had weights today.

DD & I saw that movie last weekend and it was cute. I loved the moving artwork ;)

I ordered CLX yesterday so hopefully I'll have it soon :)
If it comes in before Thursday I'll continue on with the Lean for Life phase.

Today was Lean Circuit 2 week 4 wowie it was good.

Okay off I go as I want to finish up all my work here once I'm done with making dinner then I want to Chillax for the rest of the day :)

picture.php

I took it this time! I took my "cancel", learned my lesson from last week, giving it up, and having such a hard night and weekend....

There's a SMALL chance I might have to go in at 11p , but probably not!!

Vilma:
Cardio Party 2 is fun too, the music is a blast , I just start kicking and punching and jamming to it, and hardly notice I'm sweating like crazy!!

Vilma, I was pretty sure you were one of those crazies! :D

Chris, whooo-hoooo on the cancel! Hope you can enjoy it.

Hey, did you guys see? Sounds like Insanity will release June 12.

-Beth

Good morning ladies...

I planned a rest day today. Then I can start Cathe's rotation tomorrow on June 1rst..Hope it is a good one and she posts it early so I can decide what to do..

Have a great Sunday!!

Well, I should have looked at the rotations forum before posting. Cathe posted the June rotation using STS discs. I have to decide today what I am going to do. I may find an older rotation with a fat blasting focus...What are you all doing?

Hey Girls!

I'm here on a Sunday.. so nice! Though it is a rest day for me from workouts. It's going to be so relaxing just to chill on a Sunday and not worry about sitters or workouts . DH is going to take all the boys to Zach's baseball game this afternoon, and I'll be home, alone, to nap and do what I want! ..Just ONE night to work, and then the week is here! Sweet!

I glanced at Cathe's June Rotation. Wow. Doesn't look like what I want right now, it still has a LOT more weight work vs. cardio. And I'm actually having some positive results with the Circuit Rotation I started. I'm going to continue with this circuit stuff right now. It's funny, all I ever read on the forums is how "heavy weight work and muscle building and 3-day splits" is the way to go for losing weight. And I've been doing that very thing for at least the last year. And the scale has not budged in the least (in the down direction, that is). And then I start this circuit rotation, and the scale MOVED DOWN and I FEEL leaner/thinner, if that makes sense.

Fitness Freak's new "Get Ready for Summer 09" Rotation actually looks good! I might either switch over to that or do it next!

Beth: Thanks for the Insanity update... does it give prices and details as to how many workouts/discs?

Kathy: Let us know what you decide on rotations....

Chris: I am with you..I was thinking about it and I don't think I want to do Cathe's rotation right now. I would like to continue ciruits too...I will take a look at that rotation you mentioned and see. Otherwise, I may just keep putting together things myself with some other workouts I have like older FIRMs and Amy Bento..Stuff like that and of course throw in Cathe's stuff too..

Good morning girls!! I'm done with STS! Whoo-hooo! I'm really ready for a break, and excited to think about doing circuits, but I'm really going to enjoy no weights for a while! So interesting about the June rotation! I haven't looked at it yet, but I'm surprised she is using STS since she has just recently finished with her group doing it, right? Oh well! I'm really psyched about circuits -- Chris, so interesting about your results. I feel like I really had an aha! moment yesterday when I was filling the caloric deficit I made running. Remember how I said I'm always hungrier on cardio days? Well, I think my body is really good at regulating my calories and maintaining this weight. My weight really doesn't change much, and on cardio days, I burn more calories..... so, I eat more calories! Thus, I maintain. I guess this must be my happy weight -- I'd be happier a little lighter, but, at 47 years, I'm just not going to sweat it. Anyway, Chris, maybe you're able to lose when you do less weights because maybe your body doesn't feel as hungry that way.

Ok, on Insanity -- I had a pm from Joan (who's cathe login name I can get you if you want to order from her) saying pricing still hasn't been announced. She also told me about the June 12 date. That's all I know so far, but if I hear more, I'll let you know.

I've got stuff to do and then we're off to the Maker Fair. Should be fun .

B

Ugh I had a nice long post and it got eatten up. Grrrrrrrr:mad:

I hate when that happens ::crap::

Oh well I need to log off now and get stuff done.

picture.php

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.