May 08 Check in Tuesday 27th

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Tuesday Morning Everyone! :)

Today things should slowly go back to normal as I take the kids back to school this am. They are waking up slowly & groggy today. ;)

PS Legs & Abs for me today once I get back home.

So wake up sleepy heads and lets get moving! The sun is out shinning brightly and we have a new day to recommit to ourselves to our eating and workouts as we envision the body we know we can have :)

BBL :)

Good morning ladies!!

Vilma: I am up and it looks to be a beautiful day here. The weather reports shows rain for today. But, I hope it holds off until tonight. Both kids have ball tonight. Lauren has softball practice and Chris has a baseball game. So, they would be very dissapointed if they couldn't go..

Anyway, today's workout is a 50 minute run and stretch max #1..I may try and do that run...If not, I will sub a cardio workout for it.

Have a great day...

Oh and I am attempting to be a good eater today!!!

PS Legs & Abs are done.

I went higher on weights and wowza using my 10 1/2 # bar on the floor work bites, but its a good bite [font color=#C25A7C] * laughs insanely * [/font] I love feeling that :)

[font color=#4E8975]Kathy: [/font]

Here's hoping the rain does hold off until much later so your kids can go and play ball :)

Have a good run and eat clean as much as you can. I know for me its a struggle this week since I have the pms gremlin around. [font color=#C25A7C] * giggles* [/font]

We all have a choice of what we eat. So let's make the best choices we can make for ourselves. ;)

Well hubby just got home from work so I'm off to go on a walk with him soon.

Hi Vilma, Kathy! And everyone who pops in after me!...

Just got done with PS: Legs & abs. I also went heavier with the weights and felt it even more this time. I guess that's the secret. And probably why "they" say you can substitute S&H for these workouts too. Abs got pretty monotonous for me, but I got through.

Kathy: I also hope the rain holds off for you. We have similar weather forecast. Warm and sunny this morning, and then showers/thunderstorms coming through this afternoon. I'm jealous of your run! I'd love to go myself. But I think the rest of the week's weather will be better.

I'm with you guys on the eating clean issues. My ISSUE is the weekends. Work KILLS me, there's always "crap" there to eat. A patient's family bought us little sundae cups this weekend. ANd then someone bought an Ice Cream cake Sunday night AND a dozen donuts :9. Not getting enough sleep, feeling so tired, stressed from work, and food choices of these types don't make for eating nice for me. I think the only reason I lost 3 lbs this month was because of the weekend I threw up!! LOL! THAT's what it took to get me to stop eating junk! :eek:

Beth: I meant to tell you I enjoyed seeing your picture too! It is cool to be able to see who's on the other end of the computer screen..!! I think you did great this month, modifying for your injuries, but you did keep up with the rotation, give or take! Hope we can do this again next month...

Aimee: Thanks for explaining about June's rotation! I thought I missed something.. LOL! I have 3 boys (12, 8 and 6) and also gained a zillion pounds from each pregnancy. NEVER lost it after each either, even though I breastfed them all! I finally got my head together a year after my last son. The year after I was turning 40 and did NOT want to be "fat" and 40! SO I started Weight Watchers and then picked up with exercise about 3 months into it. And as a result, lost 95 lbs! :) I've gained about 5- 7 of those lost, and can maintain pretty easy, but struggle with losing them again. I keep trying though!

Okay... off to get myself some water and a snack!

Have a wonderful Tuesday! :D

~Chris

You ladies continue to impress and inspire me!! Vilma, I love the quote about choosing the right foods (you said it in a great way). I will think about that today and also think about all of you making healthy choices, and that will inspire me to do the same! We are healthy eaters and we don't eat the sweets -- ok?! :)

Chris, you need some down time -- going to get it?

I did B&G today -- since the kids don't have school, I slept a little later, and that always messes up my workouts! The more awake I am when I work out, the more my mind wanders to other things I have to do. So, I petered out some toward the end. Vilma, I tried to use your suggested rationalization that maybe the smoke was wiping me out, but I quickly realized that honestly I think I wasn't there mentally. But, it was still a good workout! I love B&G!

How long have you guys been following her rotations? And you're just never tempted to mix it up mid-month?

have a great day!

-Beth

Beth I just wanted to say that you are so pretty and your smile is lovely!

Believe me I have to motivate myself to make better food choices , reason why I don't have much snack foods or stuff in the house.

Granted the kids complain from time to time we have nothing to eat but then I tell the we have plenty to eat its just not the junk they want lol.

I rarely buy sodas and have at least 4 crates of bottled water here plus lots of apples and raw veggies.

They snack on ham and cheese sandwiches, carrot sticks, celery n peanut butter, etc or soup when they get home from school or microwave popcorn.

I can't have any type of baked goods or chocolate as those are big triggers for me, so I don't buy them for the house.

If I have a craving for a candy bar or something thats not clean like I did Saturday night I go buy it at the store, take a piece and then the kids finish off the rest. If it stays in the house it calls to me and then I'm in trouble lol

I've been following Cathe's rotations since 03 the same day I started on WW online program I started following Cathe's rotations then just winging which of her workouts I would do. I would always do the same workout without much change.

I got my 1st Cathe tape back in 1993 :+

Vilma,

thanks for your compliments.

I cannot keep sweets around either, but of course my kids want them sometimes, so I try to get stuff they like but I don't really.

I admire your discipline and success on cathe and ww!!!

I'm doing imax 3 tomorrow -- I don't have imax 2 -- I have cardio & weights with some easy step program that came with my step. Since imax 2 is bundled with c&w, it always seems a little silly for me to get it. I guess I could always trade or pass on my c & w. Have a good evening.....

-Beth

Hi ladies!!

I got my run in today. In order to get the 50 minutes in I had to split it up into 2 25 minute runs. Does that make a difference? I hope not. But, I had no choice today. I also did segment 1 of stretch max..

Have a great night..Tomorrow is the last day of the rotation for me..

Just checking in late today. I'm on the west coast so it's not really that late here. I did my quick 40 min treadmill workout this morning before work and managed to do GS back/shoulders/biceps last night after a packed day.

Kathy-how do you like stretch max? I have such terrible flexibility I really need to get a video and work at improving on a regular basis. I just need input on which video is good for stretching.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for stretch videos?

Chris-your story if amazing and very inspirational. Thanks for sharing. I breastfed both of my girls and didn't really notice any weight loss during my breastfeeding days either. Also, are you a nurse? Your work environment sounds a lot like mine. I'm a hospital pharmacist and I cannot go anywhere around the nurses without being bombarded with food. They're always having a potluck or donuts from patients or just candy for any occasion. I just told myself one day that I had total control of what I ate and the food had no control over me. That thought just freed me to not eat what I shouldn't because I know I'm stronger than a piece of chocolate. Not that I don't get cravings and give in every once in a while but I really make a conscious decision to give in when I do.

You are all an inspiration to me and I love reading all of your posts.
Thanks
Aimee

Kathy, I'm impressed with two 25 minute runs! I would not have had the discipline to go out the second time!

Stretch videos, Aimee..... do you have netflix? Check out yoga/stretch there, if so. It's a good way to try things out. I have acquired a variety of stretch things, including stretch max, Amy Bento's stretch & abs, Rodney Yee's yoga burn, Paul Grilley's yin yoga. You can also get free yoga downloads from a place on itunes.... I should be able to remember the name of it but right now I can't.

It's not that late, but I'm pooped.... off to bed.....

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.